Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301121 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:33 - Sep 2 with 1133 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:31 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

Beth Rigby is reporting Thursday 17th.

That’s the same day as the EU summit. Won’t happen

Poll: Tory leader

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:34 - Sep 2 with 1124 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:21 - Sep 2 by jackrmee

I don't know why, that's why I was asking haha. Haven't got a clue what's going on tbh

I just want these tory fuks out.

I thought it was a hung parliament last time no?

Well yes, but it depends on which parties agree to support each other.

If, for example, Labour plus SNP plus LibDems get a majority between them the Labour leader would be PM as the largest party of the coalition. Which would be ideal as Corbyn would be prevented doing any of his extreme stuff but between them they’d come up with something sensible.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:36 - Sep 2 with 1122 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:31 - Sep 2 by rockinjk

But surely that’s just delaying no deal

There must be an over riding objective surely

Those combining their efforts to pass the law have different objectives in that respect. The prime directive is to avoid no deal. No one has a plan for what happens after that, least of all the government.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:36 - Sep 2 with 1122 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:32 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

I’m gonna stick my neck out here and say that not even Johnson will change the election date after he’s persuaded two thirds of MPs to agree to it on the basis of it being another date.

I wouldn’t trust him not to if I was them. What could they do?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:36 - Sep 2 with 1118 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:32 - Sep 2 by rockinjk

That’s very likely but they’ll want their pound of flesh

Who will?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:38 - Sep 2 with 1116 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:36 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

I wouldn’t trust him not to if I was them. What could they do?

Nothing. And I wouldn’t trust him either. I just don’t think he’d do it. Not that I’d put it past him.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:38 - Sep 2 with 1115 viewsrockinjk

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:36 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

Those combining their efforts to pass the law have different objectives in that respect. The prime directive is to avoid no deal. No one has a plan for what happens after that, least of all the government.

Fair.

I personally feel like they should find away now to advocate an EEA style arrangement

I think as much as I’d like to stay in, it feels like too many people just can’t accept reality and therefore we have to leave
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:39 - Sep 2 with 1108 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:33 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

That’s the same day as the EU summit. Won’t happen

2 days summit isn’t it?

Leaves them no time to react. If anyone else is PM we get an extension anyway, and if he is they should just call his bluff.
Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:41 - Sep 2 with 1097 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:38 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

Nothing. And I wouldn’t trust him either. I just don’t think he’d do it. Not that I’d put it past him.

It depends on whether you believe that he actually wants to no deal or not. If he does, that’s how he’ll do it. If not and he doesn’t, that surely indicates to everyone that he doesn’t really want it.

Does the 14 day rule apply if the government calls an election? I assume it doesn’t. What about if they vote against him calling one then move a VONC? Does it apply then?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:42 - Sep 2 with 1096 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:39 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

2 days summit isn’t it?

Leaves them no time to react. If anyone else is PM we get an extension anyway, and if he is they should just call his bluff.

And if the result is inconclusive we’re not represented. Nah. Laura K is saying 14th. ON A MONDAY. 😱😱

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:43 - Sep 2 with 1081 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:41 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

It depends on whether you believe that he actually wants to no deal or not. If he does, that’s how he’ll do it. If not and he doesn’t, that surely indicates to everyone that he doesn’t really want it.

Does the 14 day rule apply if the government calls an election? I assume it doesn’t. What about if they vote against him calling one then move a VONC? Does it apply then?

No, the 14 day rule doesn’t apply if the government asks parliament to agree to an election. It would if they vote that idea down and then go down the no confidence route.

This is genuinely exciting.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:46 - Sep 2 with 1076 viewsrockinjk

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:36 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

Who will?

The EU
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:48 - Sep 2 with 1067 viewsjackrmee

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:29 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

Anyway everyone is missing what’s really important in all this. We’ll be having an election on a MONDAY. ON. A. MONDAY. FFS. NOT A THURSDAY.

Am I I the only one who’s head this is twisting?

The 17th they just said on the news

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:50 - Sep 2 with 1063 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:48 - Sep 2 by jackrmee

The 17th they just said on the news

Sky news? Everyone else is saying the 14th. Including sky news now according to the news alert that just popped up on my phone.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:53 - Sep 2 with 1054 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:46 - Sep 2 by rockinjk

The EU

Well yes. They won’t give us a trade deal without the withdrawal agreement. They’ve said so any number of times.and neither should they. Attempting to renege on our commitments is a bloody disgrace.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:54 - Sep 2 with 1044 viewsjackrmee

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:34 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

Well yes, but it depends on which parties agree to support each other.

