Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman 18:07 - Nov 14 with 45498 viewsDarran

Deserves its own thread.

A Statement From Phil Sumbler Re: Supporters Trust 14th Nov 2017 18:00
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I have stood down from my position as Chair of the Swans Trust. 0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:25 - Nov 17 with 2985 viewsNeathJack

Quite simply there shouldn't be any negotiation happening at all.

If it's a case that either the Yanks are trying to change the deal that was offered, or that they did not fully disclose the details of the deal which they knew were not in conjunction with those being advertised by the Trust and voted upon, then they have not acted in good faith and in fact deliberately deceived

The Trust board need to ask themselves, if the Yanks are willing to do that over something as public as this, what are they prepared to do behind the Trusts back and behind closed doors.

As far as I'm concerned, the deal is dead in the water. The Yanks have proven themselves again to be completely untrustworthy, as they were in the initial purchase of the club where they agreed to go along with keeping the Trust out of the negotiations, and the Trust board need to realise they are being played and pull the plug ASAP.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:26 - Nov 17 with 2985 viewsNookiejack

Is t possible that any remaining persons on the Trust Board owe money to the Selling Shareholders or are receiving back handlers?

Why would anyone now give away the ability to launch litigation for reduced proceeds and staggered which means if we go down will not see any of it anyway?

Also likely then to be ‘dragged’ along for ‘peanuts’ in a relegation scenario and have to sell the entire stake.

Seems to be utter madness to concede the ability to litigate and I can’t think of another reason why these people continue to want to negotiate?
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:33 - Nov 17 with 2972 viewslewisjack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:58 - Nov 17 by Flashberryjack

To be fair quite a few on here recognized what the Americans were up to from the start, others suspected, but buried their heads.

While others embraced them in the belief that their intentions were honorable.

As I've said from the beginning.......prepare yourselves for the worst.

The worse was happening,before the Americans turned up.
The Club is a bastard shambles.

Magnus Maximus

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:51 - Nov 17 with 2943 viewsmonmouth

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:26 - Nov 17 by Nookiejack

Is t possible that any remaining persons on the Trust Board owe money to the Selling Shareholders or are receiving back handlers?

Why would anyone now give away the ability to launch litigation for reduced proceeds and staggered which means if we go down will not see any of it anyway?

Also likely then to be ‘dragged’ along for ‘peanuts’ in a relegation scenario and have to sell the entire stake.

Seems to be utter madness to concede the ability to litigate and I can’t think of another reason why these people continue to want to negotiate?

I’m a motive man too....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:55 - Nov 17 with 2928 viewsmonmouth

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:25 - Nov 17 by NeathJack

Quite simply there shouldn't be any negotiation happening at all.

If it's a case that either the Yanks are trying to change the deal that was offered, or that they did not fully disclose the details of the deal which they knew were not in conjunction with those being advertised by the Trust and voted upon, then they have not acted in good faith and in fact deliberately deceived

The Trust board need to ask themselves, if the Yanks are willing to do that over something as public as this, what are they prepared to do behind the Trusts back and behind closed doors.

As far as I'm concerned, the deal is dead in the water. The Yanks have proven themselves again to be completely untrustworthy, as they were in the initial purchase of the club where they agreed to go along with keeping the Trust out of the negotiations, and the Trust board need to realise they are being played and pull the plug ASAP.

I don’t see how ANYONE doesn’t see it like this. It simply is not a matter of opinion. The only reason to keep going is if there is some other incentive, intrinsic or extrinsic.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:57 - Nov 17 with 2920 viewsBobby_Fischer

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:55 - Nov 17 by monmouth

I don’t see how ANYONE doesn’t see it like this. It simply is not a matter of opinion. The only reason to keep going is if there is some other incentive, intrinsic or extrinsic.

Agreed, the deal wasn't great anyway - so unless they are offering a better deal, dead the whole thing.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:02 - Nov 17 with 2899 viewsE20Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:55 - Nov 17 by monmouth

People see it as the Trust recommend it. Those that take an active interest in matters such as this will always be in the minority.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:08 - Nov 17 with 2881 viewslonglostjack

There is absolutely no justification to carry on attempting to build a relationship with the Yanks. They've had their chance and I can't believe the extent to which the Trust has bent over backwards to try and build bridges. It's clear what they want. Will - please wake up and smell the coffee.

