Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301670 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:33 - Aug 20 with 1447 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:32 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

It was the best comprimise at the time imo.

Hindsight for me shows EU never had any interest in any alternate plans.

What has changed?

Poll: Tory leader

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:36 - Aug 20 with 1441 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:33 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

What has changed?

For me, it's the realisation that despite the WA being smashed down by parliament repeatedly mostly based upon backstop, it's the EU refusal to even consider amending the legally binding WA.

Putting waffly words in a non legally binding political declaration does nothing.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:37 - Aug 20 with 1437 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:36 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

For me, it's the realisation that despite the WA being smashed down by parliament repeatedly mostly based upon backstop, it's the EU refusal to even consider amending the legally binding WA.

Putting waffly words in a non legally binding political declaration does nothing.

What would they replace the backstop with? That’s the only bit the UK now objects to.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:41 - Aug 20 with 1434 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:37 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

What would they replace the backstop with? That’s the only bit the UK now objects to.

That's a difficult question.

Given UK parliament has rejected it - Remain, Leavers alike - it's clearly an impasse. Either side could propose arrangements, come to an agreement that could be workable.

The point is still the refusal to amend the legally binding WA. Putting something in a non legally binding declaration is meaningless.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:47 - Aug 20 with 1427 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:41 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

That's a difficult question.

Given UK parliament has rejected it - Remain, Leavers alike - it's clearly an impasse. Either side could propose arrangements, come to an agreement that could be workable.

The point is still the refusal to amend the legally binding WA. Putting something in a non legally binding declaration is meaningless.

You’re not making sense. The only thing the government objects to in the WA is the backstop. They’ve demanded its removal. So what do you replace it with?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:50 - Aug 20 with 1423 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:47 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

You’re not making sense. The only thing the government objects to in the WA is the backstop. They’ve demanded its removal. So what do you replace it with?

My point is it's irrelevant arguing about what you replace it with.

EU are clear it won't be replaced.

Backstop remains, in legally binding WA. EU won't change that, their words, so the only WA agreement for parliament to "pass" includes the backstop.

Alternative arrangements would be in political declaration, non legally binding. WA is the absolute.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:53 - Aug 20 with 1419 viewsWarwickHunt

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:32 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

It was the best comprimise at the time imo.

Hindsight for me shows EU never had any interest in any alternate plans.

*alternative*

Anyway, you’re obviously fûcking bonkers.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:55 - Aug 20 with 1413 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:50 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

My point is it's irrelevant arguing about what you replace it with.

EU are clear it won't be replaced.

Backstop remains, in legally binding WA. EU won't change that, their words, so the only WA agreement for parliament to "pass" includes the backstop.

Alternative arrangements would be in political declaration, non legally binding. WA is the absolute.

Why is it irrelevant? There has to be a mechanism for protecting both EU and UK borders. That currently is the backstop. The UK is now demanding the removal of the backstop without suggesting an alternative method of border control. I’ve no doubt you agree that we have to have control over our borders because that’s what all this is about. Ergo you have to agree that it’s not unreasonable for the EU to want to control its borders. So how do you do that without the backstop?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 20:56]

Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:59 - Aug 20 with 1404 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:14 - Aug 19 by pikeypaul

Is that why the remoaners May and Hammond refused to do it ? Anyway it’s done now and whichever way you look at it it’s another step towards leaving.So happy fecking days.

And it does repel the 1972 European communities act so hardly meaningless.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1167139/brexit-la
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 22:19]

It repeals the 1972 Act on exit day. That’s currently 31 October but was previously 12 April and before that 29 March. See how this works? Exit day can be changed and has been three times. The reason why it’s not been signed before is because it’s completely futile.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:00 - Aug 20 with 1402 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:55 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

Why is it irrelevant? There has to be a mechanism for protecting both EU and UK borders. That currently is the backstop. The UK is now demanding the removal of the backstop without suggesting an alternative method of border control. I’ve no doubt you agree that we have to have control over our borders because that’s what all this is about. Ergo you have to agree that it’s not unreasonable for the EU to want to control its borders. So how do you do that without the backstop?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 20:56]

It's irrelevant because the greatest ever system could be devised.

It won't be in the WA, which EU have stated won't be re-opened - backstop will.

