Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? 11:53 - Nov 15 with 5517 viewsacejack3065

Would this be a worthwhile exercise given the recent news and resignations?

It appears that the rats at the helm of the club are moving the goalposts. Surely all trust members should be consulted regarding the sale of shares if what was originally voted for is falling apart?
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 20:28 - Nov 15 with 1979 viewsBillyChong

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:26 - Nov 15 by londonlisa2001

But the last election (where I wasn't allowed to vote as it happens because I was away and asked for a vote electronically because the voting papers were at home and I was told I couldn't), no one said what they wanted going forward apart from Uxbridge (from memory), who said he wanted the deal and now doesn't.

Somebody speaking Welsh or going to the Swans since they were 2 doesn't mean I want to vote for them or don't want to vote for them. It's impossible unless they post on here or another forum.

The problem now is that the Trust board seems to be exclusively pro deal (except Ux). For the deal to be rejected will take at least half of the board being replaced by people who want to take different action. And that can't be done because the majority of members (who aren't on here), just go with the suggestions put forward.

The time to really get this sorted was in the summer, and yet those who've now resigned, were adamant that this course of action was correct.

If Phil, mattG and Uxbridge didn't think they could change the direction of the Trust board, I don't know how anyone else is going to.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:27]

The candidate statements alone do nothing to assist with voting decisions during board elections.

The Trust made a massive error in pushing the sale vote. The remaining members need to tell us why they are still so keen to push it through ASAP.
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 21:37 - Nov 15 with 1913 views34dfgdf54

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:39 - Nov 15 by OptimisticJack

To this day remarkably not a single person on the trust board asked me for my reasons for my resignation or even remotely discussed it.
I had expressed objections over several serious issues which soon after appeared in the public domain.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:53]

You expressed objections? From the outside looking in, that doesn’t seem like a wise thing to do, especially at that time when everyone had their rose tinted specs permantely attached to their head. I’m not surprised in the slightest you were ushered out quietly.

On the subject. I’ll be rejoining tomorrow, but I’m sad to say I have no faith whatsoever in those running the show. I’m doing it in in case of a second vote and that’s it.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 21:38]
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 09:09 - Nov 16 with 1791 viewsSoberBaker

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:54 - Nov 15 by londonlisa2001

I want to rejoin even less than I did before.

What signal do you think those still there will take from people resigning who disagreed with the direction being taken, a Trust statement being issued that says they want to proceed regardless and a load of people instantly rejoining?

This is what I was torn with, although I gave in and ended up chucking a tenner in their kitty.

Because I felt a bit dirty, I immediately contacted The Trust through their contact form stating that I was joining under protest and that I was re-joining so I may be able to voice my dissatisfaction about the direction the remaining Trust Board is heading.

Whether they read it is another thing

AMOW

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 09:45 - Nov 16 with 1761 viewsUxbridge

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 09:09 - Nov 16 by SoberBaker

This is what I was torn with, although I gave in and ended up chucking a tenner in their kitty.

Because I felt a bit dirty, I immediately contacted The Trust through their contact form stating that I was joining under protest and that I was re-joining so I may be able to voice my dissatisfaction about the direction the remaining Trust Board is heading.

Hi R . Not sure who administers that mailbox but a lot of the mails get forwarded onto the wider board.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 14:48 - Nov 16 with 1664 viewsmikecranleigh

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:44 - Nov 15 by CrazedBison

Sad to say I do not understand why in the world anyone would vote to sell. I surely didn't. Count me as one of the 231. Why not try to buy more shares rather than sell off any leverage we have?

I sent a question to the trust that if we took legal action could the Americans be forced to sell the trust a percentage of the share they bought this was never brought up
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:00 - Nov 16 with 1589 viewslonglostjack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 09:09 - Nov 16 by SoberBaker

I've rejoined too. I don't see another option at the moment and I don't think it's right that the Trust is abandoned to Yes men (and women).

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 20:01 - Nov 16 with 1559 viewsPhil_S

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 14:48 - Nov 16 by mikecranleigh

I sent a question to the trust that if we took legal action could the Americans be forced to sell the trust a percentage of the share they bought this was never brought up

I can answer that in saying I don’t believe that would be a possible outcome
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 20:55 - Nov 16 with 1505 viewsmax936

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 09:45 - Nov 16 by Uxbridge

Hi R . Not sure who administers that mailbox but a lot of the mails get forwarded onto the wider board.

That's a bit stupid then if members ask questions that generally no one who can answer sees the question, bit like a closed shop where the minions are kept out.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 08:05 - Nov 17 with 1413 viewsPhil_S

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 20:55 - Nov 16 by max936

That's a bit stupid then if members ask questions that generally no one who can answer sees the question, bit like a closed shop where the minions are kept out.