Edit: Respect for taking up the position.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 20:12]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:09 - Nov 17 with 2875 viewsWingstandwood

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 14:10 - Nov 17 by MattG

As per my previous posts, I agree 100% with your first 1½ paragraphs but have slightly different views on some of the rest.

Ticket prices - your comment may be fair enough for the Sampdoria game but the Trust (specifically Stuart) got some significant concessions on the Man Utd cup game. Not enough for some but I doubt many would have been happy paying full PL prices for that one.....

Dineen - whether done deliberately or not, they were quick enough to remove him again after the Trust raised the issue.

Please don't think I'm trying to make the Yanks out to be a bunch of philanthropists who are only interested in the good of the Club and it's supporters - I'm not - but there were some examples of a positive working relationship (which the Trust certainly could have done more to communicate). However, after recent events I now also have to agree with (most of) your last paragraph.

The Dineen reappointment "done deliberately or not?" was absolutely staggering! Apparently according to the Dineen mouthpiece on here i.e. Xmastree….. Dineen did not want to be a director and the whole thing was a mishap.

But what I cannot work out? How can someone not only accidently fill documentation to facilitate that?.... But also accidently send it/post it/fax it on the exact/correct required address. And? Also sign signature(s) which I would naturally presume is/are required?

What an absolute lottery double roll-over Jackpot chance-likelihood hey! Perfect synergy of misfortune involving a chain of circumstances that put a director back in his seat.

Argus!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:39 - Nov 17 with 2815 viewsMattG

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:09 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

The Dineen reappointment "done deliberately or not?" was absolutely staggering! Apparently according to the Dineen mouthpiece on here i.e. Xmastree….. Dineen did not want to be a director and the whole thing was a mishap.

But what I cannot work out? How can someone not only accidently fill documentation to facilitate that?.... But also accidently send it/post it/fax it on the exact/correct required address. And? Also sign signature(s) which I would naturally presume is/are required?

What an absolute lottery double roll-over Jackpot chance-likelihood hey! Perfect synergy of misfortune involving a chain of circumstances that put a director back in his seat.

I'm not going to disagree with you but that wasn't my point. I was simply saying that the "error" was corrected immediately which, given they could have just ignored the Trust, indicated that they were prepared to take some notice instead.

As I said, I'm not trying to make the Yanks out to be anything they are not but some things did happen that at least hinted at some sort of mutual respect (note deliberate use of past tense).
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:47 - Nov 17 with 2798 viewsWingstandwood

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:39 - Nov 17 by MattG

I'm not going to disagree with you but that wasn't my point. I was simply saying that the "error" was corrected immediately which, given they could have just ignored the Trust, indicated that they were prepared to take some notice instead.

As I said, I'm not trying to make the Yanks out to be anything they are not but some things did happen that at least hinted at some sort of mutual respect (note deliberate use of past tense).

I'm glad the Yanks corrected things and give credit to the Trust, for some bizaree reason if my memory serves me correct Xmastree rubbished the Trusts intervention.

Now, bearing in mind the far from honourable take-over deal shenanighans.... I am indeed more inclined to believe SCST.

Argus!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:56 - Nov 17 with 2774 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:47 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

I'm glad the Yanks corrected things and give credit to the Trust, for some bizaree reason if my memory serves me correct Xmastree rubbished the Trusts intervention.

Now, bearing in mind the far from honourable take-over deal shenanighans.... I am indeed more inclined to believe SCST.

Xmastree is a very interesting character and I've always read his posts with interest. So clear he/she gets fed information and clearly listens to the side of the story they are told and closes their mind to the fact that it could be embellished by the person telling them

I remember the night of the appointment. I was in Glasgow. I read about it on here, made immediate contact with Jason Levien who called back almost immediately and assured us he would reverse it as he didn't know why it happened. From memory it was reversed the next day - I think we had put a deadline on of 6pn (or similar) or we would have released a statement criticising the appointment.

Not sure how that ties with xmastrees story I suspect they are very different
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:02 - Nov 17 with 2754 viewsE20Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:56 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Xmastree is a very interesting character and I've always read his posts with interest. So clear he/she gets fed information and clearly listens to the side of the story they are told and closes their mind to the fact that it could be embellished by the person telling them

I remember the night of the appointment. I was in Glasgow. I read about it on here, made immediate contact with Jason Levien who called back almost immediately and assured us he would reverse it as he didn't know why it happened. From memory it was reversed the next day - I think we had put a deadline on of 6pn (or similar) or we would have released a statement criticising the appointment.

