Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss 19:53 - Nov 17 with 4234 viewsGrandPrix

To become manager of Sunderland.

Money talks I guess, cant be a greater honour than managing your country

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:04 - Nov 17 with 4158 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don’t blame him. He’s done a remarkable job with wales and it’s likely to be downhill from here on in. Good luck to him.

Poll: Tory leader

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:05 - Nov 17 with 4153 viewsPhil_S

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:04 - Nov 17 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t blame him. He’s done a remarkable job with wales and it’s likely to be downhill from here on in. Good luck to him.

I'm not sure Sunderland is anything other than downhill even more....
Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:05 - Nov 17 with 4145 viewsGaryjack

The Clement of Wales, cost us World cup qualification with his cautious approach, and did the same at the start of the Euro 2016 group when we needed a magic 30 yard strike to beat Andorra, followed by a 0-0 home draw with Bosnia.
Fair play, we did great at the tournament when we were expected to get stuffed out of sight, but if he'd taken that approach into the WC qualifiers then we would have topped the group with ease and would be going to Russia.

Verdict: Overated, and will do fvck all at Sunderland. Nice chap though.
Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:07 - Nov 17 with 4131 viewsplasjack

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:04 - Nov 17 by exiledclaseboy

From a small country, to historically a huge club, good luck.
Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:08 - Nov 17 with 4125 viewsSwanjaxs

Shame Cookie didn't hold fire another couple of weeks..... 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:10 - Nov 17 with 4096 viewsDr_Winston

Given Coleman's general mediocrity as a club manager Sunderland is probably about as good as he could get.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:13 - Nov 17 with 4065 viewsjack247

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:08 - Nov 17 by Swanjaxs

Shame Cookie didn't hold fire another couple of weeks..... 🤔

It’s a blessing.

Would like to have seen him stay on with Wales, wouldn’t want him here though.
Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:26 - Nov 17 with 3956 viewsmonmouth

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:13 - Nov 17 by jack247

It’s a blessing.

Would like to have seen him stay on with Wales, wouldn’t want him here though.

Couldn’t give a f**k personally, as long as he’s nowhere near Swansea. Maybe Clement could take the Wales job, to ensure tactical continuity.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:33 - Nov 17 with 3904 viewsItchySphincter

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:10 - Nov 17 by Dr_Winston

Given Coleman's general mediocrity as a club manager Sunderland is probably about as good as he could get.

I hear a lot that he's a crap club manager but Fulham we're genuinely not bad at all with him and the wheels fell of when the got rid of him for Sanchez.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:33 - Nov 17 with 3902 viewsJack_Kass

Considering the circumstances that he took over, he did a remarkable job, and I don't think anyone can begrudge him moving on while his stock is probably at its highest.

Hopefully the calibre of players we now have will attract a elite level manager to take the team forward.

Knowing the FAW, that'll be Brian Flynn.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 20:34]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:38 - Nov 17 with 3868 viewsDr_Winston

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:33 - Nov 17 by ItchySphincter

I hear a lot that he's a crap club manager but Fulham we're genuinely not bad at all with him and the wheels fell of when the got rid of him for Sanchez.

Fulham is about the only time he's looked half tidy, and they were on an upward spiral due to Al Fayed's money in any case.

He's a confident, driven guy, of that there's no doubt. I hope he does well, I'd just be surprised if he does.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:44 - Nov 17 with 3814 viewsKennedy

Good luck to him. But i think a change was needed.

My fear will be Giggs as the FAW think this is the way forward as it worked well with Hughes, Speed and recently Coleman.

I would rather someone with more international experience. But i assume we go young (under 45) and Welsh.

Just call me JFK

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:47 - Nov 17 with 3777 viewsGaryjack

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:33 - Nov 17 by Jack_Kass

Considering the circumstances that he took over, he did a remarkable job, and I don't think anyone can begrudge him moving on while his stock is probably at its highest.

Hopefully the calibre of players we now have will attract a elite level manager to take the team forward.

