Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread 12:58 - Nov 16 with 60757 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 14:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 08:13 - Nov 17 with 2766 viewsFireboy2

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 03:10 - Nov 17 by Glyn1

Is that your little boy next to you?

Best to phone them about that: 01282 411304.

Their website is www.thebridgebeerhuis.co.uk

It seems to be halfway between Burnley Central station and the ground so I'll probably drop in as well.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 3:17]

Not being funny Glyn but do you wear glasses lol

Ps cheers for the advice re the pub matey

I will pm you my number so text or ring me when you are in Preston and we can either meet up in blackburn or burnley ok matey
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 10:03 - Nov 17 with 2709 viewsFrank_Lazarus

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 22:08 - Nov 16 by FieryJack

Only pub I've been in in Blackburn is the Navigation Inn, a nice enough canal-side pub not far from Ewood Park, but in truth too far off the beaten track to bother with.

As far as Burnley goes, I'd recommend The Bridge Bier Huis, ten minutes walk from the ground, which has quality beer and a good, busy atmosphere.

Went there last season. Was rammed with Burnley, with a few Swans fans here and there having a good natter with the locals. Nice enough folk, but not a good idea to go in "giving it large". Treat them with respect and they'll do the same with you.

Cricket Club's ok - will be more Swans fans in there if that's what you want, but it's a bit sterile and lacking in atmosphere, like most social clubs.

Watch the stewards though - 2 years ago I turned up with a new Yale lock which I'd bought on the way to the ground. I was searched and had it confiscated, but was promised I could retrieve it after the game, but the steward who had it never turned up at the assigned place.

Robbing northern B-----d!

The Navigation is a cracking little boozer.

Very close to Mill Hill station. If there's a direct rail link from MH to Burnley, then that'd be an option. Otherwise, agree it's too far out of the way to bother with tomorrow.
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 10:37 - Nov 17 with 2687 viewswhoflungdung

As regards parking ,plenty street parking opposite the main entrance in the streets behind . You ll find a large former Mill and it's pretty safe there to park in streets

Leaving Burnley can be a pain.

Do not be tempted to drive away from stadium and loop around towards the 65 .Traffic is horrendous .

Exit at point nearest town centre . Same apllies coming in t town

Burnley might be northern ,which many of you hate , but it's very working class

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 10:59 - Nov 17 with 2673 viewsFireboy2

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 10:03 - Nov 17 by Frank_Lazarus

The Navigation is a cracking little boozer.

Very close to Mill Hill station. If there's a direct rail link from MH to Burnley, then that'd be an option. Otherwise, agree it's too far out of the way to bother with tomorrow.

Yes you can get to burnley straight from mill hill lazarus but it's a slower train though one plus point is it goes to burnley central which is closer to the ground than manchester rd plus you could take in the beer huis on the way 😁

Ps if anyone wants to meet up at the navigation(we will be made most welcome by local as we are playing burnley)let me know and we can sort a time out
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 11:59 - Nov 17 with 2631 viewskarnataka

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 07:48 - Nov 17 by ItchySphincter

Coldest ground I've ever been to.

Oldham takes that accolade for me.
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 13:26 - Nov 17 with 2562 viewsSwanseajill

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 07:48 - Nov 17 by ItchySphincter

Coldest ground I've ever been to.

A night game at Notts County takes the biscuit for me. Open corner of the ground with the wind coming up off the Trent.

Never completely recovered from that night game, flash backs are gone now though.
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 14:27 - Nov 17 with 2516 viewsSwanjaxs

Burnley 0 Swans 2... have a feeling our season turns around tomorrow, you have to hit rock bottom before you can start to climb back up and that was Brighton... so I'm going 0-2 and I've got a twenty that thinks the same too!! WHO ARE WE!!!! 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 14:49 - Nov 17 with 2508 viewsPegojack

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:21 - Nov 16 by monmouth

Boring load of shit and lose by one goal. No intent whatsoever and some shallow excuse in the post match for why we only had one or two shots on goal. Bony and Sanches both get new hamstring or calf strains.

Business as usual.

I'm keeping my expecatations low on this one.

Pretty much with you all the way there, Butty, although I have high expectations of the pie and mushy peas in the cricket club.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 17 with 2427 viewsFieryJack

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 13:26 - Nov 17 by Swanseajill

A night game at Notts County takes the biscuit for me. Open corner of the ground with the wind coming up off the Trent.

Never completely recovered from that night game, flash backs are gone now though.

Worst for me was Doncaster away (it's always the northern clubs, aye), December 17 2005.

Horrifically cold. Reckon the air temperature was not much above zero, but the wind factor must have brought it down to -5C, and it was at their old ground where the away end was a big terrace, completely open, uncovered and exposed.

Bought a plastic beaker of tea to try and warm up but was shaking so much that half of it ended up on my trousers and 👠!

A gang of blokes from somewhere in west Wales was there, congo-ing around in Santa Claus outfits.

Got there 10 minutes late, just in time to see our Akinfenwa-sized black tank of a defender, Kevin Austin, get sent off. They scored from the penalty, we equalised through Sam Ricketts, and gamely held on until they scored the winner towards the end.

Leon, Tate, Monk, Martinez & Trundle on the pitch that day.

The image that's sticks in my mind the most was of this unaccompanied young woman, about 17, who for some bonkers reason had turned up wearing nowt but trainers, jeans and a flimsy, short-sleeved replica Swans top. She spent the game in some kind of private hell, crouched down, her arms hugging her body, rocking back and forth on the terrace. Her arms went purple and I felt like a criminal for not offering her my overcoat.

Almost makes me weep to think about it now.

