Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments 16:01 - Nov 17 with 12748 viewsLandore_Jack

Nigel Hamer, Secretary to the Swansea City Supporters' Trust Board has today confirmed that current Trust Vice Chairman, Will Morris will be taking up the vacant position of Trust Chairman with immediate effect. Will continues as an Associate Director of the Club.

Commenting on his appointment as Chairman Will said. 'I propose to make a full statement to Trust Members in the coming days. In the meantime however I just wanted to say that I am privileged to take on this role and together with the rest of the Trust Board will always look to work in the long term interest of the Football Club and its fans. The ongoing discussions with the Majority Shareholders over the proposed sale of some of the Trust's shareholding is something I would want to see concluded as soon as possible and I can again re-assure you that if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members.'

Nigel Hamer also confirmed that Alan Lewis will take up the Vice Chairman's position vacated by Will Morris.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:06]

#backtojack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:54 - Nov 17 with 1357 viewsmax936

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:56 - Nov 17 by Will

Just to assure all that have posted on here I hold an associate director title. In reality it is just an honorary title and holds no power and privileges whatsoever. With reference to earlier postings I can confirm that I am no nodding dog, I don’t get fed prawn sandwiches every week and attended 7 away games in the last two seasons. You will note that I intend to make a full statement next week. In the interim I wish to state that as Phil’s Vice Chair, I fully acknowledge the immense contribution he has made during his time as Chairman which will be included in my statement . Needless to say I have told him so privately. I welcome frank and open dialogue with all fans as I strive to make the Trust a more communicative organisation.

Thanks for that Will, l wish you well and we need to be stronger as a fan base, because the rumours don’t bode well, we cannot and should not be rode rough shod over by the majority share holders, if they want to change the deal (which in my opinion we shouldn’t have agreed to in the first place) then the deal should be null and void, we need to be strong and probably make an alliance with the other group and grow stronger together there’s lots to talk about and lots to sort out, as a 21% shareholder we Need to stand strong.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 19:09]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:03 - Nov 17 with 1324 viewsVetchfielder

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:46 - Nov 17 by Will

I don’t disagree with your last sentence.

That sounds promising, thank you.

Proud to have been one of the 231

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:06 - Nov 17 with 1318 viewsWill

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:54 - Nov 17 by max936

Thanks for that Will, l wish you well and we need to be stronger as a fan base, because the rumours don’t bode well, we cannot and should not be rode rough shod over by the majority share holders, if they want to change the deal (which in my opinion we shouldn’t have agreed to in the first place) then the deal should be null and void, we need to be strong and probably make an alliance with the other group and grow stronger together there’s lots to talk about and lots to sort out, as a 21% shareholder we Need to stand strong.

Thanks max. I agree, there is a lot to talk about and there is a need for a lot more communication. At end of the day we are all Swans fans and want our Club to be a success. Ideally we would unite under the Trust banner. I realise many posters are not Trust members and I would like to increase our membership. To do that the Trust has to earn it’s stripes.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:07 - Nov 17 with 1316 viewslondonlisa2001

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:36 - Nov 17 by Will

Thanks Lisa.

Firstly, the Trust, as 21% shareholders, has strived from the outset to work in good faith with the majority shareholders, and certainly at a local level progress has been made. In terms of the current negotiations I can confirm that if the final offer is varied to any extent I feel that we are obligated to go back to our members.

Thanks Will.

But that's not what I asked. Sorry - I obviously worded it badly - I'll attempt to clarify.

In order for there to exist a good faith relationship between the Trust and the majority shareholders, the good faith has to be on both sides.
I'm heartened to read that the Trust has strived to show good faith in its relationship with the majority, however, I am concerned with the lack of reciprocation.
In attempting to vary the terms of the offer which formed the basis of the Trust's recommendation, (a fact confirmed in the resignation statement from your predecessor and recent statements from another former Trust board member), that lack of reciprocation has been thrown into sharp relief.

The Trust board's recommendation that the membership should accept the terms of the offer was at least partly based on a good faith relationship that does not exist. The ability of the Trust to rely on that relationship was specifically cited as part of the 'offer package'.

As such, the 'offer' as recommended and accepted has already been irretrievably varied.

As such, the membership should be consulted again, in light of this new information.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:11 - Nov 17 with 1297 viewsShaky

"I. . .will always look to work in the long term interest of the Football Club and its fans"

Good luck in your new position.

