Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301510 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:33 - May 29 with 2005 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:28 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

The ruling would not have been made if it was deemed frivolous at best.

Not convinced by that, but...

Remind me what the rebate figure was, can't remember - around 50-100m? Say 100m then. The case then revolves around "oh, people voted leave because they objected to 350m going to EU but would've been happy with 250m going there and would have voted Remain probably".

I'd suggest there were far bigger lies, for example Osborne's gloomy predictions would spook the markets, affecting the economy etc. I'd say that was more serious imo.

Regardless, can't see anything of note happening other than it being manna from heaven for BoJo; it'll be spun into "Remoaners trying dirty tricks to prevent Leave" bolstering his support.

Still leaning towards Mordaunt.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:34 - May 29 with 2004 viewsladyjack

It will be interesting to see how Mr Johnsons case plays out, the authorities seem to allow a lot to go against the yes campaign in Scotland and as a consequence seemed to do nothing against the leave campaign perhaps fearing the Scots might accuse the authorities and state of double standards, but now a private individual has taken on Mr Johnson, is he guilty as charged ?, will some kind of technicality come into play ?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:38 - May 29 with 2003 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:34 - May 29 by ladyjack

It will be interesting to see how Mr Johnsons case plays out, the authorities seem to allow a lot to go against the yes campaign in Scotland and as a consequence seemed to do nothing against the leave campaign perhaps fearing the Scots might accuse the authorities and state of double standards, but now a private individual has taken on Mr Johnson, is he guilty as charged ?, will some kind of technicality come into play ?

Be prepared for stacks of legal arguments, personally much as I don't like Johnson mixing the legal and political does not seem a great way forward..

On the otherhand Nick Clegg might get a big bill for breaking his student loan promise!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:42 - May 29 with 1993 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:38 - May 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

Be prepared for stacks of legal arguments, personally much as I don't like Johnson mixing the legal and political does not seem a great way forward..

On the otherhand Nick Clegg might get a big bill for breaking his student loan promise!

Making a manifesto pledge and breaking it is not quite the same as lying about an existing state of affairs.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:45 - May 29 with 1981 viewsmajorraglan

Personally, I think politicians and others in public office are accountable and when they transgress they should be held to account. I haven’t followed this particular story very closely, but if he’s been warned by the ONS and continued regardless then he’s only got himself to blame.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:49 - May 29 with 1970 viewsLuther27

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:42 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

Making a manifesto pledge and breaking it is not quite the same as lying about an existing state of affairs.

Bollcks. A lot of people vote for a party trusting its manifesto. You'd think though that Nick Clegg broke that ideal as one poster has already mentioned.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:40 - May 29 with 1939 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:49 - May 29 by Luther27

Bollcks. A lot of people vote for a party trusting its manifesto. You'd think though that Nick Clegg broke that ideal as one poster has already mentioned.

Nick Clegg never formed a government to implement it.

Don’t get me wrong - no time for him whatsoever.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:59 - May 29 with 1923 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:42 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

No keeping your word is clear cut, getting the numbers wrong could be an error although not in this case.

Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:00 - May 29 with 1922 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:40 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

Nick Clegg never formed a government to implement it.

Don’t get me wrong - no time for him whatsoever.

Yes he did, he opted to go into coalition with the Tories, he could have turned them down because he did not want to break a promise.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:15 - May 29 with 1903 viewsKilkennyjack

The allegation is that Johnson knowingly lied.
As Alan Sugar has said, if you do this as a businessman you can go to jail.

Thats clearly different for making a manifesto commitment and then failing to honour it.
I suppose .... unless you knowingly make a commitment that you already know cannot be delivered.

Beware of the Risen People

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:22 - May 29 with 1893 viewsLuther27

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:15 - May 29 by Kilkennyjack

The allegation is that Johnson knowingly lied.
As Alan Sugar has said, if you do this as a businessman you can go to jail.

Thats clearly different for making a manifesto commitment and then failing to honour it.
I suppose .... unless you knowingly make a commitment that you already know cannot be delivered.

