Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments 16:01 - Nov 17 with 12864 viewsLandore_Jack

Nigel Hamer, Secretary to the Swansea City Supporters' Trust Board has today confirmed that current Trust Vice Chairman, Will Morris will be taking up the vacant position of Trust Chairman with immediate effect. Will continues as an Associate Director of the Club.

Commenting on his appointment as Chairman Will said. 'I propose to make a full statement to Trust Members in the coming days. In the meantime however I just wanted to say that I am privileged to take on this role and together with the rest of the Trust Board will always look to work in the long term interest of the Football Club and its fans. The ongoing discussions with the Majority Shareholders over the proposed sale of some of the Trust's shareholding is something I would want to see concluded as soon as possible and I can again re-assure you that if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members.'

Nigel Hamer also confirmed that Alan Lewis will take up the Vice Chairman's position vacated by Will Morris.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:06]

#backtojack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:17 - Nov 18 with 1425 viewsE20Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:09 - Nov 18 by wobbly

If all is lost, then I look forward to an end to the relentless posts on the subject.

After all, if you joining the board won't change anything, then you posting on here continually demanding that someone else should do something about it for you (because you're far too busy doing other things) definitely won't make a difference.

Keep calm and watch the football. Mind you, we are sh*t today.

Again you don't seem to know what you are trying to say.

If there are 7 people on the board - your special select 4 that wish to stop the obvious farcical negotiations join to make it 11.... that is 4 votes to 7.

Not sure how simpler to put that.

There is calls of mass resignations in order for us to redress the balance, but until that is done then you have no basis to your point. But that doesnt seem to matter to you?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:19 - Nov 18 with 1415 viewsDarran

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:55 - Nov 18 by Neath_Jack

Posting the same shit everyday? You've made a career of doing that on here for the last 10 f*cking years so leave it out ffs

10? And the fuçking rest.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:26 - Nov 18 with 1395 viewswobbly

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:17 - Nov 18 by E20Jack

Again you don't seem to know what you are trying to say.

If there are 7 people on the board - your special select 4 that wish to stop the obvious farcical negotiations join to make it 11.... that is 4 votes to 7.

Not sure how simpler to put that.

There is calls of mass resignations in order for us to redress the balance, but until that is done then you have no basis to your point. But that doesnt seem to matter to you?

Seeing as we are playing 'what ifs'.

What if the 7 is currently 5:2 to keep negotiating. The 4 changes could shift that to 6:5.

Why do you think the remaining board members are unanimous?

And if you are so convinced that you are right and that facts are on your side, why do you not think you could change their minds through the power of argument in those board meetings?
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:34 - Nov 18 with 1370 viewsE20Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:26 - Nov 18 by wobbly

Seeing as we are playing 'what ifs'.

What if the 7 is currently 5:2 to keep negotiating. The 4 changes could shift that to 6:5.

Why do you think the remaining board members are unanimous?

And if you are so convinced that you are right and that facts are on your side, why do you not think you could change their minds through the power of argument in those board meetings?

Because if that were the case then there would be no need for those people to resign would there. They resigned because after seeing their error of negotiating - they could not change it due to the fact they were outnumbered - so if they are replaced by like minded individuals - then they will face the exact same issue which forced them to resign.

I am not convinced I am right - I just simply am right. That much is blindingly obvious. If I quit my job and moved to Wales then yes I may be able to change the odd mind - however that should not be the remit or indeed part of the job description.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:36 - Nov 18 with 1364 viewswobbly

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:34 - Nov 18 by E20Jack

Because if that were the case then there would be no need for those people to resign would there. They resigned because after seeing their error of negotiating - they could not change it due to the fact they were outnumbered - so if they are replaced by like minded individuals - then they will face the exact same issue which forced them to resign.

I am not convinced I am right - I just simply am right. That much is blindingly obvious. If I quit my job and moved to Wales then yes I may be able to change the odd mind - however that should not be the remit or indeed part of the job description.