As Ux said - the mailbox is administered (generally by Nigel or Alan) and questions are either answered by one of those two or passed to someone who could answer them

When the consultation process was going on, most of the questions were answered by me personally. I have been told that there are people who claim that their questions were ignored but every question that landed in my inbox was answered
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 09:44 - Nov 17 with 1374 viewsSoberBaker

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 09:45 - Nov 16 by Uxbridge

Gah! Knew I should have provided an alias

*waves*

AMOW

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 10:05 - Nov 17 with 1360 viewsmax936

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 08:05 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

As Ux said - the mailbox is administered (generally by Nigel or Alan) and questions are either answered by one of those two or passed to someone who could answer them

When the consultation process was going on, most of the questions were answered by me personally. I have been told that there are people who claim that their questions were ignored but every question that landed in my inbox was answered

That's fair enough then Thanks, although reading between the lines it seems that any questions asked now may not be answered with a balanced answer if they are now wearing rose tinted glasses.
Its worrying as to where we go from here though, a vote of no confidence looks like the only option, although the other group seems to be growing would be a big step forward if they and the Trust to could come together and form an alliance or some now with the Trust breakaway and join them adding their experiences to move forward.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 10:18 - Nov 17 with 1352 viewsTheResurrection

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 08:05 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Phil,

2 things. Or Ux for this one, can you explain why no one at the Trust asked why Optimistic Jack resigned? I find that completely baffling. And I can see you've both avoided that post on this thread.

Secondly how long, approximately, have Nigel and Alan served on the Trust?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 10:24 - Nov 17 with 1349 viewsTheResurrection

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 09:44 - Nov 17 by SoberBaker

Gah! Knew I should have provided an alias

*waves*

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 10:46 - Nov 17 with 1333 viewsPhil_S

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 10:18 - Nov 17 by TheResurrection

Phil,

2 things. Or Ux for this one, can you explain why no one at the Trust asked why Optimistic Jack resigned? I find that completely baffling. And I can see you've both avoided that post on this thread.

Secondly how long, approximately, have Nigel and Alan served on the Trust?

Just taken a look back at the threads - not avoided merely missed. I don't know who Optimistic Jack is but generically when people leave they give their reasons. In the main I have always tried to ask them whether there are things that could be done differently or whether their minds are made up but sometimes the reasons are enough alone. I adopt the same position in the workplace when one of my team or even one of their direct reports leave - its a proper way of doing it. Sometimes though you just dont so I can offer no reason other than it would have just been a moment in time and nothing sinister.

I dont know the answer to point 2 - Alan joined after I did so its less than eleven years. Nigel isnt a board member he is the affiliated secretary so (as he so often told me) he has no vote when it comes to matters, is merely there to take the minutes. ;-) He was a board member in the early days but I would estimate it was about 10 years back that he stood down from an elected post. It's a bit like Dai really - affiliated legal.
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 16:13 - Nov 17 with 1271 viewsexhmrc1

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 10:46 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Just taken a look back at the threads - not avoided merely missed. I don't know who Optimistic Jack is but generically when people leave they give their reasons. In the main I have always tried to ask them whether there are things that could be done differently or whether their minds are made up but sometimes the reasons are enough alone. I adopt the same position in the workplace when one of my team or even one of their direct reports leave - its a proper way of doing it. Sometimes though you just dont so I can offer no reason other than it would have just been a moment in time and nothing sinister.

I dont know the answer to point 2 - Alan joined after I did so its less than eleven years. Nigel isnt a board member he is the affiliated secretary so (as he so often told me) he has no vote when it comes to matters, is merely there to take the minutes. ;-) He was a board member in the early days but I would estimate it was about 10 years back that he stood down from an elected post. It's a bit like Dai really - affiliated legal.

how long has Will Morris been on the board
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:43 - Nov 17 with 1200 viewswhoflungdung

And here s a question nobody has raised

Is this melange known to Clement as he s been careful not to mention outside forces

Are our players affected by this.

If not, they should be

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 20:09 - Nov 18 with 1090 viewsJackflack

I’ve embraced the disconnect that has been prevalent since the board sold us out.
The whole club from the Americans, the sellouts, the trust, the managers and the players has resulted in our wonderful football club becoming just a rich mans plaything.
Even in 1974 when we had to apply for re-election wasn’t as disheartening as what I’m witnessing now.
So. I’ve had a great day with my family, not tuned in to the game and haven’t let the embarrassing on the field ruin my weekend.
Ironically, OUR club won’t become ours again until we’re back in the lower leagues and the greedy kunts leave to find another Sky funded football club that they can bleed dry.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024