Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301790 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:17 - Oct 20 with 1936 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:10 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

It’s complex and I’m a bit pissed so this may be way off the mark. But the EU could/will/should agree an extension to 31 January which is what Johnson has just asked for. But if the withdrawal agreement bill is passed in full before that then we leave on whatever date that bill becomes an act. The government is still planning for that to happen by 31 October but that bill will attract a lot of amendments...

Also needs to be ratified by the EU though. And hasn’t been. So they can just wait until they’ve a convenient meeting date. And we can’t ratify until bill passes through lords as well. Who could delay it.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:19 - Oct 20 with 1927 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:17 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

Also needs to be ratified by the EU though. And hasn’t been. So they can just wait until they’ve a convenient meeting date. And we can’t ratify until bill passes through lords as well. Who could delay it.

Who indeed

I’m quite worried about Bluey.

Poll: Tory leader

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:20 - Oct 20 with 1921 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:17 - Oct 20 by Uxbridge

I see what you're saying. And I agree it probably doesn't matter if Tusk response is taken at face value.

I suspect Johnson wants this to go to court. I think it’s probably the whole point. As I suspect he wins. Which takes the momentum back to him. Cummings has been saying for ages that he ‘expects to spend the last few weeks of October in court’. It’s probably their whole ‘can’t meet the date but definitely can’t be blamed’ general election strategy.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:22 - Oct 20 with 1916 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:19 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

Who indeed

I’m quite worried about Bluey.

Last seen gently rocking in a corner...
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:27 - Oct 20 with 1897 viewswaynekerr55

Excuse my ignorance but doesn't the multiple letter thing put him in Padfield Principle territory, regardless of content?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:36 - Oct 20 with 1874 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:27 - Oct 20 by waynekerr55

Excuse my ignorance but doesn't the multiple letter thing put him in Padfield Principle territory, regardless of content?

I’ve a vague knowledge of Padfield but struggling to see the parallels.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:42 - Oct 20 with 1871 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:27 - Oct 20 by waynekerr55

Not necessarily.

He’s not allowed to frustrate an Act of Parliament.

If you ignore the hype, his second letter isn’t saying anything much other than he didn’t want an extension. Which May said in March when she asked for one.

The problem is the media are falling into his trap. If they stop thinking of Cummings as a political genius and look at him more like a hustler they’d report more accurately.

It’s an elaborate misdirection. If you look at what’s actually happening, rather than what they are trying to make you look at instead, after months if saying he’ll never ask for an extension, tonight, he’s asked for an extension. It really is that simple. The rest is just noise to divert people’s attention away from that simple fact. He’s had to go back on his promise. Again. It’s like a posh boy Paul Daniels making you look at one thing to stop you from seeing how the trick is done.

Any half decent media would call it out, but one huge drawback of having a journalist as PM is they’re all his mates.

Cutting through all the noise, he’s presented a deal that contains breaches of red lines he swore blind he would not breach and failing to get it through, he’s asked for an extension.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 0:49]
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:48 - Oct 20 with 1865 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:36 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve a vague knowledge of Padfield but struggling to see the parallels.

There’s an argument that Padfield, which states a minister cannot frustrate or circumvent an act of Parliament, would be applied in the case of a second, contradictory letter to the one required by the Benn Act. So if the second letter said ‘I do not want an extension’ for example, it may apply. But of course he didn’t.

Laura K is discussing it again tonight. Probably because she’s been told to do so by Cummings. Who wants to distract his fanboys from noticing that Johnson has had to break a promise made at least a hundred times, that he would never ask for an extension.
Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:59 - Oct 20 with 1852 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:48 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

There’s an argument that Padfield, which states a minister cannot frustrate or circumvent an act of Parliament, would be applied in the case of a second, contradictory letter to the one required by the Benn Act. So if the second letter said ‘I do not want an extension’ for example, it may apply. But of course he didn’t.

Laura K is discussing it again tonight. Probably because she’s been told to do so by Cummings. Who wants to distract his fanboys from noticing that Johnson has had to break a promise made at least a hundred times, that he would never ask for an extension.

The conduct of Lk and RP is just so demonstrative of how shambolic our media is. Zero analysis, basically just reproducing what they are told by Cummings et al.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 01:05 - Oct 20 with 1844 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:59 - Oct 20 by Uxbridge

The conduct of Lk and RP is just so demonstrative of how shambolic our media is. Zero analysis, basically just reproducing what they are told by Cummings et al.

Totally agree. The pair of them are a disgrace. They care more about their friendly chats with Johnson one on one than they do about doing their jobs.

The only one worth reading anymore is Beth Rigby.

Earlier today Peston and LK were breathless with excitement that Letwin could be defeated.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 01:47 - Oct 20 with 1826 viewsGroo

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:02 - Oct 19 by Uxbridge

How does the country move on if this deal is signed? It just leads to another year or so of wrangling. It doesn't end anything.

Here's hoping the EU end this by allowing enough time for another ref. That'd end it.

But Brexit will be done, not to be undone. The work then would be for the future.

Perhaps it will sink without a trace, reading the remain scare mongering that Britain will die a death and wither away when not tied to the EU strings is hilarious. The World would stop no less.

Groo does what Groo does best

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 09:33 - Oct 20 with 1718 viewsKilkennyjack

And he sent the letter he always said he would never send.

Surrender Johnson 😂🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 10:07 - Oct 20 with 1701 viewsjackrmee

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:48 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

Nah. I don’t think they’ll need to be.

The side letters are for media consumption - to make the idiot supporters of Johnson think he’s playing tough via the medium of Laura Kuenssberg and Robert Peston. They’re irrelevant. Just all been hyped up for weeks.

If you read Tusk’s response, he ignores the sideshow and treats the extension request as received.

