Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence 17:14 - Nov 15 with 21808 viewsTheResurrection

As per a post from exhmrc1 on another thread.

""From the supporters trust website. A special meeting shall be called within 28 days if a written request is made by 10% of the members. This would have to specify the matter to be considered""

Link: https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-model-rules/

The Trust had 840 members at the last Board meeting meaning 84 would need to write a letter of no confidence, if indeed, you'd feel strongly enough to do so.

This thread could be used to mobilise the first troops of dissent and the beginnings of a new dawn with a change of approach and mindset within the Trust.

But first for the reasoning...

This wouldn't be a bad place to discuss consequences of both a change in the Trust and thereafter the relationship with the owners that could affect our survival chances.

It would be a big call so let's weigh up all potentials and use this as a platform to see what page most of us are on should a vote and consultation come back to the members.

Otherwise, the 84 could be totted up, organised and accounted for here.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 17:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 08:53 - Nov 16 with 1242 viewsTheResurrection

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 01:09 - Nov 16 by Joe_bradshaw

I understand the principle mate.

People who have left now need to join though to get the 84 and then more besides to carry the day when votes are needed to get the right people elected to positions where they can be most effective.

We want the same things.

I know and agree...

More fans that give a shit need to be better informed of some of the inner workings and restrictions the Trust faces in their week to week dealings with the Americans.

We need to know what good looks like or even what fair might look like.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:07 - Nov 16 with 1199 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 08:13 - Nov 16 by Uxbridge

I said no such thing.

Anyone who joins today will get a vote on any future issue, and indeed could stand for a coopted position. The deadline for either has not passed.

There you go Chrissy.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:08 - Nov 16 with 1199 viewspencoedjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 08:33 - Nov 16 by 34dfgdf54

Good stuff.

Rejoined.

Yeah me too .....

I hope members think very carefully about who they elect when the vacant positions on the board are voted for.

Very important positions
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:16 - Nov 16 with 1174 viewsNeath_Jack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:08 - Nov 16 by pencoedjack

Yeah me too .....

I hope members think very carefully about who they elect when the vacant positions on the board are voted for.

Very important positions

The members are not given any information worth it's salt when it comes to voting people onto the board.

Hence the problem we are in now, it's full of what seems to be appeasers.

Until they start telling people what the candidates believe in, instead of what school they went to and when they started supporting the Swans, you'll keep on voting blindly.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:29 - Nov 16 with 1141 viewspencoedjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:16 - Nov 16 by Neath_Jack

The members are not given any information worth it's salt when it comes to voting people onto the board.

Until they start telling people what the candidates believe in, instead of what school they went to and when they started supporting the Swans, you'll keep on voting blindly.

Is that true Neath ?

Lets say we have 6 people wanting to fill the position left vacant by Phil, what information will I know before casting my vote ?

Id hate to think that someone who only believes in his own views & just dismisses people with a different view would be elected to the supporters trust of our football club
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:30 - Nov 16 with 1140 viewsMoscowJack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:07 - Nov 16 by Darran

There you go Chrissy.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Drop it now, Darran. It's not only boring it's detracting from people having some decent threads. Please try to stop yourself.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:30 - Nov 16 with 1131 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:16 - Nov 16 by Neath_Jack

Yeah but you already know what the ‘The Box Office’ stands for so when he’s running for election you’ll happily be able to vote for him.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:38 - Nov 16 with 1115 viewsUxbridge

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:29 - Nov 16 by pencoedjack

Is that true Neath ?

Lets say we have 6 people wanting to fill the position left vacant by Phil, what information will I know before casting my vote ?

Id hate to think that someone who only believes in his own views & just dismisses people with a different view would be elected to the supporters trust of our football club

Just to clear this up ...

The members elect the elected board members (11 positions I believe), for a term of 2 years. There are then 4 coopted positions the Trust board can fill, for a term of 1 year. It is out of those people that the Chairman and other positions are chosen. This happens every summer.

There'll be an announcement later today advertising for applications for the 4 vacant board member positions, which would be co-opted positions for the coming year. A statement outlining what you can bring to the role, what your views are on certain things and how you feel you can help the Trust better represent the members etc would be a good thing.

For what it's worth, from the other board members I've spoken to, I think applications from those who think they can bring a different voice to discussions would be a very desirable thing.

I hope people on here who feel that things are not heading in the direction they want take this opportunity.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:44 - Nov 16 with 1091 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:30 - Nov 16 by MoscowJack

Drop it now, Darran. It's not only boring it's detracting from people having some decent threads. Please try to stop yourself.

Eh no I won’t but thanks for your input.