Phil, can you tell us if there was a deadline put on the deal negotiations? Obviously as I said to Will, nobody will expect you to give the date - but just whether there is one.

Very concerned that this will drag on needlessly and put the Trust in a worse position than it needs to be when taking the legal route - assuming that is what may happen.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:06 - Nov 17 with 2746 viewsWingstandwood

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:56 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

He gave the impression to me that Dineen would be very reluctant to be a reappointed director?? But I thought hang on? (correct me if I'm wrong?) he has a Vice Chairman title? And.....The other sell-outs do rather seem to want to parasitically cling onto the club like a leech.

The likes of Petty had the decency to leave, that lot give the impression that they want to keep their titles, VIP status and perks and spin-offs for now and evermore.

I thought Dineen maybe may have missed his title, regretted losing it, and wanted it back?

Argus!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:11 - Nov 17 with 2726 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:02 - Nov 17 by E20Jack

Phil, can you tell us if there was a deadline put on the deal negotiations? Obviously as I said to Will, nobody will expect you to give the date - but just whether there is one.

Very concerned that this will drag on needlessly and put the Trust in a worse position than it needs to be when taking the legal route - assuming that is what may happen.

In my last week there was a deadline placed on some of the "red line" terms that the board had, when I handed in my resignation that discussion was ongoing as the deadline hadn't passed

If I was a betting man I would hazard a guess that things have been very fluid and moving this week, it feels strange having to wait for details
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:21 - Nov 17 with 2696 viewsE20Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:11 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

In my last week there was a deadline placed on some of the "red line" terms that the board had, when I handed in my resignation that discussion was ongoing as the deadline hadn't passed

If I was a betting man I would hazard a guess that things have been very fluid and moving this week, it feels strange having to wait for details

Thanks for that.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:12 - Nov 24 with 2438 viewsbonymine

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:06 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

He gave the impression to me that Dineen would be very reluctant to be a reappointed director?? But I thought hang on? (correct me if I'm wrong?) he has a Vice Chairman title? And.....The other sell-outs do rather seem to want to parasitically cling onto the club like a leech.

The likes of Petty had the decency to leave, that lot give the impression that they want to keep their titles, VIP status and perks and spin-offs for now and evermore.

I thought Dineen maybe may have missed his title, regretted losing it, and wanted it back?

These parasites bear no guilt, loyalty or indeed any other form of human decency in their actions towards OUR Club despite them all apparently claiming to be ‘BY THE FANS FOR THE FANS’ .....in that JTAK farce.....

Judas in name and Judas by nature....

‘You Greedy Bastards Get Out of OUR Club’.....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:45 - Mar 28 with 1869 viewsPhil_S

More than four months on and no progress on the share sale at all and no real update from members

The relationship had indeed broken down - I believe it was said at the forum that I resigned a week or two too early. Not sure that is the case
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:16 - Mar 29 with 1662 viewsswancity

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:45 - Mar 28 by Phil_S

More than four months on and no progress on the share sale at all and no real update from members

The relationship had indeed broken down - I believe it was said at the forum that I resigned a week or two too early. Not sure that is the case

The Trust has degenerated into a sad, limp, rudderless, powerless, weak, wishy washy group who are quite obviously not fit for purpose. That's how it's now perceived.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:17 - Mar 29 with 1658 viewsE20Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:16 - Mar 29 by swancity

The Trust has degenerated into a sad, limp, rudderless, powerless, weak, wishy washy group who are quite obviously not fit for purpose. That's how it's now perceived.

Degenerated into?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:29 - Mar 29 with 1631 viewsswancity

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:17 - Mar 29 by E20Jack

Degenerated into?

Ok. Always has been but may be deteriorated is a better word.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 10:13 - Mar 29 with 1586 viewsMoscowJack

Can I save people a load of hassle and say what's going to happen next?

1. People (like me!) will complain about the Trust Board doing sweet FA, being useless, pointless, toothless, etc.

2. Trust reply saying "we are doing a lot behind the scenes but we can't divulge that info as it's sensitive".

3. We say "ok, apart from the court case and legal situation, what else are the others on the Trust Board doing?"...

4. Trust say "Well, we are doing so much but communication has been poor and we are working extremely hard to address that issue".

