Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement 17:08 - Nov 18 with 7953 viewsTheResurrection

Clement said they'd been working on new things this week. Turns out he just meant training on the beach and ten pin bowling as he's gone with the same shape and personnel that's not got us anywhere.

I will concede we played some faster football first half and some of it was tidy on the eye, but it never opened them up and Tammy was a passenger.

I'll say it again, if Tammy isn't scoring, he's not doing much else. That was until Bony came on who for his first game in a month or so was superb and exactly what we need. His hold up play is the best in the league and Tammy needs to learn from this. He also got into great positions and nearly put Tammy through one on one.

He will be key to our survival and if we can keep him fit and on the pitch he'll get sharper and the goals will come, for him and others.

But, Clement is continuing his crusade against Mesa and still, amidst cries of anguish, despair and sheer frustration in playing Clucas in a DM role.

Fer and Clucas in the middle of the park in a four is worthy enough of an immediate bullet.

Jenkins, or the Trust in a carefully worded statement of concern, act now and regroup in time for January. Delay and the consequences will be fatal. You acted against Bradley. It's more than time to do the same, especially now Clement is eclipsing even Bradleys woeful run of results.

Let's get it done and give us some hope. Do it now.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:05 - Nov 18 with 1256 viewsjack2jack

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:55 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

It's not just about throwing us under the bus, it's also about dealing with a tight budget

You can see we tried to get back to our old recruitment style to a degree. Lots were saying that. We bought quick ball players. But Clement has strangled the life out of us. Who can argue with that?!

Our old recruitment style has worked in the past,and arguably very well.
But times have changed and I think we're not getting bang for our buck or someone has taken his eye off the ball,or more than likely has run out of luck and or ideas.
I agree something is not quite right with PC,he seems to have lost it big time,which is a shame because when he was appointed there was a real positivity around the place which has disappeared fast.
There is a bid difference to being a number two, and working with the top top players, and he's feeling the pressure or is just not up to it.My guess is he's looking over a presipice.
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:11 - Nov 18 with 1226 viewsDarran

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:46 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

Quick list of his managers and whether you could argue they had success or not.

Jackett. Promotion, so has to be a success.
Martinez. Our best ever manager, just above Tosh
Sousa. Debatable but most give him the credit of shoring us up plus he had very little money to spend. We had little money at the time.
Rodgers. Unequivocally yes.
Laudrup. See above.
Monk. For me no, but he kept us up and still holds our top flight record.
Guido. Definitely yes. Came in and turned us around. Was very poorly treated. Get him back!!
Bradley. No. A poor choice but this was not Jenkins choice.
Clement. Yes. Kept us up and we all thought we had a gem.

Jenkins, whether people want to be childish or not, especially the ones who haven't got a flying fack about the game, has got an excellent track record in the main. And considering our finances this is doubly so.

Anyone bothering to reply to this. Keep it to football at least, I know I'm the biggest kunt under the sun blah blah blah, send the pms for those ones.

Changed your mind on Bradley then?
You seem to do that a lot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:14 - Nov 18 with 1229 viewsBillyChong

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:01 - Nov 18 by londonlisa2001

Given it's going to take the new Trust Chairman until next week to write his statement after taking over from Phil (when he's known for a week already), I sincerely hope that Clement has gone way before any such statement could possibly be forthcoming anyway.

Bloody hell Chris - we'd be halfway into January before the wording was agreed.

Clement needs to go this evening.

Jenkins might have even got round to ‘clearing the air’ with the fans by then
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:21 - Nov 18 with 1216 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:04 - Nov 18 by Private_Partz

For me it was good until his ego took over about 4 years ago. Basically since then he has been an unmitigated disaster.
Quarrelled with Sousa so the early signs were there. An ego clash with ML started it big time. The laziness and arrogance of Monk's appointment was there for all to see. He did not appoint Frankie. He told us no one wanted to manage as and it was Frankie's agent that offered his services and saved Curt from a nervous breakdown. Then there was his disgraceful sacking followed by Bob Bradley....... speaks for itself. Yes he picked Clement but has proceeded to destroy with his poor late and dithering transfer windows.
And I won't even touch on alleged dodgy share dealings and sidelining of the Trust and supporters.
The guy needs to be out the door and PDQ. His incompetence as a DOF has led us to a point where I doubt we can now recover so we have nothing to lose.

No it doesn't speak for itself and I'm all for honest, healthy debate when it comes to Jenkins and there's nobody that's given him more stick than me over the years....

But there's no balance whatsoever since what he did to the Trust, and that's just not fair from a purely football perspective.

Discuss the matters carefully instead of putting your heart before your head.

Your post...

It wasn't an ego clash with Laudrup at all, I'm sorry but that's rubbish. Haven't you seen the contracts he and his agent were writing and demanding? Come on, be fair, that's all I'm asking. That one isn't fair at all.

