Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman 18:07 - Nov 14 with 45717 viewsDarran

Deserves its own thread.

A Statement From Phil Sumbler Re: Supporters Trust 14th Nov 2017 18:00
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I have stood down from my position as Chair of the Swans Trust. 0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:19 - Nov 15 with 1923 viewsjack247

I’ve not said much about the Trust in the past because they have been frustrating in their silence, but I believed they were still working away for the good of the club and its fanbase.

Probably more so than that, I find it difficult to criticise people doing a job I wouldn’t have the inclination to consider myself.

I think it’s time to accept though, that we are a run of the mill club, owned and run by foreign investors, who see the club as a way of making money and (quite reasonably) have little interest in the city, the community or the future of the club after they have gone. That the trust have no real power and are treated as more of an irritation than a business partner.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:40 - Nov 15 with 1872 viewsTheResurrection

it's a crying shame Ux comes on here in reply with meaningless, pithy one liners instead of debating real issues and replying to several other posts of more substance.

And this is what we have left supposedly fighting on the inside?

Pill and Matt are being praised for their strong stance and integrity. What is it we can say about Mr Godden?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:47 - Nov 15 with 1855 viewsswancity

Firstly, best of luck to Phil Sumbler. Sounds like it's been a stressful time and once it starts affecting family and day to day life things have to change. Get your life back as that's number one. 👍

But while doing a lot of good things, too many mistakes have been made. Personally I thought that allowing Uxbridge to spend weeks on here telling everyone not to take the legal route some months ago was poor management of the situation. The Trust spent £30,000 on QC advice and then did everything possible to try to ignore that advice

Now, everything needs to come out into the open. Everything. History cannot be rewritten but supporters have been kept in the dark for too long and that's unforgivable. If the goalposts have now moved and let's be honest that is not a surprise then it negates any previous acceptance and it's back to the drawing board. That shifts the emphasis now and into the direction of legal action as you really cannot see how this mess can be resolved unless it goes to Court. I've e mailed the Trust weeks ago, with no response, asking for some information as I thought the sale was illegally carried out?

I sincerely hope that the Trust get their act together although it's looking less likely by the minute. Too many of them are or appear to be yes men and hangers on for the want of a better phrase. But we live in hope.....

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:50 - Nov 15 with 1834 viewsMoscowJack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:40 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

it's a crying shame Ux comes on here in reply with meaningless, pithy one liners instead of debating real issues and replying to several other posts of more substance.

Pill and Matt are being praised for their strong stance and integrity. What is it we can say about Mr Godden?

He's decided to continue the fight from within. Phil and Matt didn't, for their own reasons.

Personally, I respect that, especially as we're going to need the right people on the inside.

I think what we should have learnt from Phil's statement is that he was gagged whilst in his Trust position and still is gagged by the NDA. Many accused him of being incompetent, but now the truth has come out, those accusers have admitted they got it wrong.

Why not give Ux the benefit of the doubt and support him? He's already made it really clear that he's basically of exactly the same view as PS and MattG, which means he's on our side.

If all the "goodies" leave the Trust, it might make it easier for us to blow it apart but, at the same time, it's good to have someone inside who knows his stuff.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:04 - Nov 15 with 1796 viewsLandore_Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:50 - Nov 15 by MoscowJack

He's decided to continue the fight from within. Phil and Matt didn't, for their own reasons.

Personally, I respect that, especially as we're going to need the right people on the inside.

I think what we should have learnt from Phil's statement is that he was gagged whilst in his Trust position and still is gagged by the NDA. Many accused him of being incompetent, but now the truth has come out, those accusers have admitted they got it wrong.

Why not give Ux the benefit of the doubt and support him? He's already made it really clear that he's basically of exactly the same view as PS and MattG, which means he's on our side.

If all the "goodies" leave the Trust, it might make it easier for us to blow it apart but, at the same time, it's good to have someone inside who knows his stuff.

