Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dug out 18:47 - Nov 11 with 3530 viewsSwanzay

Our managers always watch the match from the dug out, but after currently watching the Welsh Rugby friendly, where management tend to watch the game from a box in the stand and feed back..

Does anyone know who actually watches our matches from the stands for a different perspective (Horror show) and feeds back to PC, HJ and MM aside?
The dug out on 19:03 - Nov 11 with 3490 viewsairedale

I think that you get a better perspective of what's occurring from on high personally. If I was at ground level I wouldn't know what was going on.

Maybe its better to be on high in rugby?
The dug out on 19:51 - Nov 11 with 3412 viewsjasper_T

The sports science undergrad nephews and interns get a special suite.
The dug out on 21:00 - Nov 11 with 3355 viewsunion_jack

The dug out on 19:03 - Nov 11 by airedale

I think that you get a better perspective of what's occurring from on high personally. If I was at ground level I wouldn't know what was going on.

Maybe its better to be on high in rugby?

Not so easy to communicate with players though which football needs more than rugby.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The dug out on 21:23 - Nov 11 with 3331 viewsoldcob

The dug out on 21:00 - Nov 11 by union_jack

Not so easy to communicate with players though which football needs more than rugby.

Might be better if our bench couldn't be heard I think. Can you imagine the things PC calls out to the players?
"Now don't go passing the ball forward into the oppositions half, there's none of our boys up there"
"When you get a free kick round about the half-way always pass it back to the back four so they can pass it all along the line, and if not in trouble by then attempt to pass it all the way back again, we should be in trouble by then so somebody can put an aimless big hoof up field"
"Now, when we have a throw-in all stand dead still and let the thrower-in throw it to the opposition"
"When we do get the ball up field let Tammy fight for it on his own, he's a big enough boy, and when he loses it we can all shout "Unlucky Tammy".

It's how it seems at the moment boys and girls.
The dug out on 22:01 - Nov 11 with 3294 viewsunion_jack

The dug out on 21:23 - Nov 11 by oldcob

Might be better if our bench couldn't be heard I think. Can you imagine the things PC calls out to the players?
"Now don't go passing the ball forward into the oppositions half, there's none of our boys up there"
"When you get a free kick round about the half-way always pass it back to the back four so they can pass it all along the line, and if not in trouble by then attempt to pass it all the way back again, we should be in trouble by then so somebody can put an aimless big hoof up field"
"Now, when we have a throw-in all stand dead still and let the thrower-in throw it to the opposition"
"When we do get the ball up field let Tammy fight for it on his own, he's a big enough boy, and when he loses it we can all shout "Unlucky Tammy".

Well now you come to mention it, you're right!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The dug out on 18:14 - Nov 13 with 3072 viewswhiterock

Slightly different but why have the covers been disguarded this season
The dug out on 19:32 - Nov 13 with 2994 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have been advocating this for years.
It doesn't have to be the Manager and it could even be a video link.
It is easier to see positional problems from up there than down on the line.
The dug out on 19:36 - Nov 13 with 2988 viewsmonmouth

The dug out on 21:23 - Nov 11 by oldcob

Well the last point’s not true because they’re all too far away for Tam to hear.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2017 19:36]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The dug out on 19:40 - Nov 13 with 2974 viewsShonky

The dug out on 18:14 - Nov 13 by whiterock

Slightly different but why have the covers been disguarded this season

disguarded

Its just a ride...

The dug out on 19:43 - Nov 13 with 2964 viewsGaryjack

The dug out on 19:36 - Nov 13 by monmouth

Well the last point’s not true because they’re all too far away for Tam to hear.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2017 19:36]

Just before Watfords second a few games back (The Mesa and Mawson horror show), you can clearly hear Clement shouting over and over "Keep working, keep working"! Technical stuff eh!
The dug out on 19:46 - Nov 13 with 2957 viewsKGriz16

I preferred Guidolin's kneeling down to observe game stance. How I miss that man. I'm not 'appy.
N/A. on 20:32 - Nov 13 with 2902 viewsHuw57

The dug out on 19:51 - Nov 11 by jasper_T

The sports science undergrad nephews and interns get a special suite.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 4:59]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The dug out on 21:00 - Nov 13 with 2873 viewsEbo

Didn't Martinez do this with Graeme Jones? Roberto would be in the dugout 1st half with his sidekick up in the stand.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The dug out on 21:14 - Nov 13 with 2863 viewsDewi1jack

The dug out on 21:00 - Nov 13 by Ebo

Didn't Martinez do this with Graeme Jones? Roberto would be in the dugout 1st half with his sidekick up in the stand.

Wasn't that to stop him tw@ing away fans?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The dug out on 21:54 - Nov 13 with 2829 viewsvetchonian

Curt used to watch the game from the concourse in BrendNs days

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The dug out on 22:40 - Nov 13 with 2766 viewsSwanzay

Leon's new position....
The dug out on 09:56 - Nov 14 with 2651 viewsLoyal

The dug out on 22:40 - Nov 13 by Swanzay

Leon's new position....

Its pretty obvious really why Leon got the job. He is so small he has a different perspective. Not sure why anyone hasn't picked up on this before.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The dug out on 10:02 - Nov 14 with 2644 viewsjackal

While we're on the subject of dug-outs, does anyone know why the roofs have been removed from the ones at the Liberty?

They're all there just sitting in the rain.
The dug out on 10:04 - Nov 14 with 2639 viewstrampie

I would not say that is the case.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The dug out on 10:06 - Nov 14 with 2636 viewsGeoffThom

Can remember tosh standing on the north bank to watch the game from a higher perspective. The dug out in manure is elevated on purpose for this you can't see a game properly from pitch level
The dug out on 10:15 - Nov 14 with 2622 viewsjack247

That’s all it is. You get a much better perspective from higher up.

Managers need to be in a position to give players instructions on the fly in football, not so much in rugby.
The dug out on 17:18 - Nov 14 with 2497 viewsSTID2017

In the 1990's and early 2000's, I used to frequently sit in the East Stand at the Vetch and often saw our old Scout (can't remember his name - think he was a Swansea goalkeeper's dad) sitting a few seats away taking notes on what was happening down below.
Personally can't understand why a coach doesn't sit in the middle of the Liberty's West Stand to get a better perspective on what's happening and link up with our manager
Edit - was it Ron Walton ?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 17:21]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The dug out on 17:20 - Nov 14 with 2494 viewsjasper_T

The dug out on 17:18 - Nov 14 by STID2017

In the 1990's and early 2000's, I used to frequently sit in the East Stand at the Vetch and often saw our old Scout (can't remember his name - think he was a Swansea goalkeeper's dad) sitting a few seats away taking notes on what was happening down below.
Personally can't understand why a coach doesn't sit in the middle of the Liberty's West Stand to get a better perspective on what's happening and link up with our manager
Edit - was it Ron Walton ?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 17:21]

Seats are comfier in the dugout when you fancy a kip.
The dug out on 17:30 - Nov 14 with 2481 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don’t think Rob Howley is analysing anything on his laptop.

Gatland has him playing solitaire to keep him amused and out of the way.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024