Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon - coaching staff 11:55 - Nov 12 with 10231 viewsQJumpingJack

The Sun on Sunday are claiming that Leon is set to join the coaching set up with Clem.
Cameron Toshack also possibly joining.
Leon - coaching staff on 11:57 - Nov 12 with 4046 viewsItchySphincter

That's Leon's coaching career over then.

Cusack anyone?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leon - coaching staff on 12:03 - Nov 12 with 4020 viewsQJumpingJack

Feels like it is could be the wrong time for Leon.

This squad is hopeless.

It also smells of the last days of Laudrup with the club telling the manager who the coaching staff should be.
Leon - coaching staff on 12:08 - Nov 12 with 4006 viewsWingstandwood

That would not surprise me because that screams 'PR stunt.....diversionary tactic.....hearts and mind initiative.....emotional blackmail.. A subtle tactic to stop dissent/unrest’.
I’m not against Leon input/presence but if it does happen, the precise timing would sort of say it’s more about subduing supporter revolt and growing anger than it is about the team. Many would say Leon should have been brought in earlier in fact!

Argus!

Leon - coaching staff on 12:18 - Nov 12 with 3951 viewsdonkonky

Leon - coaching staff on 12:08 - Nov 12 by Wingstandwood

That would not surprise me because that screams 'PR stunt.....diversionary tactic.....hearts and mind initiative.....emotional blackmail.. A subtle tactic to stop dissent/unrest’.
I’m not against Leon input/presence but if it does happen, the precise timing would sort of say it’s more about subduing supporter revolt and growing anger than it is about the team. Many would say Leon should have been brought in earlier in fact!

I’ve had a gut feeling for a while that our next management team would include a promotion for Toshack with Leon as no 2. He’s doing his coaching badges at present I think.
It’s the obvious next step if PC is sacked. Toshack/Leon caretakers. Get relegated and they are in place rebuild the so called ‘Swansea way’ in the championship. Stay up and get the plaudits for turning the season around.
Leon - coaching staff on 12:19 - Nov 12 with 3944 viewsmonmouth

Leon - coaching staff on 12:18 - Nov 12 by donkonky

I’ve had a gut feeling for a while that our next management team would include a promotion for Toshack with Leon as no 2. He’s doing his coaching badges at present I think.
It’s the obvious next step if PC is sacked. Toshack/Leon caretakers. Get relegated and they are in place rebuild the so called ‘Swansea way’ in the championship. Stay up and get the plaudits for turning the season around.

Badges, yay.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leon - coaching staff on 12:23 - Nov 12 with 3935 viewsDr_Winston

I'm against people being parachuted straight into coaching positions with the first team based on who they are rather than their experience or ability. You'd think we'd have learned that lesson by now.

No problem with Leon doing what Tate is by working with the kids to begin with.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leon - coaching staff on 12:25 - Nov 12 with 3912 viewsNeathJack

Screams to me of The Sun filling column inches with guesswork and nonsense.
Leon - coaching staff on 12:27 - Nov 12 with 3904 viewsdonkonky

Leon - coaching staff on 12:23 - Nov 12 by Dr_Winston

I'm against people being parachuted straight into coaching positions with the first team based on who they are rather than their experience or ability. You'd think we'd have learned that lesson by now.

No problem with Leon doing what Tate is by working with the kids to begin with.

Yet without fast tracking Martinez we probably wouldn’t be a Premiership club today.
Login to get fewer ads

Leon - coaching staff on 12:31 - Nov 12 with 3880 viewsKilkennyjack

And former postie Gary waggy Richards i would think ... works with young Tosh. They are a pair.

Beware of the Risen People

Leon - coaching staff on 12:35 - Nov 12 with 3864 viewsPrivate_Partz

History repeating itself?
It was one of Huw's tactics for ousting Laudrup.
Force new assistants on Clem and hope he walks. Paving the way for Cameron, Leon and Curt.
All yes men, all low pay. Plus none of this pesky having to go out and find managers who are likely to want to have a a bigger say then working under a DOF with no qualifications for the job whatsoever.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Leon - coaching staff on 12:36 - Nov 12 with 3855 viewsDr_Winston

Leon - coaching staff on 12:27 - Nov 12 by donkonky

Yet without fast tracking Martinez we probably wouldn’t be a Premiership club today.

If we were still in League One then it'd be less of an issue.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leon - coaching staff on 12:44 - Nov 12 with 3809 viewsIAN05

Good to see that we have scoured the market place to get the best possible people. 🤔
Leon - coaching staff on 12:51 - Nov 12 with 3769 viewsdonkonky

Leon - coaching staff on 12:36 - Nov 12 by Dr_Winston

Agreed. No easy solution to finding the next successor. Only hope that the main priority for whoever takes us forward is to play a more expansive and exciting brand of football. I really hope that PC can get us out of this downward spiral of poor form but I can’t see it myself. Players look terrified at the moment. That said I really think that Toshack jnr will have a big career ahead, with us or elsewhere.
Leon - coaching staff on 12:54 - Nov 12 with 3754 viewsDr_Winston

Problem is it's all just rearranging deckchairs.

