Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2341936 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Countdown begins. on 14:29 - Nov 25 with 2022 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 12:50 - Nov 25 by Highjack

Conveniently ignore the fact that the E.U. has had to agree to it before Parliament even get a vote.

And even then May had to make a concession on Gibraltar before Spain would agree to it.

Arlene Foster said this morning the DUP will not support this agreement though they will support May as PM. Not sure how that will pan out. Hammond and his gang of 5 versus Gove and his gang of 5 means May is caught square on like a rabbit in the headlights.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Countdown begins. on 14:44 - Nov 25 with 2009 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 14:29 - Nov 25 by Catullus

And even then May had to make a concession on Gibraltar before Spain would agree to it.

Arlene Foster said this morning the DUP will not support this agreement though they will support May as PM. Not sure how that will pan out. Hammond and his gang of 5 versus Gove and his gang of 5 means May is caught square on like a rabbit in the headlights.

So why present the deal to Parliament (and the country) two weeks ago or whenever it was only to change the deal at the last minute to desperately appease Spain?

That 585 page document that was presented has probably got another 140 pages of extra concessions in it by now.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 15:06 - Nov 25 with 1991 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins. on 14:44 - Nov 25 by Highjack

So why present the deal to Parliament (and the country) two weeks ago or whenever it was only to change the deal at the last minute to desperately appease Spain?

That 585 page document that was presented has probably got another 140 pages of extra concessions in it by now.

There's no need to desparately appease Spain; no one nation can veto deal from memory, needs support of 20 out of the 27.

Spanish sabre rattling.
The Countdown begins. on 15:12 - Nov 25 with 1989 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 15:06 - Nov 25 by bluey_the_blue

There's no need to desparately appease Spain; no one nation can veto deal from memory, needs support of 20 out of the 27.

Spanish sabre rattling.

I'm not sure, QMV (qualified majority voting) applies under treaty 238, this is Brexit so is it a different thing?
Spain refused to say yes to the original deal and it looked set to be scuppered before even getting to Westminster, until May made another concession.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Countdown begins. on 15:21 - Nov 25 with 1988 viewslonglostjack

The Countdown begins. on 13:57 - Nov 25 by bluey_the_blue

Sanchez leads a government likely to be voted out. Sabre rattling bs, much like the Argies over the Falklands.

Are you referring to the sabre rattling bullshit that the Tories ignored and which led to the Falklands War?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Countdown begins. on 15:25 - Nov 25 with 1981 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 15:21 - Nov 25 by longlostjack

Are you referring to the sabre rattling bullshit that the Tories ignored and which led to the Falklands War?

Sabre rattling burns as the Welsh Guards can testify.

The Countdown begins. on 15:42 - Nov 25 with 1962 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 10:24 - Nov 25 by Highjack

Yes it delivered peace in Europe by being created 30 years after the war had ended and as long as you ignore all the wars and genocide in Eastern Europe and the invasion of Northern Cyprus it definitely delivered peace everywhere in Europe.

Well done E.U!

Why would the existence of the EU be expected to deliver peace to nations that aren't members?
The Countdown begins. on 15:43 - Nov 25 with 1960 viewssherpajacob

The Countdown begins. on 12:50 - Nov 25 by Highjack

Conveniently ignore the fact that the E.U. has had to agree to it before Parliament even get a vote.

So UK parliament has the final say.

Sounds like sovereignty to me.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

The Countdown begins. on 16:12 - Nov 25 with 1943 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 15:42 - Nov 25 by Batterseajack

Why would the existence of the EU be expected to deliver peace to nations that aren't members?

Cyprus is a member.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 16:27 - Nov 25 with 1925 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gibraltar has been sacrificed at the altar of Brexit.

Poll: Tory leader

The Countdown begins. on 16:34 - Nov 25 with 1914 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 16:12 - Nov 25 by Highjack

Cyprus is a member.

Indeed it is, besides which I will stick to my opinion that it's NATO which has kept the peace but it's the EU that's more likely to cause a war. This latest outburst by Verhofstadt proves (yet again) the EU's ambitions which could end up causing a load of trouble.

