Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say 01:34 - Nov 15 with 4625 viewsTheResurrection

Why has Phil and other members of the Board resigned?

A moving of the goalposts?

What if those goalposts promised money up front but then changed their mind to parts of it being paid dependent on us being in thePremier League?

What if Phil wasn't happy to go back to the Trust members with this shift after the recommendations he'd made in the Summer?

What if Phil wanted to stand up to the Americans and say hang on, that's not what we expected or want.

What if the yes men on the Trust who have always been just happy to go along with everything the Club ask or want from them wanted to accept the change of terms?

And what if these same Trust Board members that have been too close, too cosy and too weak to stand up for the supporters are allowed to continue??

There you have it.....

So what are we going to do about it?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 1:40]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 06:07 - Nov 15 with 2438 views1983

Same as the trust nothing!

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 07:10 - Nov 15 with 2363 viewsbuilthjack

Seriously, who's up for the fight and will put the time and effort in?
Anyone?
Lots will talk about it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 07:36 - Nov 15 with 2295 viewsdickythorpe

I can't see the trust having any influence at all, they haven't been taken seriously at all by the club.
Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:07 - Nov 15 with 2248 viewsMoscowJack

According to the BBC's report, this is the deal we thought we were offered:

"Under the proposal, Kaplan, Levein and Jenkins would purchase an initial 5% of the total shares in Swansea City from the Trust's holdings which would raise about £5m.

On top of the initial 5%, there would be another 0.5% every year for the next five years, subject to the club staying in the Premier League.

There is also an option for a possible sale of a further 3% in the next two and a half years. That would total 10.5%."

So, what's changed?

Is the 5% being valued at less than £5m now? I really wouldn't be surprised.

Is the initial 5% also being spread over a few 'Premier League only' years?

I suggested the sale of shares about 12-18 months ago as I thought that a rich Trust with no power is better than a poor Trust with no power, but the deal shouldn't be complicated. It should be extremely simple! The only reason to complicate it is to hopefully delay any potential payment (ie "over 5 years" = we don't care what's happens 3 years after we've gone) must be treated with extreme suspicion.

This all stinks and I think it's time for one of those urgent "Trust Meets The Public" meetings. I really hope that some of the stronger, wiser and more open fans on here can get to Swansea to go face-to-face with those left in the Trust (Ux excepted as we know he's one of the good ones).

Re. the NDA - of course there are limits on what can be said, but the deal needs to be finalised IN PRINCIPAL asap in order to get a meeting between the Trust and fans. Then permission will be given for all details to become public knowledge. We know that Phil and others have their hands tied by the NDA but let's not let others hide behind it....!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:44 - Nov 15 with 2163 viewsswanforthemoney

As one who voted yes on the deal.
The initial 5% for 5 million quid is not negotiable. As Moscow says there was already a lot of conditions around the rest of it.
No condition demanding reinvestment of any of the 5 million is acceptable
A trust with 5 million in the Bank is a strong Trust.

I stand in the North Stand

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:50 - Nov 15 with 2143 viewsTheResurrection

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:07 - Nov 15 by MoscowJack

According to the BBC's report, this is the deal we thought we were offered:

"Under the proposal, Kaplan, Levein and Jenkins would purchase an initial 5% of the total shares in Swansea City from the Trust's holdings which would raise about £5m.

On top of the initial 5%, there would be another 0.5% every year for the next five years, subject to the club staying in the Premier League.

There is also an option for a possible sale of a further 3% in the next two and a half years. That would total 10.5%."

So, what's changed?

Is the 5% being valued at less than £5m now? I really wouldn't be surprised.

Is the initial 5% also being spread over a few 'Premier League only' years?

I suggested the sale of shares about 12-18 months ago as I thought that a rich Trust with no power is better than a poor Trust with no power, but the deal shouldn't be complicated. It should be extremely simple! The only reason to complicate it is to hopefully delay any potential payment (ie "over 5 years" = we don't care what's happens 3 years after we've gone) must be treated with extreme suspicion.

This all stinks and I think it's time for one of those urgent "Trust Meets The Public" meetings. I really hope that some of the stronger, wiser and more open fans on here can get to Swansea to go face-to-face with those left in the Trust (Ux excepted as we know he's one of the good ones).

Re. the NDA - of course there are limits on what can be said, but the deal needs to be finalised IN PRINCIPAL asap in order to get a meeting between the Trust and fans. Then permission will be given for all details to become public knowledge. We know that Phil and others have their hands tied by the NDA but let's not let others hide behind it....!

Not a huge difference.

Less up front, less in instalments!?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:54 - Nov 15 with 2119 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:44 - Nov 15 by swanforthemoney

The initial 5% for 5 million quid is not negotiable. As Moscow says there was already a lot of conditions around the rest of it.

Especially if we are a Championship club.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:56 - Nov 15 with 2109 viewsPegojack

As I said in another thread, the Trust board have no mandate to accept terms different from those put to the membership in the vote.

If the yanks are now trying to vary the deal, I would like to tell them to shove it and get them in court as quickly as possible under the original premise of breaking the shareholder agreement, but accept that this might take another membership vote.

Let's take our inspiration from the recent Blackpool court case, we can win this and, who knows, get rid of Gonzo at the same time.
Login to get fewer ads

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:58 - Nov 15 with 2101 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I think Jenkins is backing out of the deal to spend some of his windfall on shares that may be worth a fraction of what he’ll pay the Trust come next May.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:11 - Nov 15 with 2042 viewsWarwickHunt

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:56 - Nov 15 by Pegojack

As I said in another thread, the Trust board have no mandate to accept terms different from those put to the membership in the vote.

