Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence 17:14 - Nov 15 with 21654 viewsTheResurrection

As per a post from exhmrc1 on another thread.

""From the supporters trust website. A special meeting shall be called within 28 days if a written request is made by 10% of the members. This would have to specify the matter to be considered""

Link: https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-model-rules/

The Trust had 840 members at the last Board meeting meaning 84 would need to write a letter of no confidence, if indeed, you'd feel strongly enough to do so.

This thread could be used to mobilise the first troops of dissent and the beginnings of a new dawn with a change of approach and mindset within the Trust.

But first for the reasoning...

This wouldn't be a bad place to discuss consequences of both a change in the Trust and thereafter the relationship with the owners that could affect our survival chances.

It would be a big call so let's weigh up all potentials and use this as a platform to see what page most of us are on should a vote and consultation come back to the members.

Otherwise, the 84 could be totted up, organised and accounted for here.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 17:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 13:28 - Nov 18 with 3125 viewsTheResurrection

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 12:55 - Nov 18 by Uxbridge

I honestly don't know if anyone falls foul of that clause. It's possible they do. I can ask the question anyway.

Whether the rule should apply is the more relevant one I suspect, given that I know it's not in the later versions of the Supporters Direct model rules (wasn't in 2014 which we reviewed as part of the governance review).

Personally I'm in favour of term limits. We got those imposed for the officer positions. I think that question in terms of board membership itself needs to be looked at as part of the next review of those documents which is ongoing (and as a review should not take as long as last time). Arguments either way.

Please ask but also please keep to the rules as they are. Nothing has been amended yet.

12 years is twice, three times too long and the ones over that already should resign and be thanked for their service.

This is a good time to rip it up and start again.

It's a real chance for the Trust to show its worth.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 14:19 - Nov 18 with 3098 viewslonglostjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 13:26 - Nov 18 by exiledclaseboy

It’s not really relevant whether the rule should apply at the moment. Fact is that it does apply under the current rules.

This.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 15:29 - Nov 18 with 3057 viewsJack_Kass

Is there anything about the Trust anyone likes?

All the talk ive seen is just how the people on it are shite, the trust is shite, etc etc.

This is all a bit reminscent of dumping a long term partner at the moment, you want things to get better, but inevitably you know you're better off just ending it, for everyones benefit.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:55 - Nov 18 with 3009 viewsEilian

So what are we doing about this total shit shambles then?

Are we waiting for this new leader to get his webcam out before we decide if we like him or not? or are we all sending some sort of nasty letter?

Was there any sort of conclusion to it all?
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:01 - Nov 18 with 2998 viewsTheResurrection

Andrew,

Are you able to answer the posts about the 12 year rule?

Can you provide us with a list of who's out of date please?

Because, they HAVE to go i'm afraid.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:52 - Nov 18 with 2956 viewschadders

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 13:26 - Nov 18 by exiledclaseboy

It’s not really relevant whether the rule should apply at the moment. Fact is that it does apply under the current rules.

Praecist

and as Uxbridge suggested on page 4... rules is rules
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 23:54]
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:25 - Nov 19 with 2909 viewsDewi1jack

This is the letter I have sent to the Trust requesting a Special General Meeting.
Personally, I think January is too late to have the meeting, as it means that Beaky could be buying more sh1te players.
I think our SD should go for a motion of no confidence in Jenkins, even if the Yankees disagree- makes our position very clear.

19/11/2017

To
Stuart McDonald, Will Morris and the rest of the Trust Board.

I am a member who is very dismayed with the recent resignations and inference that the deal placed before the members to vote on has changed .

There appears to be a very significant change in that the current owners do not wish to work with you properly, as the 2nd biggest shareholder in the club

It appears that the Trust board are willing to push ahead with a deal that was heavily weighted in the American owners favour before they started to appear to be making changes to it. This deal was such a good one for Jenkins and the new owners that they should have paid up immediately, not still be negotiating.

This is all due to rumour and speculation due to your inability to communicate with the membership properly
The very fact that you are negotiating means that the deal has changed. Therefore you are bound to come back to the membership with the new terms.

I, as a member, therefore move that a Special General Meeting is called.
I also move that such a meeting is also available on the internet (webinar/ video conference etc) to allow the maximum amount of people to attend, ask questions and vote.

This meeting should it be called is not necessarily a vote of no confidence in the present Trust Board, but more a way of reigning in this ongoing saga.

