Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Pullis sacked 21:48 - Nov 19 with 11437 viewsgandhiaber

I’d take him, what do you think??
Tony Pullis sacked on 23:56 - Nov 19 with 4166 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tony Pullis sacked on 21:54 - Nov 19 by Darran

People are out if their fuçking minds.
There’s only 20 Premier league managers jobs in the world and 5 or 6 of them some people will never get.
Sack PC and managers from all over the world should be queueing from Fabian Way to the Liberty to get the job.

Jenkins needs to go first though.

Yep. Have an up arrow. The last sentence was vital though. Otherwise I would have disagreed.
Personally I feel that anyone that could save us would be fine with me.
The trouble is with our squad is we are not set up for Pullis type footy. He would have the same problems as Franc de whatsit at Palace accept Vicky Verky. Palace would have been geared up for Pullis type hoof but not the lovely game Franc wanted.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tony Pullis sacked on 00:09 - Nov 20 with 4134 viewsJethroJack

Pulis would be a great fit for us at the moment, having won only 2 out of the last 20 odd games with West Brom. He'd feel right at home here!
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 0:10]
Tony Pullis sacked on 08:51 - Nov 20 with 4038 viewsSTID2017

Listening to Talksport this morning. They were talking about Pulis at WBA and about the fans (and possibly players) wanting expansive football as well as the bad run they have had, lack of cohesion, etc.
Sounded like us.
If he came here I feel it would be more of the same as PC is currently giving us.
So it's a no from me.
Sharp about turn on my opinion, I know.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Tony Pullis sacked on 09:07 - Nov 20 with 4012 viewskarnataka

Tony Pullis sacked on 08:51 - Nov 20 by STID2017

Listening to Talksport this morning. They were talking about Pulis at WBA and about the fans (and possibly players) wanting expansive football as well as the bad run they have had, lack of cohesion, etc.
Sounded like us.
If he came here I feel it would be more of the same as PC is currently giving us.
So it's a no from me.
Sharp about turn on my opinion, I know.

TP has a good track record as a manager, PC does not. Agreed WBA are currently in a bit of turmoil too but I think he has had his time at WBA same as he did at Stoke. However, he does have the ability to get teams organised and effective, 2 adjectives that certainly can't be applied tor our team at the moment. It may be short term-ism but if we want to stay in the PL, unfortunately it is probably going to take TP or someone equally undesirable and uncompromising to turn us around because that is the depth of hole we are in. If it was possible, I would just take him until the end of the season while we still have time on our side and tempt him with a massive bonus if he keeps us up and then say thanks and goodbye and take stock of where we are and where we want to go.
Tony Pullis sacked on 09:51 - Nov 20 with 3935 viewsjohnlangy

NO.
Tony Pullis sacked on 10:07 - Nov 20 with 3916 viewsjack247

This is what we have been reduced to over the last couple of years. Can you imagine Pulis being a serious contender to take over from Laudrup? This place would have melted.

As it’s stands now, I’d probably be happy with it.
Tony Pullis sacked on 10:15 - Nov 20 with 3897 viewsswan65split

He just been sacked, while we drift aimlessly towards the Bottom/
Tony Pullis sacked on 10:29 - Nov 20 with 3861 viewsicecoldjack

If Jenkins signed Mesa then he wouldn't go for Pullis, if he didn't sign him then maybe .

We are closer to a Pullis stoke team than a Laudrup/Rodgers/Martinez swans team anyway, so it would make sense in our current situation.

PS

Who in a million years would ever think our club or fans would consider a Puliis or Big Sam to manage us ? shows how much the club has been destroyed .
Login to get fewer ads

Tony Pullis sacked on 11:07 - Nov 20 with 3787 viewsWarwickHunt

Tony Pullis sacked on 10:07 - Nov 20 by jack247

This is what we have been reduced to over the last couple of years. Can you imagine Pulis being a serious contender to take over from Laudrup? This place would have melted.

As it’s stands now, I’d probably be happy with it.

