Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman 18:07 - Nov 14 with 45385 viewsDarran

Deserves its own thread.

A Statement From Phil Sumbler Re: Supporters Trust 14th Nov 2017 18:00
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I have stood down from my position as Chair of the Swans Trust. 0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:54 - Nov 14 with 2908 viewsWatchman

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:52 - Nov 14 by jackportis

so What happens to this site?

should get better now that the Site Owner can speak his mind

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:54 - Nov 14 with 2907 viewsItchySphincter

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:52 - Nov 14 by jackportis

so What happens to this site?

That's a particularly odd question, even by your standards.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:55 - Nov 14 with 2899 viewsLandore_Jack

The Trust needs to reform badly. What a mess. Jenkins & Co continue to screw the Trust.

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:57 - Nov 14 with 2880 viewsmarchamjack

Cheers Phil. Unbelievable sterling effort in directing the Trust over the most part of your time with it. The time and hours (unpaid) you put in will not be forgotten on our clubs behalf and on behalf of most of us fans, including the non-members.

Be genuinely interested to hear in due course what events led to your decision to resign. Suspect many have had a good airing on the other Trust thread below.

YJB 👏

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:58 - Nov 14 with 2878 viewsItchySphincter

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:55 - Nov 14 by Landore_Jack

The Trust needs to reform badly. What a mess. Jenkins & Co continue to screw the Trust.

Divide and conquer.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:58 - Nov 14 with 2872 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:55 - Nov 14 by Landore_Jack

I’m sure there’ll be plenty on here ready to reform it now Phils gone.
They’ll all be stepping forward now don’t worry.

Snigger.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:58 - Nov 14 with 2868 viewsmonmouth

Thank you Phil. Take the time with your family that you all deserve. Let others take the flack.

Speaking of which, if this goes through without another vote and NO recommendation other than to say that the repeated vote is due to the counterparty’s bad faith, we should really get the pitchforks out, before these people sell us down the river again.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 18:58]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:00 - Nov 14 with 2843 viewsmax936

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:30 - Nov 14 by Darran

A man of integrity.

Without doubt fair play to him.

Thanks for all you done for Swansea City Football Club Phil.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:00 - Nov 14 with 2841 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:37 - Nov 14 by NeathJack

Thank you for all your hard work Phil and your principled stance.

Now serious questions need to be asked of what direction the remaining board members are steering the Trust in given that it has resulted in both Phil and Matt feeling they had no option to resign.

I see that Trust Statement says:

"Discussions are continuing on the detailed aspects of the deal and whilst these have highlighted some areas of concern, the majority view of your Trust Board is that we should continue these discussions with a view to finalising the detail as soon as possible. As discussions are ongoing between our respective legal teams it is not possible to give more detail at this point. However we do feel there remains scope to agree a way forward and believe that matters will be progressed quickly, but if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members."

Sorry but, "it is not possible to give more detail at this point" is not good enough.

It is when NDAs are in place, and discussions are continuing. However, before any deal is ratified, if the terms change from those previously presented then the Trust board must go back to the members, once the differences are finalised. To do it before that is complete could just mean going back and forth.

Anyway, a very sad day for the Trust. Few on here could appreciate the time, effort, drive and determination Phil has shown as Trust chairman and he is a big loss. On a personal note, it's been a pleasure.

With regards to the statement, I agree with every single word. However the will of the board is to continue discussions. It's not something I agree with but there we are.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:02 - Nov 14 with 2821 viewsGaryjack

As Phil has obviously resigned out of a matter of principle, then unless the remaining trust board members who didn't back him follow suit, and quickly, then i dedicate this song to the Swansea City Supporters Trust tonight.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:02 - Nov 14 with 2815 viewsjackportis

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:54 - Nov 14 by ItchySphincter

That's a particularly odd question, even by your standards.

It’s not disrespecting Phil but he owns the site. Lots of traffic could be a nice Bunsen burner ( nice looking earner) for him.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:03 - Nov 14 with 2790 viewsItchySphincter

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:00 - Nov 14 by Uxbridge

It is when NDAs are in place, and discussions are continuing. However, before any deal is ratified, if the terms change from those previously presented then the Trust board must go back to the members, once the differences are finalised. To do it before that is complete could just mean going back and forth.

Anyway, a very sad day for the Trust. Few on here could appreciate the time, effort, drive and determination Phil has shown as Trust chairman and he is a big loss. On a personal note, it's been a pleasure.

With regards to the statement, I agree with every single word. However the will of the board is to continue discussions. It's not something I agree with but there we are.