Are you a member by the way?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:46 - Nov 16 with 1083 viewsexhmrc1

it appears from the comments on here many want the current board removed by means of a special general meeting. In that case all the current members would cease to act. A person would need to be nominated to take over the running the meeting and a temporary board would need to be elected to run the board until an election could be held as per the constitution. I assume you have decided you want to continue to be a member of the current board.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:47 - Nov 16 with 1081 viewsNeath_Jack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:29 - Nov 16 by pencoedjack

Is that true Neath ?

You'll know things like whether they can speak Welsh, the first Swans game they went to, and other fascinating facts like that.

What they won't tell you, is where they stand on things like the share sale, whether they believe Jenkins should remain in position etc etc.

So unless they post on here and make their feelings know, you may as well just close your eyes and pick whoever your finger lands on.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:55 - Nov 16 with 1055 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:44 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

Joe Bradshaw

This is why. I've not been able to join through sheer principle. I've explained my reasons time and time again but I think I'm living proof of how you can make change happen and not be in the Trust.

I'm also pretty sure the ones on this site who aren't members want to be, or at least if they would've been enthused at all by anything the Trust did would have joined.

These are big failings for me and I'm guessing others and they've needed addressing for years.

Eillian,

It doesn't matter how many people join the Trust it would just mean that around 84 would be needed to individually draft a letter with whatever their concern was.

This thread was designed to see how many would do that but also to take on board ideas and potential new directions.

Not many have discussed the consequences of a noconfidence vote and Itchy has made a good point.

In light of the silence from the Trust after the resignations and amidst all the confusion should the 84 initial letters call for an EGM in the first instance and instead of waiting to hear from the Trust Board we could proactively bring them to account?

Of course it matters how many people join Trust - We need 10% of the membership? If another 100 people join The Trust 84 isn't 10% of 940.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:56 - Nov 16 with 1046 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:46 - Nov 16 by exhmrc1

it appears from the comments on here many want the current board removed by means of a special general meeting. In that case all the current members would cease to act. A person would need to be nominated to take over the running the meeting and a temporary board would need to be elected to run the board until an election could be held as per the constitution. I assume you have decided you want to continue to be a member of the current board.

They aren’t thinking that far ahead mate and going by the jungle drums (PMs) questions are already being asked why ‘someone’ appears to be intent on destroying the Trust in its current form but wants nothing to with destroying it or having anything to do with it in the future.
I’ve now had 10 PMs basically saying the same thing.
Very strange.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:57 - Nov 16 with 1042 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:56 - Nov 16 by Darran

They aren’t thinking that far ahead mate and going by the jungle drums (PMs) questions are already being asked why ‘someone’ appears to be intent on destroying the Trust in its current form but wants nothing to with destroying it or having anything to do with it in the future.
Very strange.

And as you can see there’s several posters in this thread questioning it too.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:58 - Nov 16 with 1043 viewspencoedjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:38 - Nov 16 by Uxbridge

The members elect the elected board members (11 positions I believe), for a term of 2 years. There are then 4 coopted positions the Trust board can fill, for a term of 1 year. It is out of those people that the Chairman and other positions are chosen. This happens every summer.

There'll be an announcement later today advertising for applications for the 4 vacant board member positions, which would be co-opted positions for the coming year. A statement outlining what you can bring to the role, what your views are on certain things and how you feel you can help the Trust better represent the members etc would be a good thing.

For what it's worth, from the other board members I've spoken to, I think applications from those who think they can bring a different voice to discussions would be a very desirable thing.

I hope people on here who feel that things are not heading in the direction they want take this opportunity.

So the members vote for who gets elected to the board for 2 years > 11 positions

Those 11 board members then choose who takes what position on the board for 1 year.

Its pretty obvious that to elect someone to a board Id want to know their views on the current situation with the Swans / sell outs / investment etc & not what Neath has mentioned which school they went to / 1st game / speak Welsh.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:05 - Nov 16 with 1024 viewsTheResurrection

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:47 - Nov 16 by Neath_Jack

You'll know things like whether they can speak Welsh, the first Swans game they went to, and other fascinating facts like that.

What they won't tell you, is where they stand on things like the share sale, whether they believe Jenkins should remain in position etc etc.

So unless they post on here and make their feelings know, you may as well just close your eyes and pick whoever your finger lands on.

No point going back with a sincere reply to him Jay mate, he's just trying his best to get a rise out of me and has followed me around the Board for a few weeks now.

There's a few at it and I'm sure all it does is get in the way of hearty debate. I can see Darren will continue like this forever more, I just hope others can look at him as a bad example and think that's the last person they want to emulate.

Ux

Before I potentially rejoin the Trust for the first time in about 3 years, is there likely to be any more resignations?

And out of the 11 that are left, what are we talking percentage wise that's the split on the harder stance versus the softer approach?

