Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement 17:08 - Nov 18 with 7805 viewsTheResurrection

Clement said they'd been working on new things this week. Turns out he just meant training on the beach and ten pin bowling as he's gone with the same shape and personnel that's not got us anywhere.

I will concede we played some faster football first half and some of it was tidy on the eye, but it never opened them up and Tammy was a passenger.

I'll say it again, if Tammy isn't scoring, he's not doing much else. That was until Bony came on who for his first game in a month or so was superb and exactly what we need. His hold up play is the best in the league and Tammy needs to learn from this. He also got into great positions and nearly put Tammy through one on one.

He will be key to our survival and if we can keep him fit and on the pitch he'll get sharper and the goals will come, for him and others.

But, Clement is continuing his crusade against Mesa and still, amidst cries of anguish, despair and sheer frustration in playing Clucas in a DM role.

Fer and Clucas in the middle of the park in a four is worthy enough of an immediate bullet.

Jenkins, or the Trust in a carefully worded statement of concern, act now and regroup in time for January. Delay and the consequences will be fatal. You acted against Bradley. It's more than time to do the same, especially now Clement is eclipsing even Bradleys woeful run of results.

Let's get it done and give us some hope. Do it now.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:29 - Nov 18 with 1159 views3swan

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:23 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

But Clive, nobody was mentioning Jenkins from January to September. Or at least not so much if you know what I mean as we did well then.

Things could have been so much different if our £11m marquee signing from Spain had hit the ground running or even if Bony had stayed fit.

Clement seems to be the main culprit for me so far this season. Our recruitment could be a whole lot better I'm never going to argue with that. But for me Clements getting nothing like what he could be getting from this squad.

I agree that PC is not getting the most out of the squad by his tactics, but unless a strong individual comes in then the circle continues.

We as a club (HJ) has always trumpeted the fact that we stalk players before signing them and know them inside out.
Now I will say there is no guarantee of success but £millions have been wasted over the last few years.
It's not just our £11m marquee signing but we currently have a £15m player out on loan
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:29 - Nov 18 with 1159 viewswhoflungdung

Wow. Just wtf was that .same as Brighton .same excuses

Now Jenkins can save us ? Jenkins

A man who spent 18m on a player deemed not good enough even to bench then follows up with Mesa . Cork replaced with Clucas .

We really are clueless

And it's hopeless

Clem won't be sacked any time soon, mark my words

Just fPom off Clem and save us from your home county bland drivel speak

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:30 - Nov 18 with 1159 viewsMoscowJack

I said to someone (big Swans fan) during the game that even though I believe Clement should be fired, any new manager would struggle with this squad.

He replied "Nick, we've both just agreed that Fer shouldn't be a defensive midfield. We agreed Clucas isn't a defensive midfielder either. We agreed that Sanches is more hit than miss and we can't carry players at the moment. We both would have picked Ki ahead of both. We can see it, most of the fans can see it but why can't PC?".

PC is not a good manager, full stop. He's possibly or probably a good coach, but he's fixated on worrying more about the opposition than our strengths. Did he want Fer and Clucas in there due to their height against quite a big Burnley team? I am sure he did.

We built arguably our most exciting team ever with the likes of Joe Allen, Leon, Nate, Routs, Pablo Hernandez, de Gouzman, etc and none of them are exactly giants! Even Ash was small for a centre half, but we did it our way and let the ball do the talking.

There were encouraging signs, at times, today. We had 69% possession, but didn't do much with it. We had about 200+ more passes more than Burnely, but not many into the box or feet of strikers accurately.

What a new manager might do is get the likes of Leon, Ki and Mesa as the foundation for passing/moving the ball out of defence then supporting the midfield.

The new manager needs to think about Sanches best position and then decide if he's the best player in that role. If not, look to the U23s until the window.

The new manager needs to work out how to play Bony and Tammy, if it's possible. I think it's possible, so I'm sure a quality manager would too.

Clement got lucky with Cork's injury forcing him to pick Leon last season but he's not going to get that same scenario this season. Derby fans were right.

