Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2327919 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:46 - Jul 2 with 1933 viewsLohengrin

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:32 - Jul 2 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, I know what it means!

I’m just unsure that pro European and pro EU are discrete. One is rather a subset of the other, in that I can’t see how a person could be pro EU without being pro European (the reverse is not true).

Anyway - all rather besides the point.

I can, quite easily. I’ve noticed no discernible shortage of materialists of both the Left and Right who view the EU as an ideal vehicle to advance their ideas. They couldn’t care less about the distinctive traditions that make Europe ‘European’ at all.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:13 - Jul 2 with 1894 viewshowenjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:29 - Jul 2 by londonlisa2001

There are still many in South Wales, particularly Swansea, who can all too vividly remember the nights of the sirens sounding and the devastation that followed and will doubtless be delighted that the Brexit party (the word party used in the loosest possible sense as they’re not) think it’s fantastic to use those sirens at a rally to bring back all those ‘wonderful memories’ of the war.

Are you sure it wasn't the "all clear " they were sounding , As in clear out the old , in with the new ?
Did you know 383000 people have left London so far this year to live elsewhere .You must be having a wonderful affect on the locals 😉
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:41 - Jul 2 with 1877 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:13 - Jul 2 by howenjack

Are you sure it wasn't the "all clear " they were sounding , As in clear out the old , in with the new ?
Did you know 383000 people have left London so far this year to live elsewhere .You must be having a wonderful affect on the locals 😉

The all clear is different so yes, I am sure.

They were playing the Gents Carter air raid siren.

Because they are trying to invoke a feeling of being at war with the EU. As it’s the sort of nonsense that tends to appeal to their supporters.

As for the rest. I’m sorry, I have no idea who you are, so i’ll assume you are being ‘funny’ rather than rude to someone you don’t know. It’s ‘effect’ by the way.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:48 - Jul 2 with 1869 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:56 - Jul 2 by londonlisa2001

They did a survey recently. The generation that actually fought (the 90 year old plus generation now I guess) were far more pro EU than their children’s generation (65 year olds).

There’s some analysis of that here:

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2019/04/05/britains-wartime-generation-are-almost

Largely because the generation that actually lived through the war don’t tend to regard it as a terrific time.

All the nonagenarians up my grans care home are always rabbiting on about the EU, they can’t get enough of it. One of them got so excited at the prospect of a European army her teeth fell out into her porridge.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:55 - Jul 2 with 1858 viewsBytholWyn

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:56 - Jul 2 by londonlisa2001

They did a survey recently. The generation that actually fought (the 90 year old plus generation now I guess) were far more pro EU than their children’s generation (65 year olds).

There’s some analysis of that here:

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2019/04/05/britains-wartime-generation-are-almost

Largely because the generation that actually lived through the war don’t tend to regard it as a terrific time.

Interesting and thought-provoking analysis. The bit that caught my eye the most though was this (unsurprising but significant nevertheless):

"In fact, the size of this generational effect between the war and post-war generations is approximately equivalent to the same change in attitude that would be expected from a two-year reduction in education levels, a factor well known to increase Euroscepticism."
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:12 - Jul 2 with 1843 viewsLohengrin

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:55 - Jul 2 by BytholWyn

Interesting and thought-provoking analysis. The bit that caught my eye the most though was this (unsurprising but significant nevertheless):

"In fact, the size of this generational effect between the war and post-war generations is approximately equivalent to the same change in attitude that would be expected from a two-year reduction in education levels, a factor well known to increase Euroscepticism."

Except that most of the war generation would have left school at fourteen.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:17 - Jul 2 with 1828 viewsBytholWyn

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:12 - Jul 2 by Lohengrin

The "two-year reduction in education levels" bit refers to the the population as a whole, not just the war generation, so I'm not sure what your point is.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:18 - Jul 2 with 1825 viewsGowerjack

So your Brexiteer has the educational attainment of a 12 year old...

Seems about right😂

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:25 - Jul 2 with 1812 viewslondonlisa2001

It was a description of the scale of attitudinal shift not an attempt to link it in any way?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:33 - Jul 2 with 1801 viewshowenjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:41 - Jul 2 by londonlisa2001

The all clear is different so yes, I am sure.

They were playing the Gents Carter air raid siren.

Because they are trying to invoke a feeling of being at war with the EU. As it’s the sort of nonsense that tends to appeal to their supporters.

As for the rest. I’m sorry, I have no idea who you are, so i’ll assume you are being ‘funny’ rather than rude to someone you don’t know. It’s ‘effect’ by the way.

