Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301141 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Remoaner,losers . on 10:49 - Dec 4 with 1241 viewstrampie

Remoaner,losers . on 10:27 - Dec 4 by felixstowe_jack

That is the point the people who wanted to abolish the Welsh Assembly were not given that choice on the ballot paper.

Give more power to Welsh Assembly
Keep the welsh Assembly as it is

Why was the third choice
Abolish the Assembly not on the referendum paper.

Only 24 % of the electoral register supported giving the Welsh Assembly more power.

Nothing fundamental had changed, the Welsh Assembly was voted in by a majority of voters with the majority of people eligible to vote voting.
Then more powers were voted for by a near 2:1 majority 14 years later, there is no evidence or change event to warrant an abolish the Welsh Senedd referendum unlike in Scotland that voted to remain in the EU and are now going to be pulled out against their wishes.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Remoaner,losers . on 11:18 - Dec 4 with 1225 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Remoaner,losers . on 10:49 - Dec 4 by trampie

Nothing fundamental had changed, the Welsh Assembly was voted in by a majority of voters with the majority of people eligible to vote voting.
Then more powers were voted for by a near 2:1 majority 14 years later, there is no evidence or change event to warrant an abolish the Welsh Senedd referendum unlike in Scotland that voted to remain in the EU and are now going to be pulled out against their wishes.

The referendum was a UK referendum and the UK voted to leave. As did England and Wales. In a national referendum you can have different consistencies staying in or leaving.

Just as I can't say that because labour vote in Wales fell by 8% and pc by .5% n 2019 general election that the welsh people are fed up with the people who run the Welsh Assembly

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Remoaner,losers . on 12:04 - Dec 4 with 1217 viewstrampie

Remoaner,losers . on 11:18 - Dec 4 by felixstowe_jack

The referendum was a UK referendum and the UK voted to leave. As did England and Wales. In a national referendum you can have different consistencies staying in or leaving.

Just as I can't say that because labour vote in Wales fell by 8% and pc by .5% n 2019 general election that the welsh people are fed up with the people who run the Welsh Assembly

You think the people of Wales want and should have a vote to see if they want to abolish the Senedd ?, is that what you are saying ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Remoaner,losers . on 13:35 - Dec 4 with 1193 viewsCatullus

Remoaner,losers . on 12:04 - Dec 4 by trampie

You think the people of Wales want and should have a vote to see if they want to abolish the Senedd ?, is that what you are saying ?

I've said that several times. I'm all for the debate on independence and having a vote but the vote should include every option to see what the people of Wales really want.

Those options could be

A, independence
B, Stay as we are now
C, Remain in the union but devolve more powers
D, Remain but with less powers
E, Abolish devolution

That'd be democracy in action Tramps, giving people a genuine choice and not just the choice the Nationalists or Senedd want to give us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Remoaner,losers . on 14:15 - Dec 4 with 1177 viewstrampie

Remoaner,losers . on 13:35 - Dec 4 by Catullus

I've said that several times. I'm all for the debate on independence and having a vote but the vote should include every option to see what the people of Wales really want.

Those options could be

A, independence
B, Stay as we are now
E, Abolish devolution

That'd be democracy in action Tramps, giving people a genuine choice and not just the choice the Nationalists or Senedd want to give us.

Referendums in this country are nearly always/always a binary choice, not a multi choice, in your senario what would greater or lesser powers look like and the winning selection is very likely to have less than 50% of the vote which would be problematic.

Remoaner,losers . on 18:06 - Dec 4 with 1154 viewsKilkennyjack

Those options could be

A, independence
B, Stay as we are now
E, Abolish devolution

Rubbish.

We vote on a single issue - do you want wales to be an independent nation ? Yes or no.

After the yes vote, then politics kicks in and you can argue your case.
Imagine being welsh and feeling your vote mattered.

We vote Welsh Labour and get English Tory governments. Enough.

Imagine spending our money on our childrens health and education, rather than bombs for far off lands, and tax breaks for the super rich.

Beware of the Risen People

Remoaner,losers . on 18:21 - Dec 4 with 1147 viewstrampie

I don't think Catullus has thought it through Kilkenny, for instance Independence could win the vote beating both lesser powers and abolish, yet lesser powers and abolish could get more than 50% of the vote combined, I wonder what Catullus would have to say about that if I came to pass ?, lol.

The Welsh Parliament is here to stay.

Remoaner,losers . on 18:46 - Dec 4 with 1138 viewsCatullus

I have thought it through that's why I said COULD be. Kilkeeny wouldn't allow an opportunity to reverse devolution.

How about this then, the choice becomes yes or no to indy first. Then if no to keep or abolish devolution, if it's keep the thee following options which are the other 3 selections I put.