The Monk appointment was bad for one thing. In hindsight, and that's he ripped up our playing style and we've struggled to get it back since. You don't see so much of our old formation in the Premier league any more mind, but personally I'd like to see it back. 4231.

He did appoint Guido. 100% he did, regardless of how Guido came on the radar. It was Jenkins call and it paid off.

It wasn't Jenkins that sacked Guido and brought in Bradley. You should know that, it's bleeding obvious.

And it wasn't Jenkins being late in the window, that was one man only, the man that likes to restrict lines of communication into him, Kaplan.

The Trust side I'm not even going to go there in terms of defending him, the way he ultimately went about that was cheap.

But the football side he's always got so much more right than wrong nomatter how much you stamp your feet and chuck your dummy out. It's true.

And if you think not, explain clearly, but with facts why you or others think otherwise.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:40 - Nov 18 with 1174 viewsKGriz16

Does anyone have any further information or rumors on why Clement seems to have a rather large disliking towards Mesa? I heard something interesting the other day that PC refuses to use Mesa as it's not his signing, and it's a signing that was thrust upon him by the powers that be, and that Clucas was Clement's man that was he's so hell bent on making the signing work.
The match was a much better watch than that against Brighton for me. When Bony came on it seemed to be a positive change as the squad began playing as Bony started dropping deep and bringing more players into the game. We're desperately crying out for 4-2-3-1 with the players we have, although we would struggle to find room for Bony and Abraham.
I agreed with a lot of what the OP said in the Summer with thinking Clement was moving in a particular direction with the signings being made. I thought we were slowly moving back toward the 'Swansea way.' But when I match us play now, I can't seem to understand what we're trying to do? We seem to get the ball out wide to aimlessly cross it in, when Tammy only scored 3/4 goals last season with his head, he seems to be as a player who needs the ball into feet or for him to run onto something. As much as posters on here are laying blame with HJ (not saying he's without blame at all) there's only one man whose picking the squad, line up and tactics for a match day and that's Paul Clement.
PC seems to struggle with the idea of changing things. We seem to be repeating the same formation/tactics/line up/play week in, week out.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 20:42]
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:17 - Nov 18 with 1128 viewslonglostjack

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 19:51 - Nov 18 by QJumpingJack

I am not convinced the Americans can afford to sack Clement and/or Jenkins.
Do they have the money?

Of course they do. They also have a plan to take us to the next level. Otherwise the sellouts wouldn't have sold shirley?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:20 - Nov 18 with 1119 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:40 - Nov 18 by KGriz16

Does anyone have any further information or rumors on why Clement seems to have a rather large disliking towards Mesa? I heard something interesting the other day that PC refuses to use Mesa as it's not his signing, and it's a signing that was thrust upon him by the powers that be, and that Clucas was Clement's man that was he's so hell bent on making the signing work.
The match was a much better watch than that against Brighton for me. When Bony came on it seemed to be a positive change as the squad began playing as Bony started dropping deep and bringing more players into the game. We're desperately crying out for 4-2-3-1 with the players we have, although we would struggle to find room for Bony and Abraham.
I agreed with a lot of what the OP said in the Summer with thinking Clement was moving in a particular direction with the signings being made. I thought we were slowly moving back toward the 'Swansea way.' But when I match us play now, I can't seem to understand what we're trying to do? We seem to get the ball out wide to aimlessly cross it in, when Tammy only scored 3/4 goals last season with his head, he seems to be as a player who needs the ball into feet or for him to run onto something. As much as posters on here are laying blame with HJ (not saying he's without blame at all) there's only one man whose picking the squad, line up and tactics for a match day and that's Paul Clement.
PC seems to struggle with the idea of changing things. We seem to be repeating the same formation/tactics/line up/play week in, week out.

A brilliant summary

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:25 - Nov 18 with 1105 viewswhoflungdung

Whose buy was Baston as exactly same is happening with Mesa

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:25 - Nov 18 with 1104 views34dfgdf54

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:40 - Nov 18 by KGriz16

In regards to the Mesa situation, that’s exactly what iv heard, I actually heard before the first game against Southampton Clement wasn’t going to use him in a way of protest.

If that’s true or not I don’t know, but the rumours about him being a p*sshead etc are b0llocks.
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:28 - Nov 18 with 1097 viewswhoflungdung

If Clement refuses to include him because of thst ,then Jenkins really should fire him .

Only loser is the Club

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:33 - Nov 18 with 1080 viewsDarran

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:25 - Nov 18 by 34dfgdf54

In regards to the Mesa situation, that’s exactly what iv heard, I actually heard before the first game against Southampton Clement wasn’t going to use him in a way of protest.

If that’s true or not I don’t know, but the rumours about him being a p*sshead etc are b0llocks.

