Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Will 21:18 - Nov 19 with 19612 viewsNeath_Jack

As your role as associate director, did you used to attend the directors box at home games? I'm not talking about your role as Trust observer now, as i believe these are two completely different roles?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

FAO Will on 21:30 - Nov 20 with 1844 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Will on 21:28 - Nov 20 by Nookiejack

But any amendments they don't appear to have been registered with the PRA?

Indeed. They’ll have to be creative with their reasoning.

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Will on 21:31 - Nov 20 with 1834 viewsNookiejack

FAO Will on 21:02 - Nov 20 by Shaky

Courts determine rights and wrongs in legal matters.

And if positions have hardened to the extent currently in evidence, who is going to front the legal fees to test Lisa's opinion?

Do you have any idea on what the costs would be?

if you won who would then pay the costs? Would Will have to himself if court found he was flouting the rules?
FAO Will (n/t) on 21:33 - Nov 20 with 1810 viewsQJumpingJack

[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 21:36]
FAO Will on 21:34 - Nov 20 with 1804 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Will (n/t) on 21:33 - Nov 20 by QJumpingJack

[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 21:36]

To be honest, I don’t think that kind of comment is helpful or appropriate.

FAO Will on 21:38 - Nov 20 with 1772 viewsQJumpingJack

It was not meant in an offensive way.
FAO Will on 21:41 - Nov 20 with 1755 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Will on 21:38 - Nov 20 by QJumpingJack

It was not meant in an offensive way.

I didn’t think it was.

FAO Will on 21:51 - Nov 20 with 1722 viewsShaky

FAO Will on 21:22 - Nov 20 by exiledclaseboy

It’s not going to get that far though is it? The Trust has two options from what I can tell. Accept that the 2001 rules still apply and that the chairman and maybe other board members can no longer hold those positions, or backtrack on Uxy’s post and retroactively claim that the 2014 rules were adopted after all and that all board members are legitimate according to those rules. I expect them to do the latter because the former would be a disaster for them. No one would believe them but I doubt anyone would take it to court.

As i suggested elsewhere, rather than make more or less educated guesses about the background to this issue, somebody should try to phone up Supporters Direct and get some facts.

That person should be you, and i bet you would have no trouble getting the real deal. People in those types of organisations always love to talk.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

FAO Will on 21:55 - Nov 20 with 1716 viewsShaky

FAO Will on 21:31 - Nov 20 by Nookiejack

Do you have any idea on what the costs would be?

if you won who would then pay the costs? Would Will have to himself if court found he was flouting the rules?

No idea how much it would cost.

But I do recall the Trust board recently took out some kind of insurance cover, so that would probably cover any costs awarded against them.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Will on 21:56 - Nov 20 with 1709 viewsNookiejack

FAO Will on 21:55 - Nov 20 by Shaky

No idea how much it would cost.

But I do recall the Trust board recently took out some kind of insurance cover, so that would probably cover any costs awarded against them.

Would the insurance - cover an individual who is breaking the rules though?
FAO Will on 21:58 - Nov 20 with 1688 viewsShaky

FAO Will on 21:56 - Nov 20 by Nookiejack

Would the insurance - cover an individual who is breaking the rules though?

That's why I said probably.

Misology -- It's a bitch

FAO Will on 22:03 - Nov 20 with 1661 viewstheloneranger

FAO Will on 17:21 - Nov 20 by Shaky

General Heydrich has said he owns 5% of Delaware LLC though, right?

In which case Kaplan and Levin don't together own 68% fully diluted.

Anyway not a majorpoint.

Robert Hernreich, part Sacramento Kings owner, arrested in Colorado

http://www.denverpost.com/2007/12/21/robert-hernreich-part-sacramento-kings-owne

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

FAO Will on 22:25 - Nov 20 with 1610 viewsMoscowJack

FAO Will on 21:30 - Nov 20 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed. They’ll have to be creative with their reasoning.

Hence the silence from their side at the moment, I guess.

I would expect, based on what we know so far, that they are deciding what their options are and what they think they can get away with.

You don't go behind people's backs for 18-24 months to get the 'top job' just to give it up without a fight.

Even though they're quite obviously 'snookered', I don't think they'll hold up their hands, admit fault and walk away.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

FAO Will on 22:32 - Nov 20 with 1563 viewsNookiejack

FAO Will on 20:45 - Nov 20 by londonlisa2001

Now, moving on.

