Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301708 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:20 - Aug 2 with 1693 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 17:43 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

In case you'd not notice, Corbyn hasn't 100% backed any fvcking thing other than maybe he might do something if there's an eclipse.

You've Thornberry stating what he should do which got her bumped from filling in for him at PMQs, no doubt sent to a reducation camp.

Those Labour voters wanting Remain voted Lib Dems. Those wanting Leave voted Tory / Brexit party. Brexit transcends traditional political party boundaries.

Anyone with a determined view on either Remain or Leave is hardly going to vote for a party where the leader can't make up his fvcking mind because he's trying to appease all sides.

Labour won a by election a few weeks ago...
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:28 - Aug 2 with 1685 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:20 - Aug 2 by londonlisa2001

Labour won a by election a few weeks ago...

... with reduced vote, before BoJo became PM.

The debate is now solely about Brexit, no ifs, no buts, no maybes.

Labour will only win a GE if they get rid of Corbyn and even then that may not be enough. Decide to go Remain? Lib Dems already ahead of them on that score.

Of course diehards will vote Labour, the kind that would vote for Pol Pot if he had a Labour rosette... the reality is, mid term against an unpopular government, opposition should be well ahead.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:59 - Aug 2 with 1673 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:28 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

... with reduced vote, before BoJo became PM.

The debate is now solely about Brexit, no ifs, no buts, no maybes.

Labour will only win a GE if they get rid of Corbyn and even then that may not be enough. Decide to go Remain? Lib Dems already ahead of them on that score.

Of course diehards will vote Labour, the kind that would vote for Pol Pot if he had a Labour rosette... the reality is, mid term against an unpopular government, opposition should be well ahead.

The Johnson impact seen a shift between Tories and Brexit party. Hasn’t made the argument different.

You’ll have a different excuse every day Bluey.

And I can’t stand Corbyn, so quite why you’re telling me he’s bad is beyond me.

Anyway - apparently as many as 5 Tories could be about to switch to the LibDems so let’s see...
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:13 - Aug 2 with 1661 viewsexiledclaseboy

The LibDems would have won that seat last night whether Plaid and the Greens stood or not. The only notable shift was back to the Johnson tories from those who would have voted for Farage a month ago.

Poll: Tory leader

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:24 - Aug 2 with 1648 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:59 - Aug 2 by londonlisa2001

The Johnson impact seen a shift between Tories and Brexit party. Hasn’t made the argument different.

You’ll have a different excuse every day Bluey.

And I can’t stand Corbyn, so quite why you’re telling me he’s bad is beyond me.

Anyway - apparently as many as 5 Tories could be about to switch to the LibDems so let’s see...

No, the argument now is a binary Leave or Remain.

No excuses, what I've said are the facts.

If they switch to Lib Dems, then so be it. Interesting times and all that.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:36 - Aug 2 with 1643 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:13 - Aug 2 by exiledclaseboy

The LibDems would have won that seat last night whether Plaid and the Greens stood or not. The only notable shift was back to the Johnson tories from those who would have voted for Farage a month ago.

Not necessarily true if Plaid had stood.
2017, Plaid got 1,299. 2019, Lib Dems won by 1,425.
If Plaid had stood, sure, there would still be a shortfall for Tories of 126 if the votes had gone from Lib Dems to Plaid.

That's still a very basic analysis, though, 126 is a small figure and if Plaid, Greens had run there's no guarantee of the figures that would have gone to either party. Equally, very different campaigns would have been run.

I'm inclined to agree with you the Lib Dems would still have won it, but the margin would have been very tight, especially with a lower turnout this time round.

Agree about the shift to the Tories. I think it's a wakeup call for both Farage and BoJo. Brexit party popularity has peaked, BoJo has seen Brexit party can still cost Tories seats. If Farage wants Brexit, then he needs to target Lib Dems in general elections, not Tories.

