Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301337 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Countdown begins. on 16:31 - Oct 2 with 3386 viewstrampie

The Countdown begins. on 15:58 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Two out of three ain't bad.......I hate all politicians. I want as few politicians as possible. As the number of politicians has risen the amount of money they gobble up rises ever more quickly.
Once we just had Westminster to govern the UK now we have 3 governments and all the paraphernalia that goes with them.
The WAG wants to increase it's size by 30%, we already have more AM's per head in Wales than MP's per head in the UK.
As the number of politicians grows the world gets relatively worse.

I'm all for political reform, a change to how funding is calculated in the UK, cutting the number of MP's, closing down the Lords and replacing it with an elected chamber, a change to the voting system......there's a lot we can do but we don't need anywhere near as many politicians to start with.
You can try and paint me a Tory but I'm not. My political compass is apparently just left of centre. I'm in favour of nationalised utilities, a higher minimum wage, means testing for all benefits, a well funded NHS, more police who actually go out on the beat, scrapping Nuclear weapons, keeping the current union laws but clamping down strongly on management......lots more I could say and it comes from all points of the political spectrum.

But you would have perpetual right wing London and South East centric Government forevermore, England is a lost cause, they wont vote for caring sharing policies again they succumbed to Thatchers greed [tax cuts, council houses for a song, shares in nationalised companies for peanuts] and just like in Thatchers time they will vote for self interest and not the greater good, lots of Celts have given up on them, they are a lost cause.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Countdown begins. on 16:41 - Oct 2 with 3379 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 16:31 - Oct 2 by trampie

But you would have perpetual right wing London and South East centric Government forevermore, England is a lost cause, they wont vote for caring sharing policies again they succumbed to Thatchers greed [tax cuts, council houses for a song, shares in nationalised companies for peanuts] and just like in Thatchers time they will vote for self interest and not the greater good, lots of Celts have given up on them, they are a lost cause.

What we need is a change to the voting system so people are more fairly represented. wasn't it ridiculous that the SNP could have 30+ seats in Westminster and UKIP just one when UKIP had twice as many votes (that's not support for UKIP btw, just stating a fact) it's no wonder people have given up on politics. I know many people who never vote, they don't think it'll change a thing.
The tories are a steaming pile of horse schitt yes, but that doesn't mean a left wing government will do better.....they are both a pile of manure.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Countdown begins. on 16:50 - Oct 2 with 3369 viewstrampie

The Countdown begins. on 16:41 - Oct 2 by Catullus

What we need is a change to the voting system so people are more fairly represented. wasn't it ridiculous that the SNP could have 30+ seats in Westminster and UKIP just one when UKIP had twice as many votes (that's not support for UKIP btw, just stating a fact) it's no wonder people have given up on politics. I know many people who never vote, they don't think it'll change a thing.
The tories are a steaming pile of horse schitt yes, but that doesn't mean a left wing government will do better.....they are both a pile of manure.

SNP are only in Scotland, UKIP is UK wide.

Our system is tried and tested and elects the peoples choice in any given constituency.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Countdown begins. on 17:20 - Oct 2 with 3349 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 16:50 - Oct 2 by trampie

SNP are only in Scotland, UKIP is UK wide.

Our system is tried and tested and elects the peoples choice in any given constituency.

If the SNP entered candidates nationwide do you think they’d get much support outside Scotland?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 17:37 - Oct 2 with 3340 viewstrampie

The Countdown begins. on 17:20 - Oct 2 by Highjack

If the SNP entered candidates nationwide do you think they’d get much support outside Scotland?

I don't think they would win seats in England in FPTP but I could seem them beat a few of the minor parties in England.

The Countdown begins. on 17:39 - Oct 2 with 3343 viewsjohnlangy

The Countdown begins. on 15:58 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Two out of three ain't bad.......I hate all politicians. I want as few politicians as possible. As the number of politicians has risen the amount of money they gobble up rises ever more quickly.
Once we just had Westminster to govern the UK now we have 3 governments and all the paraphernalia that goes with them.
The WAG wants to increase it's size by 30%, we already have more AM's per head in Wales than MP's per head in the UK.
As the number of politicians grows the world gets relatively worse.

I'm all for political reform, a change to how funding is calculated in the UK, cutting the number of MP's, closing down the Lords and replacing it with an elected chamber, a change to the voting system......there's a lot we can do but we don't need anywhere near as many politicians to start with.
You can try and paint me a Tory but I'm not. My political compass is apparently just left of centre. I'm in favour of nationalised utilities, a higher minimum wage, means testing for all benefits, a well funded NHS, more police who actually go out on the beat, scrapping Nuclear weapons, keeping the current union laws but clamping down strongly on management......lots more I could say and it comes from all points of the political spectrum.

An up arrow from me Catullus. You may not agree with my thoughts on Welsh Independence but a lot of what you wrote in that post is good .
The Countdown begins. on 18:23 - Oct 2 with 3316 viewstrampie

Labour and Conservatives same policies yet again.

The Countdown begins. on 21:27 - Oct 2 with 3295 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 17:39 - Oct 2 by johnlangy

An up arrow from me Catullus. You may not agree with my thoughts on Welsh Independence but a lot of what you wrote in that post is good .