The problem with the Trust board is that nobody is prepared to rock the boat. We need somebody that can lead. Somebody who is not worried to speak out when they do not agree with certain things. I asked Andrew yesterday why he changed his mind on the sale of shares. He stated he would not reveal why until the details went public. What a load of shit. It makes my blood boil.

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:24 - Nov 15 with 1746 viewsMoscowJack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:04 - Nov 15 by Landore_Jack

The problem with the Trust board is that nobody is prepared to rock the boat. We need somebody that can lead. Somebody who is not worried to speak out when they do not agree with certain things. I asked Andrew yesterday why he changed his mind on the sale of shares. He stated he would not reveal why until the details went public. What a load of shit. It makes my blood boil.

But he can't reveal ANYTHING without opening himself up to litigation.

Breaking the rules of the NDA is illegal. Once details have been announced, he's totally within his rights to support or condemn the changes.

It's that simple.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:24 - Nov 15 with 1745 viewsUxbridge

My reasons coincide pretty much identically with the reasons Phil has given in this very thread.

If the finalised terms are different from those presented to the members, then the details of that need to be made public at that time, and the members will need to vote on that. There won't be any shortage of detail at that time.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:27]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:27 - Nov 15 with 1729 viewslondonlisa2001

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:24 - Nov 15 by Uxbridge

My reasons coincide pretty much identically with the reasons Phil has given in this very thread.

If the finalised terms are different from those presented to the members, then the details of that need to be made public at that time, and the members will need to vote on that. There won't be any shortage of detail at that time.

The deal is already different to that presented to members.

Nothing will change that now.

It was presented as though it meant the the Trust and owners will be working together in good faith. That's gone. So the deal IS different.
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:29 - Nov 15 with 1723 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We do need somebody that can lead. We need a multitude of things from the Trust that we all point out regularly but hardly any of us are prepared to actually do anything about it. I'm as guilty as anyone but some of those who continually point out the Trust's failings really need to stand up and be counted now. The alternative is the current situation carries on regardless whilst the Planet Swans intelligentsia point out the failings (not difficult) whilst not actually doing anything about it in practice (difficult).

I'm still a member but I'm no longer going to slate the Trust at every opportunity because I'm not prepared to do it myself.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:29 - Nov 15 with 1722 viewsswancity

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:24 - Nov 15 by Uxbridge

What do you mean if ? They are?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:32 - Nov 15 with 1707 viewstrampie

That's terrible.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:35 - Nov 15 with 1691 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:40 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

You could say he's not particular arsed what you think. And by you, I mean specifically you. There's plenty on here I think are excellent, insightful posters though. Hopefully more, now Phil's going to be putting his site hat back on properly.

We do agree on one thing though. I hope nobody's hanging their hat on me to be some sort of martyr. I'll state my view and back up my thinking. All I'll ever do and I promise no more than that. It'd certainly be inappropriate for me to be, or attempt to be, taking a leading role in the Trust heirarchy in the current landscape, not that I've ever had any desire to do so anyway. I think anyone who does is a lunatic.

I hope there are people here who are prepared to fight for what their views are on the inside of the Trust. The application process for the vacant positions need to be advertised in the very near future, and I hope that anyone who feels they can make a difference or thinks their views aren't being properly represented joins and stands.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:35 - Nov 15 with 1689 viewstrampie

The word traitors spring to mind.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:38 - Nov 15 with 1674 viewsTheResurrection

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:24 - Nov 15 by MoscowJack

But he can't reveal ANYTHING without opening himself up to litigation.

Breaking the rules of the NDA is illegal. Once details have been announced, he's totally within his rights to support or condemn the changes.

It's that simple.

Because he's clearly been as much a part of the problem as he ever could a solution.

He went chapter and verse on the sale of shares and recently said he stood by every word.

How can real change be implemented when the same hurdles are in front of us?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:49 - Nov 15 with 1633 viewsLandore_Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:27 - Nov 15 by londonlisa2001

The deal is already different to that presented to members.

