Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301163 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:03 - Sep 11 with 1642 viewsCatullus

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 16:19 - Sep 11 by londonlisa2001

As I said previously, I used yellowhammer as an example of what parliament may want to do, but as I also said, it matters not whether parliament wants to spend 4 weeks playing cards, it’s the principle that is important.

Separate actions were launched in all three jurisdictions - England (and Wales), Scotland and Northern Ireland.

The reason that the Scottish court has a different opinion (at this stage) to the High court is not ‘surprising because it was based in the same facts’ but unsurprising in that the Scottish court has different precedent. That doesn’t mean it’s an overreach, it means the basis on which they have made a ruling is different. As you well know. That doesn’t make it a court that is any less real than the High Court.

As I have now said twice, I expect the Supreme Court to make a different ruling as they are bound by the precedent in both countries, not just one. That doesn’t make it ‘more correct’ as such, it doesn’t make the Scottish decision ‘wrong’. The UK parliament has done something which, at present, has been ruled lawful in England and unlawful in Scotland. Whether or not it is lawful in the UK has yet to be determined.

And many many prime ministers have not done this. None have. The interesting part of the ruling of the High Court is that they have stated that a government is able to prorogue for ‘political advantage’. That’s extraordinary if upheld by the Supreme Court. What’s to stop a Corbyn type of the future using such a mechanism to enforce renationalisation against the will of parliament?

There’s rather too much of doing things because it ‘annoys’ significant parts of the population at present. In my humble opinion of course. Because it sets a dangerous precedent that one day, will come and bite the people who think it’s fine when it supports their political view point, right on their over entitled arse.

And many many prime ministers have not done this. None have. The interesting part of the ruling of the High Court is that they have stated that a government is able to prorogue for ‘political advantage’. That’s extraordinary if upheld by the Supreme Court. What’s to stop a Corbyn type of the future using such a mechanism to enforce renationalisation against the will of parliament?

This bit, now maybe I read it wrong, maybe the BBC didn't report it properly but, they said the Judges had said that the accusation of proroging for political advantage was obviously wrong because no advantage had been gained. The law preventing no deal had been passed. Actually, they said this, and I quote

"The ability of Parliament to move with speed when it chooses to do so undermines the underlying premise of the case for the claimant that prorogation would deny Parliament the opportunity to do precisely what it has now done"

So they haven't stated that Parliament is able to prorogue for political advantage just that the advantage that was alleged did not happen. That the suspension of Parliament was a purely political move and was therefore not a matter for the courts.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:29 - Sep 11 with 1610 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:03 - Sep 11 by Catullus

This bit, now maybe I read it wrong, maybe the BBC didn't report it properly but, they said the Judges had said that the accusation of proroging for political advantage was obviously wrong because no advantage had been gained. The law preventing no deal had been passed. Actually, they said this, and I quote

"The ability of Parliament to move with speed when it chooses to do so undermines the underlying premise of the case for the claimant that prorogation would deny Parliament the opportunity to do precisely what it has now done"

So they haven't stated that Parliament is able to prorogue for political advantage just that the advantage that was alleged did not happen. That the suspension of Parliament was a purely political move and was therefore not a matter for the courts.

This is section 60 of the judgement:

“the purpose of the power of prorogation is not confined to preparations for the Queen’s Speech. It may be used for a number of different reasons, as, on the evidence, it has been in the present case. Such reasons may, depending upon the precise facts and circumstances, extend to obtaining a political advantage.”

I was referring to this earlier.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:30 - Sep 11 with 1607 viewsGwyn737

It’s ok, Mr. Farage has cleared the whole court matter up.

Those nice upstanding London judges made the right call, and this interfering Scottish collaborators are prejudiced.

That’s that sorted.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:42 - Sep 11 with 1584 viewsrockinjk

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:30 - Sep 11 by Gwyn737

Those nice upstanding London judges made the right call, and this interfering Scottish collaborators are prejudiced.

That’s that sorted.

Those bloody Scottish Elites! Thank goodness for those down with the people English judges
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:48 - Sep 11 with 1577 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:30 - Sep 11 by Gwyn737

That’s that sorted.

It was only yesterday Cummings urged everyone to get out of London and meet other people. I can only assume he didn’t mean go to Scotland.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:00 - Sep 11 with 1556 viewssherpajacob

Cummings grand plan.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:10 - Sep 11 with 1541 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:50 - Sep 11 by londonlisa2001

You’re conflating two different point I made and attempting to say I have said something different.

I said ‘many, many prime ministers have not done this’.

Separately, I mentioned a point I find interesting about the High Court ruling.

What many many prime ministers have not done is pretended both to the country and, it appears, to the Monarch, to prorogue parliament for one reason while admitting in writing they have done so for a different reason. The length of the prorogation is also extraordinary.

The reason I find the High Court judgement interesting is its explicit reference to the use of prorogation for purely political advantage.

The length of the prorogation is also extraordinary.

