Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era 22:17 - Nov 14 with 3501 viewsderes

My mate asked me about our best 11 in the premier league but I'm not sure who I would put because many players I have choosen did not played in the premier league. So I'm really curious who would you put in our best XI
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 00:15 - Nov 15 with 3417 viewsKilkennyjack

rightio, at their best ....

Fab

Rangel
Ben
Super Ash
Caulker (i know)

Scotty
Leon
Super Joey
Nath

Siggy
Michu

Manager : michael and curt

Beware of the Risen People

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 00:24 - Nov 15 with 3413 viewsbonymine

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 00:15 - Nov 15 by Kilkennyjack

rightio, at their best ....

Fab

Rangel
Ben
Super Ash
Caulker (i know)

Scotty
Leon
Super Joey
Nath

Siggy
Michu

Manager : michael and curt

Fab

Angel Fede Ash Ben

Leon Joey
Ayew A Hernandez/De Guzman

Siggy
Michu

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 05:57 - Nov 15 with 3373 viewsGlyn1

Michu has to play as an attacking midfielder rather than as a striker so put him behind Bony.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 08:22 - Nov 15 with 3322 viewsyescomeon

Not that we've ever played this formation but I'd go with 3 attacking midfielders.

Fab
Rangel, Chico*, Williams, Davies
Britton, Allen
A. Ayew, Michu, Sigurdsson
Bony

All in their pomp of course (with the pomp of Davies and Allen arguably being now, and away from the Swans). Think that team would be pushing for Europe.

*If I was being more objective I'd probably have Fernadez in for Chico, but I just loved the whole package that was Chico.

Upthecity!

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 08:35 - Nov 15 with 3306 viewsshandyjack

FAB

Rangel Ash Chico Davies

Leon Allen

JDG Michu Siggy

Bony

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 09:17 - Nov 15 with 3284 viewsswansvalleyjack

At least one winger for me ... with the 4 -5-1

FAB

RANGEL WILLIAMS FLORES DAVIES

DYER or SINCLAIR BRITTON SIGGY ALLEN JDG

MICHU or BONY
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 09:19 - Nov 15 with 3279 viewsjasper_T

I'm stunned that people would actually consider Andre Ayew.
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 09:53 - Nov 15 with 3255 viewsyescomeon

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 09:19 - Nov 15 by jasper_T

I'm stunned that people would actually consider Andre Ayew.

I know what you mean and I felt weird putting him in there. I felt Michu and Sigurdsson had to be in there, and I couldn't get past trying to pick an 11 that could actually play together, came down to Ayew vs Hernadez and I felt Ayew edged it. Although maybe de Guzman should be in the mix too...

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 10:37 - Nov 15 with 3228 viewsjasper_T

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 09:53 - Nov 15 by yescomeon

I know what you mean and I felt weird putting him in there. I felt Michu and Sigurdsson had to be in there, and I couldn't get past trying to pick an 11 that could actually play together, came down to Ayew vs Hernadez and I felt Ayew edged it. Although maybe de Guzman should be in the mix too...

Ayew and Gylfi always got in each others way, though. Add Michu as well and there'd be fistfights on the pitch.

Hernandez was ten times the player Ayew was for getting us to play good football. Andre was a tap in merchant who scored the bulk of his goals when we were awful to watch and losing most games.

If you're after a real right winger Dyer's the best we've had in the PL, partnered with Rangel.
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 10:55 - Nov 15 with 3221 viewsmagicdaps10

FABIANSKI

RANGEL-WILLIAMS-CHICO-DAVIES

BRITTON-ALLEN

DYER-MICHU-SIGURDSSON

BONY

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 11:09 - Nov 15 with 3213 viewsyescomeon

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 10:37 - Nov 15 by jasper_T

Ayew and Gylfi always got in each others way, though. Add Michu as well and there'd be fistfights on the pitch.

Hernandez was ten times the player Ayew was for getting us to play good football. Andre was a tap in merchant who scored the bulk of his goals when we were awful to watch and losing most games.

If you're after a real right winger Dyer's the best we've had in the PL, partnered with Rangel.

FWIW the idea I had in my head was a system like Chelsea under Di Matteo where they had Mata, Hazard and Oscar, but now after a cup of coffee I don't think Sigurdsson would be particularly good at that, and you can't leave out Sigurdsson. So, without thinking about if they can play together I would agree with MD10's XI.

Upthecity!

