Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301601 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Countdown begins. on 13:09 - Nov 15 with 2183 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 12:53 - Nov 15 by LeonWasGod

"Deputising" for May apparently. It was widely reported at the time that May had taken over the talks personally. Which was a change from when Davies was in post, as he was our officially lead negotiator. Raab wasn't.

https://www.politico.eu/article/theresa-may-takes-control-of-brexit-negotiations

I assume May realised Raab wasn't up to the job, wanted a Brexiteer in post to appease the other Brexiteers in her party, but also wanted one she could manipulate. So a token appointment if you like.

Just guessing though.

I agree with all you say, but its beggars belief an intelligent Brexiteer like Raab who truly believed in this nonsense would go along with this, right up until this morning.

The truth is, he doesn't have a better alternative.
The Countdown begins. on 13:11 - Nov 15 with 2179 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 13:07 - Nov 15 by Batterseajack

Well what was Raab doing? If he's not the incompetent weirdo championed by Brexiters that we all think he is, why didn't he make his position public much earlier?

He enjoyed the position and the benefits it gave him.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 13:22 - Nov 15 with 2164 viewsmajorraglan

The Countdown begins. on 12:38 - Nov 15 by bluey_the_blue

Who says a fair deal would be "same access as before"?

You can define for yourself exactly what you think a fair deal could be. Everyone has a different view, it's irrelevant.

The simple fact is that the EU cannot countenance a scenario where Britain is successful outside the EU. It's as simple as that. Britain succeeds, well, plenty of other nations then wonder what the hell EU really does for them.

Agreed, everyone has their own view on Brexit and what constitutes a fair deal is subjective.

Our government and the main opposition party are riddled with different factions, the EU will have another 27 governments views to consider and most of those countries and governments also have numerous factions and self interest groups pushing agendas.

I think the EU are trying to strike a balance between making it as difficult as they can whilst also trying to provide Teresa May and her Government some conscessions so that we don’t go for the “nuclear option” of a no deal outcome. They want to trade with us and we want to trade with them, they have rules and regulations we don’t like or want and we have money (budget contributions) which they like and want.
The EU would clearly prefer a scenario where Britain isn’t as successful on the outside as it is on the inside and I see why, because if that isn’t the case the whole thing could come tumbling down like a pack of cards.

In terms of being successful on a global basis, I have little confidence in the ability of our politicians to negotiate trade deals with the rest of the world, people go on about negotiating a trade deal with Trump and the US, he has an America First agenda and quite rightly his focus is on the American people and their jobs, he has rowed with Canada, is rowing with China so I am not convinced we will get a trade deal.

The current situation is a mess and I suspect that we will end up with a “no deal” scenario which is what most were trying to avoid. To get the current offer through, Teresa May is going to need to get the support of a large number her own MP’s and opposition MP’s. SNP won’t support it because they want to stay in, Labour looking to vote against it because it doesn’t deliver what they want, Brexiteers voting against, some other tories voting for, LD’s vote for, Unionists against and others such as PC who knows! I suspect that will push us towards no deal.
The Countdown begins. on 13:26 - Nov 15 with 2151 viewsWarwickHunt

Rees-Mogg just about to light the blue touch paper....
The Countdown begins. on 13:43 - Nov 15 with 2130 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins. on 13:05 - Nov 15 by Batterseajack

Well since no one has explained what is, in their view, a fair deal, then i'm obliged to guess.

EU will let us leave, but we lose our benefits of membership. If TM/Raab/Robins decide they want to retain some of those benefits, then this is the sort of deal we end up with.

What would you liked to have seen?

Trade access. Nothing else.

Nobody can pretend this custom union backstop is better than the current situation we could issue Article 50 to leave EU. Custom union under this deal? Only EU could approve us leaving.

It's an emerging world, there are far bigger markets out there than the EU. This deal is the worst possible deal.
The Countdown begins. on 13:49 - Nov 15 with 2124 viewslonglostjack

The Countdown begins. on 13:43 - Nov 15 by bluey_the_blue

Nobody can pretend this custom union backstop is better than the current situation we could issue Article 50 to leave EU. Custom union under this deal? Only EU could approve us leaving.

It's an emerging world, there are far bigger markets out there than the EU. This deal is the worst possible deal.

You honestly think that the UK could strike better trade deals on it’s own? Wow.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Countdown begins. on 13:55 - Nov 15 with 2112 viewsHighjack

Mogg has gone rogue.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Countdown begins. on 14:01 - Nov 15 with 2103 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 13:43 - Nov 15 by bluey_the_blue

Trade access is what you've got!

There was nothing stopping us going for a Super duper Canada deal, but there would be seen some restrictions in access to trade. More so, the more we deviate from the EU rules we've swallowed into UK law.