Until we fix the big (nosed) problem at the top it's hard to see anything changing.

Leon - coaching staff on 12:58 - Nov 12 with 3738 viewsdonkonky

Leon - coaching staff on 12:54 - Nov 12 by Dr_Winston

Problem is it's all just rearranging deckchairs.

Until we fix the big (nosed) problem at the top it's hard to see anything changing.

Yep. Considering it’s such a vital role in the overall success it’s pretty idiotic to leave a failed second rate goalkeeper/ builder in control. What about Toshack senior for the role of DoF ?
Leon - coaching staff on 13:01 - Nov 12 with 3730 viewsDewi1jack

Leon - coaching staff on 12:44 - Nov 12 by IAN05

Good to see that we have scoured the market place to get the best possible people. 🤔

IF and it's a big IF,
Personally I do think it's purely a stunt to try and subdue the unrest.

Use emotional blackmail on our "hardcore" supporters, some of whom were passing the cap around in the "Battle for Britton" many moons ago

'We give you club legends Leon and Curt to try and get some team spirit back and still you're not happy. Even your beloved Trust are in agreement it's a good option.'

Although anyone giving Leon grief from the touchlines is soon going to be shouted down rightly or wrongly.
Only way to even start sorting out the sh1tstate we've become, is for Beaky to fugoff quicksmart.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Leon - coaching staff on 13:03 - Nov 12 with 3721 viewsicecoldjack

This will be like the Monk situation all over again, only difference is that Laudrup wouldn't allow it but clement would .

Hopefully it's just a load of nonsense but knowing our recent history of stupid decisions nothing would surprise me .
Leon - coaching staff on 13:07 - Nov 12 with 3699 viewsItchySphincter

Leon - coaching staff on 13:03 - Nov 12 by icecoldjack

This will be like the Monk situation all over again, only difference is that Laudrup wouldn't allow it but clement would .

Hopefully it's just a load of nonsense but knowing our recent history of stupid decisions nothing would surprise me .

Still obsessed with Laudrup Ants?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leon - coaching staff on 13:19 - Nov 12 with 3644 viewsmonmouth

Exactly. It’s the clear short term plan we’ve been waiting for.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leon - coaching staff on 13:40 - Nov 12 with 3572 viewsWarwickHunt

Leon - coaching staff on 12:44 - Nov 12 by IAN05

Technically, it's known as the Jenkins Method.

Or in Latin - Titus Dim Lazycûntium.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2017 13:49]
Leon - coaching staff on 13:43 - Nov 12 with 3559 views34dfgdf54

Leon - coaching staff on 13:03 - Nov 12 by icecoldjack

Exactly the same.

I’m pretty certain Leon wouldn’t even be in Clement’s shortlist for a Makelele replacement or any other role in his coaching staff. If true, this is the first stage of ushering PC out.
Leon - coaching staff on 13:50 - Nov 12 with 3536 viewswhiterock

I’d have Roberto back in a heartbeat

The problem with Clem and the club need to take responsibility, it allowed him to bring in his own back room staff, we learned that after Roberto left and took all the staff with him, this is an attempt to address that and have continuity if a manager leaves, someone needs to know where the kettle is
Leon - coaching staff on 13:55 - Nov 12 with 3514 viewsTheResurrection

I'm not against this in some ways. It's the clearest signal yet that they are recognising Clement's work is stifling us.

Leon is no Garry Monk, he's a skilful, ball playing midfield player, not a stopper at the back.

And Cameron Toshack has something about him. He's calm and speaks well but you can also see he's nobody's fool.

And i'm not advocating these 2 above any other potential worldwide suitors, just a respect for the both of them and want to see them progress.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Leon - coaching staff on 14:08 - Nov 12 with 3476 viewsdonkonky

Leon - coaching staff on 13:55 - Nov 12 by TheResurrection

I'm not against this in some ways. It's the clearest signal yet that they are recognising Clement's work is stifling us.

Leon is no Garry Monk, he's a skilful, ball playing midfield player, not a stopper at the back.

And Cameron Toshack has something about him. He's calm and speaks well but you can also see he's nobody's fool.

And i'm not advocating these 2 above any other potential worldwide suitors, just a respect for the both of them and want to see them progress.

Yep I agree that Toshack has something about him, worked his way into contention in my books. If Leon implemented a style of play akin to his own then I’d be happy.
Leon - coaching staff on 14:29 - Nov 12 with 3394 views34dfgdf54

Leon - coaching staff on 14:08 - Nov 12 by donkonky

Yep I agree that Toshack has something about him, worked his way into contention in my books. If Leon implemented a style of play akin to his own then I’d be happy.

Toshack will take over in the event of a relegation in my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024