Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman 18:07 - Nov 14 with 45499 viewsDarran

Deserves its own thread.

A Statement From Phil Sumbler Re: Supporters Trust 14th Nov 2017 18:00
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I have stood down from my position as Chair of the Swans Trust. 0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:51 - Nov 14 with 2838 viewsswanseajack4eva

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:45 - Nov 14 by Phil_S

If the deal was as presented to the members then the vote has been carried - if it changes for the better then I guess it wouldn't need referring back, if it changed for thew worse then it needs to be referred back to the members for a vote again

In terms of the elections, I'm honestly not sure - there is no obligation to immediately fill any vacancies although with four of them now available I would take an assumption that the organisation would look for new blood to replace them. I would guess that all will become clearer after the next board meeting which I read earlier has been called for tomorrow

Thanks Phil, that’s very helpful.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:54 - Nov 14 with 2803 viewsminimichu

Sincere thanks to Phil for all he has done for our football club.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:23 - Nov 14 with 2600 viewshomeiswheretrundleis

Thank you for all your hard work for the benefit of all the Trust members I know this decision is hurting you deep down but the time and love you give to your family is more important than anything
Good Health and Happiness to you and your family
Onwards and upwards
SWANSEA TILL I DIE
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:25 - Nov 14 with 2579 viewsPacemaker

Thanks for all your hard work and honest effort.

I have been expecting something like this and fear for the future of the club and the trust.

I did feel that the trust is almost in an impossible position before reading Phil's post. Having read the contents it now appears that the trust has been totally sidelined by the owners.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:27 - Nov 14 with 2569 viewsbudegan

YJB, YJB, YJB.

Thank you Phil.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:47 - Nov 14 with 2465 viewsPrivate_Partz

Many thanks for all your efforts Phil. Hopefully you will have more time for other more important things in life.
I hope we can all benefit from your inside knowledge and experience now that you are looking in from the outside so to speak. It may help us all to stop wandering off and reaching the wrong conclusions. This will be very valuable as I am not at all convinced we are going to get any increase in comms from theTrust which caused a lot of the speculation in the first place.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:49 - Nov 14 with 2448 viewsSwanzay

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:25 - Nov 14 by Pacemaker

Thanks for all your hard work and honest effort.

I have been expecting something like this and fear for the future of the club and the trust.

I did feel that the trust is almost in an impossible position before reading Phil's post. Having read the contents it now appears that the trust has been totally sidelined by the owners.

"that the trust has been totally sidelined by the owners." more so the Trusts own actions, enabled this!

The current board members, as in this evening, seriously need to review their strategy.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:53 - Nov 14 with 2413 viewsDarran

I’ll tell you something else too,the fact that some people have laid more blame at Phil Sumbler’s door than they have at the sellouts is a fuçking disgrace.
They should be ashamed of themselves. There’s keeping the Trust on their toes and there’s downright filth.

And as I’ve said several times I’m sure several of them will now be joining the Trust in readiness of the next elections.

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:57 - Nov 14 with 2400 viewsKingBony

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:40 - Nov 14 by Jackfath

Thank you for doing your very best Phil. I am not envious of the position you've been in, incredibly stressful. My very best wishes for the future, whatever that holds.

Bang on

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:58 - Nov 14 with 2395 viewsSwanzay

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:53 - Nov 14 by Darran

I’ll tell you something else too,the fact that some people have laid more blame at Phil Sumbler’s door than they have at the sellouts is a fuçking disgrace.
They should be ashamed of themselves. There’s keeping the Trust on their toes and there’s downright filth.

And as I’ve said several times I’m sure several of them will now be joining the Trust in readiness of the next elections.