Thanks for keeping us up, Paul, but it's time to go. Today.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:30 - Nov 18 with 1159 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

The resurrection :
THE MOST DELUDED BLOKE, IVE HAD THE MISPLEASURE OF COMING ACROSS, IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!!
WHAT A COMPLETE TW@T!!!
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:38 - Nov 18 with 1130 viewsCooperman

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:17 - Nov 18 by londonlisa2001

Well give him ten minutes then.

Mesa - no
Leon - no
Tammy - unfit so have to go with Bony
Perm any two from Clucas, Carroll, Fer, Ki by sticking their names in a hat.

Back 4 - no choices.

Done.

Actually it’s not a hat. It’s Bob’s ‘back four’ tombola that’s been modified for midfield selection methods.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:42 - Nov 18 with 1113 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 17:28 - Nov 18 by pencoedjack

Similar type performance to the rest of the shite we have played all season Chris

Although I am bitterly disappointed with the way we are played today at least you are not defending it as you have for the rest of the pathetic performances we have served up this season.

Up until today I have been all for giving Clement time but after today I’m afraid I’ve also joined the out crowd

Clem is an inexperienced manager who was given a shocking bum deal in the last transfer window. Oddly enough his two loan signings have looked the best of the bunch. Wilf was a slight encouragement today as well so Jenkins can take some hope from that.
The fact is this window has been so bad it has wrecked Clement. He now looks lost and so does the team who seem to have little faith in themselves or him.
He will be the sacrificial lamb for the Jenkins cock ups and I suspect the unscrupulous one may wait a bit longer in the hope he will walk to save a few pennies.
We are then left with the problem of Clem's replacement. Who would want to come here anyway and guess who will be appointing them? I would not rule out HJ's dream team of Toshack Jnr, Curt and Leon. Easy to find, cheap to appoint and 'yes men' one and all.
Anything can happen in football and nothing surprises me after Monk's first season. It is my opinion however that , at this moment in time, we are doomed Capt Mainwaring.
There is nothing to lose now the Trust need to go back to the membership and we need to do all we can to oust the treacherous ones.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 18:46]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:43 - Nov 18 with 1096 viewsCooperman

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:42 - Nov 18 by Private_Partz

Clem is an inexperienced manager who was given a shocking bum deal in the last transfer window. Oddly enough his two loan signings have looked the best of the bunch. Wilf was a slight encouragement today as well so Jenkins can take some hope from that.
The fact is this window has been so bad it has wrecked Clement. He now looks lost and so does the team who seem to have little faith in themselves or him.
He will be the sacrificial lamb for the Jenkins cock ups and I suspect the unscrupulous one may wait a bit longer in the hope he will walk to save a few pennies.
We are then left with the problem of Clem's replacement. Who would want to come here anyway and guess who will be appointing them? I would not rule out HJ's dream team of Toshack Jnr, Curt and Leon. Easy to find, cheap to appoint and 'yes men' one and all.
Anything can happen in football and nothing surprises me after Monk's first season. It is my opinion however that , at this moment in time, we are doomed Capt Mainwaring.
There is nothing to lose now the Trust need to go back to the membership and we need to do all we can to oust the treacherous ones.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 18:46]

Clement won’t walk. Managers don’t walk.

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:45 - Nov 18 with 1090 views3swan

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:43 - Nov 18 by Cooperman

They make their teams walk though with no tempo
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:45 - Nov 18 with 1090 viewspencoedjack

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:05 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

to be honest I think Jenkins could save us again in January.

Remember now it was him who brought about the change to get us 29 points last season.

I know he wanted Siggy gone a month earlier and things could well have been so different then. I'd also say we'll be good for £20m in January and I'd rather Jenkins picks the right manager and they work together to turn us around.

Long term we could do with a full review of our recruitment, I'd agree with that, but for the time being I do think Jenkins is still probably our best hope.

Thanks for answering I hope to be able to ask the same question to each person who wants electing to the trust board

Jenkins to me ( & at least from reading this board) other people is the most pressing issue for the long term future of the club
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:46 - Nov 18 with 1087 viewsexiledclaseboy

From what I understand, the ridiculously insipid statement that the Trust put out the week before last was initially supposed to be a”Jenkins Out” statement before it got watered down into the pointless collection of words that was eventually made public. So I wouldn’t hold your breath expecting a “Clement out” statement from the Trust any time soon. Especially now that it seems the only dissenting voices on the Trust board got fed up and quit.