So the rumour about him being a pisshead is Bollox but the other rumour that you heard the one that you don’t know if it’s true or not isn’t Bollox even though you don’t know if it’s true?

Do people actually know how dull they sound?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 21:33]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:40 - Nov 18 with 1075 viewspencoedjack

‘3/4 goals of his 23 goals were with his head ‘ let’s be honest we are putting a lot of pressure on a young kid to replace the goals of a top goal scorer & the player who provided them.

Glen Murray / Dwight Gayle / Chris Wood all scored the same as him last season I’d be surprised if any of them scored more than Llorente did last season.

We sold the Crown Jewels & replaced them Ratners jewellery.
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:52 - Nov 18 with 1037 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:40 - Nov 18 by pencoedjack

‘3/4 goals of his 23 goals were with his head ‘ let’s be honest we are putting a lot of pressure on a young kid to replace the goals of a top goal scorer & the player who provided them.

Glen Murray / Dwight Gayle / Chris Wood all scored the same as him last season I’d be surprised if any of them scored more than Llorente did last season.

We sold the Crown Jewels & replaced them Ratners jewellery.

Hang on though, he's well ahead of where the top scorer was last season.

Be fair...

Thats all I ask.

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:58 - Nov 18 with 1025 viewspencoedjack

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:52 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

Hang on though, he's well ahead of where the top scorer was last season.

Be fair...

Thats all I ask.

I said I don’t believe him or any of the championship top scorers now playing in the PL will get near Llorentes total of last season ... I mentioned nothing about Nov 18th

There’s nothing to be fair about it’s my opinion
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 23:22 - Nov 18 with 988 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:21 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

No it doesn't speak for itself and I'm all for honest, healthy debate when it comes to Jenkins and there's nobody that's given him more stick than me over the years....

But there's no balance whatsoever since what he did to the Trust, and that's just not fair from a purely football perspective.

Your post...

It wasn't an ego clash with Laudrup at all, I'm sorry but that's rubbish. Haven't you seen the contracts he and his agent were writing and demanding? Come on, be fair, that's all I'm asking. That one isn't fair at all.

The Monk appointment was bad for one thing. In hindsight, and that's he ripped up our playing style and we've struggled to get it back since. You don't see so much of our old formation in the Premier league any more mind, but personally I'd like to see it back. 4231.

He did appoint Guido. 100% he did, regardless of how Guido came on the radar. It was Jenkins call and it paid off.

It wasn't Jenkins that sacked Guido and brought in Bradley. You should know that, it's bleeding obvious.

And it wasn't Jenkins being late in the window, that was one man only, the man that likes to restrict lines of communication into him, Kaplan.

The Trust side I'm not even going to go there in terms of defending him, the way he ultimately went about that was cheap.

But the football side he's always got so much more right than wrong nomatter how much you stamp your feet and chuck your dummy out. It's true.

And if you think not, explain clearly, but with facts why you or others think otherwise.

Ferk me. I thought you deserved a decent reply as you had gone to so much trouble. I was writing a bloody essay and my iPad battery gave up as I was putting the finish touches grrrrrrrrrrr!!
I will be back in the morning for another stab at it :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 00:05 - Nov 19 with 978 viewsWoods10

Huw the traitor is desperately trying to get to around the Xmas period before PC gets the boot.that way he can come up with his BULLSHIT about the new manager wanting to assess his squad before buying players therefore missing the January transfer window.and the players that we do get will be Huw the traitors signings.but Huw must be shitting it cos if Clement doesn't pick up some points soon he will be forced to get rid of him before the Xmas period and then he will be forced to spend money.
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 00:22 - Nov 19 with 961 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 23:22 - Nov 18 by Private_Partz

Ferk me. I thought you deserved a decent reply as you had gone to so much trouble. I was writing a bloody essay and my iPad battery gave up as I was putting the finish touches grrrrrrrrrrr!!
I will be back in the morning for another stab at it :-)

Hahaha that is the worst thing that can happen, to anyone. Anywhere. I feel your pain ;-)

But maybe it was a sign? Fate?

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 00:26 - Nov 19 with 951 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 00:05 - Nov 19 by Woods10

Huw the traitor is desperately trying to get to around the Xmas period before PC gets the boot.that way he can come up with his BULLSHIT about the new manager wanting to assess his squad before buying players therefore missing the January transfer window.and the players that we do get will be Huw the traitors signings.but Huw must be shitting it cos if Clement doesn't pick up some points soon he will be forced to get rid of him before the Xmas period and then he will be forced to spend money.

How does that equate with the £20m net spend last January then?

