Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments 16:01 - Nov 17 with 12962 viewsLandore_Jack

Nigel Hamer, Secretary to the Swansea City Supporters' Trust Board has today confirmed that current Trust Vice Chairman, Will Morris will be taking up the vacant position of Trust Chairman with immediate effect. Will continues as an Associate Director of the Club.

Commenting on his appointment as Chairman Will said. 'I propose to make a full statement to Trust Members in the coming days. In the meantime however I just wanted to say that I am privileged to take on this role and together with the rest of the Trust Board will always look to work in the long term interest of the Football Club and its fans. The ongoing discussions with the Majority Shareholders over the proposed sale of some of the Trust's shareholding is something I would want to see concluded as soon as possible and I can again re-assure you that if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members.'

Nigel Hamer also confirmed that Alan Lewis will take up the Vice Chairman's position vacated by Will Morris.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:06]

#backtojack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:50 - Nov 17 with 1015 viewsNeathJack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:45 - Nov 17 by TheResurrection

How long has he had that Title.

Who gave it to him and why?

He's named on the Club Board alongside Tenko, there's no mention of anything to do with the Trust next to his name.

Did Jenkins or Dineen or Morgan give him this Directorship?

The Trust was afforded an associate director post a while back which is appointed by the Trust board much like the Supporter Director.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:51 - Nov 17 with 1013 viewsGaryjack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:09 - Nov 17 by Darran

Who did you think was going to be the new Trust Chairman then?

Serious question.

Any fvcker will do Dar isi it?
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:54 - Nov 17 with 997 viewsTheResurrection

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:50 - Nov 17 by NeathJack

The Trust was afforded an associate director post a while back which is appointed by the Trust board much like the Supporter Director.

So why does Will himself call it an honorary position, he doesn't mention it's anything to do with the Trust?

And why isn't Stu MacDonald on the Club website next to the list of Director's, particularly Will's and David Morgan? Is David Morgan also another being afforded another Trust Director role and making observations?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:59 - Nov 17 with 998 viewsNeathJack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:54 - Nov 17 by TheResurrection

So why does Will himself call it an honorary position, he doesn't mention it's anything to do with the Trust?

And why isn't Stu MacDonald on the Club website next to the list of Director's, particularly Will's and David Morgan? Is David Morgan also another being afforded another Trust Director role and making observations?

I don't know why Will calls it that, but it is a Trust position. In regards to the Club website, they are completely incompetent so what else would you expect and David Morgan, as I understand it has nothing to do with the Trust.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree on this in regards to the Trust associate director post.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:04 - Nov 18 with 984 viewsTheResurrection

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:59 - Nov 17 by NeathJack

I don't know why Will calls it that, but it is a Trust position. In regards to the Club website, they are completely incompetent so what else would you expect and David Morgan, as I understand it has nothing to do with the Trust.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree on this in regards to the Trust associate director post.

Why did Will himself call it an honorary position?

That's not an answer, that's you making stuff up. I'm guessing you're messaging Phil here like you normally do but that's nowhere near an explanation

An honorary position he said. That doesn't sound Trust related

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:07 - Nov 18 with 977 viewsTheResurrection

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:56 - Nov 17 by Will

Just to assure all that have posted on here I hold an associate director title. In reality it is just an honorary title and holds no power and privileges whatsoever. With reference to earlier postings I can confirm that I am no nodding dog, I don’t get fed prawn sandwiches every week and attended 7 away games in the last two seasons. You will note that I intend to make a full statement next week. In the interim I wish to state that as Phil’s Vice Chair, I fully acknowledge the immense contribution he has made during his time as Chairman which will be included in my statement . Needless to say I have told him so privately. I welcome frank and open dialogue with all fans as I strive to make the Trust a more communicative organisation.

"""
Just to assure all that have posted on here I hold an associate director title. In reality it is just an honorary title and holds no power and privileges whatsoeve"""

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:09 - Nov 18 with 969 viewsTheResurrection

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:50 - Nov 17 by NeathJack

Have you got the minutes for this appointment ?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:16 - Nov 18 with 955 viewsNeathJack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:04 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

Why did Will himself call it an honorary position?

That's not an answer, that's you making stuff up. I'm guessing you're messaging Phil here like you normally do but that's nowhere near an explanation

An honorary position he said. That doesn't sound Trust related

"Fack" me you're paranoid.
Login to get fewer ads

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:18 - Nov 18 with 952 viewsNeathJack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:09 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

So you want out find out some info, but you want me to look it up for you as you don't believe it?