That complies with the Benn Act. Johnson’s second letter if read closely doesn’t say he won’t accept an extension offered. The only bit that could be contentious is where he makes vague mention of it threatening future relationship. It’s quite careful in its wording.

If the EU are smart, they’ll now offer an extension of 9 months or so.

Ok, conspiracy time. If I was the PM and wanted to make sure the EU offered an extension even if a few are wavering, I’d do what he’s done. Because if they now refuse an extension, the courts may take a view that they have, after all, been influenced by the second letter. So they offer one, which Johnson possibly wants, but he can say ‘not my fault’ in an election - look, I even sent another letter saying I didn’t want one.

Or maybe he’s an idiot, making mistake after mistake.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 23:49]

I seriously don't think he's as thick as he makes out.
Or at least has people that aren't, who are telling him what to do.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 10:21 - Oct 20 with 1684 viewswaynekerr55

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:48 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

Doesn't the sending of the second letter interfere by proxy though.

As far as I'm concerned LK should be pulled from her job. She's a disgrace to her profession, as is Peston who is as culpable

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 10:38 - Oct 20 with 1670 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 10:21 - Oct 20 by waynekerr55

Doesn't the sending of the second letter interfere by proxy though.

As far as I'm concerned LK should be pulled from her job. She's a disgrace to her profession, as is Peston who is as culpable

I’d imagine the EU will ignore the second (and third) letters and concentrate solely on the one that matters. May all be moot if the legislation is being steamrolled through parliament next week anyway.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 11:43 - Oct 20 with 1636 viewswobbly

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 10:38 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

I’d imagine the EU will ignore the second (and third) letters and concentrate solely on the one that matters. May all be moot if the legislation is being steamrolled through parliament next week anyway.

I’m amused by the concept of any minority government, let alone one as bad as Boris’ when it comes to winning votes, steamrollering anything through Parliament. But I take your point.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:20 - Oct 20 with 1613 viewsmonmouth

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 01:47 - Oct 20 by Groo

But Brexit will be done, not to be undone. The work then would be for the future.

Perhaps it will sink without a trace, reading the remain scare mongering that Britain will die a death and wither away when not tied to the EU strings is hilarious. The World would stop no less.

What an utter knob you are, fair play.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:24 - Oct 20 with 1607 viewsmonmouth

It’s shocking that no one at the bbc or mainstream visual media (I’ve given up on the newspapers) is not comparing Johnson’s deal, Mays, deal and what we currently have. Starters done two thirds of the work. Johnson’s deal is a very hard Brexit. And where’s the independent economic assessment FFS.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:33 - Oct 20 with 1595 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 01:47 - Oct 20 by Groo

It kind of matters to me how brexit happens, how it impacts the economy and our future. But then one of us has skin in that game.

Just getting it done means nothing in itself. It just facilitates the reckless approach of this Govt.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:37 - Oct 20 with 1589 viewslondonlisa2001

I guess the issue is the legislation now being steamrollered through, if that’s what happens, is amendable, which would, if any amendments are successful, require a new agreement with the EU in which case there’s not enough time and an extension will be necessary.

Barely enough time for the deal that exists, let alone if they shove a customs union onto it, which may be possible if the DUP decide that’s better than what they have.

Starmer was talking second referendum again this morning - still not convinced they have the votes for that.

The challenge Johnson has is the great momentum, sweeping all before it in a ‘last minute deal, super Saturday’ wave has been punctured a little. Can he hold everyone together even with a tiny bit more reflection time? Not sure. Some Labour votes he has in a ‘his deal or no deal’ situation, may decide to wait now for something they prefer. And he doesn’t have many votes to play with, if analysis is to be believed. Only about 3 or 4.

Edited to add - assuming JRM is prevented from his nonsense tomorrow of course. Although quite how they can bring forward another vote on something which actually passed yesterday (albeit amended) is beyond me.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 12:40]
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:39 - Oct 20 with 1586 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:33 - Oct 20 by Uxbridge

It kind of matters to me how brexit happens, how it impacts the economy and our future. But then one of us has skin in that game.

Just getting it done means nothing in itself. It just facilitates the reckless approach of this Govt.

There are many here as well who think as groo does. None of it matters any more to them, just that ‘it’ gets done. It is genuinely a cult.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:51 - Oct 20 with 1568 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:39 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

There are many here as well who think as groo does. None of it matters any more to them, just that ‘it’ gets done. It is genuinely a cult.

Oh well aware of that, I know a few of them. We can't talk about it any more. There's simply no consideration or interest on any potential or likely impacts.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:02 - Oct 20 with 1553 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 11:43 - Oct 20 by wobbly

I’m amused by the concept of any minority government, let alone one as bad as Boris’ when it comes to winning votes, steamrollering anything through Parliament. But I take your point.

Yes point taken as well but there does seem to be a majority for the deal now. At least before the raft are amendments that are sure to be made.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:07 - Oct 20 with 1543 viewsunion_jack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 12:39 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

That totally irresponsible attitude has prevailed for some time I’m afraid.

The far reaching consequences of Brexit are enormous and being driven by an English Conservative party interested in self preservation at any cost.

If I were Trampie and Killy, or in fact the SNP, I’d vote for Boris’s deal because they are eventually going to get what they pray for.

Very sad!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:09 - Oct 20 with 1542 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 13:07 - Oct 20 by union_jack

That totally irresponsible attitude has prevailed for some time I’m afraid.

The far reaching consequences of Brexit are enormous and being driven by an English Conservative party interested in self preservation at any cost.

If I were Trampie and Killy, or in fact the SNP, I’d vote for Boris’s deal because they are eventually going to get what they pray for.

Very sad!

Didn’t you vote to leave?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024