So that's you and Neath_Jack getting your excuses in early. I wonder who's next.

The Americans would probably describe you as a blowhard.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:41 - Nov 18 with 1342 viewsE20Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:36 - Nov 18 by wobbly

So that's you and Neath_Jack getting your excuses in early. I wonder who's next.

Again. If you believe it is an excuse then you are calling Phil Sumbler a liar. It is not an excuse to say humans cannot fly without external help - it is just simply the fact of the matter.

If you are not calling him and the others liars, then you don't seem to have any grasp of whats going on.

The Americans would describe you as a jackass... probably.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 16:42]

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:46 - Nov 18 with 1312 viewsNeath_Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:57 - Nov 18 by wobbly

That argument worked (sort of) a week ago. But if you don't think the circumstances have changed now, then you're a bit dull.

It's one thing to shout and rage and trust board members for doing something you disagree with and demand they either do what you want or stand down. But when they do that and resign, you have zero credibility if you continue to rant from the sidelines at those who step up in their place simply because they continue to do something you disagree with.

You got the situation that you shouted, ranted and abused people to get. There are now 4 empty places. You don't even have to go to through the inconvenience of a vote.

I just think you're a bit of a tw*t if you continue to shout from the sidelines should those that choose to step up don't do what you think is so important that *they* do....but don't think it's so important that you find the time to do it yourself.

What argument, it isn't an argument, it is an opinion.

If you'd like to point out where i have been shouting and/or raging, you may have a little point, but unfortunately for you, I've done neither, to repeat the above, it's called voicing an opinion, it's generally what these types of forums are about, funnily enough.

I haven't got the situation that i "ranted or abused" people about either, you should probably read the threads and get yourself clued up on what's happening if you want to try and look clever. The two people that have resigned recently, are the ones most aligned to my thinking, and they have done so because they are in the minority with their thinking on the board. So, it is quite the opposite of what you tried being clever about.

And i think you are a bit of a tw*t if you are happy with the way the Trust is going, or if you're not happy with it and choose to sit there and not voice your displeasure at it, and instead try to belittle those that are voicing their opinion.

So, i will continue to voice my opinion from the sidelines, for ever and a day if necessary and people like you, will never, ever change that, so you may as well get used to it wuss.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:49 - Nov 18 with 1302 viewsNeath_Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:36 - Nov 18 by wobbly

An excuse for not doing something that i ever intended to, or suggested i was going to do? It doesn't work like that wuss. Stop trying to be clever, you're making yourself look very silly.

You can have the last word now, as you're extremely boring and not half as clever as you think you are.

Enjoy us all ranting and shouting and abusing from the sidelines, because i have a feeling that it's going to continue for quite some time now.

Adios.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:50 - Nov 18 with 1298 viewswobbly

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:41 - Nov 18 by E20Jack

Again. If you believe it is an excuse then you are calling Phil Sumbler a liar. It is not an excuse to say humans cannot fly without external help - it is just simply the fact of the matter.

If you are not calling him and the others liars, then you don't seem to have any grasp of whats going on.

The Americans would describe you as a jackass... probably.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 16:42]

The opposite. I take Phil at his word. You seem to be a bit confused about the difference between chairman and board member.

Phil felt that the position with the Americans could not be continued in good faith. The "majority' of the board disagreed and wanted to continue discussions. he therefore felt he had to stand down as he couldn't lead a board that he disagreed with, particularly when he would have to be the public face of that decision.

Now is the time for those of strong conviction to stand, make the argument and change the balance of the board. You got what you wanted - honest swans fans have now resigned to make way for those with strong opposing opinions. Step up or get out of the way?
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:52 - Nov 18 with 1283 viewsDafyddHuw

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 15:57 - Nov 18 by wobbly

That argument worked (sort of) a week ago. But if you don't think the circumstances have changed now, then you're a bit dull.

It's one thing to shout and rage and trust board members for doing something you disagree with and demand they either do what you want or stand down. But when they do that and resign, you have zero credibility if you continue to rant from the sidelines at those who step up in their place simply because they continue to do something you disagree with.