I understand that 10% of the Trust members are required to request such a meeting. Should you receive this number (approx. 84?) then you must convene a meeting.
Respectfully yours.
Dewi Morgan.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:37 - Nov 19 with 2889 viewswhoflungdung

Respectfully?

Lol

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Login to get fewer ads

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:41 - Nov 19 with 2878 viewsDewi1jack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:37 - Nov 19 by whoflungdung

Respectfully?

Lol

And why not Rich?
Appearing to be polite costs nothing whatsoever.

Haven't seen your letter yet either.
Are you still a paid up member and allowed to request a SGM?
Have you done so?

If yes, well done. More the merrier as we'll fly past the 10% then
If not, why not?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:43 - Nov 19 with 2877 viewswhoflungdung

Because Dewi, there is no respect for the people involved in our demise

It's a polite form of ending a letter of course

Respect is something that all of us have lost

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:46 - Nov 19 with 2868 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:41 - Nov 19 by Dewi1jack

And why not Rich?
Appearing to be polite costs nothing whatsoever.

Haven't seen your letter yet either.
Are you still a paid up member and allowed to request a SGM?
Have you done so?

If yes, well done. More the merrier as we'll fly past the 10% then
If not, why not?

He doesn’t care Dewi his only concern is his kodi box being not used on a Saturday afternoon.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:53 - Nov 19 with 2867 viewsdobjack2

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:25 - Nov 19 by Dewi1jack

This is the letter I have sent to the Trust requesting a Special General Meeting.
Personally, I think January is too late to have the meeting, as it means that Beaky could be buying more sh1te players.
I think our SD should go for a motion of no confidence in Jenkins, even if the Yankees disagree- makes our position very clear.

19/11/2017

To

I am a member who is very dismayed with the recent resignations and inference that the deal placed before the members to vote on has changed .

There appears to be a very significant change in that the current owners do not wish to work with you properly, as the 2nd biggest shareholder in the club

It appears that the Trust board are willing to push ahead with a deal that was heavily weighted in the American owners favour before they started to appear to be making changes to it. This deal was such a good one for Jenkins and the new owners that they should have paid up immediately, not still be negotiating.

This is all due to rumour and speculation due to your inability to communicate with the membership properly
The very fact that you are negotiating means that the deal has changed. Therefore you are bound to come back to the membership with the new terms.

I also move that such a meeting is also available on the internet (webinar/ video conference etc) to allow the maximum amount of people to attend, ask questions and vote.

This meeting should it be called is not necessarily a vote of no confidence in the present Trust Board, but more a way of reigning in this ongoing saga.

I understand that 10% of the Trust members are required to request such a meeting. Should you receive this number (approx. 84?) then you must convene a meeting.
Respectfully yours.
Dewi Morgan.

Does your letter fit in with rules 32(b) and 33?
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 16:15 - Nov 19 with 2803 viewsSwanseajill

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:25 - Nov 19 by Dewi1jack

19/11/2017

To

Respectfully yours.
Dewi Morgan.

You may want to edit your last paragraph Dewi, the latest I've read is membership over a thousand.

Saying that, it could mean that we as fans are looking to the Trust ( as the fans voice ,so to speak) to transfer our disgust at the way this takeover was, and still is being handled.

A letter from the Trust board to the council.....asking to delay the stadium lease takeover until the Trust shares deal is done and dusted,, or if the members are asked to vote again on what steps to take.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 16:46 - Nov 19 with 2771 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 16:15 - Nov 19 by Swanseajill

You may want to edit your last paragraph Dewi, the latest I've read is membership over a thousand.

Saying that, it could mean that we as fans are looking to the Trust ( as the fans voice ,so to speak) to transfer our disgust at the way this takeover was, and still is being handled.

A letter from the Trust board to the council.....asking to delay the stadium lease takeover until the Trust shares deal is done and dusted,, or if the members are asked to vote again on what steps to take.

You do support that anyone over 12 years on the Trust should be gone though? You know as per rules iniit?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 17:01 - Nov 19 with 2740 viewsSwanseajill

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 16:46 - Nov 19 by Bobby_Fischer

You do support that anyone over 12 years on the Trust should be gone though? You know as per rules iniit?

If that's the rules, so be it.