As I've said over and over again, there are some excellent people TRYING to make change in the Trust Board but they are surrounded by the old fogies who either aren't willing to make changes or can't.

Either way, we need a focused strategy to ensure that fresh blood is brought in this summer. We've seen from recent appointments that there are some excellent candidates to replace the stale and irrelevant people who are holding the Trust back.

The very few excellent, young(ish) Board members need to be surrounded by equal talent and energy and it's only us (the members) who can make this happen. If we don't make it happen, we can only blame ourselves for what happens in the future!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 10:56 - Mar 29 with 1540 viewsswancity

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 10:13 - Mar 29 by MoscowJack

1. People (like me!) will complain about the Trust Board doing sweet FA, being useless, pointless, toothless, etc.

2. Trust reply saying "we are doing a lot behind the scenes but we can't divulge that info as it's sensitive".

3. We say "ok, apart from the court case and legal situation, what else are the others on the Trust Board doing?"...

4. Trust say "Well, we are doing so much but communication has been poor and we are working extremely hard to address that issue".

As I've said over and over again, there are some excellent people TRYING to make change in the Trust Board but they are surrounded by the old fogies who either aren't willing to make changes or can't.

Either way, we need a focused strategy to ensure that fresh blood is brought in this summer. We've seen from recent appointments that there are some excellent candidates to replace the stale and irrelevant people who are holding the Trust back.

The very few excellent, young(ish) Board members need to be surrounded by equal talent and energy and it's only us (the members) who can make this happen. If we don't make it happen, we can only blame ourselves for what happens in the future!

Agreed, that sums it all up very nicely

The main problem seems to be the loyalty that the long serving Trust Board members continue to want to show Jenkins especially and a lesser extent Dineen and Morgan

That's holding everything back. Jenkins clearly is pulling the strings behind the scenes and he's got them eating out of his hands

Old 'friendships' have to be cast to one side. Do your jobs people and earn respect, that's what your there for ...not to be some sad puppet controlled on the end a piece of string by someone who was selfish, devious and manipulative beyond words.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:02 - Mar 29 with 1534 viewsNeath_Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 10:13 - Mar 29 by MoscowJack

That's a fair post, apart from "The very few excellent, young(ish) Board members".

How do you know that they are excellent? We know no different of them, than we do of the old guard. What have these excellent new comers done for you to label them that? I know a couple of them post on here, and are some of my favourite posters, but let's not blow any smoke up their hoops for something which we know nothing about.

I have seen zero change in anything so far, have you? Please don't include the complete waste of bandwidth that is the pen pics.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:28 - Mar 29 with 1507 viewsMoscowJack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:02 - Mar 29 by Neath_Jack

That's a fair post, apart from "The very few excellent, young(ish) Board members".

How do you know that they are excellent? We know no different of them, than we do of the old guard. What have these excellent new comers done for you to label them that? I know a couple of them post on here, and are some of my favourite posters, but let's not blow any smoke up their hoops for something which we know nothing about.

I have seen zero change in anything so far, have you? Please don't include the complete waste of bandwidth that is the pen pics.

Good points, but I have faith in the people like Ux, Lisa, ECB etc as at least we know where they stand, or at least stood.

BUT....if they are banging their heads against a brick wall and seeing their opinions differing from the stale majority, they won't be able to make change, will they?

At the moment, it seems that there majority is the old farts who promote "time" as their main attribute. These are the majority that felt the relationship with Yanks & HJ is worth keeping, despite seeing the Trust (therefore also the fans) being kicked in the balls by them, over and over again.

The only way forward is change. The only way that the "progressive" Board Members can make a change is if they are able to win votes, instead of losing to the blue rinse brigade.

Ok, at this point I know I'm coming across as ageist which, at not far off 50 myself, is the last thing I want to do. I'm talking about the risk-averse, negative and 'flat' Board members who are mainly retired people who enjoy their little monthly board meetings, but contribute nothing in reality. The Trust Board needs freshening up and I don't care how old or young those people are as long as they know how things operate in 2018.

We need modern approaches, modern ideas and an understanding of the "we want it now" sort of mentality that exists nowadays (rightly or wrongly).

As you mentioned, the fact that they can't even get themselves together to coordinate these bl00dy pen pics, which is so embarrassing.....and actually quite pathetic, but sums the whole situation up perfect to me.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024