Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland. Bravo 21:01 - Nov 15 with 5784 viewswhoflungdung

First to introduce minimum price for alcohol. It's a brave decision and hopefully it ll help to change the drinking culture

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Scotland. Bravo on 13:58 - Nov 16 with 3237 viewsLeonWasGod

Scotland. Bravo on 09:44 - Nov 16 by union_jack

Although I was 110% behind the smoking ban as it directly affects others, I think this initiative reeks of a nanny state approach.

Alcohol, whilst it is still legal, should be sold at the market price and not taxed to keep people healthy. That's up to the individual.

Just my opinion.

What happens when the individuals show they can't be trusted? People don't seem able to control themselves and the price paid is high, in many ways.

Agree I don't like the idea of nanny stateism. And prohibition has been shown to not work; high prices don't either. I don't know what the answer is but alcohol is a major problem
Scotland. Bravo on 14:01 - Nov 16 with 3235 viewsHighjack

How is this going to help anyone with a drinking issue? It'll just make them poorer and eventually drive them to stealing. If they have an addiction raising the price will mean nothing.

Its all about tax receipts. Anyone who can't see that is a fool.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scotland. Bravo on 14:35 - Nov 16 with 3209 viewsFlashberryjack

Scotland. Bravo on 09:39 - Nov 16 by whoflungdung

People who cannot enjoy themselves without alcohol need a rethink

It's no good being defensive about this

Alcohol is pretty destructive in one way or another and if we NEED it to enjoy life then surely questions need to be asked

Even on this thread comments become personal

It's not PUB culture at all .Alcohol is stupid cheap and we make excuses all the time

So put the price of alcohol up......and people will stop drinking or cut down will they ? FFS

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scotland. Bravo on 14:44 - Nov 16 with 3203 viewswhoflungdung

What s to say they won't ?

It's opinion

Scotland. Bravo on 14:58 - Nov 16 with 3189 viewsFlashberryjack

Scotland. Bravo on 14:44 - Nov 16 by whoflungdung

What s to say they won't ?

It's opinion

Maybe they should put a tax on opinions.......then not so many people would have them.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scotland. Bravo on 15:13 - Nov 16 with 3175 viewssquarebear

Personally speaking, increasing the price of alcohol is not going to affect my intake. Equally they could reduce the price of ciggies to 5p a packet and I still wouldn’t take up smoking. It’s a lifestyle choice for me, and booze is my little weekend mood-enhancer.

But if money was tight and booze suddenly became unaffordable, what will people do? Ecstasy is only about a fiver a pill....
Scotland. Bravo on 16:39 - Nov 16 with 3140 viewswhoflungdung

Mood enhancer .cracking that

Clearly, alcohol and it's consumption is seen as some sort of pre requisite for happiness . Just look at us

My wife drinks very little ,my daughter not at all and both full of fun and buzz.

It's probably because of the devastation Ive seen that makes me feel we gotta try something to crack obesity . Primary target should be sugary drinks and fast food outlets which should be hammered

When I travel, do you know what, it's amazing to see people in various countries not drinking themselves to a stupor ,smoking and indeed able to live without betting making " rich" people even richer

The alcohol industry NEEDS people to drink as they do and encourage it

Same with massive tobacco industry

Fook them

Scotland. Bravo on 19:10 - Nov 16 with 3113 viewsmax936

Scotland. Bravo on 01:16 - Nov 16 by Highjack

Yes let's price people out of enjoying themselves, it's the modern way.

Just another tax for governments to collect and spend unwisely as per fuking usual.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland. Bravo on 19:15 - Nov 16 with 3108 viewsmax936

Scotland. Bravo on 08:13 - Nov 16 by Elward

I think it says a lot about people who say without going out drinking or getting drunk that they are bored. Ever thought that it's maybe you that is boring? You need alcohol to have a good time? Maybe take up a hobby or do something? Your life is still your life weather you have alcohol or not, only difference is when your drunk you forget how boring you actually are. Just my take.

Speaking for myself, I work all week got a hectic home life on times, I train a few times or more a week and on a Saturday I have a few beers, I'm 57 shortly so I've earned the right.
If peeps wish to disagree with that, carry on.

Scotland. Bravo on 20:08 - Nov 16 with 3090 viewsHighjack

Moderation is the key. Having the odd fag a couple of times a week won't do much harm. Smoking 40 a day will. Same with booze, food, sunlight, having pants that are too tight, dodgy bras, sleep too little, sleep too much. Literally everything will harm you if you do too much of it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scotland. Bravo on 20:50 - Nov 16 with 3075 viewsAnotherJohn

When I used to drink around the Dundee pubs in the 1980s the atmosphere was uncompromisingly masculine and PC was an alien concept. The few SNP types I knew liked their pint of 'heavy' (sometimes with a wee dram). I'm not saying it was a very attractive environment. but a lot of people from those days would have been amazed to learn that when the nationalists finally got into power they ushered in a nanny state.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 20:52]
Scotland. Bravo on 21:00 - Nov 16 with 3063 viewsDan_Swan

I can think of on major issue with this particular topic and that is Licensing, in that there is no accountability for the major pub chains as they don't have landlords who could lose their livelihoods, instead they have bar managers.

Likewise with the Supermarkets, Corner shops etc... there's no limit with how much you can buy. Therefore with this there's no accountability. Granted the consumer needs to take some responsibility but instead of hitting everyone, including the responsible in society with what is a tax, why not license all premises properly?

Add into this the Government allowing premises to open all day, everyday....

Still following Dr's orders!

Scotland. Bravo on 21:40 - Nov 16 with 3038 viewssP7qupUf

Scotland. Bravo on 09:43 - Nov 16 by theloneranger

So businesses just across the border in England can make a fortune from "booze runs" coming from Scotland.

Spot on. And lorry drivers bringing masses of "cheap" alcohol from Berwick and Carlisle on their way home to sell on perfectly legally. Bit like the old days of duty free and booze cruises to Calais. Hell of a lot of money to be made from this potential trade for anyone. No business ability required!!
Scotland. Bravo on 21:49 - Nov 16 with 3026 viewsmax936

Scotland. Bravo on 20:08 - Nov 16 by Highjack

Moderation is the key. Having the odd fag a couple of times a week won't do much harm. Smoking 40 a day will. Same with booze, food, sunlight, having pants that are too tight, dodgy bras, sleep too little, sleep too much. Literally everything will harm you if you do too much of it.

Sleep that's my biggest problem I reckon I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 hrs although I'm usually in bed for 7 or 8 hrs but I don't sleep for that, just got used to it now I suppose, takes ages to drop off, yet the Mrs's head hits the pillow and she's out like a light its not fair

Scotland. Bravo on 21:50 - Nov 16 with 3025 viewspikeypaul

Lorry drivers selling alcohol perfectly legally?

I think you may need a license to sell alcohol and I do not mean a HGV license.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024