It's not that hard really but the staunchly pro independence mob would never accept a chance of abolishing the Senedd.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Remoaner,losers . on 19:37 - Dec 4 with 1123 viewstrampie

They tend to give the public a binary choice for sound reasons Catullus.

Remoaner,losers . on 19:48 - Dec 4 with 1116 viewsCatullus

Remoaner,losers . on 10:49 - Dec 4 by trampie

Well it was a non binding referendum....where have I heard that before?

It's the way our democracy works but still, it's disappointing that such a referendum is carried through on such a small turn out, less than 36%. Maybe that's a sign of how irrelevant or even unwanted the Senedd is when not much more than a third bother voting.

Remoaner,losers . on 19:52 - Dec 4 with 1113 viewstrampie

That was a reasonable turnout for such a vote actually.

Remoaner,losers . on 21:25 - Dec 4 with 1101 viewsCatullus

Remoaner,losers . on 19:52 - Dec 4 by trampie

That was a reasonable turnout for such a vote actually.

Not it's not reasonable, it's rubbish and just a symptom of thepublic disconnect with politics.

It's where I agree with many remainers, though brexit passed the threshold I'd be in favour of. I reckon in any referendum at least 51% need to have voted.

The senedd referendum saw what. 520,000 people vote for something and get their way. That's one sixth of the population of which there are over 2.3 million registered voters. So less than a quarter of registered voters got what they wanted. Our democracy is sick and needs a health boost, we need more people to take notice and have their say.

Remoaner,losers . on 21:41 - Dec 4 with 1091 viewsmajorraglan

Remoaner,losers . on 21:25 - Dec 4 by Catullus

Not it's not reasonable, it's rubbish and just a symptom of thepublic disconnect with politics.

It's where I agree with many remainers, though brexit passed the threshold I'd be in favour of. I reckon in any referendum at least 51% need to have voted.

The senedd referendum saw what. 520,000 people vote for something and get their way. That's one sixth of the population of which there are over 2.3 million registered voters. So less than a quarter of registered voters got what they wanted. Our democracy is sick and needs a health boost, we need more people to take notice and have their say.

You can flip that and argue that majority were either in favour or neutral towards i it andvcertainly certainly not against it because the “No” vote lost.
Remoaner,losers . on 21:48 - Dec 4 with 1087 viewsCatullus

Remoaner,losers . on 21:41 - Dec 4 by majorraglan

You can flip that and argue that majority were either in favour or neutral towards i it andvcertainly certainly not against it because the “No” vote lost.

Unless people vote we cannot know how they would have voted. All things are possible. My argument isn't that the no vote would have won but simply thattoo many people don't bother voting.
If you don't vote, even if that means spoiling a ballot as a protest, you give up your right to complain. If you feel strongly about something, use your vote.

Remoaner,losers . on 21:55 - Dec 4 with 1083 viewstrampie

Remoaner,losers . on 21:25 - Dec 4 by Catullus

Its a tried and tested system, since voting is not compulsory in this country.the winner of virtually all elections will get less than 50% of all registered voters.
So you are questioning virtually every election we have ever had.

Remoaner,losers . on 08:29 - Dec 5 with 1049 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Those options could be

A, independence
B, Stay as we are now
E, Abolish devolution

Well said but the few narrow minded people on here don't want to give the people of Wales any choice other than their own.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Remoaner,losers . on 12:18 - Dec 5 with 1025 viewstrampie

Remoaner,losers . on 08:29 - Dec 5 by felixstowe_jack

Well said but the few narrow minded people on here don't want to give the people of Wales any choice other than their own.

Those five selections on a ballot paper would be (or at least should be) unworkable for the reasons I outlined.

Remoaner,losers . on 13:43 - Dec 5 with 1001 viewsCatullus

Remoaner,losers . on 12:18 - Dec 5 by trampie

Those five selections on a ballot paper would be (or at least should be) unworkable for the reasons I outlined.

In answer to this post, what about my revised question? Is that also unworkable?

Then in answer to something you posted earlier,

"Nothing fundamental had changed, the Welsh Assembly was voted in by a majority of voters with the majority of people eligible to vote voting"

Why tell a lie, as already said, the turnout was 36%, less actually.

If you're only going to alow a binary choice then it makes sense to first ask if we want to keep devolution or ditch it. No point in asking other questions if it turned out we'd get rid. Would you agree Trampie? Or is your opinion a multi answer referendum is unworkable only part of the denial of true choice for the people of Wales?

Remoaner,losers . on 14:56 - Dec 5 with 990 viewstrampie

Remoaner,losers . on 13:43 - Dec 5 by Catullus

In answer to this post, what about my revised question? Is that also unworkable?