Poll: Tory leader

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:49 - Nov 18 with 1062 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:12 - Nov 18 by jacksfullaces

yep. sack clement. agree with that.

yep. long term review. agree with that.

but giving jenkins credit for January is all well and good, but that makes him equally accountable for the long term failings of clement, and the work they have done to prepare the squad/strategy for this season.

and this is not the first time he has got that wrong, jenkins has pretty much apologised for mistakes at the start of the last 3 seasons .. he don't deserve any more chances .

No, not really. It's a bit harsh

We all thought we had a gem in Clement but that's football thesedays. Managers contracts need to be on a one year rolling basis.

Clement was the right choice last season, Guido was the year before and in this context you could argue Monk was too.

We all know what it's like when we get a great manager, they don't stick around either.. It looks like Watford are about to lose Silva. We need to accept this but more importantly understand it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:49 - Nov 18 with 1057 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:43 - Nov 18 by Cooperman

Generally you are right. Jackett did though and to a degree so did Sousa. There are other examples in the beautiful game that escape me now but I take your point. Compo is likely to be the order of the day which, in turn, will have a detrimental effect on the January war chest.
We are effed.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:50 - Nov 18 with 1054 viewsCooperman

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:05 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

Remember now it was him who brought about the change to get us 29 points last season.

I know he wanted Siggy gone a month earlier and things could well have been so different then. I'd also say we'll be good for £20m in January and I'd rather Jenkins picks the right manager and they work together to turn us around.

Long term we could do with a full review of our recruitment, I'd agree with that, but for the time being I do think Jenkins is still probably our best hope.

Right, Jenkins is probably the best hope.

Clement seems lost and it looks like it’s only going one way, so the current manager isn’t the saviour.

Jenkins is therefore the pivotal person. He’s going to do the firing, the hiring and the authorising of the January cheques. He needs to be on the ball throughout the next few months.

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:52 - Nov 18 with 1038 viewsCooperman

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:49 - Nov 18 by Private_Partz

Generally you are right. Jackett did though and to a degree so did Sousa. There are other examples in the beautiful game that escape me now but I take your point. Compo is likely to be the order of the day which, in turn, will have a detrimental effect on the January war chest.
We are effed.....

Yep.
And The Res has just hit the nail on the head with his comments re one year rolling contracts.

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:56 - Nov 18 with 1018 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well I disgaree with that one.
Jenkins is the main problem at this club. The roll of the dice worked with his early managerial appointments but has failed miserably since his ego clash with Laudrup.
He is a failed businessman who got lucky in his early days but his incompetence and arrogance now shine through like beacons.
We have no hope until he is gone.

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:00 - Nov 18 with 996 viewsDarran

I’d love to know what Jenkins has on The Box Office.

Summin not quite right here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:01 - Nov 18 with 1001 viewsharryhpalmer

Is they the same Ressurection that posted just a few weeks ago of how he could do no wrong, and he had made no mistakes?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:19 - Nov 18 with 965 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:52 - Nov 18 by Cooperman

Yep.
And The Res has just hit the nail on the head with his comments re one year rolling contracts.

Don't agree with that either. I have always said we need a big name manager and his team with contacts all over the football world. They should comfortably be the highest paid at the club.
Having said that I think a rolling contract may be the only way forward in our current perilous state but it isn't the way to progress for the future imho.

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:35 - Nov 18 with 914 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:45 - Nov 18 by pencoedjack

Thanks for answering I hope to be able to ask the same question to each person who wants electing to the trust board

Jenkins to me ( & at least from reading this board) other people is the most pressing issue for the long term future of the club

I wasn't talking long term. I'm looking at this season only at the moment and personally, I think Jenkins getting the right manager is our best hope, I really do. Him and the new manager working together. Could we get Joey back in January?

The alternative would be to appoint a Director of Football but this seems a complete shot in the dark.

