Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301744 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Countdown begins on 15:31 - Mar 20 with 1707 viewsLohengrin

The Countdown begins on 15:02 - Mar 20 by Ace_Jack

If you believe Brexit will make this country wealthier, you are a half wit. Change my mind.

I don’t, nor have I posted anything up on here that would lead anybody to suppose I do. Pro-Leave globalists or Pro-Remain globalists, stabbed in the back or stabbed out in the open, it makes no real difference the result is the same.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Countdown begins on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 1699 viewsLuther27

The Countdown begins on 11:50 - Mar 20 by Batterseajack

Question to our resitent Brexit cheerleaders...Do you think the country is ready to leave on a no deal in 8 days time? If yes, but with a little bit of disruption, where do you think the disruption might take place, in what form and for how long?

I'm trying to remember how things went when we joined the Common Market. Anyone remember as I can't.
The Countdown begins on 15:39 - Mar 20 with 1698 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins on 15:02 - Mar 20 by Ace_Jack

If you believe Brexit will make this country wealthier, you are a half wit. Change my mind.

Define a timeframe for that.
The Countdown begins on 15:39 - Mar 20 with 1698 viewsLeonWasGod

The Countdown begins on 14:59 - Mar 20 by Highjack

Has there been a political party in history who openly sneers down their collective noses at their target audience as openly as the modern Labour Party?

Never mind history, just the present will do - the Tories. A total and utter disregard for pretty much anyone who isn't bankrolling them.
The Countdown begins on 15:44 - Mar 20 with 1696 viewsLohengrin

The Countdown begins on 15:38 - Mar 20 by Luther27

I'm trying to remember how things went when we joined the Common Market. Anyone remember as I can't.

The bottom dog was left out in the cold and sneered at in much the same way that has become The Guardian’s stock-in-trade now.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

The Countdown begins on 15:48 - Mar 20 with 1679 viewsAce_Jack

The Countdown begins on 15:31 - Mar 20 by Lohengrin

I don’t, nor have I posted anything up on here that would lead anybody to suppose I do. Pro-Leave globalists or Pro-Remain globalists, stabbed in the back or stabbed out in the open, it makes no real difference the result is the same.

sorry, I wasn't asserting that you did, just supposing the question.
The Countdown begins on 15:59 - Mar 20 with 1656 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins on 15:38 - Mar 20 by Luther27

Even we were just find back then, the landscape now is completely difference. We have 40 years in political and economic integration with Europe. There a whole ecology of industries that depend on access to the single market and customs union and it will be a huge change in our country's economic structure if this were to change. Is there a detailed plan that identifies which of these industries will be affected? Any plan set in place for mitigating the damage that this could cause? A plan that identifies where we might maximize the gains from Brexit?

There seems to be a complete denial of reality on the side that supports Brexit that it seems to think we'll end up just fine, but without giving up any detail as to how. What makes people think that this isn't just another oversight like the whole Irish Border issue which has halted the whole process so far?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2019 16:52]
The Countdown begins on 16:11 - Mar 20 with 1630 viewsbluey_the_blue

Damn that Brexit, causing job losses in the car industry... in Germany...
Login to get fewer ads

The Countdown begins on 16:30 - Mar 20 with 1610 viewsJango

The Countdown begins on 16:11 - Mar 20 by bluey_the_blue

Damn that Brexit, causing job losses in the car industry... in Germany...

Toyota announcing a new car to be built in the UK today as well. Obviously if 5000 jobs were to go here and Toyota announce they were pulling g another car the usuals would be up in arms on here.
The Countdown begins on 16:32 - Mar 20 with 1603 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins on 16:30 - Mar 20 by Jango

Toyota announcing a new car to be built in the UK today as well. Obviously if 5000 jobs were to go here and Toyota announce they were pulling g another car the usuals would be up in arms on here.

Yeah, I read about Toyota. Seem they are bucking the trend.
The Countdown begins on 16:38 - Mar 20 with 1596 viewslondonlisa2001

The Countdown begins on 16:30 - Mar 20 by Jango

It’s good news that Toyota are building a new Suzuki model at Burnaston.

Not sure why the mention of 5000 jobs - they’ve said it won’t create any new jobs.

