Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301109 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Countdown begins. on 17:12 - Jan 23 with 3155 viewsBytholWyn

Direct quote from the BBC attributed to Rees-Mogg today:

"Everybody wants a deal; the prime minister wants a deal, the EU wants a deal and the Irish wants a deal".

Rees-Mogg went on to say "We wants it. We needs it. Must have the precious."
The Countdown begins. on 17:19 - Jan 23 with 3147 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 17:12 - Jan 23 by BytholWyn

Direct quote from the BBC attributed to Rees-Mogg today:

"Everybody wants a deal; the prime minister wants a deal, the EU wants a deal and the Irish wants a deal".

Rees-Mogg went on to say "We wants it. We needs it. Must have the precious."

Presumably “wants” in this instance means “lacks”.
The Countdown begins. on 17:36 - Jan 23 with 3139 viewsKilkennyjack

The Countdown begins. on 16:55 - Jan 23 by BytholWyn

You forgot to multiply by 100 after dividing 34,105 into 72. Easy enough mistake to make - but your point stands, we're talking here about one law in 500 on the statute book that have been imposed by the EU. Take the first one listed in the thread - the EU insisting that food labels should say if Aspartine is present - because of the suspected cancer risk. I wonder what vested interest the government were representing when they opposed that particular law.

This tweet summed things up pretty nicely:
"EU: additives to mineral water must be safe and labels must be honest (eg "spring water" has to come from an actual spring)
UK: This will kill our sales of Dell-boy Trotter's "Peckham Spring Water"."

When it comes to regulation I have far more faith in both the EU and the Welsh government than the UK Parliament, especially with the Tories in charge.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 16:58]

Exactly correct.

Nice European people - good.
Nasty English Tories - bad.

Thats just about it, i think .... 🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

The Countdown begins. on 19:48 - Jan 23 with 3098 viewslonglostjack

You forgot to multiply by 100 after dividing 34,105 into 72. Easy enough mistake to make - but your point stands, we're talking here about one law in 500 on the statute book that have been imposed by the EU. Take the first one listed in the thread - the EU insisting that food labels should say if Aspartine is present - because of the suspected cancer risk. I wonder what vested interest the government were representing when they opposed that particular law.

"EU: additives to mineral water must be safe and labels must be honest (eg "spring water" has to come from an actual spring)

When it comes to regulation I have far more faith in both the EU and the Welsh government than the UK Parliament, especially with the Tories in charge.

Me too.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Countdown begins. on 23:02 - Jan 23 with 3045 viewsKilkennyjack

😂😂😂

The Countdown begins. on 07:35 - Jan 24 with 2980 viewspikeypaul

64 AFLI

SIUYRL

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

The Countdown begins. on 08:55 - Jan 24 with 2942 viewswestside

The Countdown begins. on 23:02 - Jan 23 by Kilkennyjack

😂😂😂

is that Oakeshott
The Countdown begins. on 08:57 - Jan 24 with 2940 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 08:55 - Jan 24 by westside

is that Oakeshott

To the right of Farage?
Login to get fewer ads

The Countdown begins. on 09:08 - Jan 24 with 2935 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 08:55 - Jan 24 by westside

is that Oakeshott

By the look on his face, she’s just told him she’s going to peg him with a giant strap-on.

She looks the type. Nazi uniform, probably.
The Countdown begins. on 09:52 - Jan 24 with 2909 viewsLegend83

The Countdown begins. on 20:33 - Jan 18 by majorraglan

Nice to see JRM has moved one of his Wealth management fund to Dublin, the prospectus apparently lasted Brexit as one of the risks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-jacob-rees-mogg-scm-irelan

He didn't move anything as he takes no active role in running the firm. They also didn't "move" anything, it was a new fund incremental to those already existing in the UK.

/Pedant mode off.
The Countdown begins. on 10:10 - Jan 24 with 2904 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Countdown begins. on 10:10 - Jan 24 with 2904 viewsLegend83

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/6923814/UK-officials-accused-of-scuppering-comp

"The Conservatives have called for clear legislation that would force suppliers to label food with where it comes from. Presently, consumers have no idea where food comes from unless shops and manufacturers voluntarily choose to tell them."