How can I put this, "facking" look it up yourself.

Oh, and when you're done come back and apologise.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:22 - Nov 18 with 941 viewsNeathJack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:09 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

BTW, I've no idea why you're baiting me on this (other than the usual habit and ignorance reasons), as we're actually on the same page if you'd bothered to look beyond the end of your ego and paid attention.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:26 - Nov 18 with 935 viewsWill

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:48 - Nov 17 by TheResurrection

Mate he's a Club man, he's not a Trust man and I mean no personal offence here but this is the sort of reason Cooze was allowed his dual remuneration roles and why the Trust are clearly bent over a barrel.

Good evening Chris. Just to clarify a few facts: 1.I’ve been on the Trust Board for around 11 years. 2. Associate Director title is simply a title that has been there ever since I joined the Trust Board. It has no powers whatsoever, although I have attend one Director meeting purely as an observer 3. I have attended in the Directors box on a rota with Stuart and Phil Sumbler (21% shareholders). 4. Only in recent times have I known the current Directors 5.Was not involved with the “old guard” 6. Never received any remuneration from the Club 7.Have no personal vested interest in the Club. 8. I’m only a Club man in so much as I support the team, other than that I am very much a Trust person and have the interests of the fans at heart. 9. Engagement with the fans is a key issue for me. You have you views Chris and I respect that. Let’s see how things develop over the next couple of weeks. At the end of the day actions speak louder than words, no matter how much I comment on this website.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:28 - Nov 18 with 928 viewsNeathJack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:26 - Nov 18 by Will

Good evening Chris. Just to clarify a few facts: 1.I’ve been on the Trust Board for around 11 years. 2. Associate Director title is simply a title that has been there ever since I joined the Trust Board. It has no powers whatsoever, although I have attend one Director meeting purely as an observer 3. I have attended in the Directors box on a rota with Stuart and Phil Sumbler (21% shareholders). 4. Only in recent times have I known the current Directors 5.Was not involved with the “old guard” 6. Never received any remuneration from the Club 7.Have no personal vested interest in the Club. 8. I’m only a Club man in so much as I support the team, other than that I am very much a Trust person and have the interests of the fans at heart. 9. Engagement with the fans is a key issue for me. You have you views Chris and I respect that. Let’s see how things develop over the next couple of weeks. At the end of the day actions speak louder than words, no matter how much I comment on this website.

Will,

Am I right in saying that as the Trust's Associate Director, you are entitled to attend every board meeting?
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:35 - Nov 18 with 919 viewsWill

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:28 - Nov 18 by NeathJack

Will,

Am I right in saying that as the Trust's Associate Director, you are entitled to attend every board meeting?

I’m not there in an Associate Trust capacity (that title is meaningless). When Stuart was made SD the Trust asked for, and were granted, an individual to sit in as an observer with no voting rights. In that capacity I attended one meeting and Phil Sumbler attended the other.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:37 - Nov 18 with 914 viewsWill

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:35 - Nov 18 by Will

I’m not there in an Associate Trust capacity (that title is meaningless). When Stuart was made SD the Trust asked for, and were granted, an individual to sit in as an observer with no voting rights. In that capacity I attended one meeting and Phil Sumbler attended the other.

Typo error. That should have said Associate Director capacity.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:41 - Nov 18 with 909 viewsNeathJack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:35 - Nov 18 by Will

My understanding was that the Associate Trust Director WAS the observer (without voting rights)? I was under the impression that was the whole point of the title?
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:47 - Nov 18 with 903 viewswhiterock

Will deserves backing, He leads from the front and I 100% back that, ask yourself if you would step up? Good luck Will
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:47 - Nov 18 with 902 viewsDarran

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 23:51 - Nov 17 by Garyjack

Any fvcker will do Dar isi it?

Well no Gar not really the point I was trying to make was that the new Trust Chairman was undoubtedly going to be one of the current board.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:54 - Nov 18 with 891 viewswhiterock

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:47 - Nov 18 by Darran

Well no Gar not really the point I was trying to make was that the new Trust Chairman was undoubtedly going to be one of the current board.