You are genuinely loving this aren't you...
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:59 - Nov 14 with 2387 viewsBillyChong

Seems like the remaining members want to push the Trust share sale through ASAP https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2017/11/14/announcement-from-swans-trust/

All the best Phil, I’m sure every Swans fan appreciates what you’ve done over the years and well done for not supporting this stitch up. Bit worrying when advocates for the sale are now against it. The details need to be made public and the sale stopped.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:02 - Nov 14 with 2373 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:58 - Nov 14 by Swanzay

You are genuinely loving this aren't you...

Loving it? It’s one of the saddest days Swans wise for a long time.
Wańkers slagging the man off constantly thinking they knew what was going on when he was working his bollox off behind the scenes.
Like I said some people should be ashamed of themselves and I just hope they don’t get treated the same way when they step up.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:08 - Nov 14 with 2345 viewsTheResurrection

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:53 - Nov 14 by Darran

So this is Darren's third attempt in this thread to cause some mischief and arguments. Something he's done over the years which I know has put Phil in a very difficult position and know personally that Phil has not thanked him for and distanced himself away from. Even removing the sly fool from being a moderator.

You've been a liability to Phil and have caused as much friction as you thought help. That's just you though, never an opinion worthy of print, all just to cause bad feeling and animosity and this you do for fun. It's your thing. A snide in every sense of the word.

I'm not ashamed of anything either especially laying the brunt of my pain and blame at the door of the Trust and for reasons I've explained over and over again.

The Trust had a major chance two to three years ago to call some shots and show some balls. The same as they do now. Maybe with Phil's resignation this is the first step at doing just that. They didn't then though and that's the issue I've had the big problem with.

Will they now?

One thing is for sure though, with interfering sly idiots who once championed the so called sell outs like they were Demi god's at play, the same crap we'll have to endure and the more confrontations and arguments will ensue.

Basically Darren is a kunt. But most see that now and know it full well.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:09 - Nov 14 with 2339 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 22:59 - Nov 14 by BillyChong

Seems like the remaining members want to push the Trust share sale through ASAP https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2017/11/14/announcement-from-swans-trust/

All the best Phil, I’m sure every Swans fan appreciates what you’ve done over the years and well done for not supporting this stitch up. Bit worrying when advocates for the sale are now against it. The details need to be made public and the sale stopped.

“Bit worrying when advocates for the sale are now against it”

Bill seriously mate you need to think about what you’re saying there. Try and keep up mun. That was the initial sale agreed by the sound of it and not this current sale where the goalposts have obviously been moved.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:09 - Nov 14 with 2341 viewsGaryjack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:02 - Nov 14 by Darran

Wańkers slagging the man off constantly thinking they knew what was going on when he was working his bollox off behind the scenes.
Like I said some people should be ashamed of themselves and I just hope they don’t get treated the same way when they step up.

Fvckin ell Dar, stop being a drama queen ffs! You're the master of dragging up links, so bring one up where people have posted 'filth' towards Phil? Calm down mun!
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:12 - Nov 14 with 2316 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:09 - Nov 14 by Garyjack

Fvckin ell Dar, stop being a drama queen ffs! You're the master of dragging up links, so bring one up where people have posted 'filth' towards Phil? Calm down mun!

No I’m not dragging up old threads but you,I and everyone else know it’s true.

Stinks Gar.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:12 - Nov 14 with 2318 viewsSwanzay

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:02 - Nov 14 by Darran

The Truth needs to come out, but alas there are NDAs in place, simply why and who agreed to them?
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:14 - Nov 14 with 2305 viewsbonymine

Phil you have ALWAYS acted with such integrity and had the Club’s best interests at heart as a TRUE fan and worked tirelessly for the fans’ cause over the years.

Given the personal greed, ‘inconsistencies’ shall we say and pure self interest demonstrated by the individuals concerned, it is an absolute disgrace that our FORMER ‘fans’ i.e. OUR ex-Board, whose egos know no bounds, have CHOSEN NOT to behave in such a manner as yourself .....’by the fans for the fans eh Huw ....taking us to the next level’.....yet at the same time have made themselves multi millionaires through their actions ‘come what may’ and the consequences at OUR Club.