As you embark on this, i invite you to reflect on the difference between the Trust's mission to sustain professional football in Swansea, and looking after the long term interests of a club owned by Swansea City 2002 Limited, a majority owned subsidiary of a US Deleware registered Limited Liability Partnership.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 19:17]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:12 - Nov 17 with 1291 viewsMoscowJack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:46 - Nov 17 by Will

I don’t disagree with your last sentence.

That's encouraging and thanks for taking the time to reply on here.

When you do you think it would be possible to get a date and time for the webinar please?

Preferably some time during early next week as we can't afford to have these things dragging on. We don't need the whole Board to attend - just you and Stu maybe?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:19 - Nov 17 with 1256 viewsE20Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:11 - Nov 17 by Shaky

"I. . .will always look to work in the long term interest of the Football Club and its fans"

Good luck in your new position.

As you embark on this, i invite you to reflect on the difference between the Trust's mission to sustain professional football in Swansea, and looking after the long term interests of a club owned by Swansea City 2002 Limited, a majority owned subsidiary of a US Deleware registered Limited Liability Partnership.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 19:17]

Shaky, in your opinion does the length of time that passes hinder any case if legal action were to be voted for? It does seem like there are some stalling tactics going on here. If we were to be relegated (which looks likely) and THEN we decide to take legal action, will that have an adverse effect on the case, it may seem we are throwing our toys out of the pram as our share value has decreased.

As an aside. The reason many were pushing for the deal was due to the add ons (0.5% sold to them every year providing we stay in the PL) - shouldn't we be thinking about pulling out anyway as that now seems something that is going to be an uphill struggle?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:26 - Nov 17 with 1234 viewsShaky

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:19 - Nov 17 by E20Jack

Shaky, in your opinion does the length of time that passes hinder any case if legal action were to be voted for? It does seem like there are some stalling tactics going on here. If we were to be relegated (which looks likely) and THEN we decide to take legal action, will that have an adverse effect on the case, it may seem we are throwing our toys out of the pram as our share value has decreased.

As an aside. The reason many were pushing for the deal was due to the add ons (0.5% sold to them every year providing we stay in the PL) - shouldn't we be thinking about pulling out anyway as that now seems something that is going to be an uphill struggle?

From what I have read there is roughly a 7-10 year effective 'statute of limitation' on the ability to litigate unfair prejudice.

However, the longer you leave it the greater the chance that the price to be paid will be adjusted to reflect 'current' circumstances, especially if you appear to be riding our luck.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:28 - Nov 17 with 1224 viewslondonlisa2001

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:12 - Nov 17 by MoscowJack

That's encouraging and thanks for taking the time to reply on here.

When you do you think it would be possible to get a date and time for the webinar please?

Preferably some time during early next week as we can't afford to have these things dragging on. We don't need the whole Board to attend - just you and Stu maybe?

If not a webinar perhaps an online Q&A session for a couple of hours?

Edited - sorry, I meant just on this site (I realise that's what a webinar is ...)
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 19:29]
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:28 - Nov 17 with 1222 viewsmax936

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:06 - Nov 17 by Will

Thanks max. I agree, there is a lot to talk about and there is a need for a lot more communication. At end of the day we are all Swans fans and want our Club to be a success. Ideally we would unite under the Trust banner. I realise many posters are not Trust members and I would like to increase our membership. To do that the Trust has to earn it’s stripes.

Exactly, the word is to be Stronger together, we don’t need to be against change but it needs to be for the better and our views (Trusts) views have to be heard and listened to if not it needs to be broadcast loud and strong. SCFC is the most important aspect in this for the greater good, there needs to be a review in my honest opinion of the continuation of role currently occupied by the sellouts they are clearly holding the club back, also where is the investment that we were told that was needed to move us forward or to stand still even ?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:31 - Nov 17 with 1215 viewsVetchfielder

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:19 - Nov 17 by E20Jack

Regarding the second paragraph, although I voted for legal action, in terms of the deal I only ever had £5M in my head. The remaining money was speculative and improbable that we ever would get any more, or much more anyway. A bit like Siggy's add-ons.

Proud to have been one of the 231

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:32 - Nov 17 with 1213 viewslondonlisa2001

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:28 - Nov 17 by max936

Exactly, the word is to be Stronger together, we don’t need to be against change but it needs to be for the better and our views (Trusts) views have to be heard and listened to if not it needs to be broadcast loud and strong. SCFC is the most important aspect in this for the greater good, there needs to be a review in my honest opinion of the continuation of role currently occupied by the sellouts they are clearly holding the club back, also where is the investment that we were told that was needed to move us forward or to stand still even ?