Knowing the FAW, that'll be Brian Flynn.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 20:34]

His stock is so high he goes to a bankrupt club at the bottom of the Championship!
Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:49 - Nov 17 with 3750 viewsDarran

Can’t lie. Couldn’t give a fuçk.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:52 - Nov 17 with 3733 viewsItchySphincter

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:38 - Nov 17 by Dr_Winston

Fulham is about the only time he's looked half tidy, and they were on an upward spiral due to Al Fayed's money in any case.

He's a confident, driven guy, of that there's no doubt. I hope he does well, I'd just be surprised if he does.

Well Sunderland is a desperate move for him so if he does half tidy it will be a springboard. I'm not convinced by him but I don't think he's as bad as some people make out and a million times better than Gary Speed was.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:52 - Nov 17 with 3729 viewsKilkennyjack

Diolch Cookie 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👏👏👏👏

Beware of the Risen People

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:55 - Nov 17 with 3712 viewsKennedy

Sky Sports reporting Sunderland are quadrupling his wages. Well he's not going to turn that down.

But he will be doing 10 times more work. How many Welsh games have there been in the last 2 years?

Just call me JFK

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:57 - Nov 17 with 3700 viewspencoedjack

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:44 - Nov 17 by Kennedy

Good luck to him. But i think a change was needed.

My fear will be Giggs as the FAW think this is the way forward as it worked well with Hughes, Speed and recently Coleman.

I would rather someone with more international experience. But i assume we go young (under 45) and Welsh.

Who’d manage us for friendlies ?
Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:58 - Nov 17 with 3695 viewsDr_Winston

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:52 - Nov 17 by ItchySphincter

Well Sunderland is a desperate move for him so if he does half tidy it will be a springboard. I'm not convinced by him but I don't think he's as bad as some people make out and a million times better than Gary Speed was.

Don't think Toshack will ever get the credit he deserves for sweeping out the failed old guard that Hughes encouraged and taking the first steps towards instilling the "team" ethic that Speed and Coleman benefitted from.

Call him the Kenny Jackett to Speed's Roberto Martinez and Coleman's Brendan Rodgers.

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 21:00 - Nov 17 with 3685 viewspencoedjack

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:58 - Nov 17 by Dr_Winston

Don't think Toshack will ever get the credit he deserves for sweeping out the failed old guard that Hughes encouraged and taking the first steps towards instilling the "team" ethic that Speed and Coleman benefitted from.

Call him the Kenny Jackett to Speed's Roberto Martinez and Coleman's Brendan Rodgers.

100 % agree
Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 21:02 - Nov 17 with 3657 viewspikeypaul

9 months max.

Unless he has a Bale or Joey A

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 21:05 - Nov 17 with 3637 viewsCooperman

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:05 - Nov 17 by Garyjack

The Clement of Wales, cost us World cup qualification with his cautious approach, and did the same at the start of the Euro 2016 group when we needed a magic 30 yard strike to beat Andorra, followed by a 0-0 home draw with Bosnia.
Fair play, we did great at the tournament when we were expected to get stuffed out of sight, but if he'd taken that approach into the WC qualifiers then we would have topped the group with ease and would be going to Russia.

Verdict: Overated, and will do fvck all at Sunderland. Nice chap though.

I’d go with most of that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 21:13 - Nov 17 with 3604 viewsJack_Kass

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 20:58 - Nov 17 by Dr_Winston

There is an argument that he had little other choice, considering he pissed off most of the old guard, forcing them into exile/retirment, in the first place.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 21:14]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 21:15 - Nov 17 with 3592 viewsDr_Winston

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 21:13 - Nov 17 by Jack_Kass

There is an argument that he had little other choice, considering he pissed off most of the old guard, forcing them into exile/retirment, in the first place.

Same outcome regardless of the reasons.

Maybe the old guard needed pissing off.

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 21:30 - Nov 17 with 3500 viewsGaryjack

Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss on 21:13 - Nov 17 by Jack_Kass

Obviously that was his intention, well to a certain extent anyway, as i can't find an instant whereby he banished players to far away lands?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024