Nick Clegg...yet again as evidence. How about the current Governor of BoE with his doom and gloom predictions. The list is endless as to who should appear in court for peddling lies. I can't stand BJ...but I can see this turning into a right sht fest now the courts are involved in Politics and the truth.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:41 - May 29 with 1882 viewsKilkennyjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:22 - May 29 by Luther27

Nick Clegg...yet again as evidence. How about the current Governor of BoE with his doom and gloom predictions. The list is endless as to who should appear in court for peddling lies. I can't stand BJ...but I can see this turning into a right sht fest now the courts are involved in Politics and the truth.

Sorry - are you suggesting that the gov of the B of E made predictions that he already knew to be incorrect ? Shirley not ?

He just got his prediction wrong (maybe?).

Beware of the Risen People

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:13 - May 29 with 1848 viewsLuther27

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:41 - May 29 by Kilkennyjack

Sorry - are you suggesting that the gov of the B of E made predictions that he already knew to be incorrect ? Shirley not ?

He just got his prediction wrong (maybe?).

He along with the Chancellor of the day painted a picture of the sky falling in if the UK voted to leave. That hit the markets a damn site more than anything the buffoon Johnston said.
And there's no need to be sorry....
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:00 - May 29 with 1816 viewssherpajacob

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:10 - May 29 by bluey_the_blue

Again, the gross amount was £361m. Net after rebate was lower. It's sophistry - if BoJo was convicted then based upon that, there would be 2 MPs left.

Now, explain to me why BoJo is the sole person being persued in this case and not members of Vote Leave who came up with the bus message, who agreed with the bus message and repeated the bus message?

"Your honour, the defendant clearly kicked the victim. Yes, others also gave the victim a kicking and we have plenty of evidence of them doing so but we're not interested in prosecuting them because we like them more than the defendant".

The case is legally and morally bankrupt due to the complainant / prosecutor having a clear biased agenda.

And no, I'm not a fan of BoJo. Think he'd be a crap PM.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 19:12]

"Your honour, the defendant clearly kicked the victim. Yes, others also gave the victim a kicking and we have plenty of evidence of them doing so but we're not interested in prosecuting them because we like them more than the defendant".

That basically is an admission of guilt and would result in conviction 100% of times.
The court is concerned with the guilt or innocence of the defendant in front of it. And not with the actions of others who are not on trial. That is,exactly as it should be, otherwise the rule of law breaks down.

If you do not understand why your argument is legally and morally bankrupt , you are a contributor to the problems afflicting the UK.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:07 - May 29 with 1809 viewsLuther27

One thought. I can't remember a figure any side could agree on as to how much EU membership actually costs. So if The Buffoon actually goes to trial am I right in thinking that the true figure will have to be presented before the court?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:56 - May 29 with 1782 viewsLeonWasGod

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:07 - May 29 by Luther27

One thought. I can't remember a figure any side could agree on as to how much EU membership actually costs. So if The Buffoon actually goes to trial am I right in thinking that the true figure will have to be presented before the court?

There's no reason why there would have been a disagreement on the amount as it's all published, e.g.
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/external/html/budgetataglance/default_en.html#unit
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 03:01 - May 30 with 1753 viewswobbly

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:56 - May 29 by LeonWasGod

There's no reason why there would have been a disagreement on the amount as it's all published, e.g.
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/external/html/budgetataglance/default_en.html#unit

Interesting stuff in there.

One thing that jumps out is that the regional, structural payments made by the EU back to the UK are a tiny fraction of our gross and net contributions to the EU, at just E650m a year.

So, the arguments about Wales self-harming by voting for Brexit and missing out on all this EU funding is not as bad as it seems. It works out at about 3 weeks of our EU contributions (even at the lower EUR200m a week, rather than GBP350m a week), and remember that total regional spend is shared with the whole of the UK.

I thought it would have been much higher than that for the level of angst we hear, so thanks for sharing.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 07:16 - May 30 with 1718 viewswaynekerr55

Annunziata Rees Mogg on LBC "I'm campaigning for our country and to respect democracy"

Nothing to do with tax dodging or disaster capitalism

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 07:57 - May 30 with 1706 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:00 - May 29 by sherpajacob

That basically is an admission of guilt and would result in conviction 100% of times.
The court is concerned with the guilt or innocence of the defendant in front of it. And not with the actions of others who are not on trial. That is,exactly as it should be, otherwise the rule of law breaks down.

If you do not understand why your argument is legally and morally bankrupt , you are a contributor to the problems afflicting the UK.

