Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301442 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:00 - Oct 24 with 1768 viewsWarwickHunt

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:51 - Oct 24 by londonlisa2001

96.5% according to Katya Adler (who admitted that the more precise figure was the ‘German in her’).

Backstop of course replaced with the worst possible outcome that the backstop could ever result in. ‘A triumph’ says Bluey.

October 31st, the date ‘set in stone’ comes and goes - ‘A triumph’ says Bluey.

The ‘best ever deal’ now withdrawn unless opposition parties agree an election - ‘A triumph’ says Bluey.

Farage saying the deal is utter crap and they’ll contest every seat - ‘A triumph’ says Bluey.

DUP gone for good, meaning they have to find another 10 seats, plus the ones they lose in Scotland and London to even stand still ‘A triumph’ says Bluey.

Lol.

Is there such a thing as clinically deluded?
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:02 - Oct 24 with 1758 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:55 - Oct 24 by exiledclaseboy

They don’t want the WA debated until after an election when they hope they’ll have a majority cos they know it’ll be amended is some way they’ll find horrific.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 19:56]

Or Johnson wants a majority big enough to pass a much softer Brexit without having to rely on Mark Francois (heroic though he is for making cups of tea at his local TAs so I’m not mocking him) and his merry gang of fools...

People like bluey are making a heck of an assumption in thinking Johnson wants a hard brexit. He just wants something, anything, to pass. If that means common market 2.0 he’ll go for it. And if the LibDems pick up seats you never know.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:03 - Oct 24 with 1751 viewsLeonWasGod

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 19:51 - Oct 24 by londonlisa2001

96.5% according to Katya Adler (who admitted that the more precise figure was the ‘German in her’).

Backstop of course replaced with the worst possible outcome that the backstop could ever result in. ‘A triumph’ says Bluey.

October 31st, the date ‘set in stone’ comes and goes - ‘A triumph’ says Bluey.

The ‘best ever deal’ now withdrawn unless opposition parties agree an election - ‘A triumph’ says Bluey.

Farage saying the deal is utter crap and they’ll contest every seat - ‘A triumph’ says Bluey.

DUP gone for good, meaning they have to find another 10 seats, plus the ones they lose in Scotland and London to even stand still ‘A triumph’ says Bluey.

Lol.

Now, now. No other PM has managed to affect their majority to such a degree. Credit where it’s due .
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:20 - Oct 24 with 1717 viewslonglostjack

You do have to feel sorry for the EU. They’ve done a deal with two different leaders from the same Party despite being continually vilified by that frigging feckwit Party.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:36 - Oct 24 with 1691 viewsexiledclaseboy

The government is apparently going to down tools if a 12 December election isn’t approved. The Budget is cancelled, the WA legislation will remain “paused” and no other legislation will be put before parliament until Johnson gets his own way.

I wonder if anyone will notice.

Poll: Tory leader

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:37 - Oct 24 with 1687 viewsLohengrin

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:36 - Oct 24 by exiledclaseboy

The government is apparently going to down tools if a 12 December election isn’t approved. The Budget is cancelled, the WA legislation will remain “paused” and no other legislation will be put before parliament until Johnson gets his own way.

I thought they’d downed tools three years ago?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:41 - Oct 24 with 1678 viewswaynekerr55

The saying "when in a hole" rings true here.

At this rate they'll go through the core of the earth, burn through the ozone layer and beat Elon Musk into space

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:43 - Oct 24 with 1674 viewssherpajacob

If Johnson's deal is such a, good one, then it will still be a, good deal in December, January and beyond. Won't it,, so why the hissy fit over scrutiny and delay?

He's just looking like a dodgy double glazing salesman now, "this deal is only available if you sign up today"

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:47 - Oct 24 with 1670 viewsmonmouth

They're going to spend all their time 'campaining for a general election'. They are the Government that has just passed a queens speech that they wanted five weeks to prepare (snigger). If people weren't as thick as treacle and we didn't have Magic Grampa, they wouldn't even come fourth.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:58 - Oct 24 with 1652 viewssherpajacob

Obviously they will comply with all the relevant legislation relating to strike action .

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:06 - Oct 24 with 1631 viewsmonmouth

Actually, on reflection, I think the only logical response is 'good'.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:08 - Oct 24 with 1624 viewslonglostjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 20:41 - Oct 24 by waynekerr55

The saying "when in a hole" rings true here.

At this rate they'll go through the core of the earth, burn through the ozone layer and beat Elon Musk into space

I wonder when Benedict Cumberbatch will do the sequel.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:09 - Oct 24 with 1618 viewsUxbridge

Johnson has been outplayed by Corbyn. Comprehensively. Classic Dom.