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 00:31 - Nov 19 with 935 viewsWoods10

It was forced upon him last january.same as it will be this January.not in a million years did he want or plan to spend twenty million last jan.it was his poor signings on the summer or lack of that forced his hand then as it will this jan.lessons learned was what I thought was said
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 00:35 - Nov 19 with 920 viewsWatchman

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 18:05 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

to be honest I think Jenkins could save us again in January.

Remember now it was him who brought about the change to get us 29 points last season.

I know he wanted Siggy gone a month earlier and things could well have been so different then. I'd also say we'll be good for £20m in January and I'd rather Jenkins picks the right manager and they work together to turn us around.

Long term we could do with a full review of our recruitment, I'd agree with that, but for the time being I do think Jenkins is still probably our best hope.

wahey uncle Leigh has got in his pocket enjoy the corned beef sandwiches next season

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 01:01 - Nov 19 with 881 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 00:35 - Nov 19 by Watchman

wahey uncle Leigh has got in his pocket enjoy the corned beef sandwiches next season

Wahey isn't it about time to grow up now?

Just a little bit?

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 01:04 - Nov 19 with 876 viewsWatchman

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 01:01 - Nov 19 by TheResurrection

Wahey isn't it about time to grow up now?

Just a little bit?

You are too far in to even begin to act like an adult

Go to bed Super Ted!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 01:21 - Nov 19 with 859 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 01:04 - Nov 19 by Watchman

You are too far in to even begin to act like an adult

Go to bed Super Ted!

Is that right?

Yet I try to talk about the game we all support with every post.

Can you say the same?

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 09:36 - Nov 19 with 780 views34dfgdf54

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 21:33 - Nov 18 by Darran

So the rumour about him being a pisshead is Bollox but the other rumour that you heard the one that you don’t know if it’s true or not isn’t Bollox even though you don’t know if it’s true?

Do people actually know how dull they sound?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 21:33]

Clement not playing him as a protest is a rumour.

Mesa being a p*sshead is not true, and that is a stonewall fact.
The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 23:39 - Nov 19 with 696 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Trust. Time to make an official recommendation to oust Clement on 20:21 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

Your post...

Ah well it wasnt the morning but here goes......
When Jackett and Martinez were appointed we were a very different club and I suspect the Board were far more a committee than the shambles we have now. I am convinced Martinez left partly because of ambition within the club, or lack of it. Sousa was never given much credit and at the time he was everyone's favourite. No Left Field appointment there. Nevertheless it soured within a year with Monk being one of the main stirrers and Jenkins refusing to back him. Hardly surprising he was offski. The warning signs were there.
Rogers was an excellent appointment and surprised many. This was followwed by an equally top appointment with ML. Again it was no surprise though. He was available so it made consummate sense.
For me egos got in the way. Jenkins was not prepared to let ML, and particularly Tutumulu, have their way. Ash and Michu were going to be sold on. I would not have been happy at the time but hindsight eh? Anyway Jenkins was having none of it. He joined the wrong warring faction and kicked Tutumulu out of the club. He was called a liar and at that point and it went unchallenged. He then proceeded to almost effectively constructively dismiss ML by insisting Monk wpuld be his assistant . When ML accepted this, and did not walk, he was was fired by email.
Sinsce then Jenkins has been an unmitigated disaster.
Monk was an arrogant and lazy appointment. Particularly when you consider Koeman was waiting in the wings.
Then followed dithering of mammoth proportions. A South American jaunt pi$$ed off Beilsa before Jenks announces no one wanted to manage us.
He did appoint Guidolin but only after the Don's agent offered his services. We were desperate at the time with Curt failing and visibly ageing every day.
Then Bradley..... I agree it was probably the Yank's appointment but where was Jenkins? He had stopped talking to Guidolin weeks before so he was obviously paving the way for another sacking by email. I won't mention holidays and birthdays. Jenkins should have stood his ground there if he really was a true supporter. He had enough money already with his sell out.
Clement was a good appointment but a young manager has been wrecked by selling his best players from under him in a poor and late window. I can't blame Kaplan for that. Jenkins is famous for his dithering long before the Yanks arrived. If the Yanks were indeed doing this then again he should have stood up to be counted. Of course he couldn't as he was instrumental in selling the club to them.
Who owns the club is a very important factor football-wise btw. Due diligence was not carried out and the supporters were marginalised. We are now reaping the rewards.
Jenkins and the Board had a good first 5 years or so but it does not warrant them gratitude from the fans infenitum. They enjoy the credit and they have to take the pelters as well.
Imho he must go, his mojo has gone and I have no faith in him whatsoever Clem's days are numbered as well I think. He is starting to look wrecked.
Our only hope is that the Trust and the Yanks would have the wherewithal to appoint someone who has contacts and who can take advantage of the January window.
I doubt it very much we have it in us hence I feel we are doomed.
Jeez I wish my battery had not packed in. Version one was much better ;-)
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 23:44]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024