Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments 16:01 - Nov 17 with 12950 viewsLandore_Jack

Nigel Hamer, Secretary to the Swansea City Supporters' Trust Board has today confirmed that current Trust Vice Chairman, Will Morris will be taking up the vacant position of Trust Chairman with immediate effect. Will continues as an Associate Director of the Club.

Commenting on his appointment as Chairman Will said. 'I propose to make a full statement to Trust Members in the coming days. In the meantime however I just wanted to say that I am privileged to take on this role and together with the rest of the Trust Board will always look to work in the long term interest of the Football Club and its fans. The ongoing discussions with the Majority Shareholders over the proposed sale of some of the Trust's shareholding is something I would want to see concluded as soon as possible and I can again re-assure you that if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members.'

Nigel Hamer also confirmed that Alan Lewis will take up the Vice Chairman's position vacated by Will Morris.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:06]

#backtojack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:20 - Nov 18 with 1090 viewsE20Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:47 - Nov 18 by londonlisa2001

I almost rejoined yesterday. Someone said they'd rejoined and immediately sent an email of concern and I thought it was a good idea.

I thought I'd wait until today to do it to see if anything had happened and I made the decision this morning to not do it.

For me, the discussions on here in the past couple of days have made my mind up. The statement yesterday from Will was the final straw. I genuinely wish him well, but the direction the Trust are travelling in is so far removed from what I'd like to see I just can't do it.

I also gave quite a lot of thought in whether to rejoin and apply to be a co-opted member. But it's just not something I want to do. Battling with people that simply don't get it is just not worth the huge investment of time it would take given the distance. And in my brief exchange with Will last night (where if I'm honest I was testing the waters), showed to me he just doesn't get it from my perspective. Doesn't mean I'm right, just means it's not for me.

If someone like Monmouth, or Clasie, or Chris or Neath-Jack or similar gets co-opted on, I will give them my full support and be available anytime to help in anyway I can, and I'd gladly rejoin if it was a help at that point.

But this situation is a nonsense.

"It doesn't mean I am right"...

That is a phrase that has to be added to appease those that don't get it of course. Because you are undoubtedly correct in your stance, no getting around it.

I think it is a great shame the Trust finds itself with such people at the helm where we now miss an opportunity to have a genuine forward thinking voice in there. Completely understand your reasoning and is the same reasoning, although I am sure you would be a far better candidate than myself.

Mistakes have been made, I get that. But what has disappointed me the most is those that have stepped down have not voiced publically that they now believe it was an error to negotiate a deal with them. This could have a major impact on the already swayed voters. But it seems like there would be an awful lot of swallowing of pride and acknowledgement of culpability done as a result - so the club is coming second to saving face.

Thats how it is coming across anyway.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:22 - Nov 18 with 1085 viewsNeathJack

I for one will be popping to the Trust pod prior to next weeks game and leave whoever is in attendance no doubt whatsoever on what my thoughts are in regards to the appeasement of the Yanks that is going on.

I would urge others to do the same.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:22 - Nov 18 with 1085 viewslondonlisa2001

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:01 - Nov 18 by Garyjack

If the Trust chairman couldn't rally the board around him, what chance has a new co-opted member? As it stands, whoever is co-opted the situation would remain the same except that now the Trust chairman still believes that after everything that has gone, a working relationship can still be forged with the Yanks!

The whole lot need to go, or as near as!

That was the big part in my decision to not do it Garyjack.

From what I've heard in the past few days from Phil and also from MattG, they've been outvoted by a bunch of appeasers. And as you say, if Phil couldn't convince after putting so much into this for so many years what chance anyone else really.

I was reminded yesterday night by the way of Will's previous comments on the new owners on that Radio Wales interview. Remember that? The bit about how great it all was?
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:57 - Nov 18 with 1018 viewsDafyddHuw

What's the matter with you people?
One minute you're up in arms for a vote of no confidence in the wholeBoard, and then because the new Chairman deigns to post on here it's "Good luck Will" here and "Big boots to fill, all the best" there.

We only need to remember two things -
(1) Our old chairman tried to "build bridges" with the Yanks, buit failed because of their deviousness. He resigned honourably. This speaks volumes for those who are still there and deem what's going on with the Yanks over the deal as perfectly acceptable. Bear this in mind when you're doling out your "Godd luck"s

(2) Why does anybody, most of all the Trust board, believe that a leopard can change its spots? The club has been righeously fùcked over by the Yanks on more than one occasion. Just the buying/selling of the club should have been enough for the Trust board to be bouncing, not biulding bridges. Now they Yanks have presented us with a shit deal which the Trustr board recommended to its members, and still the Yanks want to renage on that. Why does anybody think that the Yanks will suddenly discover a moral compass?

