Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Xmas adverts far too early this year? 19:23 - Nov 11 with 4915 viewsdickythorpe

It seems Xmas comes around too quickly to me. All these ads are way too early. I understand businesses need to make money but it was never like this in the 80's or 90's when the economy was in a similar poor state.
It puts pressure on all, especially the poor.
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 19:27 - Nov 11 with 2747 viewsjack_lord

I agree with the pressure and the poor and a lot of people are in the gap and the media will keep on pressing and people will borrow because they feel they have to.

My wife raised her eyes and said it really isn't that far away and the way my rota works we are about to start the Christmas section :(

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 19:34 - Nov 11 with 2729 viewsSwanjaxs

Dicky.... if you think that the Xmas adverts come on far too early (and I agree) can you please explain this to Mrs swanjaxs who's been glued to the CHRISTMAS24 channel for the past 3 weeks? ...... Good luck 🎄🎅

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 19:36 - Nov 11 with 2732 viewsNaughty71

Early? Jeepers, I have been involved in the Christmas planning for our staffing and workload since June!

Pity me. Please.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 19:47 - Nov 11 with 2714 viewsN_T_J

I love all the build up to Xmas, adverts, songs ect.
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 19:51 - Nov 11 with 2708 viewsWarwickHunt

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 19:47 - Nov 11 by N_T_J

I love all the build up to Xmas, adverts, songs ect.

Fückin' weirdo.
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 19:54 - Nov 11 with 2694 viewsN_T_J

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 19:51 - Nov 11 by WarwickHunt

Fückin' weirdo.

Why?
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:04 - Nov 11 with 2669 viewsoldcob

We can all tell when its Christmas, the Easter eggs are in the shops.
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:07 - Nov 11 with 2665 viewsWarwickHunt

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 19:54 - Nov 11 by N_T_J

Why?

Abuse reported??

You soppy, turkey-munching cûnt.
Login to get fewer ads

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:16 - Nov 11 with 2645 viewsFlashberryjack

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 19:51 - Nov 11 by WarwickHunt

Fückin' weirdo.

The John Lewis Christmas add cost £7 million.........f*ck me!

With that amount, you could buy half a Sam Clucas, and still have change left over.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2017 20:17]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:27 - Nov 11 with 2618 viewsSwanjaxs

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:07 - Nov 11 by WarwickHunt

Abuse reported??

You soppy, turkey-munching cûnt.

Jesus even a thread about Christmas adverts is turning nasty 😯 I blame this stupid international break 😣

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:29 - Nov 11 with 2624 viewslondonlisa2001

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:16 - Nov 11 by Flashberryjack

With that amount, you could buy half a Sam Clucas, and still have change left over.

I'm not being precious, or at least I'm not trying to be, as I absolutely love Christmas and all the build up to it (for the last couple of weeks at least as it starts too early).

But I honestly read that yesterday and watched the advert, and I couldn't help but think that it would have been absolutely lovely to have a black screen for 30 seconds, with the words:

"John Lewis Partnership has donated £7m to Great Ormond Street Hospital. We wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and we are thinking of those who will find Christmas really difficult this year".

Perhaps I'm being stupid, I don't know, but it's what I genuinely believe.
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:33 - Nov 11 with 2600 viewsSwanjaxs

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:29 - Nov 11 by londonlisa2001

I'm not being precious, or at least I'm not trying to be, as I absolutely love Christmas and all the build up to it (for the last couple of weeks at least as it starts too early).

But I honestly read that yesterday and watched the advert, and I couldn't help but think that it would have been absolutely lovely to have a black screen for 30 seconds, with the words:

"John Lewis Partnership has donated £7m to Great Ormond Street Hospital. We wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and we are thinking of those who will find Christmas really difficult this year".

Soppy bugger! .... but I 100% agree 👍

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:40 - Nov 11 with 2581 viewsWarwickHunt

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:27 - Nov 11 by Swanjaxs

Jesus even a thread about Christmas adverts is turning nasty 😯 I blame this stupid international break 😣

Jesus? Did you have to bring religion into it?
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:45 - Nov 11 with 2569 viewscmajack

What a great idea that would be. I for one would be hugely grateful to John Lewis if they did that. What really annoys me is when huge pop stars release charity records and expect ordinary people to spend their hard earned money . If they are really concerned about famine in Africa or whatever other charity they are singing for donate the money yourselves.
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:50 - Nov 11 with 2555 viewsFlashberryjack

Hey don't get me wrong Lisa, I love Christmas probably just as much as you, but my point was a company spending £7 million on a Christmas advert to be a little obscene, and rather than come over as some kind of humbug.