What I support is ...anyone that has worked on the Trust for twelve years with no payment deserves a medal.
And as far as I'm concerned sitting in a directors box is not payment,..and not much fun either.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 17:25 - Nov 19 with 2710 viewsbarry_island

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 17:01 - Nov 19 by Swanseajill

What I support is ...anyone that has worked on the Trust for twelve years with no payment deserves a medal.
And as far as I'm concerned sitting in a directors box is not payment,..and not much fun either.

Don't mention "payment" Jill, we know that ended up badly for the Trust as well.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 17:59 - Nov 19 with 2682 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 17:01 - Nov 19 by Swanseajill

Irrelevant of what they've done?

This is the whole problem.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:07 - Nov 19 with 2653 viewsSwanseajill

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 17:59 - Nov 19 by Bobby_Fischer

Irrelevant of what they've done?

This is the whole problem.

What ...THEY have done?

Who?
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:13 - Nov 19 with 2628 viewswhoflungdung

The drugs don't work Bobby

Try a little respect when offering opinions to people who were instrumental in saving our club before the Trust was formed

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:26 - Nov 19 with 2602 viewsDewi1jack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 16:15 - Nov 19 by Swanseajill

Fair enough.
letter was posted much earlier on today so can't amend it.
They'll get the jist (hopefully!)

I really do agree with your 2nd and last paragraph and believe it or not, I'm not really hoping for a "vote of no confidence".
I'd rather prefer getting some lines of proper communication open with the Trust starting to do "what they say on the tin" eg protect our club.

If the deal has changed in any shape and with "negotiations taking place" it is painfully obvious it has (plus of course the resignations due to Trust direction),, then it is not what the members who voted yes for the deal actually voted for. For us that voted no, it makes no difference.

In which case The Trust needs to go straight back to the members.
The Trust were given strict lines on which to operate ie the poor deal they pushed so hard for.

Time to break off negotiations and go out fighting.
This attempt by the Yanks and sellout scum to change any terms put to the members only strengthens the Trusts hand.
They're certainly not acting in "good faith".
The deal they put forward was seriously weighted in their favour, now they want to change it?
Having a laugh aren't they?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:51 - Nov 19 with 2556 viewsSwanseajill

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:26 - Nov 19 by Dewi1jack

Fair enough.
letter was posted much earlier on today so can't amend it.
They'll get the jist (hopefully!)

I really do agree with your 2nd and last paragraph and believe it or not, I'm not really hoping for a "vote of no confidence".
I'd rather prefer getting some lines of proper communication open with the Trust starting to do "what they say on the tin" eg protect our club.

If the deal has changed in any shape and with "negotiations taking place" it is painfully obvious it has (plus of course the resignations due to Trust direction),, then it is not what the members who voted yes for the deal actually voted for. For us that voted no, it makes no difference.

In which case The Trust needs to go straight back to the members.
The Trust were given strict lines on which to operate ie the poor deal they pushed so hard for.

Time to break off negotiations and go out fighting.
This attempt by the Yanks and sellout scum to change any terms put to the members only strengthens the Trusts hand.
They're certainly not acting in "good faith".
The deal they put forward was seriously weighted in their favour, now they want to change it?
Having a laugh aren't they?

Having a laugh indeed.

The combination of the league results, the buyers going back on a deal, and the Trust upheaval means that something has got to give in the near future.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:01 - Nov 19 with 2538 viewsNeath_Jack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:13 - Nov 19 by whoflungdung

The drugs don't work Bobby

Try a little respect when offering opinions to people who were instrumental in saving our club before the Trust was formed

Give over you bumbling oaf.

Bobby wasn't being disrespectful to her.

I had a similar conversation with her last week regarding her blind support of the Trust.

Nothing offensive about it, so stop trying to be offended on behalf of someone that doesn't want it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:12 - Nov 19 with 2520 viewsSwanseajill

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:01 - Nov 19 by Neath_Jack

I had a similar conversation with her last week regarding her blind support of the Trust.

Nothing offensive about it, so stop trying to be offended on behalf of someone that doesn't want it.

He's defending a mate NJ,

Darran is a mate too.

Two mates who I would like to knock their heads together.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:22 - Nov 19 with 2494 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:01 - Nov 19 by Neath_Jack

“bumbling oaf”

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:25 - Nov 19 with 2483 viewsNeath_Jack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:12 - Nov 19 by Swanseajill

He's defending a mate NJ,

Darran is a mate too.

Two mates who I would like to knock their heads together.

Which would be fair enough Jill, if someone was being beastly to you.

But they weren't were they?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024