You got the situation that you shouted, ranted and abused people to get. There are now 4 empty places. You don't even have to go to through the inconvenience of a vote.

I just think you're a bit of a tw*t if you continue to shout from the sidelines should those that choose to step up don't do what you think is so important that *they* do....but don't think it's so important that you find the time to do it yourself.

Thanks
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:53 - Nov 18 with 1277 viewsE20Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:50 - Nov 18 by wobbly

The opposite. I take Phil at his word. You seem to be a bit confused about the difference between chairman and board member.

Phil felt that the position with the Americans could not be continued in good faith. The "majority' of the board disagreed and wanted to continue discussions. he therefore felt he had to stand down as he couldn't lead a board that he disagreed with, particularly when he would have to be the public face of that decision.

Now is the time for those of strong conviction to stand, make the argument and change the balance of the board. You got what you wanted - honest swans fans have now resigned to make way for those with strong opposing opinions. Step up or get out of the way?

Read that back again and try to work out where you keep going wrong.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:03 - Nov 18 with 1248 viewswobbly

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:53 - Nov 18 by E20Jack

Read that back again and try to work out where you keep going wrong.

No need. Neath_Jack has summarising nicely.

You will continue to voice your opinion angrily from the sidelines should other swans fans, who sacrifice the time that you are not prepared to, end up not doing precisely what you want them to do, as quickly as you want them to do it, in the exact way you want them to do it.

Viva La Revolution!
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:10 - Nov 18 with 1233 viewsE20Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:03 - Nov 18 by wobbly

No need. Neath_Jack has summarising nicely.

You will continue to voice your opinion angrily from the sidelines should other swans fans, who sacrifice the time that you are not prepared to, end up not doing precisely what you want them to do, as quickly as you want them to do it, in the exact way you want them to do it.

Viva La Revolution!

Which part of this are you struggling to understand exactly?

You have to be on a wind up. Surely?

Nobody is this stupid.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:18 - Nov 18 with 1214 viewsGaryjack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:10 - Nov 18 by E20Jack

Which part of this are you struggling to understand exactly?

You have to be on a wind up. Surely?

Nobody is this stupid.

I know your not one to back down from a debate or arguement, but this time you're going to have to admit that you've called it wrong.

Because he obviously is that fvckin stupid!
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:22 - Nov 18 with 1195 viewsNeath_Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:52 - Nov 18 by DafyddHuw

Thanks

What's up Dai? Look at the content, not the username.

Looking at your posts on this subject, you are on the exact same page as me, but because you made yourself look silly on the JVZ thread, you're thanking him because he called me a tw*t.

You're one of those posters who will carry that grudge around with you forever more now aren't you

Let it go man, we all call things wrong sometimes, even i do, believe it or not.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:34 - Nov 18 with 1172 viewsWatchman

why does the sale need to be concluded as soon as possible!?

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:45 - Nov 18 with 1152 viewsWingstandwood

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:34 - Nov 18 by Watchman

why does the sale need to be concluded as soon as possible!?

Maybe? They're sh1tting a brick because if (strong possibilty at the moment) relegated there is a concern that they'll never ever see any promised money anyhow? Or if relegated they'll get money based on the value of a Championships clubs shares as opposed to a PL clubs?..... Thats a possibilty or two, just guesses from myself.

Argus!

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 18:06 - Nov 18 with 1123 viewsWatchman

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 17:45 - Nov 18 by Wingstandwood

Maybe? They're sh1tting a brick because if (strong possibilty at the moment) relegated there is a concern that they'll never ever see any promised money anyhow? Or if relegated they'll get money based on the value of a Championships clubs shares as opposed to a PL clubs?..... Thats a possibilty or two, just guesses from myself.

I was asking the question of Will cos that is what he said in his OP! If the deal is in any shape or form different to what was voted on, then it should have immediately gone back to members and a very sharply public statement made about trust and put the Owners in a place where they had to explain their change of stance

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024