Then in answer to something you posted earlier,

"Nothing fundamental had changed, the Welsh Assembly was voted in by a majority of voters with the majority of people eligible to vote voting"

Why tell a lie, as already said, the turnout was 36%, less actually.

If you're only going to alow a binary choice then it makes sense to first ask if we want to keep devolution or ditch it. No point in asking other questions if it turned out we'd get rid. Would you agree Trampie? Or is your opinion a multi answer referendum is unworkable only part of the denial of true choice for the people of Wales?

The turnout was over 50% when the Welsh Assembly was created.

There is not enough evidence to merit having a Welsh independence vote at this point in time and there is not enough evidence to merit calling for an abolish the Senedd vote at this point in time either.

Remoaner,losers . on 20:42 - Dec 5 with 946 viewsCatullus

Remoaner,losers . on 14:56 - Dec 5 by trampie

The turnout was over 50% when the Welsh Assembly was created.

There is not enough evidence to merit having a Welsh independence vote at this point in time and there is not enough evidence to merit calling for an abolish the Senedd vote at this point in time either.

It was a 50.22% turnout with a .3% winning margin, less than 7000 votes. Less than 560,000 people wanted devolution out of a registered electorate of over 2.2 million.

Basically about around one quarter of the Welsh electorate voted yes (actually it's about 15000 more than one quarter) showing that most of Wales hardly cared about devolution from the beginning. The interest has hardly gone up since.

I guess we'll see, maybe Awan-Scully is right,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-51510076

Remoaner,losers . on 20:51 - Dec 5 with 941 viewstrampie

I told you there was over a 50% turnout when the Welsh Assembly was created.

What did the Conservatives get as a percentage of all possible eligible voters at the last General Election Catullus ?

Remoaner,losers . on 21:59 - Dec 5 with 919 viewsCatullus

Remoaner,losers . on 20:51 - Dec 5 by trampie

I told you there was over a 50% turnout when the Welsh Assembly was created.

What did the Conservatives get as a percentage of all possible eligible voters at the last General Election Catullus ?

There were a little over 47 million registered voters and Bojo's party got about 27% of them I think.

Our electoral system needs changing. It's past it's sell by date. We had a vote on that though and said no so I have to accept it.

Remoaner,losers . on 07:38 - Dec 6 with 878 viewstrampie

Remoaner,losers . on 21:59 - Dec 5 by Catullus

There were a little over 47 million registered voters and Bojo's party got about 27% of them I think.

Our electoral system needs changing. It's past it's sell by date. We had a vote on that though and said no so I have to accept it.

Exactly, so stop moaning about Welsh elections and referendums when the same thing applies to all elections across the UK including General Elections you are implying that every vote we have ever had in the UK is invalid, voting is not compulsory in this country and as as regards elections involving political parties we have several choices so the winning party is always likely to have quite a small percentage when looking at total eligible votes.

Remoaner,losers . on 10:51 - Dec 6 with 839 viewsCatullus

Remoaner,losers . on 07:38 - Dec 6 by trampie

Exactly, so stop moaning about Welsh elections and referendums when the same thing applies to all elections across the UK including General Elections you are implying that every vote we have ever had in the UK is invalid, voting is not compulsory in this country and as as regards elections involving political parties we have several choices so the winning party is always likely to have quite a small percentage when looking at total eligible votes.

I haven't moaned about the General election because the turnout was well over 50%. In fact wasn't it 67%?
The lowest General Election turnoutis 57.2%, over half the electorate voted so that's fine. Like I've said, it's when below 50% bother voting there's a problem. I know people who moan about the government, friends who are always moaning but never vote.

It's a really sad state when only around one third of the electorate bother. Thts why I also say the ballot should have another box, for the protest voter. Put none of the above" in and we'd see how many politicians got rejected!

Remoaner,losers . on 11:17 - Dec 6 with 833 viewstrampie

Remoaner,losers . on 10:51 - Dec 6 by Catullus

I haven't moaned about the General election because the turnout was well over 50%. In fact wasn't it 67%?
The lowest General Election turnoutis 57.2%, over half the electorate voted so that's fine. Like I've said, it's when below 50% bother voting there's a problem. I know people who moan about the government, friends who are always moaning but never vote.

It's a really sad state when only around one third of the electorate bother. Thts why I also say the ballot should have another box, for the protest voter. Put none of the above" in and we'd see how many politicians got rejected!

Outside General Elections and major votes often 50% is not achieved, but because everybody has the chance to vote then the vote is seen as legit.

I was delighted being an election watcher when the home team won the Welsh Assembly vote in 97 with over 50% of eligible voters voting as I thought it very important at the time (although I don't remember it getting much coverage, if it had been under 50% I'm sure it would have had coverage) but as regards granting more powers that type of vote is never going to get over 50% turnout, in fact I think it was a very good turnout when it came to that vote to be honest.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024