Labour remain the wild card, they've been routinely losing vote share as main opposition with an unpopular government. They've probably scuppered their chances of winning an overall majority but equally can't be as bad as they were last night repeatedly. I suspect a resurgent Labour vote would hit Lib Dems more.

Who said politics was boring?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:54 - Aug 2 with 1636 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:36 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

Not necessarily true if Plaid had stood.
2017, Plaid got 1,299. 2019, Lib Dems won by 1,425.
If Plaid had stood, sure, there would still be a shortfall for Tories of 126 if the votes had gone from Lib Dems to Plaid.

That's still a very basic analysis, though, 126 is a small figure and if Plaid, Greens had run there's no guarantee of the figures that would have gone to either party. Equally, very different campaigns would have been run.

I'm inclined to agree with you the Lib Dems would still have won it, but the margin would have been very tight, especially with a lower turnout this time round.

Agree about the shift to the Tories. I think it's a wakeup call for both Farage and BoJo. Brexit party popularity has peaked, BoJo has seen Brexit party can still cost Tories seats. If Farage wants Brexit, then he needs to target Lib Dems in general elections, not Tories.

Labour remain the wild card, they've been routinely losing vote share as main opposition with an unpopular government. They've probably scuppered their chances of winning an overall majority but equally can't be as bad as they were last night repeatedly. I suspect a resurgent Labour vote would hit Lib Dems more.

Who said politics was boring?

You’re not taking into account the turnout reduction. Plaid got 3% of the vote last time, Libdems won by 6% last night. Even if you make the outlandish assumption that if Plaid had stood last night they would have got the same vote percentage the LibDems would still have won the seat. The Greens didn’t stand last time or last night so they’re irrelevant to the calculation.

The scary thing for the Tories is that even at the peak of the “Boris bounce” they still couldn’t tempt enough voters back from Farage to keep hold of a safe seat. Might make him think twice about the September election he’s planning.

This was a “leave” constituency in 2016 too.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:10 - Aug 2 with 1617 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:54 - Aug 2 by exiledclaseboy

You’re not taking into account the turnout reduction. Plaid got 3% of the vote last time, Libdems won by 6% last night. Even if you make the outlandish assumption that if Plaid had stood last night they would have got the same vote percentage the LibDems would still have won the seat. The Greens didn’t stand last time or last night so they’re irrelevant to the calculation.

The scary thing for the Tories is that even at the peak of the “Boris bounce” they still couldn’t tempt enough voters back from Farage to keep hold of a safe seat. Might make him think twice about the September election he’s planning.

This was a “leave” constituency in 2016 too.

Again, I've said we've no idea what votes other parties would have got if they stood because, well, they didn't. Greens have have picked up votes if they stood. Who knows?

I don't think the "Boris Bounce" has yet peaked tbh. Expectation was a big loss, much closer than expected - indeed, Brexit party vote was the decider not the Lib Dems popularity per se. What it's showing is big inroads have already been made into the Brexit vote - 10% last night, polls having had them overall in 20s before. What it'll also, imo, do is to concentrate minds. Those voting Brexit party who are normally Tory will have done so under May. BoJo on the other hand not as Remainy as May. I suspect many Brexit party voters will now see there votes could well lead to Remain ( via Lib Dems ) picking up enough seats to block Brexit, maybe put them into government. That'll concentrate mind.

I suspect Brexit party will focus their campaigning in areas where Tories aren't expecting to do much of anything; act of spoilers and either win or take enough votes to put Tories into play in those areas.

It's still a "leave" constituency as evidence by "leave" parties gaining most combined votes.
Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:16 - Aug 2 with 1614 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:10 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

Again, I've said we've no idea what votes other parties would have got if they stood because, well, they didn't. Greens have have picked up votes if they stood. Who knows?