I mean, where do you go from that. When the GE happens, probably in the new year, he's just going to be ruined in the campaign with all his screwups get highlighted from both sides. It'll make May's campaign look a masterclass.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:17 - Oct 24 with 1593 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:09 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

Johnson has been outplayed by Corbyn. Comprehensively. Classic Dom.

I mean, where do you go from that. When the GE happens, probably in the new year, he's just going to be ruined in the campaign with all his screwups get highlighted from both sides. It'll make May's campaign look a masterclass.

The reality is that the Brexiteers won’t give a toss.

The election will hinge on the brexit party in some ways. If they campaign against the Tories, they’ll split the vote and we’ll have a hung parliament, with the LibDems and SNP making every decision. Probably second referendum time.

If they back Johnson, the Tories will gain a majority (as Labour will never get their act together with the LibDems). The size of that majority will be all important. Bizarrely, I suspect the bigger the majority the softer the brexit as the ‘one nation’ lot will take over. It’s only if he’s reliant on the ERG fruitcakes that we’ll end up with a harder brexit.

They should (won’t, but should) spend the next week or so getting the deal amended to automatically extend transaction as it’ll take 2 years or more to negotiate a trade deal, remove references in the PD ruling out a customs union and single market, and pass the bloody thing.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:21 - Oct 24 with 1585 viewsLeonWasGod

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:25 - Oct 24 with 1581 viewsmajorraglan

Give Johnson enough rope, if he isn’t prepared to govern, Corbyn does the honourable thing (or is forced to) and steps aside so that a Government of National Unity can be formed under an acceptable candidate. Discussions take place with the EU, if they don’t produce anything meaningful, spell out what’s on offer to the people in a transparent manner then put what’s on offer to the people in a stay or leave vote. It’s the only way. A Tory Party standing on a Deal, v a Brexit Party on No Deal v a Labour Party standing on who knows what could be interesting.

The Conservatives have brought a fair bit of this mess on themselves.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:32 - Oct 24 with 1564 viewsmonmouth

On a side note, my clunge of an MP gets an honourable mention in dispatches.

"David TC Davies also cried bias. But as he is right up there with Chris Grayling as one of the dimmest people in parliament — even the sheep in his Welsh constituency have a higher IQ — not even his fellow Tories paid attention."

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:37 - Oct 24 with 1553 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:17 - Oct 24 by londonlisa2001

The reality is that the Brexiteers won’t give a toss.

The election will hinge on the brexit party in some ways. If they campaign against the Tories, they’ll split the vote and we’ll have a hung parliament, with the LibDems and SNP making every decision. Probably second referendum time.

If they back Johnson, the Tories will gain a majority (as Labour will never get their act together with the LibDems). The size of that majority will be all important. Bizarrely, I suspect the bigger the majority the softer the brexit as the ‘one nation’ lot will take over. It’s only if he’s reliant on the ERG fruitcakes that we’ll end up with a harder brexit.

They should (won’t, but should) spend the next week or so getting the deal amended to automatically extend transaction as it’ll take 2 years or more to negotiate a trade deal, remove references in the PD ruling out a customs union and single market, and pass the bloody thing.

No way Farage backs Johnson now. Their egos are far more important to them than Brexit. It's why I can't see why Labour are so reluctant to go to a GE. Although the longer they delay the weaker Johnson gets.

I still think Brexit is in play. Pass nothing until a GE and then hopefully there's enough for a second ref.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:40 - Oct 24 with 1550 viewslonglostjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:32 - Oct 24 by monmouth

On a side note, my clunge of an MP gets an honourable mention in dispatches.

"David TC Davies also cried bias. But as he is right up there with Chris Grayling as one of the dimmest people in parliament — even the sheep in his Welsh constituency have a higher IQ — not even his fellow Tories paid attention."

I know someone who’s had a fair few dealings with him and swears that he’s as dull as a brush.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:43 - Oct 24 with 1538 viewsmonmouth

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:40 - Oct 24 by longlostjack

I know someone who’s had a fair few dealings with him and swears that he’s as dull as a brush.

I spent a week in his house one night.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:47 - Oct 24 with 1534 viewslonglostjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:43 - Oct 24 by monmouth

I spent a week in his house one night.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:23 - Oct 24 with 1482 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:37 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

No way Farage backs Johnson now. Their egos are far more important to them than Brexit. It's why I can't see why Labour are so reluctant to go to a GE. Although the longer they delay the weaker Johnson gets.

I still think Brexit is in play. Pass nothing until a GE and then hopefully there's enough for a second ref.

I don’t think he will either. But you never know.