Also the UK, US and EU Food Safety institutions have all vigorously tested Aspartame and found no proven scientific link to increase in cancer rates in humans so you need to use a better example - phenylalanine would be one.
The Countdown begins. on 10:56 - Jan 24 with 2882 viewsLeonWasGod

The Countdown begins. on 10:10 - Jan 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Completely unrelated, but this is on his timeline. The responses in the thread are rather amusing.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 10:57]
The Countdown begins. on 11:29 - Jan 24 with 2860 viewssherpajacob

I must admit listening to Vince, I now have a much clearer idea of why some people voted leave.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1721976828112319&id=1581272282182775

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Countdown begins. on 12:37 - Jan 24 with 2823 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 11:29 - Jan 24 by sherpajacob

I must admit listening to Vince, I now have a much clearer idea of why some people voted leave.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1721976828112319&id=1581272282182775

Did you see his party political broadcast yesterday? I thought Farron was bad but vince takes uninspiring to a whole new level.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 18:53 - Jan 24 with 2740 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done feckwits.

No real welshman would ever vote for Englands Tory Brexit.

The Countdown begins. on 04:46 - Jan 25 with 2633 viewspikeypaul

9 weeks and fecking loving it

SIUYRL

The Countdown begins. on 07:57 - Jan 25 with 2600 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 08:12 - Jan 25 with 2587 viewsBatterseajack

Pahahhahahaha

Those calling for WTO brexit don’t have a clue what they’re talking about. If you're serious about brexit, you should be backing Mays deal.

*Edit* spelt You're as your. corrected for Warwicks benefit
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 8:48]
The Countdown begins. on 09:32 - Jan 25 with 2551 viewsJango

The Countdown begins. on 08:12 - Jan 25 by Batterseajack

Pahahhahahaha

Those calling for WTO brexit don’t have a clue what they’re talking about. If you're serious about brexit, you should be backing Mays deal.

I think we’ll continue to see the childish cat and mouse games right up until the last moment and whatever mays deal is at that time will get through.
The Countdown begins. on 09:42 - Jan 25 with 2544 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 08:12 - Jan 25 by Batterseajack

Pahahhahahaha

Sums it up nicely. What a fûcking moron.
The Countdown begins. on 10:01 - Jan 25 with 2529 viewsLegend83

The Countdown begins. on 18:53 - Jan 24 by Kilkennyjack

Well done feckwits.

No real welshman would ever vote for Englands Tory Brexit.

Playing devil's advocate here, but you realize we are net "contributor" to the EU bank balance and therefore what this is effectively saying is the EU will no longer be giving us our money back...

...however clearly then there is a question about whether the contributions we would have made that are now staying in the UK Treasury coffers would still end up on these regional projects.

Wasn't there some article recently that pointed out that the investment ploughed into Wales via the EU has been totally ineffective at generating economic benefits?

Found it - so c£2.5bn of "structural funding" from the EU since 2007 has:

- supported 230,000 people to gain a qualification (£11k per person)
- helped 72,000 people into jobs (£34k per person)
- created 36,000 jobs (£70k per job)

Value for money??
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 10:37]
The Countdown begins. on 10:52 - Jan 25 with 2490 viewsLeonWasGod

The Countdown begins. on 10:01 - Jan 25 by Legend83

Playing devil's advocate here, but you realize we are net "contributor" to the EU bank balance and therefore what this is effectively saying is the EU will no longer be giving us our money back...

...however clearly then there is a question about whether the contributions we would have made that are now staying in the UK Treasury coffers would still end up on these regional projects.

Wasn't there some article recently that pointed out that the investment ploughed into Wales via the EU has been totally ineffective at generating economic benefits?

Found it - so c£2.5bn of "structural funding" from the EU since 2007 has:

- supported 230,000 people to gain a qualification (£11k per person)
- helped 72,000 people into jobs (£34k per person)
- created 36,000 jobs (£70k per job)

Value for money??
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 10:37]

That argument only works IF there is going to be Brexit dividend. There are an awful lot of signs out there that the costs of Brexit and the potential losses could be substantial. The million dollar question will be whether the savings on the membership fee are wiped out by those losses. Research to date has suggested that may already be the case through retarded growth following the referendum. Time will tell on that one, but if I had to bet on it I suspect Brexit will end up costing a lot more than it'll save through membership fees (I actually think we'll end up buying into parts of the EU structure anyway, so we'll still be paying some form of access fee).