If the 'new' rules were not adopted, the old rules apply. In which case, if Will or any other is not able to serve, they are not able to serve. No resignation is needed. They are not able to serve.

The question is whether the 'other' rule, I.e, the board needs to be a minimum of 12 members, 8 if whom are elected, was met at the date of the vote and the recommendation for the vote?

Perhaps ECB can confirm where in the Trust Board minutes the Board voted in favour of the recommendation to accept the Yank's offer?

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-board-and-agm-minutes/

Who argued the case for it? Who voted for it? Was it a 12-0 and 8-0 in favour of the deal?

As Lisa mentioned below were there a minimum of 12 members there? 8 of whom ever elected and were they all able to serve under the rules at the time of the vote?
FAO Will on 12:10 - Nov 21 with 1352 viewsVetchfielder

FAO Will on 17:27 - Nov 20 by Vetchfielder

LD's 1% sold ?

I assume you mean Bulk Vending System's 1%?

I haven't seen that announced anywhere. Where have you seen that Nick?

I've looked at the latest confirmation statement and I'm confused by it. It's not the same as previous years' versions and doesn't hold a list of shareholders. The words made me believe that there were no changes from the previous year's version but it looks like I was wrong on that. Could somebody with a bit of knowledge explain the brevity of latest confirmation statement for the holding company?

I didn't want to bump this yesterday because I didn't want to disrupt the epic flow of the thread.

Anyway.... bump please

Proud to have been one of the 231

FAO Will on 13:01 - Nov 21 with 1272 viewsswanforthemoney

FAO Will on 22:32 - Nov 20 by Nookiejack

Perhaps ECB can confirm where in the Trust Board minutes the Board voted in favour of the recommendation to accept the Yank's offer?

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-board-and-agm-minutes/

Who argued the case for it? Who voted for it? Was it a 12-0 and 8-0 in favour of the deal?

As Lisa mentioned below were there a minimum of 12 members there? 8 of whom ever elected and were they all able to serve under the rules at the time of the vote?

Is it just me, or do the minutes always look very sparse?

I stand in the North Stand

FAO Will on 13:02 - Nov 21 with 1267 viewsswanforthemoney

FAO Will on 22:03 - Nov 20 by theloneranger

Robert Hernreich, part Sacramento Kings owner, arrested in Colorado

http://www.denverpost.com/2007/12/21/robert-hernreich-part-sacramento-kings-owne

Old story isn't it ?

I stand in the North Stand

FAO Will on 13:09 - Nov 21 with 1256 viewsNookiejack

FAO Will on 12:10 - Nov 21 by Vetchfielder

I didn't want to bump this yesterday because I didn't want to disrupt the epic flow of the thread.

Anyway.... bump please

The confirmation statement was at 16/10/2017

From the link it suggests there were no updates since the last confirmation statement. Hence why everything is blank.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04305508/filing-history

Maybe LD's 1% stake (from Moscow's intelligence) was sold after the 16/10/2017?
FAO Will on 13:14 - Nov 21 with 1241 viewsVetchfielder

FAO Will on 13:09 - Nov 21 by Nookiejack

From the link it suggests there were no updates since the last confirmation statement. Hence why everything is blank.

Great, thanks for the response Nookie, makes sense.

Proud to have been one of the 231

FAO Will on 13:19 - Nov 21 with 1228 viewsMoscowJack

FAO Will on 13:09 - Nov 21 by Nookiejack

Actually, someone else mentioned LD's sale first, but apparently it was last week.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

FAO Will on 13:44 - Nov 21 with 1167 viewsShaky

FAO Will on 20:37 - Nov 20 by Nookiejack

They don't appear to have been filed in respect of the
register

https://mutuals.fsa.gov.uk/SocietyDetails.aspx?Number=29289&Suffix=R

The original rules '4th Oct 2001' seemed to have been filed '01 Oct 2014'.

I am just going to say one more thing about this then I will shut up.

On reflection the absence of a filing on the new articles doesn't alter my opinion one bit, based on the facts as we know them.

The resolution passed at the 2015 Trust AGM lawfully agreed to bin the 12 term limit imposed under the original rules, in accordance with all applicable law and custom. Like it or not it was agreed.