It isn' t effect by the way , It's affect as in you're affecting (verb) the population and producing an effect (noun).
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:40 - Jul 2 with 1789 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:33 - Jul 2 by howenjack

It isn' t effect by the way , It's affect as in you're affecting (verb) the population and producing an effect (noun).

You said :

“You must be having a wonderful affect on the locals”

For the reasons you’ve just stated, it’s ‘effect’.

I’m not in the habit of correcting language by the way (I leave that to my friend Warwick), but given you were being gratuitously rude, I thought I would.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:48 - Jul 2 with 1782 viewssherpajacob

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:18 - Jul 2 by Gowerjack

So your Brexiteer has the educational attainment of a 12 year old...

Seems about right😂

Generous

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:49 - Jul 2 with 1777 viewsLohengrin

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:25 - Jul 2 by londonlisa2001

It was a description of the scale of attitudinal shift not an attempt to link it in any way?

”Specifically, when defining a ‘war generation’ that experienced the majority of their formative period during the Second World War, as well as a number of other more recent generations, this war generation is revealed as displaying significantly more positive views towards European integration than the immediate post-war generations. In fact, the size of this generational effect between the war and post-war generations is approximately equivalent to the same change in attitude that would be expected from a two-year reduction in education levels, a factor well known to increase Euroscepticism.”

It makes little sense to me, Lis.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:52 - Jul 2 with 1772 viewsLohengrin

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:17 - Jul 2 by BytholWyn

The "two-year reduction in education levels" bit refers to the the population as a whole, not just the war generation, so I'm not sure what your point is.

I’m not sure what the point is? On the one hand he seems to be saying that an extended education lends itself to a pro-European position while on the other he appears to say that those most in favour of European integration are those who left school earlier?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 16:12 - Jul 2 with 1747 viewshowenjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:40 - Jul 2 by londonlisa2001

You said :

“You must be having a wonderful affect on the locals”

For the reasons you’ve just stated, it’s ‘effect’.

I’m not in the habit of correcting language by the way (I leave that to my friend Warwick), but given you were being gratuitously rude, I thought I would.

Sorry you're wrong, look it up if you don't believe me. You must be having a wonderful affect means actions (verb ) your actions produce the effect (noun).
There was no intent to cause offence that's why I put the emoji in.It was meant as a joke.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 16:22 - Jul 2 with 1733 viewslonglostjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 16:12 - Jul 2 by howenjack

Sorry you're wrong, look it up if you don't believe me. You must be having a wonderful affect means actions (verb ) your actions produce the effect (noun).
There was no intent to cause offence that's why I put the emoji in.It was meant as a joke.

A wonderful effect
It was badly affected
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 16:24]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 16:23 - Jul 2 with 1732 viewslondonlisa2001

Leaving the grammar aside, I can’t see any emoji as I’m on the phone and it’s too old to show them (I really must upgrade - I just can’t face an afternoon in carphone warehouse).

If it was a joke, that’s fine. No problems.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 16:38 - Jul 2 with 1708 viewshowenjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 16:22 - Jul 2 by longlostjack

A wonderful effect
It was badly affected

Taken out of context though . You can change the meaning of anything doing that.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 16:57 - Jul 2 with 1687 viewsWarwickHunt

Stop digging, dullard.

Lisa was right.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 17:35 - Jul 2 with 1654 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 15:52 - Jul 2 by Lohengrin

I’m not sure what the point is? On the one hand he seems to be saying that an extended education lends itself to a pro-European position while on the other he appears to say that those most in favour of European integration are those who left school earlier?

Pseudo science to say those who voted Leave are thick...
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 17:55 - Jul 2 with 1636 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 16:22 - Jul 2 by longlostjack

A wonderful effect
It was badly affected

David Cameron lost the referendum and then effect off.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 17:58 - Jul 2 with 1635 viewsBytholWyn

Is it really that hard to understand? Basically there are a multiplicity of explanatory factors that explain the Brexit vote, one of which is the educational attainment thing and another is the generational thing, working independently of each other.

Not pseudo-science, rather a lack of understanding on the part of some, it appears, of the way statistical analysis works.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 17:59 - Jul 2 with 1632 viewsbluey_the_blue

There are lies, damned lies and statistics...
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:26 - Jul 2 with 1605 viewssherpajacob

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 16:57 - Jul 2 by WarwickHunt

Stop digging, dullard.

Lisa was right.

Planet Swans summed up very nicely.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:28 - Jul 2 with 1597 viewssherpajacob

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 17:59 - Jul 2 by bluey_the_blue

There are lies, damned lies and statistics...

The Johnson manifesto summed up very nicely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024