Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman 18:07 - Nov 14 with 45382 viewsDarran

Deserves its own thread.

A Statement From Phil Sumbler Re: Supporters Trust 14th Nov 2017 18:00
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I have stood down from my position as Chair of the Swans Trust. 0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:09 - Nov 14 with 2956 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Swansea city’s falling down
Falling down falling down

Poor old Swansea

Bob bank classic

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:10 - Nov 14 with 2952 viewsLandore_Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:55 - Nov 14 by londonlisa2001

I read the statement with despair.

I read Uxbridge's comments with despair.

I read of mattG's resignation with despair.

It brings me absolutely no pleasure to hear that the deal is not what it seemed to be. I genuinely hoped for the sake of the club that I was being massively overly cynical when I and many others argued long and hard before the vote that the details of the deal would be manipulated to put the Trust in a bad place.

I wrestled with the decision to personally not renew because I disagreed with the recommendation to such an extent I couldn't be a member of an organisation that supported it. I exchanged mails with Phil on that topic.

The Trust CANNOT be taken over by the appeasers, by those who are terrified to rock the boat, by those who are content to be patted on the head by the owners.

This is an awful day for all supporters. Awful.

I've been critical of the Trust on here a lot recently. And some of that has been taken as criticism of Phil as leader of the Trust. It appears from Phil's statement that he and I were on the same page rather more than I thought. For that, Phil, I apologise.

A massive statement. A crucial statement. A much needed statement.

They cannot be allowed to win.

Unfortunately, one of the downfalls of the Trust is not being more open with the fans.

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:12 - Nov 14 with 2920 viewsmonmouth

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:05 - Nov 14 by Wingstandwood

I know have full realisation that certain Trust members of integrity and decency have had to deal with the worst possible bunch of individuals imaginable i.e. Jenkins, the Yanks, and the sell-outs.

I’m starting to get very sympathetic and empathetic towards individuals from the decency wing of SCST!!!!!!!

It seems that they have also had to deal with a collection of slimy no mark jerks stabbing them from their own side.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:12 - Nov 14 with 2908 viewsNOTRAC

Surely it must be appropriate to call a special general meeting of the Trust to discuss what is obviously a critical moment.
Remember as well that the Liberty is about to be handed over (for apparently no premium) to these people who obviously cannot be trusted.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:16 - Nov 14 with 2858 viewsmax936

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:02 - Nov 14 by Garyjack

As Phil has obviously resigned out of a matter of principle, then unless the remaining trust board members who didn't back him follow suit, and quickly, then i dedicate this song to the Swansea City Supporters Trust tonight.

Our feelings should be made to them, they're just happy to have their bellies tickled and carry on, its shocking, Stu Mac and others have to ask the members for their opinions to do otherwise must surely be against the constitution of the Trust.?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:18 - Nov 14 with 2834 viewslifelong

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:09 - Nov 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Falling down falling down

Poor old Swansea

Bob bank classic

The club is in a mess.

Thank you Phil..all the best.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:19 - Nov 14 with 2826 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Thank you Phi for your hard work and integrity. We don't do integrity at Swansea City anymore apparently.

Welcome back here, most of us are as mad as a box of frogs as you know, so feel free to return to your position in charge of this asylum.

Onwards and upwards!
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 20:21]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:19 - Nov 14 with 2814 viewsDr_Winston

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:05 - Nov 14 by Wingstandwood

I know have full realisation that certain Trust members of integrity and decency have had to deal with the worst possible bunch of individuals imaginable i.e. Jenkins, the Yanks, and the sell-outs.

I’m starting to get very sympathetic and empathetic towards individuals from the decency wing of SCST!!!!!!!

Not to mention the relentless stick they've been taking from the fans too. Let's not absolve ourselves of blame entirely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:20 - Nov 14 with 2804 viewsKilkennyjack

Thank you Sir Phil.

Nobody could have given more to our club over the 11 years.

Top top man.

Beware of the Risen People

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:26 - Nov 14 with 2729 viewsTheResurrection

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:19 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

Not to mention the relentless stick they've been taking from the fans too. Let's not absolve ourselves of blame entirely.

That shouldn't be a matter of blame, it should be encouraged.

Not caring should be blamed.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:29 - Nov 14 with 2689 viewsdickythorpe

Nice one Phil. Feet up now and enjoy life. More to life than football.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:32 - Nov 14 with 2669 viewslondonlisa2001

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:19 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

The difficulty has been that those of us that were critical of decisions made have been unable to separate those that agreed and those that didn't because the 'collective responsibility' bit has been so relentlessly pursued.