As a result, it would not be the legally binding "solution".
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:07 - Aug 20 with 1392 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:00 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

Christ you’re hard work. The reason the EU is insisting the backstop has to stay is because there is no whizzy alternative system to replace it with. Nothing. Nil. Nada. That’s why the backstop has to stay. You can’t castigate the EU for refusing to remove the only means of border control currently available. Especially as we asked for it.

Oh, and Johnson voted for it. As did Barclay, Rees-Mogg and many others who are now repeating “undemocratic backstop” as their new mantra.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:08 - Aug 20 with 1390 viewslondonlisa2001

That’s simply not true though Bluey.

They won’t open the wA to remove the backstop because nothing else has been suggested.

Their exact words today were:

“We also note that the letter does not provide a legal operational solution to prevent the return of a hard border on the island of Ireland,”. “It does not set out what any alternative arrangements could be and in fact it recognises that there is no guarantee that such arrangements will be in place by the end of the transitional period.”

If the government could suggest an alternative, they’ve said previously, they will look at it. Just shouting ‘remove it’ is the issue.

It’s pathetic. It really is.

Bleating about ceasing freedom of movement while having an open border with the EU.

Grow up. You and the idiots you support.

Sign the deal, or leave and sign it later when desperate or just stop the whole nonsense.

You’re behaving like a toddler. The backstop is our suggestion not theirs. Stop lying about it.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 21:12]
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:09 - Aug 20 with 1388 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:04 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

Arf!

It's all negotiations. Even with bargaining power, we give ground some areas, they do in others. Swings and roundabouts. We know what the Japanese want. They only deal with the needs of one national entity, not many.

Scope for decent deal to be done, don't have to spend years combating what an obscure region of Belgium want, holding negotiations up.

I realise you’ve a memory like a goldfish, but what part of most favoured nation status did you fail to understand the last time I explained it to you?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:14 - Aug 20 with 1377 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:07 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

Christ you’re hard work. The reason the EU is insisting the backstop has to stay is because there is no whizzy alternative system to replace it with. Nothing. Nil. Nada. That’s why the backstop has to stay. You can’t castigate the EU for refusing to remove the only means of border control currently available. Especially as we asked for it.

Oh, and Johnson voted for it. As did Barclay, Rees-Mogg and many others who are now repeating “undemocratic backstop” as their new mantra.

EU have continually said WA would not be reopened, that May agreed to it.

Nothing to do with reopening it.

As far as EU are concerned, it's that WA or nothing.

Yes, those voted for it to try to get any deal through. Parliament rejected it. The WA is dead.

I've little doubt this was engineered between May and EU.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:18 - Aug 20 with 1369 viewsFlashberryjack

Grow up Bluey you bloody Goldfish

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:19 - Aug 20 with 1366 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:14 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

Yes, those voted for it to try to get any deal through. Parliament rejected it. The WA is dead.

You’re off your box.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:22 - Aug 20 with 1363 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:09 - Aug 20 by londonlisa2001

I realise you’ve a memory like a goldfish, but what part of most favoured nation status did you fail to understand the last time I explained it to you?

Cuts both ways, doesn't it?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:22 - Aug 20 with 1362 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:18 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Grow up Bluey you bloody Goldfish

Memory like a goldfish I said. Not that he was a goldfish. Although he does like to carp about the backstop
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:23 - Aug 20 with 1356 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:22 - Aug 20 by londonlisa2001

Memory like a goldfish I said. Not that he was a goldfish. Although he does like to carp about the backstop

Oh hush you old trout!
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:23 - Aug 20 with 1355 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:22 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

Cuts both ways, doesn't it?

What?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:25 - Aug 20 with 1347 viewsFlashberryjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:22 - Aug 20 by londonlisa2001

I know, I called him a Goldfish

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:28 - Aug 20 with 1339 viewsbluey_the_blue

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:23 - Aug 20 by londonlisa2001

What?

Don't know, I've forgotten...
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:28 - Aug 20 with 1334 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:28 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

Don't know, I've forgotten...

Sadly, that’s the most sensible post you’ve made on this thread for ages.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:35 - Aug 20 with 1311 viewsGowerjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:11 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

But you’ve expressed confidence about the alternative arrangements that will be in place so the backstop won’t be an issue. So not a problem.

Schrödinger's Backstop...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:06 - Aug 20 with 1281 viewsWarwickHunt

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:14 - Aug 20 by bluey_the_blue

Nurse - the screens!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024