Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments 16:01 - Nov 17 with 12961 viewsLandore_Jack

Nigel Hamer, Secretary to the Swansea City Supporters' Trust Board has today confirmed that current Trust Vice Chairman, Will Morris will be taking up the vacant position of Trust Chairman with immediate effect. Will continues as an Associate Director of the Club.

Commenting on his appointment as Chairman Will said. 'I propose to make a full statement to Trust Members in the coming days. In the meantime however I just wanted to say that I am privileged to take on this role and together with the rest of the Trust Board will always look to work in the long term interest of the Football Club and its fans. The ongoing discussions with the Majority Shareholders over the proposed sale of some of the Trust's shareholding is something I would want to see concluded as soon as possible and I can again re-assure you that if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members.'

Nigel Hamer also confirmed that Alan Lewis will take up the Vice Chairman's position vacated by Will Morris.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:06]

#backtojack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:22 - Nov 17 with 4678 viewsswancity

If If If

If any of the terms of the final offer differ? Mmmmm

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:23 - Nov 17 with 4670 viewsmax936

He doesn’t fill me with any confidence and no mention for the leaving Chairman, sits in the Directors box with his wife every game is he impartial ld hope so, but no that appointment doesn’t fill me with any confidence or encourage me to spend another tenner.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:38]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:28 - Nov 17 with 4648 viewsmax936

Nigel Hamer isn’t someone ld pin my hopes on either, lm sure he used to be on the committee of the Rugby club l played for, is he from Neath?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:34 - Nov 17 with 4608 viewsMoscowJack

How can any 'intro' speech not start with thanking the outgoing Chairman for all his good work, etc? Even if he didn't mean a word of it, it's common courtesy and pretty much a given when writing these things.

I hope Will is not a nodding dog and easily lead as that's the last sort of person we need. I don't think I've ever met him, so I am not going to judge him based solely on what others say and I genuinely wish him well.

Those size 11s aren't easy to fill, but he could grab some low-hanging fruit if he's really in touch with the fans. If not, he's the wrong person!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:38 - Nov 17 with 4585 viewsswancity

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:23 - Nov 17 by max936

He doesn’t fill me with any confidence and no mention for the leaving Chairman, sits in the Directors box with his wife every game is he impartial ld hope so, but no that appointment doesn’t fill me with any confidence or encourage me to spend another tenner.

The same mistakes are being made, same unaccountability, same getting into bed, it makes you want to vomit TBH . Keep your distance mun just do your jobs properly.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:43 - Nov 17 with 4562 viewsmax936

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:38 - Nov 17 by swancity

The same mistakes are being made, same unaccountability, same getting into bed, it makes you want to vomit TBH . Keep your distance mun just do your jobs properly.

Exactly Nige. This deal will go through in spite of any movement of the goal posts in my opinion, somin has to be done a strong vote of no confidence has to be brought to bare, next home game flyers need to be given out to that end explaining exactly what has/is going on.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:47 - Nov 17 with 4541 viewsswancity

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:43 - Nov 17 by max936

Exactly Nige. This deal will go through in spite of any movement of the goal posts in my opinion, somin has to be done a strong vote of no confidence has to be brought to bare, next home game flyers need to be given out to that end explaining exactly what has/is going on.

I hope I'm wrong on this, I really do but I can only see the Trust now wanting to do their absolute best to get the deal done to satisfy the wishes of the new (and old) owners. I'm hoping that they show the balls I don't think they have.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:02 - Nov 17 with 4462 viewsmax936

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:47 - Nov 17 by swancity

I hope I'm wrong on this, I really do but I can only see the Trust now wanting to do their absolute best to get the deal done to satisfy the wishes of the new (and old) owners. I'm hoping that they show the balls I don't think they have.

It’s all been far to cosy Nige we’ve seen that with Huw Cooze, lulled in by club run by the fans for the fans.

Login to get fewer ads

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:10 - Nov 17 with 4428 viewsswancity

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:02 - Nov 17 by max936

It’s all been far to cosy Nige we’ve seen that with Huw Cooze, lulled in by club run by the fans for the fans.

As leaders of a fans group they need to distance themselves completely from the owners especially on match days. Instead what attracts a lot of them to these roles is the perceived glamour of attachment and association which can also include all kinds of perks such as match day hospitality, free seats n the directors box and so on. Rubbing shoulders with Football Club owners seems to excite some people. Once again all of the old mistakes will continue to be made and it may well be that Phil Sumbler was swimming against the tide with a lot of this bollox as again it will be the ruination of the Trust.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:21 - Nov 17 with 4364 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:23 - Nov 17 by max936

Hi Max, just to confirm, are you saying our new Trust chairman has been sitting in the directors box all season?

If so that is very disturbing. After what has happened, there should be no friendly mingling like that until the deal is complete. How do we know Jenkins or his messengers haven't been slipping words into his ear each week to try to influence any actions he may take as a Trust board member, now Chairman?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:31 - Nov 17 with 4337 viewsmax936

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:21 - Nov 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hi Max, just to confirm, are you saying our new Trust chairman has been sitting in the directors box all season?

If so that is very disturbing. After what has happened, there should be no friendly mingling like that until the deal is complete. How do we know Jenkins or his messengers haven't been slipping words into his ear each week to try to influence any actions he may take as a Trust board member, now Chairman?

As far as know yes, the person that told me should know lm not gonna day say who, but as he’s [morris] deemed as a director it’s probably right.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 17:32]

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:32 - Nov 17 with 4327 viewsLandore_Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:21 - Nov 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Maybe Phil S can confirm?