I'm terrified that the three that post on here are the ones that are in disagreement with the current course. Two have resigned. One is torn between resigning and trying to stop what's obviously happening.

What I'd like to know is who is pushing the appeasement strategy. Because it's terrifying.

And if any detail of the deal is not what was promised, it has to come back to members. Has to.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:34 - Nov 14 with 2641 viewsLandore_Jack

Would like to hear from Stuart McDonald. The silence is deafening.

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:37 - Nov 14 with 2596 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:32 - Nov 14 by londonlisa2001

The difficulty has been that those of us that were critical of decisions made have been unable to separate those that agreed and those that didn't because the 'collective responsibility' bit has been so relentlessly pursued.

I'm terrified that the three that post on here are the ones that are in disagreement with the current course. Two have resigned. One is torn between resigning and trying to stop what's obviously happening.

What I'd like to know is who is pushing the appeasement strategy. Because it's terrifying.

And if any detail of the deal is not what was promised, it has to come back to members. Has to.

As Phil touched on himself in the statement some of the abuse of him has been sickening.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:45 - Nov 14 with 2486 viewslondonlisa2001

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:37 - Nov 14 by Darran

As Phil touched on himself in the statement some of the abuse of him has been sickening.

That's always been wrong Darran.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:47 - Nov 14 with 2459 viewsSwanzay

Many thanks Phil for all your effort and input, along with the time you took away from your family.

I truly hope that your resignation will kick start some transparency and emphasis the need for better communication to members.

What a mess. There are many questions that need to be asked...
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:48 - Nov 14 with 2456 viewsFlashberryjack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:37 - Nov 14 by Darran

To be fair Darran......most of the abuse was leveled at the trust as a collective rather than at one individual (Phil)

After reading Phil's statement, it looks like a lot of that abuse of the trust, was well deserved.

Anyway I'm going to rejoin the "TRUST" so I can register a vote, should it go back to the membership.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:48 - Nov 14 with 2452 viewsNeath_Jack

Well done Phil for sticking with your beliefs.

Thanks for all your efforts over the years.

Hopefully those other board members who don’t believe the direction the Trust is being taken in, do the right thing as well. Those left there, can be classed as appeasers and another fungi stinking the club up.

Put your feet up wuss.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:48 - Nov 14 with 2452 viewsThursday

It's staggering the amount of fortitude that Phil had shown in the position amid the abuse and accusations. And that's only what I had seen on here; can't imagine the total of it. I hope the club starts to bring back the joy it used to hold for him.

Folk here have been asking people to resign out of principle. It's a reasonable argument, and some have done exactly that. I'm glad that there are still some who haven't. If those who feel disillusioned all resign, who does that leave you with?

Best wishes to you, Phil.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:49 - Nov 14 with 2448 viewslonglostjack

Time for the gloves to come off. The Board can no longer hide behind the "collective responsibility" excuse. You are elected to represent the interests of the fans. As somebody mentioned in another thread, an MP has to disclose their voting record, why on earth should you be different?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:49 - Nov 14 with 2448 viewsdonkonky

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:32 - Nov 14 by londonlisa2001

Indeed who is left on the board? Who’s pushing the agenda to get the deal done ‘at all costs’ ? It really is a sad day to see all the good work fall apart so easily.
Trust board If your reading this thread take on board the views of the concerned fans and make a statement, tell us what’s going on. Stand up for the principles on which the whole thing was founded because from what I can make of it you don’t have the balls for the fight!
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:50 - Nov 14 with 2433 viewsJack_Kass

Can't wait for the new generation to step up and do a better job.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:53 - Nov 14 with 2387 viewsNeath_Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:50 - Nov 14 by Jack_Kass

Can't wait for the new generation to step up and do a better job.

New generation? Do you mean the posters that were not happy with the way things were happening at the club and the Trust?

Were you/Are you happy?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:55 - Nov 14 with 2359 viewstrampie

The trust weren't up for it, they were too close to the owners and not close enough to the fans, they weren't transparent enough, communication none existent, there is a saying 'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen'.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:58 - Nov 14 with 2311 viewsLoyal

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:55 - Nov 14 by trampie

The trust weren't up for it, they were too close to the owners and not close enough to the fans, they weren't transparent enough, communication none existent, there is a saying 'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen'.

Another kitchen related saying.
'Time to step up to the plate'

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024