If the yanks are now trying to vary the deal, I would like to tell them to shove it and get them in court as quickly as possible under the original premise of breaking the shareholder agreement, but accept that this might take another membership vote.

Let's take our inspiration from the recent Blackpool court case, we can win this and, who knows, get rid of Gonzo at the same time.

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:19 - Nov 15 with 2006 viewsAngelRangelQS

It was a sh*t deal from the start and the Trust should never have made any recommendations.

I hope it does fall through and we go down the legal route.
Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:21 - Nov 15 with 2002 viewsMoscowJack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:50 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

Not a huge difference.

Less up front, less in instalments!?

I've got no idea, but I guess both.

Due to the NDA, we can't get anything out of current or former Trust Board members, so we should give them (Trust Board) a deadline of, for example, two weeks. We know we're not going to get anything out of the Yanks or HJ.

Within those two weeks, they can thrash out a potential deal and then present it a minimum of 48 or 72 hours before an open Q&A with the fans (to give fans a time to digest the detail and look at the consequences of the changes).

With so many resignations of key people and dozens of rumours floating about, all I think it does is create even more instability within the club, which is the last thing we need right now.

I suppose what I'm asking for is immediate transparency. We need to know what's caused both the Chairman of 11 years and another 'real fan' Board member to resign and another highly-respected (by many of us anyway) one to be seriously considering his options.

Once we know, we can decide whether we trust those left on the Trust Board to represent US (as the fan base) within the club.

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:23 - Nov 15 with 1989 viewsLandore_Jack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:19 - Nov 15 by AngelRangelQS

It was a sh*t deal from the start and the Trust should never have made any recommendations.

I hope it does fall through and we go down the legal route.

You really think the majority of the members will vote for the legal option?

#backtojack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:27 - Nov 15 with 1973 viewsAngelRangelQS

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:23 - Nov 15 by Landore_Jack

You really think the majority of the members will vote for the legal option?

Doubt it.

Particularly with the new board. They'd probably recommend the "bend over and take it option" like they did last time and everyone will follow like sheep.
Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:28 - Nov 15 with 1960 viewsLandore_Jack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:27 - Nov 15 by AngelRangelQS

Doubt it.

Particularly with the new board. They'd probably recommend the "bend over and take it option" like they did last time and everyone will follow like sheep.

Yep. Totally agree.

#backtojack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:31 - Nov 15 with 1950 viewsHumpty

I voted for the deal the trust put forward. I may or may not have been correct in my choice but there you go.

However if the terms of the deal have changed then the trust obviously has no mandate to go through with it. I withdraw my vote.

It is that simple isn't it?
Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:35 - Nov 15 with 1933 viewsPegojack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:27 - Nov 15 by AngelRangelQS

Doubt it.

I don't agree, I think the majority would realize this time that the people we are dealing with can't be trusted, and it's time to fight. What if we lose? we'll be a Trust which still owns 20% of the shares, and no cash in the bank. So what?
Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:35 - Nov 15 with 1932 viewswaynekerr55

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:31 - Nov 15 by Humpty

I voted for the deal the trust put forward. I may or may not have been correct in my choice but there you go.

However if the terms of the deal have changed then the trust obviously has no mandate to go through with it. I withdraw my vote.

This.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:43 - Nov 15 with 1909 views34dfgdf54

How are the NDA's still viable when the terms of the agreement have now been changed?
Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:48 - Nov 15 with 1892 viewsMoscowJack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:43 - Nov 15 by 34dfgdf54

How are the NDA's still viable when the terms of the agreement have now been changed?

It doesn't matter what's been changed - the point of an NDA is that it is absolutely confidential and can't be discussed with anyone outside of the groups involved. Only with permission of the other party can any details be made public.

We need to force the disclosure asap.

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:48 - Nov 15 with 1890 viewsLandore_Jack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:31 - Nov 15 by Humpty

From the Trust statement....

"However we do feel there remains scope to agree a way forward and believe that matters will be progressed quickly, but if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members."

#backtojack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:49 - Nov 15 with 1883 viewsjacabertawe

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:56 - Nov 15 by Pegojack

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:55 - Nov 15 with 1868 viewsTheResurrection

If Stu MacDonald doesn't issue a full explanation as to the recent resignations we've got to respectfully ask for his too.

You can't just sit back and do nothing in these circumstances. That's just causing more uncertainty and mayhem.

We need the remaining Trust people to speak to us immediately. It's about time they fronted up and show us all why they're on there in the first place.

The deal has changed. That's not a trivial matter, regardless whether some on the Trust think, oh it's only a relatively lesser amount.

The deal has changed.

Explain your actions.

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 10:04 - Nov 15 with 1839 viewsE20Jack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 08:44 - Nov 15 by swanforthemoney

In what way is a Trust with £5m in the bank a strong trust?

Its a weak Trust, that will have shown it is easily led, highly manipulative and a weak business associate. It will also be a Trust that will probably have to give that money away is it not anywhere near enough to achieve the aims of what it was when it was birthed.

Hence why your vote let the club and its fans down badly. I dont blame you though. I blame the terribly thought out recommendation.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 10:07 - Nov 15 with 1831 viewsE20Jack

Let's get a few things in the open so the fans can have a say on 09:55 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

If Stu MacDonald doesn't issue a full explanation as to the recent resignations we've got to respectfully ask for his too.

You can't just sit back and do nothing in these circumstances. That's just causing more uncertainty and mayhem.

We need the remaining Trust people to speak to us immediately. It's about time they fronted up and show us all why they're on there in the first place.

The deal has changed. That's not a trivial matter, regardless whether some on the Trust think, oh it's only a relatively lesser amount.

The deal has changed.

Explain your actions.

Spot on, and explain them quickly.

Legal action needs to be sanctioned ASAP.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024