#backtojack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:33 - Nov 17 with 4312 viewsFlashberryjack

Very disturbing indeed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:38 - Nov 17 with 4297 viewsswancity

And not just until the deal is complete. There will forever be conflicts of interest on all matters. Simply, do not make friends with the directors and accept hospitality especially when in positions to represent fans. It's rubbing salt in wounds it really is and especially when the wounds are recently (self) inflicted

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:56 - Nov 17 with 4241 viewsWill

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:33 - Nov 17 by Flashberryjack

Very disturbing indeed.

Just to assure all that have posted on here I hold an associate director title. In reality it is just an honorary title and holds no power and privileges whatsoever. With reference to earlier postings I can confirm that I am no nodding dog, I don’t get fed prawn sandwiches every week and attended 7 away games in the last two seasons. You will note that I intend to make a full statement next week. In the interim I wish to state that as Phil’s Vice Chair, I fully acknowledge the immense contribution he has made during his time as Chairman which will be included in my statement . Needless to say I have told him so privately. I welcome frank and open dialogue with all fans as I strive to make the Trust a more communicative organisation.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:03 - Nov 17 with 4213 viewsVetchfielder

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:56 - Nov 17 by Will

Just to assure all that have posted on here I hold an associate director title. In reality it is just an honorary title and holds no power and privileges whatsoever. With reference to earlier postings I can confirm that I am no nodding dog, I don’t get fed prawn sandwiches every week and attended 7 away games in the last two seasons. You will note that I intend to make a full statement next week. In the interim I wish to state that as Phil’s Vice Chair, I fully acknowledge the immense contribution he has made during his time as Chairman which will be included in my statement . Needless to say I have told him so privately. I welcome frank and open dialogue with all fans as I strive to make the Trust a more communicative organisation.

Thank you Will and good luck in your new role.

Could you please organise a General Meeting for this share sale stuff to be discussed?

Thanks

Proud to have been one of the 231

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:05 - Nov 17 with 4207 viewslonglostjack

Only 7 away games in two seasons? Poor effort that.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:06 - Nov 17 with 4198 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

That's good to hear. I think you should host an online webinar very soon, ideally in the next week, with Stuart McDonald with you so that members and ex members, both local and far away can finally get their questions answered and ensure that your tenure starts off with your members up to date on everything they can possibly be, barring the NDA related things of course.

I can not think of a better way to get help your strive to make the Trust a more communicative organisation a reality as quickly as possible. Good luck with the role, you have my respect for taking it up.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:08 - Nov 17 with 4190 viewslondonlisa2001

Will - I for one wish you well in your new role.

One question though. Your statement uses the words 'if any of the terms of the final offer differ...'

Do you accept that a large part of the Trust's own justification for its recommendation of accepting the proposed deal was based on the continuation of a good faith working relationship with the majority shareholders? And as such, do you also accept that 'the final offer' has already been varied to the extent that the Trust membership should be consulted once more?
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:10 - Nov 17 with 4179 viewsWill

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:03 - Nov 17 by Vetchfielder

Thank you Will and good luck in your new role.

Could you please organise a General Meeting for this share sale stuff to be discussed?

Thanks

If there is a need to call a forum I certainly will be all in favour of it. At the end of the day we, as a Trust are answerable to our members. I’m In favour of dialogue with the fan base as a whole. I will not add any further at the moment or I’ll end up writing next week’s statement.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:14 - Nov 17 with 4131 viewsDarran

Congratulations Will keep up the good work.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:19 - Nov 17 with 4122 viewswhiterock

Good luck Will, I’m sure whilst negotiations are ongoing we all have to be patient
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:36 - Nov 17 with 4050 viewsWill

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:08 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Will - I for one wish you well in your new role.

One question though. Your statement uses the words 'if any of the terms of the final offer differ...'

Do you accept that a large part of the Trust's own justification for its recommendation of accepting the proposed deal was based on the continuation of a good faith working relationship with the majority shareholders? And as such, do you also accept that 'the final offer' has already been varied to the extent that the Trust membership should be consulted once more?

Thanks Lisa.

Firstly, the Trust, as 21% shareholders, has strived from the outset to work in good faith with the majority shareholders, and certainly at a local level progress has been made. In terms of the current negotiations I can confirm that if the final offer is varied to any extent I feel that we are obligated to go back to our members.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:39 - Nov 17 with 4037 viewsVetchfielder

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:10 - Nov 17 by Will

If there is a need to call a forum I certainly will be all in favour of it. At the end of the day we, as a Trust are answerable to our members. I’m In favour of dialogue with the fan base as a whole. I will not add any further at the moment or I’ll end up writing next week’s statement.

Thanks Will but I think there's a need for a Forum already and hopefully if you read the comments on the 3 or 4 other threads relating to this issue then you will come to same conclusion. In fact I think you'd struggle to find anybody on here who would not welcome a meeting on this - and I mean now/asap, i.e. not at some future unspecified date when you've arrived at some agreement with the owners.

Proud to have been one of the 231

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:46 - Nov 17 with 3999 viewsWill

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:39 - Nov 17 by Vetchfielder

Thanks Will but I think there's a need for a Forum already and hopefully if you read the comments on the 3 or 4 other threads relating to this issue then you will come to same conclusion. In fact I think you'd struggle to find anybody on here who would not welcome a meeting on this - and I mean now/asap, i.e. not at some future unspecified date when you've arrived at some agreement with the owners.

I don’t disagree with your last sentence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024