The Countdown begins. on 16:50 - Nov 25 with 1902 viewsexiledclaseboy

So here’s what might happen next if parliament refuses to ratify the deal. Personally I still think parliament will approve it in the ultimate act of self preservation over the national interest.

Quick guide
What happens next if May's Brexit deal is voted down?

If MPs reject the deal, there are seven possible paths the country could go down next.

May brings it back to MPs

Perhaps with minor tweaks after a dash to Brussels. ​MPs knuckle under and vote it through.

May resigns immediately

It is hard to imagine her surviving for long. After a rapid leadership contest, a different leader could appeal to a majority in parliament, perhaps by offering a softer deal.

Tory backbenchers depose her

Jacob Rees-Mogg gets his way and there is a no-confidence vote. A new leader then tries to assemble a majority behind a tweaked deal.

May calls a general election

May could choose to take the ultimate gamble and hope that voters would back her deal, over the heads of squabbling MPs.

Labour tries to force an election

The opposition tables a vote of no confidence. ​If May lost​, the opposition (or a new Conservative leader) would have two weeks to form an alternative government that could win a second confidence vote. If they were unable to do so, a general election would be triggered.

A second referendum gathers support

This is most likely if Labour makes a last-ditch decision to back it.

No deal

The EU (Withdrawal) Act specifies 29 March 2019 as Brexit day. Amber Rudd has said she believes parliament would stop a no deal, but it is not clear how it would do so.

Poll: Tory leader

The Countdown begins. on 16:58 - Nov 25 with 1891 viewsmajorraglan

Cyprus is a member.

Since 2004 which we’ll after the invasion by Turkey. That said, since 1961 it was also a member of the Commonwealth- that didn’t stop the Turks!
The Countdown begins. on 16:59 - Nov 25 with 1888 viewsCatullus

There are so many factions within factions I doubt a new leader could be chosen, who could a majority agree on?

I think that self preservation wins the day, when recent in years can anyone remember the national interest coming first? Self serving politicians rule the day. The few that aren't self serving have little influence.

Labour will keep trying to force a GE but will, I believe, fail. The DUP have pledged to support May in anything apart from this brexit deal, well that's what Foster said this morning, that could already have changed!

The Countdown begins. on 17:17 - Nov 25 with 1872 viewslonglostjack

The Countdown begins. on 16:59 - Nov 25 by Catullus

There are so many factions within factions I doubt a new leader could be chosen, who could a majority agree on?

I think that self preservation wins the day, when recent in years can anyone remember the national interest coming first? Self serving politicians rule the day. The few that aren't self serving have little influence.

Labour will keep trying to force a GE but will, I believe, fail. The DUP have pledged to support May in anything apart from this brexit deal, well that's what Foster said this morning, that could already have changed!

I dislike Blair with a passion but what he argued this morning made logical sense. The Brexiteers see the deal as a sell out and not what they voted for. The Remainers, myself included, see it as a deal that is worse than what we have now. There has to be a second (binding) referendum now that we have the facts.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Countdown begins. on 17:17 - Nov 25 with 1871 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 16:59 - Nov 25 by Catullus

I've just read that Macron has said we will be forced into the Irish backstop unless we agree to give the French access to our fishing waters.

The deal hasn't even gotten through Westminster yet and the blackmail has started. Though I tend to think Macrons days are numbered, he's even less popular than May is, only 26% of the French like him!

The Countdown begins. on 17:21 - Nov 25 with 1869 viewsBatterseajack

Cyprus is a member.

It is now, but not when it was invaded by the Turks. But even if it was, it wasn’t invaded by a fellow member of the EU.
The Countdown begins. on 17:24 - Nov 25 with 1866 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 16:34 - Nov 25 by Catullus

Indeed it is, besides which I will stick to my opinion that it's NATO which has kept the peace but it's the EU that's more likely to cause a war. This latest outburst by Verhofstadt proves (yet again) the EU's ambitions which could end up causing a load of trouble.

Do you even bother to check anything before typing?

NATO was setup to counter the Russian threat. EU is setup so that nations which have historically been warring with each other have closer economic ties so that was becomes unthinkable and non-profitable
The Countdown begins. on 18:23 - Nov 25 with 1834 viewsPozuelosSideys

I think if parliament votes this monstrosity down (Which is really should!), then there needs to be a second referendum. Obviously this needs to be a simple yes/No for brexit with no splitting up of the paper with multiple options.