Quite how Jenkins can still have the front to turn up week in week out at the Liberty despite his actions speaks volumes I guess for the apathy which exists within our fan base in the Premier League nowadays. We attract such a high percentage of our support these days from relatively new ‘supporters’ who have seen nothing but Premier League or Championship football since moving to the Liberty.

Quite simply, they have been spoilt by the team over achieving over the past 5/6 seasons which has resulted in the majority of our ‘fans’ expecting Premier League football and more to the point, THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY INTEREST OR INDEED GIVE A DAMN for what goes on ‘behind the scenes’ at OUR Club as long as they can watch PL football here every fortnight.

This is the reason why so many of our hardcore and die hard fans’ true feelings and hatred towards Jenkins and his band of Sellouts has been diluted and simply ineffective thus far. For those of you who can remember that night, Mike Lewis deciding it was a good idea to pop his head into the Harry Griffiths bar after the game and getting his ‘just rewards’ would NEVER happen these days at the Liberty given Jenkins’ own personal security and the Stadium Stewards protecting him.

Now I’m not for one minute advocating any violence towards these Sellouts or the Yanks but quite simply as far as HJ and his ‘buddies’ are concerned, once you SELL OUT not only your shares but also YOUR SOUL in our Football Club then you can no longer ‘have your cake and eat it’. You HAVE to MOVE ON....

You will NEVER EVER be welcome in Swansea again, you can NEVER EVER proclaim to be a Swansea City ‘fan’ EVER AGAIN so why not just ride off into the sunset with your ill gotten MILLIONS and live out the rest of your days in your Spanish villa, ‘enjoy’ your money and be content to watch the Swans on an illegal stream from sunny Spain ? (Or buy a Spanish Club and ruin that as well ?).

Sorry to digress here Phil but I had to express my feelings about the dire situation which we now find ourselves in ;

I truly hope that you and your family will now fully enjoy the ‘quality leisure time’ you have been afforded in you stepping down, you absoluteky deserve it 100% and on a side issue, many thanks for your best wishes and support to me over the past 2 years, it has been most welcome and uplifting during a difficult time for me in my personal life.

Take care, all the Best Phil, YJB.

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:14 - Nov 14 with 2303 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:12 - Nov 14 by Swanzay

The Truth needs to come out, but alas there are NDAs in place, simply why and who agreed to them?

NDA or not if you can’t read between the lines of Phil’s statement you need new glasses.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:15 - Nov 14 with 2300 viewsBillyChong

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:09 - Nov 14 by Darran

“Bit worrying when advocates for the sale are now against it”

Bill seriously mate you need to think about what you’re saying there. Try and keep up mun. That was the initial sale agreed by the sound of it and not this current sale where the goalposts have obviously been moved.

I realise that, the goalposts must have moved significantly for some of the biggest advocates to now have a different view
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:17 - Nov 14 with 2283 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:15 - Nov 14 by BillyChong

I realise that, the goalposts must have moved significantly for some of the biggest advocates to now have a different view

Exactly Mate.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:19 - Nov 14 with 2271 viewsGaryjack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:12 - Nov 14 by Darran

No I’m not dragging up old threads but you,I and everyone else know it’s true.

Stinks Gar.

The only thing that stinks Dar, is the trust board not backing their Chairman, and not anything that has been posted on here.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:26 - Nov 14 with 2223 viewsSwanzay

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:14 - Nov 14 by Darran

NDA or not if you can’t read between the lines of Phil’s statement you need new glasses.

Yes, I have four eyes!

What a mess the Trust has become!
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:34 - Nov 14 with 2177 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It’s normally rats that desert a sinking ship.

In this case it’s the people with integrity.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:38 - Nov 14 with 2160 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:19 - Nov 14 by Garyjack

The only thing that stinks Dar, is the trust board not backing their Chairman, and not anything that has been posted on here.

Well that stinks too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024