Which a tough job ahead with the need for broad shoulders
Good luck Will
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 07:31 - Nov 18 with 807 viewsBillyChong

It doesn’t seem right to me that members of the trust board are sitting in the directors box whilst these deal negotiations are ongoing.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 07:34 - Nov 18 with 802 viewsBillyChong

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:14 - Nov 17 by ATFV

Good luck Will, I hope you make a real success of this new era for the Trust.

Now the niceties are out of the way, could you please explain to me why there are any negotiation with the Americans at all? As a Trust member you put a deal in front of me, a deal that had been struck between the Americans and the Trust Board. You asked me to vote on THAT deal. Once the vote came through in favour of accepting it should have been a case of signing the paperwork, NOT further negotiation.

I voted on a detailed proposal, you have no mandate from me to discuss anything other than that deal exactly as it was presented.

I urge you to immediately break off talks with the Americans who have consistently shown they cannot be trusted as far as a man with broken arms could throw them. An immediate vote should b staged on now taking this legal - Lisa is correct when she says the Americans have shown they have not negotiated in good faith. And that in itself, coupled with our efforts to reach agreement and the recent Blackpool verdict, strengthens what was already said to be a strong legal case.

At the very least you should be calling an immediate Fans Forum to discuss current events and explain why, more than 3 months after a vote was staged, no deal is complete and instead the Americans are laughing at the fans whilst the club lurches from one crisis to the next on their watch.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 20:27]

Spot on
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 07:39 - Nov 18 with 798 viewsJinxy

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 07:31 - Nov 18 by BillyChong

It doesn’t seem right to me that members of the trust board are sitting in the directors box whilst these deal negotiations are ongoing.

Unless Michael Corleone was right?
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 08:01 - Nov 18 with 778 viewsTheResurrection

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:41 - Nov 18 by NeathJack

My understanding was that the Associate Trust Director WAS the observer (without voting rights)? I was under the impression that was the whole point of the title?

Good morning Will,

Can you please clarify this but clearly in much more detail as you're confusing people.

Also, you have been on the Trust for more than 11 years, why would you be made Chairman when you've got to stand down in a few weeks/months, as per the Trust's model rules?

How many games per season do you sit in the Director's box, is it a third, so around 6 games?

Do you count Leigh Dineen, Jenkins and Morgan as personal friends? Again. Just to clarify I have nothing against that, they're probably all lovely blokes, but just wondering?

You voted to keep negotiating with the Americans when they changed the initial agreement, are you of the belief the change in detail is just trivial? Why didn't you think it was time right there to say, stop, show some respect or get stuffed?

How long has Ron Knuska and Alan Lewis sat on the Board, are any over 12 years?

You say action speaks louder than words, but was there anything stopping you being more commutative in the past? You were Vice Chairman, were you under instructions not to communicate and what's changed now?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 08:07 - Nov 18 with 764 viewsTheResurrection

also Will when were you made an Associate Director and why did you call it an honorary position?

Thanks.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 08:34 - Nov 18 with 726 viewsMoscowJack

Will,

You must have missed the couple of times I asked when you could put a date on a webinar.

Not only will it be a chance for you to engage with the fans in quite a structured way but it will give us a platform to ask our questions.

We need something organised asap (ie Monday evening) or people will simply presume the worst, especially in light of the recent resignations, rumours, etc.

Ignoring these requests won't help either. Quite the opposite actually.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 09:06 - Nov 18 with 679 viewsUxbridge

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 08:34 - Nov 18 by MoscowJack

Will,

You must have missed the couple of times I asked when you could put a date on a webinar.

Not only will it be a chance for you to engage with the fans in quite a structured way but it will give us a platform to ask our questions.

We need something organised asap (ie Monday evening) or people will simply presume the worst, especially in light of the recent resignations, rumours, etc.

Ignoring these requests won't help either. Quite the opposite actually.

In fairness I don't think your question has been ignored, probably just lost in the maelstrom. It's a good idea though, but I would say that as I made the same suggestion also! Not sure on timings though. TBC I guess. Agree on need for much more frequent and proactive comms though.

Also, fair play to Will for fronting up and answering questions or here. I hope that willingness to engage is viewed positively. Being Chairman of the Trust is a massive job and all anyone can ask is that is taken at face value.

This AD argument is a bit of a red herring though. It's a position that's nominated from the Trust board. They didn't necessarily need to also be the observer we have at board meetings, but it kind of makes sense for them to be one and the same IMO.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024