Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? 11:53 - Nov 15 with 5375 viewsacejack3065

Would this be a worthwhile exercise given the recent news and resignations?

It appears that the rats at the helm of the club are moving the goalposts. Surely all trust members should be consulted regarding the sale of shares if what was originally voted for is falling apart?
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 14:45 - Nov 15 with 3383 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I joined after the initial rallying call by Phil when this all started. I then watched in disbelief as The Trust recommended the poor deal. I'll join again if it will help oust whichever spineless individuals are trying to push through with the deal. Until I am told that this is an option, what is the point of rejoining?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 15:29 - Nov 15 with 3340 viewsoldcob

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 14:45 - Nov 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I joined after the initial rallying call by Phil when this all started. I then watched in disbelief as The Trust recommended the poor deal. I'll join again if it will help oust whichever spineless individuals are trying to push through with the deal. Until I am told that this is an option, what is the point of rejoining?

I've never left it. It's no good trying to alter things from the outside, you have to be on the inside to do that. You are young, intelligent, with a certain amount of arrogance (no offence intended), you'd be ideal for a position on the committee. Go for it Dwight.
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 15:45 - Nov 15 with 3309 viewsLandore_Jack

This is the result from the previous consultation vote:

Question One: Are you in favour of accepting the offer for a part sale of shares — Option One

Yes 684

No 231

Void 12

Percentage of Yes Votes 74.75%

Percentage of No Votes 25.24%

Percentage Turnout. 51.10%

#backtojack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 15:53 - Nov 15 with 3289 viewsicecoldjack

The trust is dead, it's a mis trust and did nothing when needed most. The damage has already been done, best leave it where it is for now.

Give it a couple of years when the club is burnt to the ground and it can all start a fresh.

The only one time it was really needed it failed, harsh but true.
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 16:06 - Nov 15 with 3264 viewsjack247

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 15:45 - Nov 15 by Landore_Jack

This is the result from the previous consultation vote:

Question One: Are you in favour of accepting the offer for a part sale of shares — Option One

Yes 684

No 231

Void 12

Percentage of Yes Votes 74.75%

Percentage of No Votes 25.24%

Percentage Turnout. 51.10%

And that’s how it would turn out again, assuming the Trust implore it’s members to vote sale again.

If they come out and say the vote was to sell last time, but the other parties moved the goalposts to such an extent that they feel another vote is necessary, they may get a less prejudiced response.
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 16:25 - Nov 15 with 3226 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 16:06 - Nov 15 by jack247

And that’s how it would turn out again, assuming the Trust implore it’s members to vote sale again.

If they come out and say the vote was to sell last time, but the other parties moved the goalposts to such an extent that they feel another vote is necessary, they may get a less prejudiced response.

If certain ex Trust board members were in a position to spell out exactly why they resigned and able to get their message across to the electorate there could be an interesting vote on the matter.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 16:42 - Nov 15 with 3201 viewsVetchfielder

I would urge everybody that didn't renew because of the way the vote was arranged to re-join immediately.

In the last vote, there was a cut off date for eligible members so if this is put back to members they may be too late if they wait for the second vote to be formally announced. I understand if people did not re-join out of principle but I really think there's a good chance for another vote on this.

As a footnote, I hope that if it does come to second vote, that the case placed before members for legal action is articulated by somebody that actually wants it.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:00 - Nov 15 with 3164 viewsLandore_Jack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 16:06 - Nov 15 by jack247

Such a shame that only 51.10% bothered to vote.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:04 - Nov 15 with 3151 viewsFlashberryjack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 16:42 - Nov 15 by Vetchfielder

I would urge everybody that didn't renew because of the way the vote was arranged to re-join immediately.

In the last vote, there was a cut off date for eligible members so if this is put back to members they may be too late if they wait for the second vote to be formally announced. I understand if people did not re-join out of principle but I really think there's a good chance for another vote on this.

As a footnote, I hope that if it does come to second vote, that the case placed before members for legal action is articulated by somebody that actually wants it.

I've just rejoined.

Come on people rejoin, and rejoin now!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:16 - Nov 15 with 3121 viewsbudegan

Okay I'm back onboard too. Rejoined.
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:23 - Nov 15 with 3107 viewsFlashberryjack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:00 - Nov 15 by Landore_Jack

Such a shame that only 51.10% bothered to vote.

I would think that % will be much higher should there be another vote.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:39 - Nov 15 with 3067 viewsphact0rri

After not even getting the chance to vote, or the information promised for those of us outside the UK I didn't bother to rejoin. There's a lot of things we can't do outside of the country and I respect that. But promising a vote and then bailing was pretty crap. So I didn't renew.

Though it this point with everyone leaving the trust I can't help if its not a bad idea to rebuild from top to bottom. The Trust's position has faded and what was once the mission statement and way operating needs to change. we can't expect to have the trust sitting at the table any longer so we need to be more proactive.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:46 - Nov 15 with 3053 viewsvetchonian

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:23 - Nov 15 by Flashberryjack

I would think that % will be much higher should there be another vote.