There isn't going to be an investment in the way you mean it.

They are not in it for the long term.

They are effectively a private equity fund set up to make a purchase, improve profitability in the short term, get hold of the stadium revenues, wait for the next TV deal, and get out at a profit.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:34 - Nov 17 with 1209 viewsE20Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:26 - Nov 17 by Shaky

From what I have read there is roughly a 7-10 year effective 'statute of limitation' on the ability to litigate unfair prejudice.

However, the longer you leave it the greater the chance that the price to be paid will be adjusted to reflect 'current' circumstances, especially if you appear to be riding our luck.

Thanks.

That was my concern. I think decisions need to be made sooner rather than later, and not when/if a final draft of the offer is ironed out.

Will, do the Trust have a deadline to get this concluded by before pulling out and taking the vote to the members? Obviously you don't have to reveal the date but just the fact you have one will be something that will ease my mind that this will not be left and left to the detriment of the club.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:39 - Nov 17 with 1193 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why are people calling for a meeting? There are many supporters outside of Swansea who would not be able to attend. It is 2017, there is no need to exclude these members / former members. There are plenty of free online tools to host a webinar. I am sure everybody would agree that even investing a few hundred pounds of the Trust's money into hardware and software to make these online webinars a regular event, in addition to the usual forums would be extremely useful.

We saw what a disaster it was for distant members to have an equal part of the discussion prior to the last vote. That needs to be adressed before the next vote which is surely going to happen.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:41 - Nov 17 with 1182 viewsDarran

Thanks Lisa.

Firstly, the Trust, as 21% shareholders, has strived from the outset to work in good faith with the majority shareholders, and certainly at a local level progress has been made. In terms of the current negotiations I can confirm that if the final offer is varied to any extent I feel that we are obligated to go back to our members.

My pleasure Will. 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:11 - Nov 17 with 1078 viewsmonmouth

Thanks Lisa.

God luck Will and I apologise unreservedly for already slagging you off in another thread. You have my thanks and respects for coming on here. Just as a point of fact though, it is the Americans not acting in good faith is the issue, and if they are even trying to vary the deal, it doesnt matter what happens, they can not be trusted and the Trust Board is being beyond naive if it thinks otherwise. The plug needs to be pulled. They will screw you into the ground once the legal threat is removed, You only have one lever, use it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:14 - Nov 17 with 1074 viewsATFV

Good luck Will, I hope you make a real success of this new era for the Trust.

Now the niceties are out of the way, could you please explain to me why there are any negotiation with the Americans at all? As a Trust member you put a deal in front of me, a deal that had been struck between the Americans and the Trust Board. You asked me to vote on THAT deal. Once the vote came through in favour of accepting it should have been a case of signing the paperwork, NOT further negotiation.

I voted on a detailed proposal, you have no mandate from me to discuss anything other than that deal exactly as it was presented.

I urge you to immediately break off talks with the Americans who have consistently shown they cannot be trusted as far as a man with broken arms could throw them. An immediate vote should b staged on now taking this legal - Lisa is correct when she says the Americans have shown they have not negotiated in good faith. And that in itself, coupled with our efforts to reach agreement and the recent Blackpool verdict, strengthens what was already said to be a strong legal case.

At the very least you should be calling an immediate Fans Forum to discuss current events and explain why, more than 3 months after a vote was staged, no deal is complete and instead the Americans are laughing at the fans whilst the club lurches from one crisis to the next on their watch.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 20:27]
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:14 - Nov 17 with 1071 viewslondonlisa2001

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 19:41 - Nov 17 by Darran

My pleasure Will. 👀

Awww. Darran - didn't Will thank you?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:24 - Nov 17 with 1038 viewsmonmouth

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:14 - Nov 17 by ATFV

Good luck Will, I hope you make a real success of this new era for the Trust.

Now the niceties are out of the way, could you please explain to me why there are any negotiation with the Americans at all? As a Trust member you put a deal in front of me, a deal that had been struck between the Americans and the Trust Board. You asked me to vote on THAT deal. Once the vote came through in favour of accepting it should have been a case of signing the paperwork, NOT further negotiation.

I voted on a detailed proposal, you have no mandate from me to discuss anything other than that deal exactly as it was presented.