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 19:05 - Nov 15 with 3079 viewswhiterock

FABIANSKI

RANGEL-WILLIAMS-FERNANDEZ-DAVIES

BRITTON-ALLEN

AYEW A-MICHU-DEGUZMAN

BONY
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 19:12 - Nov 15 with 3076 viewsDr_Winston

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 08:35 - Nov 15 by shandyjack

FAB

Rangel Ash Chico Davies

Leon Allen

JDG Michu Siggy

Bony

Closest to the side I'd pick. Whether to play Siggy or Michu in that AM role and go for little Nath on the right is the toughest choice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 19:31 - Nov 15 with 3057 viewswhiterock

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 19:12 - Nov 15 by Dr_Winston

Closest to the side I'd pick. Whether to play Siggy or Michu in that AM role and go for little Nath on the right is the toughest choice.

The team v Valencia wouldn’t be bad mind
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 19:35 - Nov 15 with 3051 viewsandrew

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 08:35 - Nov 15 by shandyjack

FAB

Rangel Ash Chico Davies

Leon Allen

JDG Michu Siggy

Bony

This

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 00:03 - Nov 16 with 2947 viewsairedale

Ash of course, but enjoyment of the site being wrecked by loonies from the 1970s, so can't think of anyone else at the mo.
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 09:45 - Nov 16 with 2870 viewsAustinIsOurHero

I like these kinds of threads, here's my choice;

Vorm

Rangel
Olsson
Ash
Ben Davies (as CB)

Leon
Joey Allen

JDG
Michu
Siggy

Wilf

Hard choice to go for JGD over Scotty Sinclair, Hernandez nearly made the cut too. Llorente makes the bench.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 13:55 - Nov 16 with 2812 viewswhiterock

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 09:45 - Nov 16 by AustinIsOurHero

I like these kinds of threads, here's my choice;

Vorm

Rangel
Olsson
Ash
Ben Davies (as CB)

Leon
Joey Allen

JDG
Michu
Siggy

Wilf

Hard choice to go for JGD over Scotty Sinclair, Hernandez nearly made the cut too. Llorente makes the bench.

I don't think many will disagree, as for subs, SS was devastating in the Championship and was probably Brendan's best singing, wasn't as explosive in the PL. Hernandez, when good was very good, when poor, was very poor, I remember we had to whip him off at Spurs in the fist half, powder puff
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 14:53 - Nov 16 with 2788 viewsjasper_T

I'd definitely disagree with Ben Davies at centreback, especially when it means picking Olsson at left back.
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 16:39 - Nov 16 with 2740 viewsSnackajack

Vorm

B. Davies
A. Williams
Chico
A. Rangel

J. Montero
Michu
J. Allen
G. Sigurdsson
N. Dyer

W. Bony
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 16:49 - Nov 16 with 2729 viewsAustinIsOurHero

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 14:53 - Nov 16 by jasper_T

I'd definitely disagree with Ben Davies at centreback, especially when it means picking Olsson at left back.

I think Ollson has been a revalation - definitely one of our best left backs in recent times.
At centre back, Caulker was good for the one season he was here, Chico was a goon (likeable, but a liability) & neither FF or Alfie have proved anything to me.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 18:05 - Nov 16 with 2688 viewsLeonWasGod

Tremmel (all 4 times)
DillyDally VDH Monk Kingsley
Roland Agustien Canas Emnes
Schecter N'gog

Cheers,
Huw
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 19:47 - Nov 16 with 2649 viewsjasper_T

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 16:49 - Nov 16 by AustinIsOurHero

I think Ollson has been a revalation - definitely one of our best left backs in recent times.
At centre back, Caulker was good for the one season he was here, Chico was a goon (likeable, but a liability) & neither FF or Alfie have proved anything to me.

He's been poor all this season. Had a decent spell when he first arrived same as Carroll, but compared to Ben Davies it's not even close.
The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 20:14 - Nov 16 with 2639 viewsKilkennyjack

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 18:05 - Nov 16 by LeonWasGod

Tremmel (all 4 times)
DillyDally VDH Monk Kingsley
Roland Agustien Canas Emnes
Schecter N'gog

Cheers,
Huw

Young guns from elsewhere to nowhere premier league era XI

Josh vickers

Curtis obeng
Kingsley
Gogic
Raheem hanley

Kenji (capt)
Grimes
Proctor
Holland
Fallon

Donnolly

Cheers TP
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 20:15]

Beware of the Risen People

The Best Swansea XI in premier league era on 14:38 - Nov 17 with 2525 viewsMartyrman57

I’d go with Daps xi
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024