Other disastrous cold away days include turning up at Rotherham (night) and Histon Utd (a suburb of Cambridge) in the FA cup to discover both games called off due to frozen pitches.

Don't f*** with the north in wintertime, I say.

It'll be long johns, thermal vest and a hat down over my ears at Burnley tomorrow!

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:54 - Nov 17 with 2383 viewsGlyn1

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 17 by FieryJack

Worst for me was Doncaster away (it's always the northern clubs, aye), December 17 2005.

Horrifically cold. Reckon the air temperature was not much above zero, but the wind factor must have brought it down to -5C, and it was at their old ground where the away end was a big terrace, completely open, uncovered and exposed.

Bought a plastic beaker of tea to try and warm up but was shaking so much that half of it ended up on my trousers and 👠!

A gang of blokes from somewhere in west Wales was there, congo-ing around in Santa Claus outfits.

Got there 10 minutes late, just in time to see our Akinfenwa-sized black tank of a defender, Kevin Austin, get sent off. They scored from the penalty, we equalised through Sam Ricketts, and gamely held on until they scored the winner towards the end.

The image that's sticks in my mind the most was of this unaccompanied young woman, about 17, who for some bonkers reason had turned up wearing nowt but trainers, jeans and a flimsy, short-sleeved replica Swans top. She spent the game in some kind of private hell, crouched down, her arms hugging her body, rocking back and forth on the terrace. Her arms went purple and I felt like a criminal for not offering her my overcoat.

Other disastrous cold away days include turning up at Rotherham (night) and Histon Utd (a suburb of Cambridge) in the FA cup to discover both games called off due to frozen pitches.

It'll be long johns, thermal vest and a hat down over my ears at Burnley tomorrow!

Just so long as you continue to wear those red high heeled shoes.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:17 - Nov 17 with 2366 viewskarnataka

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 17 by FieryJack

If I were you, I'd make sure that hat can cover your eyes as well as your ears.
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:27 - Nov 17 with 2356 viewsperplex

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:42 - Nov 16 by spiderboy

pleased to see your looking at the positives!

Stop being silly, at the moment there are no positives.
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:29 - Nov 17 with 2355 viewsperplex

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 23:02 - Nov 16 by ZZoric

thats a pity - the ebullience and positivity after enjoying the performance against a v strong Arsenal was a welcome change

theintent, endeavour and structure was highly encouraging - and enjoyable

i'm keeping my expectations up

An under motivated Arsenal, you need to stop grasping at straws.
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:35 - Nov 17 with 2342 viewswhoflungdung

And what s the weather like in the valleys in wintertime

Cold ,wet,

The same

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:00 - Nov 17 with 2322 viewsGlyn1

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:35 - Nov 17 by whoflungdung

And what s the weather like in the valleys in wintertime

Cold ,wet,

The same

Swansea isn't in the valleys!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:02 - Nov 17 with 2319 viewsFireboy2

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:00 - Nov 17 by Glyn1

Swansea isn't in the valleys!

Richie has obviously forgotten
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:07 - Nov 17 with 2316 viewsFieryJack

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:54 - Nov 17 by Glyn1

Just so long as you continue to wear those red high heeled shoes.

My girlfriend has taken to hiding all her 👠 - whether red or not - the night before I'm due to go to a game!

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:15 - Nov 17 with 2313 viewswhoflungdung

Richie never forgets .

Not that that can be said for many on here

Not long ago ,there was discussion as to what the boundaries of Swansea were .That means the Swansea Valley towns

Also, somd on here ARE from valleys around Swansea

I don't recall Ammanford, Brecon, Aberdare ,Merthyr being particularly mild and benign ,just feckn wet .

Forecast is dry but with a cold north west wind coming in ,which WILL make it feel cold

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:24 - Nov 17 with 2289 viewsDarran

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:15 - Nov 17 by whoflungdung

Richie never forgets .

Not that that can be said for many on here

Not long ago ,there was discussion as to what the boundaries of Swansea were .That means the Swansea Valley towns

Also, somd on here ARE from valleys around Swansea

I don't recall Ammanford, Brecon, Aberdare ,Merthyr being particularly mild and benign ,just feckn wet .

Forecast is dry but with a cold north west wind coming in ,which WILL make it feel cold

Oh fuçk off out of the match thread will you you weirdo.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:36 - Nov 17 with 2282 viewssplJack

Fab

KN FF AM MO

Leon Ki

Sanches

Tammy Ayew

Bony

Swansea 2-0
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:49 - Nov 17 with 2269 viewsmonmouth

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 13:26 - Nov 17 by Swanseajill

To be honest, the vetch one January against Blackpool was pretty brassic. I couldn’t feel my feet or fingers and when Charlo scored in injury time to win it, I actually could not move to celebrate. I’m a right Jessie in the cold though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:55 - Nov 17 with 2260 viewsShaky

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:49 - Nov 17 by monmouth

To be honest, the vetch one January against Blackpool was pretty brassic. I couldn’t feel my feet or fingers and when Charlo scored in injury time to win it, I actually could not move to celebrate. I’m a right Jessie in the cold though.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brassic

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:58 - Nov 17 with 2258 viewsmonmouth

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:55 - Nov 17 by Shaky

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brassic

Oops. I can’t even think what I meant. Maybe Baltic, but I’ve sunbathed there. Anyone care to help me out?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:03 - Nov 17 with 2247 views3swan

Oldham was always cold.

Coldest though was at Walsall's old ground. We lost 4-0 and I was so cold a filling fell out of one of my teeth.

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:05 - Nov 17 with 2242 views3swan

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:58 - Nov 17 by monmouth

Oops. I can’t even think what I meant. Maybe Baltic, but I’ve sunbathed there. Anyone care to help me out?

Brass monkey weather
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024