You recommended sale of the shares, campaigned on it, are you saying you've changed your mind, albeit due to a change of terms?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:06 - Nov 14 with 2767 viewsLandore_Jack

Who are the Trust members wanting to take the Trust in a different direction?

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:06 - Nov 14 with 2767 viewsdonkonky

Hi ux
Can you just clarify who is left holding the fort at the moment? Can you give more detail as to which of the remaining board members or what percentage of the remaining members are unhappy with the way things are developing?
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:06 - Nov 14 with 2763 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:03 - Nov 14 by ItchySphincter

You recommended sale of the shares, campaigned on it, are you saying you've changed your mind, albeit due to a change of terms?

My position has changed for a couple of reasons, yes. When the detail is public I'll explain more then. Until then, I can't.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:07 - Nov 14 with 2754 viewsNeathJack

Does the NDA cover the just the Board, or the members they purport to represent?

In other words, are you saying that the board are not allowed to divulge the discussions with the members until they are complete? Or just that they are choosing not to?
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:09 - Nov 14 with 2719 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:06 - Nov 14 by donkonky

Hi ux
Can you just clarify who is left holding the fort at the moment? Can you give more detail as to which of the remaining board members or what percentage of the remaining members are unhappy with the way things are developing?

I'm not throwing individuals under the bus I'm afraid. I'll let then speak for themselves if they choose to do so.

I don't know who will be the next Chairman yet. I assume interim plans will be formed in tomorrow's board meeting.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:09 - Nov 14 with 2712 viewswaynekerr55

An awful day. What part about "they're taking the pîss out of us" don't the majority on the board get?
It does beg the question - what juicy info have Gonzo et al. got on the Trust? Take the fûckers to court and clean them out.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 19:10]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:10 - Nov 14 with 2697 viewsmax936

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:36 - Nov 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Correct, Alan, and it appears some are willing to let them shift the goalposts and haven't had the decency to inform their members about the change in the deal. If there's any truth to this, you have to start comparing their behaviour to the that of the sellouts when the initial betrayal happened.

It seems obvious as to what a lot of us thought and that's some of the Trusts hierarchy have become all to cosy with the sellouts/owners, this won't end well, seems there are massive problems ahead of us, just how they move the goalposts after drawing the offer up and delivering it I don't know, but then again its nothing that we probably didn't expect.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:12 - Nov 14 with 2673 viewsYossarian

Well that is very sad, and troubling news. Phil has acted with integrity- which is a quality that is conspicuously absent from one or two individuals who appear to have not only lost touch with the fanbase, but also with their former selves.
I don’t envisage a stampede of quality rushing to take over from Phil, whatever wind and piss was spouted in the past few months- most sensible people realise that the role it is clearly a hiding for nothing. However, perhaps there might now be a growing acceptance that there is yet another fight on for the soul of this club. If people can’t mobilise over that then we really are in trouble. Best wishes, and peace of mind for the future Mr. Sumbler.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:14 - Nov 14 with 2646 viewsItchySphincter

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:06 - Nov 14 by Uxbridge

My position has changed for a couple of reasons, yes. When the detail is public I'll explain more then. Until then, I can't.

Very interesting.

This is why a mass walkout would not necessarily be a good idea.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:15 - Nov 14 with 2639 viewsdonkonky

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:09 - Nov 14 by Uxbridge

I'm not throwing individuals under the bus I'm afraid. I'll let then speak for themselves if they choose to do so.

I don't know who will be the next Chairman yet. I assume interim plans will be formed in tomorrow's board meeting.

I appreciate you can’t name names but is there a strong desire with the remaining board members to proceed with the deal as it stands?
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:16 - Nov 14 with 2621 viewswaynekerr55

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:09 - Nov 14 by Uxbridge

Uxy you're a better man than me. As far as I'm concerned they should be thrown under every bus in the UK, exhumed and then burnt on the stake. What possible benefits are there to taking it up the Gary and being patsys to them?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:16 - Nov 14 with 2621 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:07 - Nov 14 by NeathJack

Does the NDA cover the just the Board, or the members they purport to represent?

In other words, are you saying that the board are not allowed to divulge the discussions with the members until they are complete? Or just that they are choosing not to?

Bit of both. To be honest, I understand that element. Present the whole picture to the members once it's clear rather than every twist and turn in public.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:16 - Nov 14 with 2618 viewsPozuelosSideys

Seems pretty clear to me that the American ownership team, plus the ex shareholders who now provide some sort of operational input into the club are taking the p1ss.

They clearly hold the fanbase in contempt. The club is being run as an American business, just like any other. The only way the fans can make a point imo, is by leaving the stadium empty on matchdays.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024