Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Council give go ahead to ground deal 19:57 - Nov 16 with 2483 views3swan

Rubber stamped by the council

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-42016477

Unless the terms change
Council give go ahead to ground deal on 20:35 - Nov 16 with 2427 viewsSwans_16

If we’re paying £300k to lease it, they must be looking to sell the naming rights as soon as possible to someone to cover the costs.
Council give go ahead to ground deal on 20:50 - Nov 16 with 2381 viewspencoedjack

Council give go ahead to ground deal on 20:35 - Nov 16 by Swans_16

If we’re paying £300k to lease it, they must be looking to sell the naming rights as soon as possible to someone to cover the costs.

It won’t be far off paying for itself although the council do haves a cut of any naming rights

For example

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/509757/Stoke-r
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 21:03]
Council give go ahead to ground deal on 21:25 - Nov 16 with 2314 viewswhiterock

Half a Mill a year naming rights, £300k rent, sense
Council give go ahead to ground deal on 21:27 - Nov 16 with 2310 viewsFlashberryjack

Probably just me being thick here but.

Why take a lease out for £300,000 a year when you were only paying a peppercorn rent ?

If we are relegated will the rent remain the same ?

Why would you offer a percentage of naming rights on top of the £300 k ?

Why would you even consider expanding a ground when it looks likely that we will be struggling to half fill it next season ?

There must be a logical answer to these questions.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Council give go ahead to ground deal on 21:29 - Nov 16 with 2308 viewsNeathJack

Council give go ahead to ground deal on 21:27 - Nov 16 by Flashberryjack

Why take a lease out for £300,000 a year when you were only paying a peppercorn rent ?

Why would you even consider expanding a ground when it looks likely that we will be struggling to half fill it next season ?

Not to mention the club will no doubt be liable for any maintenance costs, which given the stadium is now 13 years old, will soon start to mount up.
Council give go ahead to ground deal on 21:39 - Nov 16 with 2268 viewsGlyn1

"Why would you even consider expanding a ground when it looks likely that we will be struggling to half fill it next season ?"

Perhaps because we'll still have one of the smallest grounds in the Championship if we do go down.

Having a 20,000 crowd in a 30,000 stadium would be OK - people and families could plan to be alongside each other, and you wouldn't have to plan ahead to get a ticket.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Council give go ahead to ground deal on 21:48 - Nov 16 with 2248 viewsFlashberryjack

Council give go ahead to ground deal on 21:39 - Nov 16 by Glyn1

"Why would you even consider expanding a ground when it looks likely that we will be struggling to half fill it next season ?"

Perhaps because we'll still have one of the smallest grounds in the Championship if we do go down.

Having a 20,000 crowd in a 30,000 stadium would be OK - people and families could plan to be alongside each other, and you wouldn't have to plan ahead to get a ticket.

Rather pointless having a big ground if you can't fill it on a fairly regular basis.

What was our average crowd when we were last in the Championship, around 14/15 thousand I would think.

And this is just my pessimistic view here, but if do we go down this season we wont be in the Championship the following season after that.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Council give go ahead to ground deal on 21:51 - Nov 16 with 2236 viewsmonmouth

Council give go ahead to ground deal on 21:39 - Nov 16 by Glyn1

You think we'd get 20.000 in the Chumpionshit. Bloody hell, I'll have a pint of the same please barman.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Council give go ahead to ground deal on 22:36 - Nov 16 with 2147 viewspencoedjack

We are owned by an American hedge fund

Owning the stadium ( which it is as good as ) makes us a far more valuable asset

We have already sold the Crown Jewels maximising there profits /replaced with loaners / reduced the wage bill with all the big earners being taken off the books.

If we stay up I’ll be amazed if they don’t sell next summer if we get relegated well we are fuked
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024