Why thank you JL, you see I want a fairer world, a better world but I just don't think the Left or Right will give it to us.
I usually end up sounding like I'm defending one side (either left or right) depending who I'm debating with but in a room with May, Corbyn and Cable I'd be roasting all of them!!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

The Countdown begins. on 23:48 - Oct 2 with 3273 viewsDJack

The Countdown begins. on 12:41 - Oct 2 by Highjack

We need to start a new countdown

NOOOOOOO!

There is an evil side to you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Countdown begins. on 23:57 - Oct 2 with 3266 viewsKilkennyjack

The Countdown begins. on 17:39 - Oct 2 by johnlangy

I agree.

Lets scrap nuclear weapons tomorrow - and save billions.

Dim diolch.

Beware of the Risen People

The Countdown begins. on 09:03 - Oct 3 with 3205 viewspikeypaul

177 AFLI

SIUYRL

By god the days are ticking away quickly 😃😃😃
Happy days.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

The Countdown begins. on 05:44 - Oct 4 with 3133 viewspikeypaul

176 AFLI

SIUYRL

The Countdown begins. on 06:28 - Oct 4 with 3122 viewspeenemunde

Independence is going to be absolutely brilliant.....👍
The Countdown begins. on 07:13 - Oct 4 with 3106 viewsKilkennyjack

The Countdown begins. on 06:28 - Oct 4 by peenemunde

Independence is going to be absolutely brilliant.....👍

Yes - its a far better option than ‘walesshire’ ..... feck this Tory brexit.... 🤓

The Countdown begins. on 08:22 - Oct 4 with 3090 viewsKilkennyjack

More project fear ...?

The Falkland Islands’ government has sounded the alarm over leaving the EU single market, warning that the territory would take a “catastrophic” economic hit if it faces new tariffs and quotas as a result of Brexit.

I thought people cared about the Falkland Islands ?

The Countdown begins. on 09:28 - Oct 4 with 3059 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 08:22 - Oct 4 by Kilkennyjack

More project fear ...?

The Falkland Islands’ government has sounded the alarm over leaving the EU single market, warning that the territory would take a “catastrophic” economic hit if it faces new tariffs and quotas as a result of Brexit.

I thought people cared about the Falkland Islands ?

Fear is a cell Kilkenny and we need to break out of it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 13:30 - Oct 4 with 3026 viewsShaky

Nissan becomes latest manufacturer to warn against hard Brexit
Carmaker says success of Sunderland operations enabled by frictionless trade with EU
By David Conn

Guardian, Thu 4 Oct 2018 06.00 BST Last modified on Thu 4 Oct 2018

The Japanese carmaker Nissan has warned the government that serious disruption will be caused to its huge manufacturing operation in the north-east of England if the UK fails to secure a deal with the EU that avoids a hard Brexit.

Carlos Ghosn, the chair of Nissan, has described its British operations as “a European investment based in the UK”, which employs almost 8,000 people, mostly at its factory near Sunderland. A further 30,000 people are employed in UK companies supplying Nissan.

Like the other car manufacturers that use the UK as a base for exporting to the EU, Nissan relies on rapid, “just in time” importing of millions of components from the EU every day, with no customs delays or tariffs.

A hard Brexit — if the government has not agreed to a customs union or common standards to allow free movement of goods — would result in trading with EU countries on World Trade Organization rules, which apply 4.5% tariffs to car parts and 10% to finished cars.

Colin Lawther, a Nissan executive, told the House of Commons international trade committee in February 2017 that tariffs would add £500m to the plant’s costs, which it might not survive, and that long delays of parts at borders would be a disaster for the operation.

In a statement to the Guardian authorised by the main board in Japan, Nissan said: “Since 1986, the UK has been a production base for Nissan in Europe. Our British-based research and development and design teams support the development of products made in Sunderland, specifically for the European market.

“Frictionless trade has enabled the growth that has seen our Sunderland plant become the biggest factory in the history of the UK car industry, exporting more than half of its production to the EU.

“Today we are among those companies with major investments in the UK who are still waiting for clarity on what the future trading relationship between the UK and the EU will look like. As a sudden change from those rules to the rules of the World Trading Organization will have serious implications for British industry, we urge UK and EU negotiators to work collaboratively towards an orderly balanced Brexit that will continue to encourage mutually beneficial trade.”

It is a sign of alarm at senior levels that Nissan has issued a statement, as the company has been restrained in public since the June 2016 referendum. Ghosn himself has issued repeated warnings that investment is on hold, saying in June this year that over the long term the Sunderland operation is threatened with decline .

In September 2016 he stated that the new Qashqai and X-Trail models which were due to be allocated to the Sunderland plant were on hold. Theresa May and the business secretary, Greg Clark, then met Ghosn and other Nissan executives to give assurances of financial support for the car industry, and for the strengthening of Nissan’s UK supply chain, which led to the new models being commissioned at Sunderland.

Shinichi Iida, minister for public diplomacy and media at the Japanese embassy in London, also told the Guardian that Japanese companies, of which there are 1,000 in Britain employing 160,000 people directly, are responding to Brexit by taking “risk hedge measures”.