I urge you to immediately break off talks with the Americans who have consistently shown they cannot be trusted as far as a man with broken arms could throw them. An immediate vote should b staged on now taking this legal - Lisa is correct when she says the Americans have shown they have not negotiated in good faith. And that in itself, coupled with our efforts to reach agreement and the recent Blackpool verdict, strengthens what was already said to be a strong legal case.

At the very least you should be calling an immediate Fans Forum to discuss current events and explain why, more than 3 months after a vote was staged, no deal is complete and instead the Americans are laughing at the fans whilst the club lurches from one crisis to the next on their watch.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 20:27]

He or she is right. Don’t you dare come back recommending a worse deal.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:27 - Nov 17 with 1029 viewsJinxy

Thanks Lisa.

Hi Will, many congratulations and respect for stepping into some pretty big shoes at such a crucial time for our club. Despite the regrettable share sale etc., in my view we still have great potential to influence our club's future if we make the right decisions in the near future. I think it's obvious we love our club unconditionally, the new majority shareholders, and, sadly, the sellers seem to have a different agenda.

I have a question if you'd be so kind as to answer or clarify, if you'd be so kind;

From the recent Trust board resignations, along with reasons given by the previous incumbents we can safely deduce that certain elements of the deal that was offered by the Americans have changed. I read your statement (apologies if it is not accurate), and I quote:
"The ongoing discussions with the Majority Shareholders over the proposed sale of some of the Trust's shareholding is something I would want to see concluded as soon as possible and I can again reassure you that if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members."

The important word here for me is "any". Assuming the deal has not changed favourably in our favour (we wish!), then by definition of your statement is the further consultation now already a given? I am just a little concerned that in the quoted post I am replying to here, that you have suggested that the re-consultation of the members would only take place "if the final offer is varied to any extent", which of course is more ambiguous than "any of the terms".
Many thanks and the very best of luck.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:29 - Nov 17 with 1017 viewsDewi1jack

Welcome Will. Good luck as I do think you're going to need it in spades.

"I welcome frank and open dialogue with all fans as I strive to make the Trust a more communicative organisation."

And already more communication than we've had from our SD or the majority of the board, since he and they took over their roles.
So congratulations for that as well.
Need to sort that sharpish, if the Trust is going to start earning our trust.
Communication except for the odd one such as Matt, Phil or Andrew has been beyond dire. Very little since the vote off anyone anyway.

The deal was very heavily weighted in the Yankees favour to start with.
That along with the facts that Beaky got to buy the shares, making possibly yet more money for being a snide c**t and I believed (and still do) that the deal was a bad 'un is why I voted no.
I rejoined to try and stop that being compounded by the Trust giving the paltry amount away in a stadium lease- nothing back at the end of that lease.

The yanks and beaky should have been thrusting the wedge at you immediately. The hold up is purely because they think we're going to be relegated.
In which case all the add-ons disappear as well

"Commenting on his appointment as Chairman Will said. '... The ongoing discussions with the Majority Shareholders over the proposed sale of some of the Trust's shareholding is something I would want to see concluded as soon as possible and I can again re-assure you that if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members.'

To extract 2 of your comments in this thread, on 2 different posts

"if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided "
"In terms of the current negotiations I can confirm that if the final offer is varied to any extent I feel that we are obligated to go back to our members."

They already have in their inability to work with you as a board.
The only reason anyone voted yes for such a grim deal has been steamrollered by Beaky and his band.

And this is just one of the reasons that people want a webinar.
We can't all make meetings on a Monday or Tuesday night.
Although I will make a concerted effort to get to any special meeting/ EGM called, I still can't guarantee it

Again I make the offer;
I'm prepared to stand outside the ground handing out membership leaflets before any and every game, in an effort to get the membership up towards the level it should be at.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:30 - Nov 17 with 1014 viewsDarran

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:14 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Awww. Darran - didn't Will thank you?

He'd better not get on the wrong side of me Lis.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:35 - Nov 17 with 996 viewswaynekerr55

Good luck Will - however now is not the time to suck up to the Americans. It's time to go nuclear, both on them and on the useless DoF Gonzo Jenkins

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:35 - Nov 17 with 995 viewslondonlisa2001

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:30 - Nov 17 by Darran

He'd better not get on the wrong side of me Lis.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 21:04 - Nov 17 with 946 viewsWill

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:35 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Okay Darren I promise not to get on the wrong side of you and let your tyres down in the Liberty car park 😜. Seriously, thank you all for your comments this evening. Note has been taken of them. I’m hoping to progress a number of issues asap (and I don’t mean two months time !).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024