Labour are delaying because the polling for after 31st compared to before 31st are so different. And I suspect they think calling it after they’ve made Johnson sit there makes a difference. Plus I think they may, emphasis on may as I don’t think it likely, call a VONC instead and install someone else depending on what the EU do,
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:30 - Oct 24 with 1467 viewsLohengrin

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:23 - Oct 24 by londonlisa2001

Labour are delaying because the polling for after 31st compared to before 31st are so different. And I suspect they think calling it after they’ve made Johnson sit there makes a difference. Plus I think they may, emphasis on may as I don’t think it likely, call a VONC instead and install someone else depending on what the EU do,

All rather like a game being played between competing houses at a boarding school.

The real world intrudes rarely if at all.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:32 - Oct 24 with 1464 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:23 - Oct 24 by londonlisa2001

That's my favoured outcome, but it's very unlikely. It'd rely on the former tories
and they won't ever go for it. Not even now.

I can see the logic in delaying. Uni votes matter a lot to Labour and end of term could really impact those. Johnson weakens by the day and the BxP will strengthen, but never enough to take seats.

All eyes on the EU I guess. A 6 month extension would be ideal. I'm not sure what Johnson is even playing at with his so called offer, it's just given labour an easy out of a December election.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:05 - Oct 25 with 1405 viewsKerouac

'Labour should oppose outsourcing trade policy through a customs union or face severe electoral consequences'
Brendan Chilton is a Labour Councillor from Kent and a former Parliamentary Candidate. He was head of the Labour Leave campaign during the EU Referendum and remains its General Secretary, working closely with the Labour donor John Mills.

"This week Parliament began debating the Government’s legislation in respect of the Withdrawal Agreement. The Agreement itself has divided the eurosceptic movement, with some expressing deep concern over the status of Northern Ireland and other aspects of the Treaty.

While the legislation has been paused following the defeat last night of the progamme motion, one amendment that had already been tabled to the Bill is seeking to maintain a customs union with the European Union. Supported by MPs across the House it, if passed it would result in the United Kingdom being bound to European customs arrangements after we leave the European Union. This is not what the British people voted for in the 2016 referendum. The whole of the eurosceptic movement is opposed to it.

If support for a customs union is passed, then the decision of the British people to leave the EU is not respected. It would deprive this country of its ability to strike its own trade deals and would continue to place financial pressure on the national cake through its membership costs. Furthermore, it would mean that in the future, a British government, whether Labour or Tory, would not be in control of this country’s trade policy.

Strategically, it would place the United Kingdom on a chessboard. We would become a pawn-able, to be used by the Commission in any negotiation as leverage against third countries. Our assets, policy, industry, commerce, public services etc could be used in negotiations with other countries and we would be powerless to prevent their loss.

A customs union is an exclusive barrier built around its members. It means that tariffs are placed on goods entering that customs union. The majority of MPs in the House of Commons want to see the Developing World lifted out of poverty and brought into parallel in terms of living standards and economic prosperity with the rest of Europe. A customs union would have exactly the opposite effect and would place additional hardships on those countries, many of which are in the British Commonwealth and to whom we owe a special social responsibility. If Labour is truly an internationalist party that believes in the solidarity among peoples around the world then we should be tearing down walls and barriers, not erecting them between privileged Europe against the rest of the world.

There are many reasons why a customs union would not be appropriate for the United Kingdom after we leave the EU. But for no other reason Labour should not support this because seventy percent of Labour’s constituencies voted to leave the EU — and between four and five million 2017 Labour voters supported the decision to leave the EU.

In order to win the next general election, Labour must win seats from all parties, but the bulk of those seats we need to win voted Leave by a very significant margin. Seeking to maintain British membership of the customs union would not ensure Labour is able to gain the support of those voters when the election comes. If Labour MPs continue to support amendments that seek to hinder the progress of Brexit or water it down, we will face the consequences at the ballot box from an already angry public.

The customs union is indeed an anti-socialist model. Labour rightly wishes to intervene in whole sections of the economy, from public ownership of utilities and rail, and a redistributive economic policy, to ending the outsourcing of public services to the private sector. Yet if Labour were to support a customs union we would in effect be outsourcing our trade policy to a body over which we have no control or influence; namely the European Commission. In order to fund our public programme we need to secure competitive trade deals to increase the revenue to the Exchequer. We could not implement our manifesto to the full if a customs union amendment were passed.

The whole process of leaving the EU has been challenging. The British people are now becoming increasingly frustrated and angry with politicians in Westminster. Support for a customs union would certainly increase their anger and frustration and it would certainly compel the Government to delay our leaving further as Brussels would surely need to consent to an amendment to the deal agreed by Parliament. A clean-break Brexit is the best possible outcome for the United Kingdom and so consequently, MPs from all sides of the House of Commons should reject the customs union amendment when the division bell sounds."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024