Fùck th Yanks. Fùck anybody who remains on the Trust board.
Attack! Attack! Attack! (like we're not doing on the pitch)
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:58 - Nov 18 with 1018 viewswobbly

many on this thread have been very vocal that the trust board were wrong in advocating the deal. Since they found themselves on the other side of the vote, we have seen months and months of angst and demands for resignation. Now they have the resignations. There are now four empty spots on the board.

After this, you can't stamp your feet if those on the board in the future don't do what you think is the right course of action. You had your chance if you feel that strongly. It's unacceptable to agitate on the sidelines demanding that others who do volunteer do what you think is the only acceptable course of action.

Now is the time to put up or shut up. Join, co-opt, or STFU.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:01 - Nov 18 with 1006 viewsDarran

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:58 - Nov 18 by wobbly

many on this thread have been very vocal that the trust board were wrong in advocating the deal. Since they found themselves on the other side of the vote, we have seen months and months of angst and demands for resignation. Now they have the resignations. There are now four empty spots on the board.

After this, you can't stamp your feet if those on the board in the future don't do what you think is the right course of action. You had your chance if you feel that strongly. It's unacceptable to agitate on the sidelines demanding that others who do volunteer do what you think is the only acceptable course of action.

Superb post Wob.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:02 - Nov 18 with 1007 viewsNeath_Jack

I'll NEVER shut the f*ck up on anything if i'm not happy with it. And get this, i'm not even a member of the Trust anymore, let alone attempting to get on the board.

How'd you like those onions wuss?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:04 - Nov 18 with 1002 viewsNeath_Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:01 - Nov 18 by Darran

Superb post Wob.

Is it f*ck a superb post He's just trotting out your type of usual nonsense about if you're not a member then you should just accept whatever is out there.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:04 - Nov 18 with 998 viewswobbly

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:02 - Nov 18 by Neath_Jack

I'll NEVER shut the f*ck up on anything if i'm not happy with it. And get this, i'm not even a member of the Trust anymore, let alone attempting to get on the board.

I think that makes you a bit of a coward, since you asked.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:06 - Nov 18 with 991 viewsNeath_Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:04 - Nov 18 by wobbly

I think that makes you a bit of a coward, since you asked.

I'm in good company then, me and my fellow cowards are worth a million of anyone that is happy with the direction in which the Trust are going.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:08 - Nov 18 with 987 viewswobbly

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:06 - Nov 18 by Neath_Jack

I'm in good company then, me and my fellow cowards are worth a million of anyone that is happy with the direction in which the Trust are going.

Sadly a million x doing f*ck all about it = f*ck all.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:20 - Nov 18 with 966 viewsKingBony

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:40 - Nov 18 by Garyjack

Calm down KB ffs mun!

😂😂

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:23 - Nov 18 with 946 viewsKingBony

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:02 - Nov 18 by Neath_Jack

😂😂👏🏻

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:34 - Nov 18 with 923 viewsDarran

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:04 - Nov 18 by Neath_Jack

Is it f*ck a superb post He's just trotting out your type of usual nonsense about if you're not a member then you should just accept whatever is out there.

Oh come on mun people can’t (well they can do what they want really) just keep on and on and on about it online slagging everyone off when there’s an option to get involved.
I said earlier the minute the Yanks even suggested moving the goalposts The Trust Board should have fuçked them off but if people aren’t going to get involved they’re going to look silly if they’re going to just slag them off on Planet Swans.

And just for the record you have no idea how often I agree with what “The Box Office” is saying. That’s not the point though.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:43 - Nov 18 with 912 viewsNeath_Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:34 - Nov 18 by Darran

Oh come on mun people can’t (well they can do what they want really) just keep on and on and on about it online slagging everyone off when there’s an option to get involved.
I said earlier the minute the Yanks even suggested moving the goalposts The Trust Board should have fuçked them off but if people aren’t going to get involved they’re going to look silly if they’re going to just slag them off on Planet Swans.

And just for the record you have no idea how often I agree with what “The Box Office” is saying. That’s not the point though.

So, let me get this right now, if someone cannot make the required commitment to become part of something, then they should not be able to comment on it?

It's been well documented how much time it takes to be participate fully, so what is the point of someone doing it knowing that they'll never be able to give it their 100%? That is worse than anything in my opinion, signing up and then only going at it half arsed i mean.