I don't think the "Boris Bounce" has yet peaked tbh. Expectation was a big loss, much closer than expected - indeed, Brexit party vote was the decider not the Lib Dems popularity per se. What it's showing is big inroads have already been made into the Brexit vote - 10% last night, polls having had them overall in 20s before. What it'll also, imo, do is to concentrate minds. Those voting Brexit party who are normally Tory will have done so under May. BoJo on the other hand not as Remainy as May. I suspect many Brexit party voters will now see there votes could well lead to Remain ( via Lib Dems ) picking up enough seats to block Brexit, maybe put them into government. That'll concentrate mind.

I suspect Brexit party will focus their campaigning in areas where Tories aren't expecting to do much of anything; act of spoilers and either win or take enough votes to put Tories into play in those areas.

It's still a "leave" constituency as evidence by "leave" parties gaining most combined votes.

Ha. My god. The delusion in you is strong. That post is all kinds of mental, so much so there’s nothing I can do with it.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:16 - Aug 2 with 1612 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:16 - Aug 2 by exiledclaseboy

Ha. My god. The delusion in you is strong. That post is all kinds of mental, so much so there’s nothing I can do with it.

I'll take that as a win then...
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:52 - Aug 2 with 1596 viewsGowerjack

Satire is dead

This is from 1996 and its scarily accurate.

Could be Rabb talking...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:42 - Aug 2 with 1572 viewslonglostjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:10 - Aug 2 by bluey_the_blue

Bit early for the mushrooms Bluey. What are you on?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 08:17 - Aug 3 with 1516 viewscostalotta

What happens if that 12% Swing from the tories is repeated in a GE?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 10:16 - Aug 4 with 1407 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 08:17 - Aug 3 by costalotta

What happens if that 12% Swing from the tories is repeated in a GE?

The hungest of hung parliaments.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 10:35 - Aug 4 with 1396 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 10:16 - Aug 4 by exiledclaseboy

The hungest of hung parliaments.

There are certain advantages to being well hung.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:58 - Aug 4 with 1372 viewslondonlisa2001

Dominic Cummings has apparently told civil servants that parliament has no way of avoiding a no deal. As Johnson will schedule an election after 31 October, even if he loses a vote of no confidence.

It seems to me he doesn’t understand the rules? Or I don’t. One of the two.

Surely if there’s a vote of no confidence, Parliament have 14 days during which they can install a temporary PM that they will support, who can either (a) ask for an extension or (b) revoke? So could stop Johnson getting to an election.

ECB - is that right?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:17 - Aug 4 with 1360 viewsBytholWyn

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:58 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

Dominic Cummings has apparently told civil servants that parliament has no way of avoiding a no deal. As Johnson will schedule an election after 31 October, even if he loses a vote of no confidence.

Surely if there’s a vote of no confidence, Parliament have 14 days during which they can install a temporary PM that they will support, who can either (a) ask for an extension or (b) revoke? So could stop Johnson getting to an election.

ECB - is that right?

Do you think Johnson would risk holding an election in the immediate aftermath of a no-deal Brexit, Lisa? Anything's possible in this crazy world, but that would be a ridiculous gamble. Even allowing for the uncertainties of predicting the future it's hard to see the weeks following a no-deal Brexit being anything from bad to very very bad. Even most Brexiteers acknowledge that things will be bad at first.

I would not be at all surprised that the EU (especially with Macron so influential) is increasingly chilled about the idea of a no deal Brexit. They'll allow the chaos to unfold, before then offering a humiliating way out for the UK, via a temporary trade deal that ties us to EU rules and regulations, or a re-hash of May's negotiated deal.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:25 - Aug 4 with 1355 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:17 - Aug 4 by BytholWyn

Do you think Johnson would risk holding an election in the immediate aftermath of a no-deal Brexit, Lisa? Anything's possible in this crazy world, but that would be a ridiculous gamble. Even allowing for the uncertainties of predicting the future it's hard to see the weeks following a no-deal Brexit being anything from bad to very very bad. Even most Brexiteers acknowledge that things will be bad at first.