I hope you can at least answer these bland questions.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:07 - Nov 16 with 1013 viewspencoedjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:05 - Nov 16 by TheResurrection

No point going back with a sincere reply to him Jay mate, he's just trying his best to get a rise out of me and has followed me around the Board for a few weeks now.

There's a few at it and I'm sure all it does is get in the way of hearty debate. I can see Darren will continue like this forever more, I just hope others can look at him as a bad example and think that's the last person they want to emulate.

Ux

Before I potentially rejoin the Trust for the first time in about 3 years, is there likely to be any more resignations?

And out of the 11 that are left, what are we talking percentage wise that's the split on the harder stance versus the softer approach?

Don't flatter yourself sunshine ...
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:09 - Nov 16 with 1005 viewsDafyddHuw

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:58 - Nov 16 by pencoedjack

So the members vote for who gets elected to the board for 2 years > 11 positions

Those 11 board members then choose who takes what position on the board for 1 year.

Its pretty obvious that to elect someone to a board Id want to know their views on the current situation with the Swans / sell outs / investment etc & not what Neath has mentioned which school they went to / 1st game / speak Welsh.

Can someone (preferably someone who would know, like Ux) please confirm this figure of 84/840, before we all go off writing letters and later finding out that the figures being bandied on here are correct?

Thanks.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:16 - Nov 16 with 978 viewsTheResurrection

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:56 - Nov 16 by Darran

Very strange.

What's very strange is you humiliating yourself on this message board for so many years. A quick drag through archived threads paint you into an extremely embarrassing position.

You were and always will be well off the pace when it comes to understanding important matters affecting the Club.

And anyone that sends you a PM isn't worth a mention. There are plenty of posters from all walks of life on here and lots have opened their eyes to the running of our club, both past and present, who's done well for it, who's deserved to.

I'd like to think that far from it have I destroyed anything, more like brought matters to life.

And everytime I've tried to do that, and been proven absolutely correct many times over, it's you are the one trying to destroy.

The Trust has needed a shake up for bloody years, it's gone well past it's useful sell by date, it needs an injection of heart and soul and energy.

Ask the people who are messaging you or on here in general if they'd disagree with that?

You don't have to always be the bitter, down on your luck snide you've become. There's more out there for you away from one single website.

Grasp the nettle and sort yourself out FFS.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:16 - Nov 16 with 977 viewsWill

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:38 - Nov 16 by Uxbridge

I support Ux on this matter. There are 4 co-opted posts available and I urge those who wish to bring a different perspective on Trust/supporter issues to apply. Different viewpoints within an elected body is a desirable and will ultimately lead to a more dynamic organisation.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:17 - Nov 16 with 973 viewsOptimisticJack

Thanks for outlining that Ux. Am I correct in saying that the 4 posts available because they are co-opted will be decided upon by the remaining trust board members and not the full trust membership by way of a vote ?

Optimisticjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:18 - Nov 16 with 960 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:05 - Nov 16 by TheResurrection

Ux

Yeah that’ll be it but I’m a member ready to vote for action.
You’ve just been told that you too can vote for action if you join up and there’s a vote.
You’ve got principles you though eh?
Very strange and a lot of people are asking why.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:19 - Nov 16 with 958 viewsTheResurrection

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:07 - Nov 16 by pencoedjack

Don't flatter yourself sunshine ...

Mark I'm going to offer a truce. All this will get us nowhere.

Siggy and Llorente aside, no more beef from me 😉

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:22 - Nov 16 with 942 viewsTheResurrection

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:09 - Nov 16 by DafyddHuw

Can someone (preferably someone who would know, like Ux) please confirm this figure of 84/840, before we all go off writing letters and later finding out that the figures being bandied on here are correct?

Thanks.

As Bobby rightly pointed out above if more join the percentage will need to increase. Very good Bob 😉

But the 10% will be relative and more than achievable.

Even if we got to 2000 members I couldn't see a problem in amassing 200 letters.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:25 - Nov 16 with 922 viewsUxbridge

Ux

Always a dig eh.

I don't anticipate any more resignations at this time. I can't rule it out of course but nobody has indicated that's their plan.

On the second question, I'm not giving names and numbers, but it's safe to say a significant majority think the best approach is to continue the discussions with the Americans to see if the issues can be resolved rather than terminate the discussions before every avenue has been taken.

I think this is the thing has been lost in the debate. It's far from certain how things will pan out. We know that any variations on the deal have to be brought back to the members ... and I'm not aware of anyone who has a contrasting view to that. I don't know what the board recommendation at that time would be and it's far from clear that those on the board would recommend an amended deal. Have to remember, despite the rewriting of history, nobody was saying it was a great deal last time. It's certainly far more likely the board wouldn't if those who would take a stronger line stand at this time. And that goes for everything, not just this deal. I've certainly got no idea how the membership would vote in that regard, on any of the three potential courses of action.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024