Is it much longer than Major's from Friday, 21 March 1997 to May 1st 1997?
ie over 40 days?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:15 - Sep 11 with 1528 viewsladyjack

Sing, sing or ……….
Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:16 - Sep 11 with 1523 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 18:54 - Sep 11 by rockinjk

Correct.

It’s not the prorogation it’s the reason for doing so.

Everyone knows that this has been done to shut Parliament down. There is no question that this unprecedented when you consider what we about to do.

You’d think Parliament would be open day and night at the moment. Not shut down.

If leavers could take the blinkers off for once they would agree

The whole purpose of Proroguing is shutting down Parliament, what do you think those ones I quoted were doing.
In 1948 Labour did not want the Lords interfering, so they shutdown Parliament.
In 1997 Major did not want a damning report to come out before elections and shut down parliament and lost his job anyway.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:17 - Sep 11 with 1523 viewsHumpty

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:48 - Sep 11 by londonlisa2001

It was only yesterday Cummings urged everyone to get out of London and meet other people. I can only assume he didn’t mean go to Scotland.

Yes, get out of London and stop talking to rich remainers was his advice, as he left his £1.6M London townhouse complete with reading room, formal living room and tapestry room.

I'm not sure what a tapestry room is but I doubt most remainers or leavers have one.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:18 - Sep 11 with 1521 viewsladyjack

If Brexit helps Wales to break away from England perversely it would have been a good thing.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:23 - Sep 11 with 1514 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:10 - Sep 11 by A_Fans_Dad

The length of the prorogation is also extraordinary.

Is it much longer than Major's from Friday, 21 March 1997 to May 1st 1997?
ie over 40 days?

Prorogation in 1997 was for 19 days.

This is for 34.

It’s the longest since 1930.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:28 - Sep 11 with 1495 viewsexiledclaseboy

Yellowhammer has been released.

Well, a five page summary of it has.

Well, most of a five page summary of it has.

Poll: Tory leader

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:29 - Sep 11 with 1493 viewsmonmouth

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:23 - Sep 11 by londonlisa2001

This is for 34.

Goldfinger, reimagined.

“Ah, the daily handing of the arse to a fans dad. I’ve been expecting you.”

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:32 - Sep 11 with 1482 viewsmonmouth

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:28 - Sep 11 by exiledclaseboy

As Lisa says, it’ll all out soon enough. The parliamentary vote has probably legitimised a public interest defence for anyone with a conscience.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:33 - Sep 11 with 1476 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:28 - Sep 11 by exiledclaseboy

As I understand it, the published document is not the exact same version as the one previously provided. Or at least the headline is different, with the original calling it the base case and now calling it Reasonable Worst Case.

One could only speculate on the reasons for that rebranding.

Plus of course the lack of providing the communications regarding proroguing.

Oh, and that document. Iesu mawr. What level of nutcase would read that and this, yeah, that's fine, no problems, just a little bump in the road.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:36 - Sep 11 with 1465 viewsmonmouth

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:33 - Sep 11 by Uxbridge

As I understand it, the published document is not the exact same version as the one previously provided. Or at least the headline is different, with the original calling it the base case and now calling it Reasonable Worst Case.

One could only speculate on the reasons for that rebranding.

Plus of course the lack of providing the communications regarding proroguing.

Oh, and that document. Iesu mawr. What level of nutcase would read that and this, yeah, that's fine, no problems, just a little bump in the road.

In answer to his question, may I refer my honourable friend to this very thread.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:41 - Sep 11 with 1445 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:36 - Sep 11 by monmouth

In answer to his question, may I refer my honourable friend to this very thread.

Ha. Yeah, probs.

I've had some interesting conversations with some arch Brexiters today. Opinions are changing. This has massively backfired on Johnson and Cummings.

The only way out of this now is a second ref, and quickly. I can quite easily see Johnson resigning, Corbyn forming a Govt on the condition he calls one. A general election solves nothing until this is sorted.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:51 - Sep 11 with 1421 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:23 - Sep 11 by londonlisa2001

This is for 34.

We are both wrong about 1997, it was prorogued on March 21st and closed from April 8th to the May 1st Election.
Which is actually 23 days.
https://parliamentum.org/2019/07/12/sir-john-majors-hypocrisy-on-prorogation/
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:52 - Sep 11 with 1418 viewsladyjack

Joanna speaks.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:52 - Sep 11 with 1412 viewsrockinjk

Yellowhammer no deal looks fun

I’m looking forward to our sovereign tea
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:53 - Sep 11 with 1412 viewsNeathJack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:53 - Sep 11 with 1412 viewswaynekerr55

All a bit quiet on the Yellowhammer front here?

Have I missed anything?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:56 - Sep 11 with 1403 viewsrockinjk

This is not just a negotiating tactic for the Brexit party, this is their policy

And they call us traitors
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:57 - Sep 11 with 1402 viewsLohengrin

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:53 - Sep 11 by waynekerr55

All a bit quiet on the Yellowhammer front here?

Have I missed anything?

Boo!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024