This from the head of Toyota a week or so ago:

“ A negative outcome could put future investment at its UK factory near Derby at risk.
Mr van Zyl said it was vital that there was frictionless trade with the European Union.
Speaking at the Geneva Motor Show, he said: "We want a regulatory framework between the UK and EU which is the same. We hope still that that can be the outcome."
But he admitted that, with just over three weeks before the UK is due to leave the EU, "we thought that by now we would have had a decision already about what is going to happen".
He said Toyota would overcome any short-term problems at its Burnaston car plant near Derby, such as logistics, caused by leaving without a deal. But preparation for no-deal has been costly, he said, and in the long term things could be "very difficult".
Could work at Burnaston dry up after the current production cycle comes to an end? "The long term effect could be that if it [Brexit] is very negative, that outcome is possible."
Constantly improving competitiveness is vital, he said, adding: "But if the hurdles are becoming so high that you cannot achieve it then of course you can't avoid it [hitting investment]."
The Brexit uncertainty comes after a £240m investment in a new Corolla and the ramping up of production at Burnaston.
"It's critical that we don't have any disruptions in the production process," Mr van Zyl said. "So the next week or two is going to be critical."
The Countdown begins on 16:43 - Mar 20 with 1585 viewslondonlisa2001

The Countdown begins on 15:39 - Mar 20 by bluey_the_blue

Define a timeframe for that.

If a timeframe for economic improvement follows a period of hardship that is long enough to destroy the average person financially it’s irrelevant. All very well for JRM to say it’ll be better in 50 years time isn’t it.

Unless you’re suggesting that somehow money is found for that intervening period, presumably from someone that’s not you.
The Countdown begins on 16:45 - Mar 20 with 1582 viewsbluey_the_blue

Think when Jango referred to jobs "going here" it was in the context of losing jobs, not gaining jobs.

We've heard endlessly car manufacturing jobs are leaving Britain due to Brexit, other European nations not affected thus it has to be Brexit. Well, not 5000 jobs in Germany are going and Brexit cannot be blamed for that - so the point for me is that global changes in car manufacturing have been more important in the decisions than Brexit.

As I said earlier, Toyota do seem to be bucking the trend.
The Countdown begins on 16:48 - Mar 20 with 1579 viewsAce_Jack

The Countdown begins on 16:32 - Mar 20 by bluey_the_blue

Yeah, I read about Toyota. Seem they are bucking the trend.

God you're a pathetic, spineless poster these days.
The Countdown begins on 16:52 - Mar 20 with 1574 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins on 16:43 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

If a timeframe for economic improvement follows a period of hardship that is long enough to destroy the average person financially it’s irrelevant. All very well for JRM to say it’ll be better in 50 years time isn’t it.

Unless you’re suggesting that somehow money is found for that intervening period, presumably from someone that’s not you.

I pay enough as it is, Lisa as no doubt do you.

Will the average person financially be destroyed - simple point is who knows? I'd expect short term disruption to the economy but potential improvements medium and long term.

The question then is what do you focus on - short term continuance or long term gain?
The Countdown begins on 16:53 - Mar 20 with 1571 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins on 16:48 - Mar 20 by Ace_Jack

God you're a pathetic, spineless poster these days.

Why? Because I recognise that there are more factors in job creation / losses than Brexit?
The Countdown begins on 16:54 - Mar 20 with 1567 viewsjohnlangy

The Countdown begins on 12:30 - Mar 20 by Lohengrin

You want a true indicator of where we are, what the real state of play is? Where I work has recently received in excess of 2800 applications for fifteen vacancies.

That’s predicament and driver in microcosm.

Surely not. They're all working aren't they.

Or perhaps they're the people 'working' on zero hour contracts who are only guaranteed one hour work a week. Perhaps hoping for a bit of stability in their lives.

But, according to this government they are counted as working.
The Countdown begins on 16:55 - Mar 20 with 1565 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins on 16:52 - Mar 20 by bluey_the_blue

Will the average person financially be destroyed - simple point is who knows? I'd expect short term disruption to the economy but potential improvements medium and long term.

The question then is what do you focus on - short term continuance or long term gain?

Your very blase about the short term disruption. What industries will be affected by this short term disruption, and how do you know it will be limited to just the short term?
The Countdown begins on 16:59 - Mar 20 with 1557 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins on 16:55 - Mar 20 by Batterseajack

Your very blase about the short term disruption. What industries will be affected by this short term disruption, and how do you know it will be limited to just the short term?

Does anybody?

We've heard the car manufacturing industry will be devastated. We've heard that's due to Brexit. Ford axing 5000 jobs in Germany shows that Brexit has nothing to do with it - changes on global car manufacturing will happen Brexit or not.