However, it should be made clear that a yes vote would meab a no deal is very much on the table.

So technically no deal or remain should be the options

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Countdown begins. on 21:21 - Nov 25 with 1781 viewsyescomeon

The Countdown begins. on 18:23 - Nov 25 by PozuelosSideys

I think if parliament votes this monstrosity down (Which is really should!), then there needs to be a second referendum. Obviously this needs to be a simple yes/No for brexit with no splitting up of the paper with multiple options.

However, it should be made clear that a yes vote would meab a no deal is very much on the table.

So technically no deal or remain should be the options

It can't really be "brexit: yes or no?" It needs to have 3 options, this deal, no deal or no brexit. They are the only real options in front of us, and it is only fair the public gets a say now know what's on the table.

Upthecity!

The Countdown begins. on 21:45 - Nov 25 with 1762 viewssherpajacob

The Countdown begins. on 21:21 - Nov 25 by yescomeon

It can't really be "brexit: yes or no?" It needs to have 3 options, this deal, no deal or no brexit. They are the only real options in front of us, and it is only fair the public gets a say now know what's on the table.

Parliament will already have voted down May's deal, and as Parliament is sovereign, that option will no longer be available.

Imho it should then go to a, parliamentary vote between no deal or remain.

If there is a, people's vote, there will be no expense spared (by Putin and others) in terms of disinformation, lies and propaganda, and many will be taken in, as they were in 2016.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Countdown begins. on 22:25 - Nov 25 with 1723 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins. on 21:45 - Nov 25 by sherpajacob

Parliament will already have voted down May's deal, and as Parliament is sovereign, that option will no longer be available.

Imho it should then go to a, parliamentary vote between no deal or remain.

If there is a, people's vote, there will be no expense spared (by Putin and others) in terms of disinformation, lies and propaganda, and many will be taken in, as they were in 2016.

Government spent 9m or so on leaflets backing a remain vote. People voted to leave regardless..

Disinformation, lies and propaganda? Well we were told there would be financial doom from the first day after a Leave vote - not actually leaving but upon Leave winning. That's not happened - investment into Britain has either been ignored or caveated with "despite Brexit". IMF chirp, let's ignore Lagarde's history with Tapie.

Putin and others interfered? So we keep hearing despite little to no evidence.

There's no deal EU would ever agree to. They don't want nations leaving / voting contrary to their wishes, any rebels must be punished. We've had people trying to undermine our negotiating position by wanting "no deal" ruled out. UK and EU can't agree a deal, so be it - leave with no deal.
The Countdown begins. on 23:12 - Nov 25 with 1701 viewsGowerjack

Which will deliver a remain victory as the potential leave vote will be split over two options.

And don't even get me started on a STV scenario.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Countdown begins. on 23:14 - Nov 25 with 1700 viewsPozuelosSideys

You cant have 3 options. Youre effectively rigging the ballot paper.

Edit: The Government and EU have gone on record as saying this is the best and only deal available. If this gets voted down then there are only 2 options as above
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 23:17]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Countdown begins. on 00:33 - Nov 26 with 1674 viewsthe_oracle

The Countdown begins. on 22:25 - Nov 25 by bluey_the_blue

Government spent 9m or so on leaflets backing a remain vote. People voted to leave regardless..

Disinformation, lies and propaganda? Well we were told there would be financial doom from the first day after a Leave vote - not actually leaving but upon Leave winning. That's not happened - investment into Britain has either been ignored or caveated with "despite Brexit". IMF chirp, let's ignore Lagarde's history with Tapie.

Putin and others interfered? So we keep hearing despite little to no evidence.

There's no deal EU would ever agree to. They don't want nations leaving / voting contrary to their wishes, any rebels must be punished. We've had people trying to undermine our negotiating position by wanting "no deal" ruled out. UK and EU can't agree a deal, so be it - leave with no deal.

"punished" by the EU? We left. They owe us nothing. Their interest is the other 27 nations, not us. This deal is the best we will get. Better than no deal, and worse than remaining. F@ck Brexit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024