And just for the record, i couldn't give a flying rancid minge whether you agree with Res once, twice or a million times, so no idea why you typed that.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:53 - Nov 18 with 880 viewsDarran

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:43 - Nov 18 by Neath_Jack

So, let me get this right now, if someone cannot make the required commitment to become part of something, then they should not be able to comment on it?

It's been well documented how much time it takes to be participate fully, so what is the point of someone doing it knowing that they'll never be able to give it their 100%? That is worse than anything in my opinion, signing up and then only going at it half arsed i mean.

And just for the record, i couldn't give a flying rancid minge whether you agree with Res once, twice or a million times, so no idea why you typed that.

Comment? Haha I wouldn’t say it was commenting myself I’d say was more War & Peace a million times over but you know exactly what I’m saying.
People posting the same shit everyday is getting nowhere.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:55 - Nov 18 with 875 viewsexiledclaseboy

“Become an MP or don’t moan about how shit the government is”.

Poll: Tory leader

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:55 - Nov 18 with 875 viewsNeath_Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:53 - Nov 18 by Darran

Comment? Haha I wouldn’t say it was commenting myself I’d say was more War & Peace a million times over but you know exactly what I’m saying.
People posting the same shit everyday is getting nowhere.

Posting the same shit everyday? You've made a career of doing that on here for the last 10 f*cking years so leave it out ffs

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:56 - Nov 18 with 869 viewsE20Jack

The damage is done.

Those that pushed for the deal and then resigned, have done so as now they have changed their mind - there are too many on the board who want to push it through now.

It makes no difference if 4 spots are taken by people all wanting to take legal action - nothing will now happen as they will be out voted.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:57 - Nov 18 with 861 viewswobbly

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:43 - Nov 18 by Neath_Jack

That argument worked (sort of) a week ago. But if you don't think the circumstances have changed now, then you're a bit dull.

It's one thing to shout and rage and trust board members for doing something you disagree with and demand they either do what you want or stand down. But when they do that and resign, you have zero credibility if you continue to rant from the sidelines at those who step up in their place simply because they continue to do something you disagree with.

You got the situation that you shouted, ranted and abused people to get. There are now 4 empty places. You don't even have to go to through the inconvenience of a vote.

I just think you're a bit of a tw*t if you continue to shout from the sidelines should those that choose to step up don't do what you think is so important that *they* do....but don't think it's so important that you find the time to do it yourself.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:59 - Nov 18 with 848 viewscostalotta

Not good news at all and seen this coming TBH.

Most certainly going to get worse before it gets better, if indeed it will.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:59 - Nov 18 with 848 viewswobbly

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:56 - Nov 18 by E20Jack

The damage is done.

Those that pushed for the deal and then resigned, have done so as now they have changed their mind - there are too many on the board who want to push it through now.

It makes no difference if 4 spots are taken by people all wanting to take legal action - nothing will now happen as they will be out voted.

So that's you and Neath_Jack getting the excuses in early. I wonder who's next?
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:04 - Nov 18 with 836 viewsE20Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:59 - Nov 18 by wobbly

So that's you and Neath_Jack getting the excuses in early. I wonder who's next?

You do realise what you are saying don't you?

Phil has stated that he has resigned becaise after changing his mind about dealing with the Americans due to their obvious backtracking - he cannot lead a board in which the majority wishes to continue.

Are you suggesting he is lying? If you are not, then it is not an excuse is it. It is a fact.

Keep calm and think before you post.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:09 - Nov 18 with 823 viewswobbly

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:04 - Nov 18 by E20Jack

You do realise what you are saying don't you?

Phil has stated that he has resigned becaise after changing his mind about dealing with the Americans due to their obvious backtracking - he cannot lead a board in which the majority wishes to continue.

Are you suggesting he is lying? If you are not, then it is not an excuse is it. It is a fact.

Keep calm and think before you post.

If all is lost, then I look forward to an end to the relentless posts on the subject.

After all, if you joining the board won't change anything, then you posting on here continually demanding that someone else should do something about it for you (because you're far too busy doing other things) definitely won't make a difference.

Keep calm and watch the football. Mind you, we are sh*t today.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:14 - Nov 18 with 813 viewsBobby_Fischer

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:09 - Nov 18 by wobbly

If all is lost, then I look forward to an end to the relentless posts on the subject.

After all, if you joining the board won't change anything, then you posting on here continually demanding that someone else should do something about it for you (because you're far too busy doing other things) definitely won't make a difference.

Keep calm and watch the football. Mind you, we are sh*t today.

Top tip for you, when I don't like something posted on the internet...I just don't read it.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024