The customs checks that would come with a Canada style deal would have gone against the good Friday agreement.
Login to get fewer ads

The Countdown begins. on 14:02 - Nov 15 with 2097 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Countdown begins. on 13:55 - Nov 15 by Highjack

Mogg has gone rogue.

If May goes, there will be a load of politicians who have been shouting their mouths off who could find themselves having to deliver something rather than shout from the stands.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Countdown begins. on 14:05 - Nov 15 with 2092 viewslonglostjack

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Countdown begins. on 14:06 - Nov 15 with 2090 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 14:02 - Nov 15 by JACKMANANDBOY

If May goes, there will be a load of politicians who have been shouting their mouths off who could find themselves having to deliver something rather than shout from the stands.

Which is how it should have been from the start really.

The Countdown begins. on 14:14 - Nov 15 with 2079 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins. on 14:01 - Nov 15 by Batterseajack

Trade access is what you've got!

There was nothing stopping us going for a Super duper Canada deal, but there would be seen some restrictions in access to trade. More so, the more we deviate from the EU rules we've swallowed into UK law.

The customs checks that would come with a Canada style deal would have gone against the good Friday agreement.

Well, do EU want to run the risk of a war on their border. The answer is simply yes. They'd rather risk that than apply common sense.

It's obvious to anybody with a brain cell that the EU and UK could have agreed that NI is a special circumstance due to the Good Friday agreement. It's not the same as other non-EU countries bordering EU countries. Given the history and relative peace going on,nobody with any brain cells would have reacted an exclusion from the norm. EU instead want to be inflexible, using it as a bargaining chip.

No deal, go WTO rules.
The Countdown begins. on 14:20 - Nov 15 with 2064 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 14:14 - Nov 15 by bluey_the_blue

Well, do EU want to run the risk of a war on their border. The answer is simply yes. They'd rather risk that than apply common sense.

It's obvious to anybody with a brain cell that the EU and UK could have agreed that NI is a special circumstance due to the Good Friday agreement. It's not the same as other non-EU countries bordering EU countries. Given the history and relative peace going on,nobody with any brain cells would have reacted an exclusion from the norm. EU instead want to be inflexible, using it as a bargaining chip.

No deal, go WTO rules.

Sorry, you lost me there. How have the EU risked war on their border? They didn't vote to change the status quo, the UK did. Did brexiteers spare a thought for Ireland?

The EU has a right to have borders to their single market to protect its integrity. Why should it allow exceptions to this because the British public voted out?

We only got the deal we currently have because we asked for it. We could have said no, and go for a no deal. But that wouldn't solve the border issue.
The Countdown begins. on 14:20 - Nov 15 with 2063 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Countdown begins. on 14:06 - Nov 15 by Highjack

Which is how it should have been from the start really.

I get the impression that half of them would be clueless when it came to doing any real work.

The Countdown begins. on 14:30 - Nov 15 with 2044 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 14:20 - Nov 15 by JACKMANANDBOY

I get the impression that half of them would be clueless when it came to doing any real work.

Yep. As someone said just above, we need to be more careful with the sort of people we elect, but people tend to just vote for their ‘team’ regardless.

The Countdown begins. on 14:33 - Nov 15 with 2042 viewstrampie

The Countdown begins. on 13:22 - Nov 15 by majorraglan

Agreed, everyone has their own view on Brexit and what constitutes a fair deal is subjective.

Our government and the main opposition party are riddled with different factions, the EU will have another 27 governments views to consider and most of those countries and governments also have numerous factions and self interest groups pushing agendas.

I think the EU are trying to strike a balance between making it as difficult as they can whilst also trying to provide Teresa May and her Government some conscessions so that we don’t go for the “nuclear option” of a no deal outcome. They want to trade with us and we want to trade with them, they have rules and regulations we don’t like or want and we have money (budget contributions) which they like and want.
The EU would clearly prefer a scenario where Britain isn’t as successful on the outside as it is on the inside and I see why, because if that isn’t the case the whole thing could come tumbling down like a pack of cards.

In terms of being successful on a global basis, I have little confidence in the ability of our politicians to negotiate trade deals with the rest of the world, people go on about negotiating a trade deal with Trump and the US, he has an America First agenda and quite rightly his focus is on the American people and their jobs, he has rowed with Canada, is rowing with China so I am not convinced we will get a trade deal.

The current situation is a mess and I suspect that we will end up with a “no deal” scenario which is what most were trying to avoid. To get the current offer through, Teresa May is going to need to get the support of a large number her own MP’s and opposition MP’s. SNP won’t support it because they want to stay in, Labour looking to vote against it because it doesn’t deliver what they want, Brexiteers voting against, some other tories voting for, LD’s vote for, Unionists against and others such as PC who knows! I suspect that will push us towards no deal.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Countdown begins. on 14:34 - Nov 15 with 2040 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins. on 14:20 - Nov 15 by Batterseajack

Sorry, you lost me there. How have the EU risked war on their border? They didn't vote to change the status quo, the UK did. Did brexiteers spare a thought for Ireland?