The FCA then for unknown reasons rejected the new rules in their entirety. However, in so doing they are - as far as I can see - guilty of fundamental overreach by dismissing all element of the new bylaws, rather than only those they specifically objected to.

This appears to contravene the fundamental doctrine of severability, and as I explained that seems to me to be unlawful and highly unlikely to be upheld were this to go to court.

That said I am in complete agreement that there should be a term limit and why not 12 years.

However, for me the right way to put this to bed is with due respect for the law; table a resolution at the forthcoming AGM (no board member shall ever serve for more than 12 years) and then this is done in a transparent and permanent way in accordance with all applicable law.

Otherwise it is just a mob rule. Things already seem to be headed well in that direction, and I want no part of that.

And BTW IF the Trust board survive into January, they will almost certainly also seek to have new rules confirmed once again, so gearing up for that proxy fight makes perfect sense anyway.

Misology -- It's a bitch

FAO Will on 14:01 - Nov 21 with 1131 viewsNookiejack

FAO Will on 13:44 - Nov 21 by Shaky

I am just going to say one more thing about this then I will shut up.

On reflection the absence of a filing on the new articles doesn't alter my opinion one bit, based on the facts as we know them.

The resolution passed at the 2015 Trust AGM lawfully agreed to bin the 12 term limit imposed under the original rules, in accordance with all applicable law and custom. Like it or not it was agreed.

The FCA then for unknown reasons rejected the new rules in their entirety. However, in so doing they are - as far as I can see - guilty of fundamental overreach by dismissing all element of the new bylaws, rather than only those they specifically objected to.

This appears to contravene the fundamental doctrine of severability, and as I explained that seems to me to be unlawful and highly unlikely to be upheld were this to go to court.

That said I am in complete agreement that there should be a term limit and why not 12 years.

However, for me the right way to put this to bed is with due respect for the law; table a resolution at the forthcoming AGM (no board member shall ever serve for more than 12 years) and then this is done in a transparent and permanent way in accordance with all applicable law.

Otherwise it is just a mob rule. Things already seem to be headed well in that direction, and I want no part of that.

And BTW IF the Trust board survive into January, they will almost certainly also seek to have new rules confirmed once again, so gearing up for that proxy fight makes perfect sense anyway.

The Trust had plenty of time to challenge the FCA ruling though Shaky?

The detailed Trust review a year later would also have identified that the new rules had not yet been adopted by the FCA?
FAO Will on 14:06 - Nov 21 with 1118 viewsShaky

FAO Will on 14:01 - Nov 21 by Nookiejack

The Trust had plenty of time to challenge the FCA ruling though Shaky?

The detailed Trust review a year later would also have identified that the new rules had not yet been adopted by the FCA?

As i said i will shut up about this now.

But it is obvious that the broad PS consensus has already accepted the very wort interpretation of the Trust board's motives, on the basis of very, very few facts.

Misology -- It's a bitch

FAO Will on 14:18 - Nov 21 with 1101 viewsNookiejack

FAO Will on 14:06 - Nov 21 by Shaky

As i said i will shut up about this now.

But it is obvious that the broad PS consensus has already accepted the very wort interpretation of the Trust board's motives, on the basis of very, very few facts.

It isn't good governance though Shaky to have indefinite terms in office.

Why would you argue for this and vote to take them out of the rule book?

It might not be a conspiracy but it is poor governance.

Interesting to know also what the feedback from the FCA was at the time.
FAO Will on 14:21 - Nov 21 with 1093 viewsNookiejack

FAO Will on 14:18 - Nov 21 by Nookiejack

It isn't good governance though Shaky to have indefinite terms in office.

Why would you argue for this and vote to take them out of the rule book?

It might not be a conspiracy but it is poor governance.

Interesting to know also what the feedback from the FCA was at the time.

PS respecting your view here Shaky and mindful that Will and rest of them teaminjng Trust Board could actually be the good guys
FAO Will on 14:23 - Nov 21 with 1085 viewsNookiejack

FAO Will on 14:21 - Nov 21 by Nookiejack

PS respecting your view here Shaky and mindful that Will and rest of them teaminjng Trust Board could actually be the good guys

Edit : Will and the remaining Trust Board (post the recent resignations) could actually be the good guys
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024