We've heard every job created is despite Brexit, every job lost is because of Brexit.

Industry within Britain and indeed the world has always changed otherwise we'd be still all working the fields. Evolution and adaption.
The Countdown begins on 17:00 - Mar 20 with 1554 viewsAce_Jack

The Countdown begins on 16:53 - Mar 20 by bluey_the_blue

Why? Because I recognise that there are more factors in job creation / losses than Brexit?

No because you've developed a penchant for tacitly agreeing with every pro brexit post, regardless of its credibility. Embarrassing to see such sniveling behavior from you.
The Countdown begins on 17:05 - Mar 20 with 1541 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins on 17:00 - Mar 20 by Ace_Jack

No because you've developed a penchant for tacitly agreeing with every pro brexit post, regardless of its credibility. Embarrassing to see such sniveling behavior from you.

Well, I am pro-Brexit.

So I agree with every post? No or I'd be errmm agreeng with every post. I agree with those I agree with, don't agree / don't comment on those I don't.
The Countdown begins on 17:07 - Mar 20 with 1539 viewsLohengrin

The Countdown begins on 16:54 - Mar 20 by johnlangy

Surely not. They're all working aren't they.

Or perhaps they're the people 'working' on zero hour contracts who are only guaranteed one hour work a week. Perhaps hoping for a bit of stability in their lives.

But, according to this government they are counted as working.

We’re all in it together, John, don’t you know?

The Countdown begins on 17:09 - Mar 20 with 1537 viewslondonlisa2001

The Countdown begins on 16:52 - Mar 20 by bluey_the_blue

Every economist, including that pro Brexit economist they wheel out every so often, states that the car industry will be devastated and that we will potentially lose most of our manufacturing across a wide range of sectors. He wants that - he wants a service economy.

People will lose jobs as a result. If they do, someone needs to pay for them and for lost taxes otherwise public services will be cut even further. If you’re not prepared to do so, you shouldn’t be so willing to sacrifice their short term prosperity.

What if it’s your short term prosperity that’s going to be sacrificed for long term gain? Is that fine?

Plus absolutely no one knows whether there will be a long term gain anyway. I realise we’ve signed trade agreements with Papua New Guinea and Liechtenstein ...
The Countdown begins on 17:10 - Mar 20 with 1533 viewslondonlisa2001

The Countdown begins on 17:07 - Mar 20 by Lohengrin

We’re all in it together, John, don’t you know?

It’s shocking that they can trot out ‘record employment’ figures that are so profoundly meaningless and have people saying how great it is. Shocking.
The Countdown begins on 17:22 - Mar 20 with 1517 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Countdown begins on 17:09 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

Every economist, including that pro Brexit economist they wheel out every so often, states that the car industry will be devastated and that we will potentially lose most of our manufacturing across a wide range of sectors. He wants that - he wants a service economy.

People will lose jobs as a result. If they do, someone needs to pay for them and for lost taxes otherwise public services will be cut even further. If you’re not prepared to do so, you shouldn’t be so willing to sacrifice their short term prosperity.

What if it’s your short term prosperity that’s going to be sacrificed for long term gain? Is that fine?

Plus absolutely no one knows whether there will be a long term gain anyway. I realise we’ve signed trade agreements with Papua New Guinea and Liechtenstein ...

Germany have just lost 5000 car manufacturing jobs. Have the economists found a way of blaming that on Brexit? Have they factored in EU/Japan FTA removing tariffs on imports?

With regards to second paragraph, what's the alternative then? Never leave as short termism is all that matters? If my short term prosperity was affected, I'd adapt and react to the circumstances.

My dad used to work at the Hoover factory in the sixties. Shop steward, physically attacked by union members and hounded to quit because he refused to back strike action. The reason for union wanting a strike? Each baseplate of a cleaner had four screws. Union wanted one person employed per screw!

So dad simply quit, set up his own business. He adapted, he reacted and one of those who assaulted him later came begging for a job - as dad was out on a call that day, I dealt with the guy in an appropriate manner.

Manufacturing has declined because the need for workers has reduced with automation. Tech sector however has boomed. It's about changing with the times

Deals we've agreed so far, emphasis on so far are the start. The Israel one is particularly interesting as a Remain group document identified Israel as one nation ( along with others like Brazil ) that could yield far better gains outside EU than within. Medical, tech sectors are definitely key areas that Israel can provide.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024