Japanese financial institutions have already submitted applications to set up bases in European financial authorities such as Frankfurt and Amsterdam, he said, and some manufacturing companies are holding off future investment plans.

“If Japanese companies encounter problems in the UK I would not be surprised if they shift their balance towards their business operations on the continent,” Iida said.

Senior executives at Toyota, BMW and the PSA Group, which owns Vauxhall, have all warned this week that they are likely to reduce their operations in the UK in the event of a hard Brexit. In September Ralf Speth, chief executive of Jaguar Land Rover, warned the prime minister that its operations faced grinding to a halt and that “tens of thousands” of jobs in the industry could be lost.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/04/nissan-becomes-latest-manufactur

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Countdown begins. on 13:41 - Oct 4 with 3024 viewsCatullus

Maybe, when all these companies leave the UK it will provide opportunities. There will be plenty of space for new start ups.
These people who say they'll leave, all they're worried about is their profits anyway. If we stopped buying certai cars and hit them in the pockets they'd reconsider their actions.
1 in 7 cars bought here are German, maybe they'll not think the loss of money worth the effort to leave? 46% of our car exports go outside the EU, maybe other trade deals will help in that sector.
Probably irrelevant, some kind of deal will be done. Corporations hate losing their profit margins, any drop in margin could easily be beaten by a massive drop in sales. The UK needs to buy clever to make the CEO's think long and hard.

The Countdown begins. on 13:48 - Oct 4 with 3020 viewsBytholWyn

The Countdown begins. on 13:41 - Oct 4 by Catullus

Maybe, when all these companies leave the UK it will provide opportunities. There will be plenty of space for new start ups.
These people who say they'll leave, all they're worried about is their profits anyway. If we stopped buying certai cars and hit them in the pockets they'd reconsider their actions.
1 in 7 cars bought here are German, maybe they'll not think the loss of money worth the effort to leave? 46% of our car exports go outside the EU, maybe other trade deals will help in that sector.
Probably irrelevant, some kind of deal will be done. Corporations hate losing their profit margins, any drop in margin could easily be beaten by a massive drop in sales. The UK needs to buy clever to make the CEO's think long and hard.

Run that past me again? In English this time...
The Countdown begins. on 14:12 - Oct 4 with 3009 viewsBatterseajack

In the real world, businesses operate to make profit. No profit = no business.
The Countdown begins. on 14:22 - Oct 4 with 2999 viewswestside

haven't WAG just given £20 million to Aston Martin.
The Countdown begins. on 14:34 - Oct 4 with 2979 viewslonglostjack

The Buy British campaign failed to save British Leyland ! The world has moved on too. Integrated supply chains and common platforms. Made in Britain or Assembled in Britain ?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 14:36]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Countdown begins. on 15:17 - Oct 4 with 2969 viewsBytholWyn

The Brexit fanatics are perfectly happy to sacrifice the British car industry on the altar of a pure hard Brexit: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/mps-react-after-vote-leave-

With "gurus" like this leading the Charge of the Light Brigade what surprise is it that gullible and pliable Brexiteers are happy to fall into line.
The Countdown begins. on 16:05 - Oct 4 with 2942 viewsBytholWyn

Anyone who is actually interested in what Brexit might look like may be interested in the following:

https://fullfact.org/europe/brexit-trade-deals-norway-canada-options/

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/IFGJ5

The latter's not exactly bedtime reading - but spells out, factually, with no spin, the substance of the deals that the EU currently has with Norway, Canada, The Ukraine etc. Makes for interesting reading. For those advocating a Canada-style deal, it's worth noting that the deal is mainly in the area of goods - with a number of financial-services aread excluded from the deal. Given that services account for 80% of the UK economy this may be a tad problematical. It's also worth noting that the EU has a trade surplus with Canada in goods and a deficit in services. So, unsurprisingly (given the 513 million to 27 million disparity in populations size), CETA is a pretty good deal for the EU.

This quote is particularly pertinent:

"Norway applies EU regulations and, as a result, it avoids most non-tariff barriers when trading with the EU. In comparison, Canada faces significant barriers to trade. Canadian exports must meet Single Market rules in order to enter the European market, and checks take place at the border to ensure they meet the right product standards."

Donald Tusk today said that the EU were open to a "Canada plus plus plus" deal, which may sound like music to the ears of the Boris Johnson's of this world. But I suspect what he really means is a "Canada minus minus minus" - in other words a deal that lies a lot closer to a Norway type deal than a Canada one.

The bottom line is this, the more freedom the UK wants from the EUs structures the greater the price it will have to pay. This is plain common sense - something notably absent from the narrative espoused by the Tory leadership, which is aimed pretty much exclusively at addressing internal party divisions and a domestic a audience.

Now that the tedious party conference season is over it's time to get real.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 16:25]
The Countdown begins. on 16:26 - Oct 4 with 2932 viewsJango

All ifs and coulds again from the usuals. All very quiet a few days ago when German company Aldi’s announced it was definitely building another 100+ stores by 2020 bringing thousands of more jobs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024