If, for example, Labour plus SNP plus LibDems get a majority between them the Labour leader would be PM as the largest party of the coalition. Which would be ideal as Corbyn would be prevented doing any of his extreme stuff but between them they’d come up with something sensible.

Sounds good, but Boris and his cronies surely know that people want to vote against a no deal, so a rival coalition is very likely. Why would he go into a GE with such a high possibility of losing?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:55 - Sep 2 with 1043 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:43 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

No, the 14 day rule doesn’t apply if the government asks parliament to agree to an election. It would if they vote that idea down and then go down the no confidence route.

This is genuinely exciting.

In which case, that’s what they should do. Vote down his proposal. Wait for the law to pass re no deal. Then call a VONC. Set up an interim government if they can. If not, have an election but the date can’t then pass.

Btw - it seems there may be 22 Tories who will vote in favour of the legislation. Seems high to me.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:55 - Sep 2 with 1042 viewsHighjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:46 - Sep 2 by rockinjk

The EU

Why would we want to be part of an organisation who “demand their pound of flesh” in the first place?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:57 - Sep 2 with 1035 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:54 - Sep 2 by jackrmee

Sounds good, but Boris and his cronies surely know that people want to vote against a no deal, so a rival coalition is very likely. Why would he go into a GE with such a high possibility of losing?

Because he has transparently already agreed something with Farage and thinks the ‘remain’ camp will be split so he’ll get a majority. I’m not so sure, because there aren’t many marginal Labour / LibDem seats (4 are actual marginals) so they could come to an arrangement if Corbyn genuinely wants to stop no deal.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:58 - Sep 2 with 1030 viewsexiledclaseboy

The cross party bill, in Hilary Benn’s words (no idea how to embed a tweet):

2/8 The purpose of the Bill is to ensure that the UK does not leave the European Union on the 31 October without an agreement, unless Parliaments consents.

3/8 The Bill gives the Government time either to reach a new agreement with the European Union at the European Council meeting next month or to seek Parliament’s specific consent to leave the EU without a deal.

4/8 If neither of these two conditions have been met, however, by 19th October — ie the day after the European Council meeting concludes — then the Prime Minister must send a letter to the President of the European Council requesting an Article 50 extension until 31 January 2020.

5/8 The form of the letter is set out in a schedule to the Bill. If the European Council agrees to an extension to the 31 January 2020, then the Prime Minister must immediately accept that extension.

6/8 If the European Council proposes an extension to a different date then the Prime Minister must accept that extension within two days, unless the House of Commons rejects it.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:59 - Sep 2 with 1028 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:55 - Sep 2 by Highjack

Why would we want to be part of an organisation who “demand their pound of flesh” in the first place?

Pay the money we already owe is the accurate description.

If and when Scotland leave the UK, the people thinking we should walk away without paying now will be the loudest voices asking for the money Scotland will owe the rest of us.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:00 - Sep 2 with 1022 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:55 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

In which case, that’s what they should do. Vote down his proposal. Wait for the law to pass re no deal. Then call a VONC. Set up an interim government if they can. If not, have an election but the date can’t then pass.

Btw - it seems there may be 22 Tories who will vote in favour of the legislation. Seems high to me.

Half of that 22 will be enough.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:00 - Sep 2 with 1022 viewsjackrmee

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:50 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

Sky news? Everyone else is saying the 14th. Including sky news now according to the news alert that just popped up on my phone.

AYe, but I just saw some woman talking outside number 10 from about half hour ago, so may have been updated since then I guess

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:01 - Sep 2 with 1016 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:58 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

The cross party bill, in Hilary Benn’s words (no idea how to embed a tweet):

2/8 The purpose of the Bill is to ensure that the UK does not leave the European Union on the 31 October without an agreement, unless Parliaments consents.

3/8 The Bill gives the Government time either to reach a new agreement with the European Union at the European Council meeting next month or to seek Parliament’s specific consent to leave the EU without a deal.

4/8 If neither of these two conditions have been met, however, by 19th October — ie the day after the European Council meeting concludes — then the Prime Minister must send a letter to the President of the European Council requesting an Article 50 extension until 31 January 2020.

5/8 The form of the letter is set out in a schedule to the Bill. If the European Council agrees to an extension to the 31 January 2020, then the Prime Minister must immediately accept that extension.

6/8 If the European Council proposes an extension to a different date then the Prime Minister must accept that extension within two days, unless the House of Commons rejects it.

And unsurprisingly the right wing press and Brexiteers are cutting off the last few words of that and screaming blue murders...

The lies just continue.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:04 - Sep 2 with 1010 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:01 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

And unsurprisingly the right wing press and Brexiteers are cutting off the last few words of that and screaming blue murders...

The lies just continue.

It leaves the decisions firmly in the hands of parliament. Taking back control.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024