I would not be at all surprised that the EU (especially with Macron so influential) is increasingly chilled about the idea of a no deal Brexit. They'll allow the chaos to unfold, before then offering a humiliating way out for the UK, via a temporary trade deal that ties us to EU rules and regulations, or a re-hash of May's negotiated deal.

He probably feels he would negate the threat of the brexit party and hoover up their votes whilst the remain vote would be somewhat split between the libs/snp/greens etc.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:26 - Aug 4 with 1355 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:58 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

ECB - is that right?

Yes-ish. The 14 days allows the government or an alternative government to show that it commands the majority of the House. If an alternative government can do that it will be able to ask for an extension or revoke. All sounds massively unlikely though.

If Johnson is planning this gerrymander in that way to avoid the will of parliament I can’t imagine it ending well.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:28 - Aug 4 with 1351 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:26 - Aug 4 by exiledclaseboy

Yes-ish. The 14 days allows the government or an alternative government to show that it commands the majority of the House. If an alternative government can do that it will be able to ask for an extension or revoke. All sounds massively unlikely though.

If Johnson is planning this gerrymander in that way to avoid the will of parliament I can’t imagine it ending well.

It would probably be a clusterf*ck of a challenge to find a new government though. I can’t imagine any Tory, no matter how hardcore remain they are voting to put Corbyn and McDonnell in Downing Street.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:29 - Aug 4 with 1351 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:17 - Aug 4 by BytholWyn

I wouldn’t if I was him. But it’s Cummings saying that. Supposedly. I was only commenting process really rather than timing.

There are many rumours floating around that they are preparing for an election the week of October 7th.

But equally there are rumours that it may be possible for someone to be installed after a vote of no confidence in Johnson as head of some sort of national unity government preventing an election, who will call a second referendum. Who knows.

As for the EU - I’m no sure they’re relaxed about a no deal - the won’t be ready either and it will hurt them, albeit less than us. If I had to bet, I think they will agree a time limit of some sort on the backstop, and May’s deal will get through. Before October 31st.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:30 - Aug 4 with 1348 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:29 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

I wouldn’t if I was him. But it’s Cummings saying that. Supposedly. I was only commenting process really rather than timing.

There are many rumours floating around that they are preparing for an election the week of October 7th.

But equally there are rumours that it may be possible for someone to be installed after a vote of no confidence in Johnson as head of some sort of national unity government preventing an election, who will call a second referendum. Who knows.

As for the EU - I’m no sure they’re relaxed about a no deal - the won’t be ready either and it will hurt them, albeit less than us. If I had to bet, I think they will agree a time limit of some sort on the backstop, and May’s deal will get through. Before October 31st.

A backstop with a time limit isn’t a backstop.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:32 - Aug 4 with 1343 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:29 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

Two thirds of MPs would have to vote for an election though. It could result in the farcical situation where the opposition who have been demanding a general election for two years vote against a general election.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:32 - Aug 4 with 1343 viewsBytholWyn

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:25 - Aug 4 by Highjack

He probably feels he would negate the threat of the brexit party and hoover up their votes whilst the remain vote would be somewhat split between the libs/snp/greens etc.

I agree that Johnson may well have the ambition you describe - but timing is everything. It basically comes down to whether or not the Brexiteers in government genuinely believe their own hype. The scary thing is that I believe some, perhaps many, do. In which case they might well risk a general election in the immediate aftermath of a no deal Brexit. I suspect project reality will kick in at some stage and that disastrous outcome (especially for the Tories) will be averted.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:34 - Aug 4 with 1342 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 14:28 - Aug 4 by Highjack

It would probably be a clusterf*ck of a challenge to find a new government though. I can’t imagine any Tory, no matter how hardcore remain they are voting to put Corbyn and McDonnell in Downing Street.

The rumour is some sort of Keir Starmer / Dominic Grieve type person rather than Corbyn. Remember it can be anyone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024