The other part is about geography, as you say. And the nature of those projects the money has been spent on. I don't have much confidence that we will see a replacement for all EU funds in Wales. I suspect something will be sorted out for the farmers, but as for funds supporting jobs, growth, creativity, the arts, young people initiatives, infrastructure & other capital build projects, research, environmental protection.... Some of those things aren't exactly priorities for Westminster.

Is the Council going to get additional funds to help redevelop the City centre, for example, when we can't even get an electrified rail link?

You can see where that money goes locally on this map - https://www.myeu.uk/ (and this excludes some funding that comes from other EU pots)

As for effectiveness of funds, there is an argument that because we rely on these funds it shows that they are not working (they are supposed to help lift us out of poverty). Andrew RT Davies in the past has criticised our reliance on them as a way at getting a dig in at the Assembly: “Whilst this funding will be welcomed, we must not forget that it has only been granted due to the failure of successive Welsh Labour Governments to improve Wales’ economic performance in previous tranches." But then you have to ask where the Assembly gets its money from....suddenly the Tories don't look too good either, do they Mr Andrew RT Davies?!

Politics aside, the fact that we continue to qualify for EU structural funding is a damning indictment on both Westminster and the Assembly: the two organisations that people are expecting to help once we leave the EU. Does anyone really think they'll suddenly start getting things right in Wales?
The Countdown begins. on 11:13 - Jan 25 with 2481 viewsLegend83

The Countdown begins. on 10:52 - Jan 25 by LeonWasGod

That argument only works IF there is going to be Brexit dividend. There are an awful lot of signs out there that the costs of Brexit and the potential losses could be substantial. The million dollar question will be whether the savings on the membership fee are wiped out by those losses. Research to date has suggested that may already be the case through retarded growth following the referendum. Time will tell on that one, but if I had to bet on it I suspect Brexit will end up costing a lot more than it'll save through membership fees (I actually think we'll end up buying into parts of the EU structure anyway, so we'll still be paying some form of access fee).

The other part is about geography, as you say. And the nature of those projects the money has been spent on. I don't have much confidence that we will see a replacement for all EU funds in Wales. I suspect something will be sorted out for the farmers, but as for funds supporting jobs, growth, creativity, the arts, young people initiatives, infrastructure & other capital build projects, research, environmental protection.... Some of those things aren't exactly priorities for Westminster.

Is the Council going to get additional funds to help redevelop the City centre, for example, when we can't even get an electrified rail link?

You can see where that money goes locally on this map - https://www.myeu.uk/ (and this excludes some funding that comes from other EU pots)

As for effectiveness of funds, there is an argument that because we rely on these funds it shows that they are not working (they are supposed to help lift us out of poverty). Andrew RT Davies in the past has criticised our reliance on them as a way at getting a dig in at the Assembly: “Whilst this funding will be welcomed, we must not forget that it has only been granted due to the failure of successive Welsh Labour Governments to improve Wales’ economic performance in previous tranches." But then you have to ask where the Assembly gets its money from....suddenly the Tories don't look too good either, do they Mr Andrew RT Davies?!

Politics aside, the fact that we continue to qualify for EU structural funding is a damning indictment on both Westminster and the Assembly: the two organisations that people are expecting to help once we leave the EU. Does anyone really think they'll suddenly start getting things right in Wales?

Great points thanks for replying.

I agree with you that through no fault of the Welsh people (apart from voting for the dross who have failed so badly) large parts of the country and it's industries are effectively living off EU smack.

That sticking plaster is likely to be torn off in the not too distant future and I expect the effects to be detrimental certainly in the short-term if growth is hamstrung from the initial shock of a No-Deal exit.
The Countdown begins. on 12:19 - Jan 25 with 2453 viewsmonmouth

The Countdown begins. on 11:13 - Jan 25 by Legend83

Great points thanks for replying.

I agree with you that through no fault of the Welsh people (apart from voting for the dross who have failed so badly) large parts of the country and it's industries are effectively living off EU smack.

That sticking plaster is likely to be torn off in the not too distant future and I expect the effects to be detrimental certainly in the short-term if growth is hamstrung from the initial shock of a No-Deal exit.

You mean that Westminster won't make up the shortfall and much of Wales will degenerate into even more abject poverty? And even more tents on Queen Street.

Unbelievable Jeff. Who on earth could have predicted that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024