So I thought I'd add th "Clucus" bit for a little topical humour (of course the Great Ormond donation puts it in a different light, which I was unaware of)

And if I'm honest, I'm not fussed on the add it self, but that's just my opinion, as I'm sure some will agree with me and others will love it, just like you.

Hello

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:50 - Nov 11 with 2554 viewslondonlisa2001

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:45 - Nov 11 by cmajack

What a great idea that would be. I for one would be hugely grateful to John Lewis if they did that. What really annoys me is when huge pop stars release charity records and expect ordinary people to spend their hard earned money . If they are really concerned about famine in Africa or whatever other charity they are singing for donate the money yourselves.

They could all do it. John Lewis, M&S, all the supermarkets, everyone.

They'd raise £100m in what it's cost to do the ads.

No one shops at Tesco vs Sainsbury vs Waitrose vs Aldi depending on the Christmas ad. You shop where you always shop.
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:52 - Nov 11 with 2549 viewslondonlisa2001

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:50 - Nov 11 by Flashberryjack

Hey don't get me wrong Lisa, I love Christmas probably just as much as you, but my point was a company spending £7 million on a Christmas advert to be a little obscene, and rather than come over as some kind of humbug.

So I thought I'd add th "Clucus" bit for a little topical humour (of course the Great Ormond donation puts it in a different light, which I was unaware of)

And if I'm honest, I'm not fussed on the add it self, but that's just my opinion, as I'm sure some will agree with me and others will love it, just like you.

I think you've misunderstood my point.
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:53 - Nov 11 with 2542 viewscmajack

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:50 - Nov 11 by londonlisa2001

No one shops at Tesco vs Sainsbury vs Waitrose vs Aldi depending on the Christmas ad. You shop where you always shop.

Can't argue with any of that
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 21:00 - Nov 11 with 2527 viewsFlashberryjack

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:52 - Nov 11 by londonlisa2001

I think you've misunderstood my point.

Ah! silly me, and I'm only on my second glass of red after my Chicken Shashlik.

Hello

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 21:43 - Nov 11 with 2496 viewsjack_lord

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:50 - Nov 11 by londonlisa2001

Mostly though if I see something in the ads that I fancy then it will get me in, apart from Waitrose.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 23:49 - Nov 11 with 2443 viewsBirchgrovejack

Normally there's a few around this time of year. This year though all of a sudden it's like every company has it's ads out and they all seem to portray some sentimental story to pull at heart strings.
I like Christmas mind. Just seems to spoil it when it's become so commercial
Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 00:16 - Nov 12 with 2429 viewsJack_Meoff

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 20:16 - Nov 11 by Flashberryjack

£7 million pounds?! How much was that monster’s hourly rate then?!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 06:06 - Nov 12 with 2378 viewsCooperman

Spot on Lisa.

It would have been a marketing success story for them and a windfall for a nominated charity.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 09:11 - Nov 12 with 2328 viewsjackportis

I watch these adverts with great pride, take the Tesco advert. “All welcome” being the theme. It shows groups of people mainly ethnics all sitting around enjoying themselves smiling, caring and so on ( just like real life community harmony) At the end it shows a white middle aged slob being asked if he wants a turkey sandwich. I feel that Tesco is sending out a political message here. Are they saying All welcome to their shops or country. I also note it was great to see last week the adverts played in the break between coronation street not one white person featured in the half dozen features. I am also aware KFC now show an ethnic being served by a white person. This is great and about time.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Xmas adverts far too early this year? on 10:26 - Nov 12 with 2293 viewsLoyal

The main populous of this country are in General need of being led, they require being told what to do and How to do it. These sad fecks mostly and generally are the needy stains that offer little, they put fcking Xmas decorations all over their free house, wobble around asda with trolleys full of cheap tac, they make up the obese and lazy of the country that the NHS have to maintain. With little effort to improve their health they fill their faces with pizza, microwave meals and prescription drugs for made up ailments with little thought to the cost as they pay for nothing other than lager and chocolate.
A responsible person wouldn't allow themselves to be derailed by conglomerates taking them for their free money paid for by the working populous. Our only hope is that they don't check their Xmas lights and the majority suffer the effects of their fat lazy lives or they just combust in to a vat of human fat that can be fed to Syrians or used drop over Calais.
Conversely Xmas is a special time for many, and even useless people with no mental ability to understand a great deal will have a wonderful time with family and friends.
Before kicking fck out of each other in domestic disputes on boxing day of course.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024