The EU has a right to have borders to their single market to protect its integrity. Why should it allow exceptions to this because the British public voted out?

We only got the deal we currently have because we asked for it. We could have said no, and go for a no deal. But that wouldn't solve the border issue.

The EU are well aware of the border issue. They simply couldn't give a single flying sh!t about it.

EU as I said could easily have made an exception due to the peace process. Integrity, sure. There are always extenuation circumstances where flexibility is required. In this instance, EU would rather use the risk of violence to try to block Brexit.

The deal May has "got" is the worst of all situations. It's a pathetic halfway house solution which means MPs on all sides are lining up to shoot down for many varying reasons.

I'd personally say sod it, no deal, WTO rules.
The Countdown begins. on 14:40 - Nov 15 with 2025 viewstrampie

Adam Price speaks.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Countdown begins. on 14:44 - Nov 15 with 2009 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Funny how Switzerland which is not in the EU has no hard border between it and the EU Countries like France, Italy and Germany.

There does need to be the a hard border between the UK and the Irish Republic it is only the Irish government that wants this for there short sighted political reasons.

If the EU wishes to impose a hard border let them. The UK is the republics biggest trading partner. The Irish Republic currently sends 80% of it's EU exports and imports via the UK as it is quicker and cheaper to send them this way as opposed to shipping them direct via a longer shipping route.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Countdown begins. on 14:55 - Nov 15 with 1989 viewsWarwickHunt

Rory Stewart on Radio 5 https://twitter.com/bbc5live

“80% of the British public support this deal….

“I’m producing a number to try to illustrate what I believe…

“I totally apologise for that and I take that back”

You dopey, monkey-faced twát.
The Countdown begins. on 14:59 - Nov 15 with 1973 viewssherpajacob

The Countdown begins. on 14:44 - Nov 15 by felixstowe_jack

Funny how Switzerland which is not in the EU has no hard border between it and the EU Countries like France, Italy and Germany.

There does need to be the a hard border between the UK and the Irish Republic it is only the Irish government that wants this for there short sighted political reasons.

If the EU wishes to impose a hard border let them. The UK is the republics biggest trading partner. The Irish Republic currently sends 80% of it's EU exports and imports via the UK as it is quicker and cheaper to send them this way as opposed to shipping them direct via a longer shipping route.

Are you advocating the UK joins the Schengen area?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Countdown begins. on 15:00 - Nov 15 with 1967 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 14:44 - Nov 15 by felixstowe_jack

Switzerland is in Schengen and yes it does have a border and it frequently has lorry jams

The Countdown begins. on 15:39 - Nov 15 with 1930 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Countdown begins. on 14:30 - Nov 15 by Highjack

Yep. As someone said just above, we need to be more careful with the sort of people we elect, but people tend to just vote for their ‘team’ regardless.

They are proving their lack of worth today. For example Vince Cable an avid remainer who supports a second referendum talking about why the draft agreement is not right

He has been clear in the past he would not support any agreement to leave.

The Countdown begins. on 15:56 - Nov 15 with 1899 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 15:39 - Nov 15 by JACKMANANDBOY

They are proving their lack of worth today. For example Vince Cable an avid remainer who supports a second referendum talking about why the draft agreement is not right

He has been clear in the past he would not support any agreement to leave.

That duffer should have been sent to the glue factory years ago, metaphorically speaking of course.

Talking of lying, duplicitous Lib Dem weasels I notice Sir Nick Clegg has been rewarded for his utter failure in politics with a highly paid role as Facebook’s global head of something or other. Basically Zuckerberg’s right hand man. But apart from wa*king him off he’s also in charge of global strategy.

And people claim Facebook is politically neutral and a place for free speech?

The Countdown begins. on 16:06 - Nov 15 with 1887 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Countdown begins. on 15:56 - Nov 15 by Highjack

That duffer should have been sent to the glue factory years ago, metaphorically speaking of course.

Talking of lying, duplicitous Lib Dem weasels I notice Sir Nick Clegg has been rewarded for his utter failure in politics with a highly paid role as Facebook’s global head of something or other. Basically Zuckerberg’s right hand man. But apart from wa*king him off he’s also in charge of global strategy.

And people claim Facebook is politically neutral and a place for free speech?

Ah the same Nick Clegg who campaigned for the tech giants to pay more tax, the same Nick Clegg who claims £100k a year in ex PM's expenses, who has a multimillion contract with Facebook, he should be knighted for his services to himself......oh hold on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024