I'd also be tasking someone at the Club immediately for a full review and research in how we can get better in terms of recruitment...... But the right manager is the most important aspect to get right.

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:38 - Nov 18 with 894 viewsjack2jack

Yeah but everytime HJ saves us, he gets in a new manager and throws him under the bus, it's of his own making its a vicious circle that is never going to end whilst he's in charge.
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:46 - Nov 18 with 868 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:56 - Nov 18 by Private_Partz

Well I disgaree with that one.
Jenkins is the main problem at this club. The roll of the dice worked with his early managerial appointments but has failed miserably since his ego clash with Laudrup.
He is a failed businessman who got lucky in his early days but his incompetence and arrogance now shine through like beacons.
We have no hope until he is gone.

Quick list of his managers and whether you could argue they had success or not.

Jackett. Promotion, so has to be a success.
Martinez. Our best ever manager, just above Tosh
Sousa. Debatable but most give him the credit of shoring us up plus he had very little money to spend. We had little money at the time.
Rodgers. Unequivocally yes.
Laudrup. See above.
Monk. For me no, but he kept us up and still holds our top flight record.
Guido. Definitely yes. Came in and turned us around. Was very poorly treated. Get him back!!
Bradley. No. A poor choice but this was not Jenkins choice.
Clement. Yes. Kept us up and we all thought we had a gem.

Jenkins, whether people want to be childish or not, especially the ones who haven't got a flying fack about the game, has got an excellent track record in the main. And considering our finances this is doubly so.

Anyone bothering to reply to this. Keep it to football at least, I know I'm the biggest kunt under the sun blah blah blah, send the pms for those ones.

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:51 - Nov 18 with 841 viewsQJumpingJack

I am not convinced the Americans can afford to sack Clement and/or Jenkins.
Do they have the money?
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:55 - Nov 18 with 817 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:38 - Nov 18 by jack2jack

Yeah but everytime HJ saves us, he gets in a new manager and throws him under the bus, it's of his own making its a vicious circle that is never going to end whilst he's in charge.

It's not just about throwing us under the bus, it's also about dealing with a tight budget

You can see we tried to get back to our old recruitment style to a degree. Lots were saying that. We bought quick ball players. But Clement has strangled the life out of us. Who can argue with that?!

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:00 - Nov 18 with 797 viewsOldjack

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:51 - Nov 18 by QJumpingJack

I am not convinced the Americans can afford to sack Clement and/or Jenkins.
Do they have the money?

30 mill left overs says differently

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:04 - Nov 18 with 771 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:46 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

Quick list of his managers and whether you could argue they had success or not.

Jackett. Promotion, so has to be a success.
Martinez. Our best ever manager, just above Tosh
Sousa. Debatable but most give him the credit of shoring us up plus he had very little money to spend. We had little money at the time.
Rodgers. Unequivocally yes.
Laudrup. See above.
Monk. For me no, but he kept us up and still holds our top flight record.
Guido. Definitely yes. Came in and turned us around. Was very poorly treated. Get him back!!
Bradley. No. A poor choice but this was not Jenkins choice.
Clement. Yes. Kept us up and we all thought we had a gem.

Jenkins, whether people want to be childish or not, especially the ones who haven't got a flying fack about the game, has got an excellent track record in the main. And considering our finances this is doubly so.

Anyone bothering to reply to this. Keep it to football at least, I know I'm the biggest kunt under the sun blah blah blah, send the pms for those ones.

For me it was good until his ego took over about 4 years ago. Basically since then he has been an unmitigated disaster.
Quarrelled with Sousa so the early signs were there. An ego clash with ML started it big time. The laziness and arrogance of Monk's appointment was there for all to see. He did not appoint Frankie. He told us no one wanted to manage as and it was Frankie's agent that offered his services and saved Curt from a nervous breakdown. Then there was his disgraceful sacking followed by Bob Bradley....... speaks for itself. Yes he picked Clement but has proceeded to destroy with his poor late and dithering transfer windows.
And I won't even touch on alleged dodgy share dealings and sidelining of the Trust and supporters.
The guy needs to be out the door and PDQ. His incompetence as a DOF has led us to a point where I doubt we can now recover so we have nothing to lose.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024