Duh, of course it does.

It also, since you missed the point, rightly brings into question the conduct and motivation of the prosecutor, does it not?

You know full well this is nothing more than a politically motivated "Stop Boris" case and should be viewed in that manner. Gove and Stuart were both chair of the Vote Leave campaign. Only an idiot would believe the whole figure / bus issue was solely down to Boris.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 08:58 - May 30 with 1672 viewsLuther27

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:56 - May 29 by LeonWasGod

Thanks for that. As Wobbly said it's a very very interesting read.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 09:10 - May 30 with 1657 viewssherpajacob

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 07:57 - May 30 by bluey_the_blue

Duh, of course it does.

It also, since you missed the point, rightly brings into question the conduct and motivation of the prosecutor, does it not?

You know full well this is nothing more than a politically motivated "Stop Boris" case and should be viewed in that manner. Gove and Stuart were both chair of the Vote Leave campaign. Only an idiot would believe the whole figure / bus issue was solely down to Boris.

The conduct of the prosecutor is irrelevant to the guilt or innocence of the defendant

The motivation of the prosecutor is to hold to account those in public office who wilfully make false statements for political gain.

If that makes it politically motivated, so be it.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 09:12 - May 30 with 1654 viewsLeonWasGod

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 03:01 - May 30 by wobbly

Interesting stuff in there.

One thing that jumps out is that the regional, structural payments made by the EU back to the UK are a tiny fraction of our gross and net contributions to the EU, at just E650m a year.

So, the arguments about Wales self-harming by voting for Brexit and missing out on all this EU funding is not as bad as it seems. It works out at about 3 weeks of our EU contributions (even at the lower EUR200m a week, rather than GBP350m a week), and remember that total regional spend is shared with the whole of the UK.

I thought it would have been much higher than that for the level of angst we hear, so thanks for sharing.

Yeah, it's not massive in the grand scheme of things (neither is the UK's contribution). Wales gets about half of that, which has been about £2b over the current 6-year funding cycle.

I think the thing people worry about is whether that's going to replaced by an extra £330m a year from Westminster to be spent on social, infrastructure & competitiveness programmes in West Wales and the Valleys. Also, the value to us is worth more than simply the cost at the end of the day, as much of the spend generates additional investment and/or has a legacy.
[Post edited 30 May 2019 9:12]
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 09:22 - May 30 with 1643 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 09:10 - May 30 by sherpajacob

The conduct of the prosecutor is irrelevant to the guilt or innocence of the defendant

The motivation of the prosecutor is to hold to account those in public office who wilfully make false statements for political gain.

If that makes it politically motivated, so be it.

* Bangs head *

The motivation of the prosecutor in this instance is to SELECTIVELY hold to account yadda yadda.

Gove made same comment, Stuart made same comment. Vote Leave as an organisation came out with the figure - board and committee determining strategy both feature many MP.

If you want to hold those in public office to account, then you lack any semblance of moral high ground if you deliberately ignore others.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 09:31 - May 30 with 1633 viewsBatterseajack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 07:16 - May 30 by waynekerr55

Annunziata Rees Mogg on LBC "I'm campaigning for our country and to respect democracy"

Nothing to do with tax dodging or disaster capitalism

She's got form in spotting money making opportunities during humanitarian crises.

https://moneyweek.com/757/how-to-profit-from-the-worlds-water-crisis/
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 09:44 - May 30 with 1620 viewssherpajacob

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 09:22 - May 30 by bluey_the_blue

* Bangs head *

The motivation of the prosecutor in this instance is to SELECTIVELY hold to account yadda yadda.

Gove made same comment, Stuart made same comment. Vote Leave as an organisation came out with the figure - board and committee determining strategy both feature many MP.

If you want to hold those in public office to account, then you lack any semblance of moral high ground if you deliberately ignore others.

Your argument is again morally and legally bankrupt and is an admission Johnson is guilty. If Johnson wants to implicate others to mitigate his guilt, let him do so. Wouldn't that be interesting.

The prosecutor has made a decision to go after Johnson first, because they believe they have the evidence required, particularly in relation to him continuing to use the figure after being told not to.

Who is to say prosecutions against others won't follow. Where will it end?

Hopefully, with honest politicians.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024