Nothing will change that now.

It was presented as though it meant the the Trust and owners will be working together in good faith. That's gone. So the deal IS different.

Exactly. There is no IF about it. The deal is different.

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:59 - Nov 15 with 1605 viewsItchySphincter

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:00 - Nov 15 by Landore_Jack

Ironically the Trust would have been in a better position if they had listened to the "anonymous lunatics" on Planet Swans.

No evidence to suggest that would be the case but it would be luck over judgement if it happened to be so. You're forgetting the years of petty squabbles and arguments we had to endure whilst the likes of Lisa attempted to discredit Shaky (Shaky of the Bailey wasn't it?) and others, so you can hardly hold any of them up as the font of all knowledge now. To do that would be extremely disingenuous.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 13:00 - Nov 15 with 1600 viewsTheResurrection

Andrew Godden's next candidate statement.

"I'm not arsed what you think"

Sounds just right for the job.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 13:01 - Nov 15 with 1593 viewsAngelRangelQS

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 13:00 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

But is he a welsh speaker?
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 13:10 - Nov 15 with 1567 viewslondonlisa2001

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 12:59 - Nov 15 by ItchySphincter

No evidence to suggest that would be the case but it would be luck over judgement if it happened to be so. You're forgetting the years of petty squabbles and arguments we had to endure whilst the likes of Lisa attempted to discredit Shaky (Shaky of the Bailey wasn't it?) and others, so you can hardly hold any of them up as the font of all knowledge now. To do that would be extremely disingenuous.

Both Shaky and I argued strongly against the deal.

He and I have disagreed on many things in the past, but on the deal we were and are in complete agreement.

And it's nothing to do with luck, it's to do with experience.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 13:15 - Nov 15 with 1539 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 13:00 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

Ha. Just you Chris. Just you.

I hope you actually stand this time though. It'd shake things up if nothing else, and that'd be no bad thing.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 13:21 - Nov 15 with 1510 viewsLegend83

Come on Res, put your money where your mouth is!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 13:41 - Nov 15 with 1433 viewsItchySphincter

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 13:10 - Nov 15 by londonlisa2001

Both Shaky and I argued strongly against the deal.

He and I have disagreed on many things in the past, but on the deal we were and are in complete agreement.

And it's nothing to do with luck, it's to do with experience.

Missed the point there Lis.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 14:00 - Nov 15 with 1387 viewslondonlisa2001

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 13:41 - Nov 15 by ItchySphincter

Missed the point there Lis.

Not really.

I'm just saying that we disagreed with many things but on the fundamental issue of this deal, as an example, we agreed. We also agreed as it happens on the issue over whether the old owners would attempt to sell the club. What, from memory, we did disagree on was whether the Trust should aim to get to 25% or not and also over the shareholders' agreement.

As an aside - the 'Shaky of the bailey' moniker was coined long before I started posting on here (this time round). Nothing to do with me.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 14:08 - Nov 15 with 1354 viewsSmellyplumz

My personal thanks to Phil because I know he loves this club and has tried his best over the years even thought we have disagree on many things. Hate to say we told you so but....

Just such a mess the whole thing.

Make no mistake the sale of the club was a massive turning point in the history of the club and not one for the better.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 19:56]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 14:09 - Nov 15 with 1352 viewsSoberBaker

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 14:00 - Nov 15 by londonlisa2001

Not really.

I'm just saying that we disagreed with many things but on the fundamental issue of this deal, as an example, we agreed. We also agreed as it happens on the issue over whether the old owners would attempt to sell the club. What, from memory, we did disagree on was whether the Trust should aim to get to 25% or not and also over the shareholders' agreement.

As an aside - the 'Shaky of the bailey' moniker was coined long before I started posting on here (this time round). Nothing to do with me.

This has just reminded me.

Whatever happened to Jackonicko that used to post on here?

AMOW

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024