All ex members should rejoin and as many others join.
Then all members should email/write to the Trust board and remind
Them that they are there to represent the supporters interests and not to massage
their own egos.
They should be warned if they proceed with the sale given
Changes on terms that steps will be taken to remove them from office .
Given the recent resignations I fear for what is happening "good focused fans " are resigning as
certain fractions of the trust board seem to be taking it in the wrong direction.
Apathy as usual amongst fans letting others get involved whilst we sit on the sidelines
Has brought us here we need to mobilise now and fight the remaining trust board.......I thought our fight would be with the owners but now it seems we have an enemy within

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:52 - Nov 15 with 3045 viewsItchySphincter

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 14:45 - Nov 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's the point. If more people had taken note of the election papers things might be different. Some were openly saying that they were going to vote against the sale yet on the other stating who they were voting for, even though the candidate was pro sale. It's not a coherent thought pattern and demonstrates why PS know how shouldn't always be trusted.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:54 - Nov 15 with 3036 viewslondonlisa2001

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:46 - Nov 15 by vetchonian

Them that they are there to represent the supporters interests and not to massage
their own egos.
Given the recent resignations I fear for what is happening "good focused fans " are resigning as
certain fractions of the trust board seem to be taking it in the wrong direction.
Apathy as usual amongst fans letting others get involved whilst we sit on the sidelines
Has brought us here we need to mobilise now and fight the remaining trust board.......I thought our fight would be with the owners but now it seems we have an enemy within

I want to rejoin even less than I did before.

What signal do you think those still there will take from people resigning who disagreed with the direction being taken, a Trust statement being issued that says they want to proceed regardless and a load of people instantly rejoining?
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:03 - Nov 15 with 3001 viewsBobby_Fischer

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:46 - Nov 15 by vetchonian

their own egos.

But they are representing the majority of The Trust members wishes who voted for the deal.

How it was put across to the members was always going to ensure the vote went that way, so IF they put out another vote how do you think they're going to present it?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:07 - Nov 15 with 2981 viewsvetchonian

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 17:54 - Nov 15 by londonlisa2001

I want to rejoin even less than I did before.

What signal do you think those still there will take from people resigning who disagreed with the direction being taken, a Trust statement being issued that says they want to proceed regardless and a load of people instantly rejoining?

I understand your sentiment Lisa but my point is as members we have a vehicle to
change the board as discussed in two other threads.I am not advocating joining for the status quo
but as a means to driving a change to the trust board in following the resignations and
What is being said between the lines

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:12 - Nov 15 with 2968 viewsOptimisticJack

My son and I rejoined last night.
I decided not to rejoin this year due to my lack of confidence in the supporters trust and their approach to the vote.
I am saddened by this as only a few years ago I was a member of the trust board myself and a trust member since the day of its formation.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:50]

Optimisticjack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:17 - Nov 15 with 2949 viewsLandore_Jack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:12 - Nov 15 by OptimisticJack

My son and I rejoined last night.
I decided not to rejoin this year due to my lack of confidence in the supporters trust and their approach to the vote.
I am saddened by this as only a few years ago I was a member of the trust board myself and a trust member since the day of its formation.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:50]

What was the reaction of the Trust board when you resigned?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:18]

#backtojack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:17 - Nov 15 with 2949 viewsItchySphincter

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 15:53 - Nov 15 by icecoldjack

The trust is dead, it's a mis trust and did nothing when needed most. The damage has already been done, best leave it where it is for now.

Give it a couple of years when the club is burnt to the ground and it can all start a fresh.

The only one time it was really needed it failed, harsh but true.

The only time?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:26 - Nov 15 with 2916 viewslondonlisa2001

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:07 - Nov 15 by vetchonian

I understand your sentiment Lisa but my point is as members we have a vehicle to
change the board as discussed in two other threads.I am not advocating joining for the status quo
but as a means to driving a change to the trust board in following the resignations and
What is being said between the lines

But the last election (where I wasn't allowed to vote as it happens because I was away and asked for a vote electronically because the voting papers were at home and I was told I couldn't), no one said what they wanted going forward apart from Uxbridge (from memory), who said he wanted the deal and now doesn't.

Somebody speaking Welsh or going to the Swans since they were 2 doesn't mean I want to vote for them or don't want to vote for them. It's impossible unless they post on here or another forum.

The problem now is that the Trust board seems to be exclusively pro deal (except Ux). For the deal to be rejected will take at least half of the board being replaced by people who want to take different action. And that can't be done because the majority of members (who aren't on here), just go with the suggestions put forward.

The time to really get this sorted was in the summer, and yet those who've now resigned, were adamant that this course of action was correct.

If Phil, mattG and Uxbridge didn't think they could change the direction of the Trust board, I don't know how anyone else is going to.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:27]
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:30 - Nov 15 with 2904 viewsNeath_Jack

Not a chance.

When they tell us who is on the board and what direction they want us to go, as individuals, then I may consider it.

All you that are signing up after some high profile resignations, how is that going to look to the appeasers on the board? Madness.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:39 - Nov 15 with 2858 viewsOptimisticJack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:17 - Nov 15 by Landore_Jack

What was the reaction of the Trust board when you resigned?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:18]

To this day remarkably not a single person on the trust board asked me for my reasons for my resignation or even remotely discussed it.
I had expressed objections over several serious issues which soon after appeared in the public domain.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:53]

Optimisticjack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:44 - Nov 15 with 2839 viewsCrazedBison

Sad to say I do not understand why in the world anyone would vote to sell. I surely didn't. Count me as one of the 231. Why not try to buy more shares rather than sell off any leverage we have?
Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:56 - Nov 15 with 2798 viewsLandore_Jack

Rejoin the Trust. Call for another vote on the sale? on 18:39 - Nov 15 by OptimisticJack

To this day remarkably not a single person on the trust board asked me for my reasons for my resignation or even remotely discussed it.
I had expressed objections over several serious issues which soon after appeared in the public domain.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:53]

I find that incredible. A disgraceful way to behave. They are so short-sighted, its frightening. I shall be writing a letter to the Trust with a view of no confidence.

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024