He does what a manager should do - make the team greater than the sum of its parts.

He even had Palace playing good football when they were safe. Given the shîte we're in, he'd be a good short term appointment (assuming he'd be allowed to tell Gonzo to dip the fück out) - no point in giving anyone the job while that useless egomaniac is still DoF though.

Another plus is we wouldn't spunk £20m+ on Chadli in January...
Tony Pullis sacked on 11:30 - Nov 20 with 3741 viewsswanforthemoney

Tony Pullis sacked on 10:29 - Nov 20 by icecoldjack

If Jenkins signed Mesa then he wouldn't go for Pullis, if he didn't sign him then maybe .

We are closer to a Pullis stoke team than a Laudrup/Rodgers/Martinez swans team anyway, so it would make sense in our current situation.

PS

Who in a million years would ever think our club or fans would consider a Puliis or Big Sam to manage us ? shows how much the club has been destroyed .

The pair of them are greedy duplicitous b@stards. They’d be right at home.

Either of them would want more than a year, though.

It’s arrogant and self deluded to think that either of them are somehow ‘beneath’ what we stand for as a club. I’d prefer the big b@stard if we had the choice, I think he is looking higher than us at the moment though.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 11:44]

I stand in the North Stand

Tony Pullis sacked on 11:43 - Nov 20 with 3702 viewsJacket

I absolutely hate his football, but I can't say the football served up by PC is any better. Remember the days when everyone were going cockahoop at the way the Swans played, now I honestly can't see how Pulis would make things any worse in terms of style of play. I'd actually take him and all. How utterly depressing.
Tony Pullis sacked on 11:44 - Nov 20 with 3697 viewshuwlittle

No chance for me that would just take us further away from the old Swansea passing side what we don’t want is long balls going everywhere

Swansea jack

Tony Pullis sacked on 11:47 - Nov 20 with 3681 viewsoldcob

Frying pan and fire comes to mind.
Tony Pullis sacked on 11:56 - Nov 20 with 3654 viewsJacket

If you compare the Swansea Way to a toy car. At the minute all our wheels are buckled, getting Pulis would be like bringing out the f-ing hammer and smashing said car to pieces. The car with the buckled wheels is as useless to the kid and as far from where we want to be, that you may as well smash the damn thing up cause it ain't gonna get fixed. That's where I'm coming from.
Tony Pullis sacked on 11:57 - Nov 20 with 3651 viewswhoflungdung

Don't fry . It's bad for you

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Tony Pullis sacked on 11:57 - Nov 20 with 3647 viewsSwansea93

The football we played that day was a joy to watch.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Tony Pullis sacked on 12:11 - Nov 20 with 3615 viewsMrSwerve

I think we need to forget this 'Swansea way' thing.

We're playing football as dire as I've ever seen at the moment...I wouldn't care if we brought in a hoofball manager as long as we maintain our PL status.

I don't subscribe to this whole 'drop down to the lower leagues to have a fresh start' idea. Ensuring PL status is paramount.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Tony Pullis sacked on 12:24 - Nov 20 with 3583 viewsYossarian

In just the same way as people on here are rightly comparing whether we would have seriously contemplated Pulis or Alladyce to replace Laudrup....who would have gone for Fer and a dozen of our other recruits since Laudrup? They were cheap for a reason. I’m confident that the question as to whether any of them could play fast, with short passing to feet and with tempo never asked. It’s taken longer than we hoped- but the chickens are coming home to roost. You can’t polish turds- which is what our current squad are in comparison to the Laudrup days. Feck I’m angry.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Tony Pullis sacked on 12:57 - Nov 20 with 3538 viewsTrundle10

Tony Pullis sacked on 12:24 - Nov 20 by Yossarian

In just the same way as people on here are rightly comparing whether we would have seriously contemplated Pulis or Alladyce to replace Laudrup....who would have gone for Fer and a dozen of our other recruits since Laudrup? They were cheap for a reason. I’m confident that the question as to whether any of them could play fast, with short passing to feet and with tempo never asked. It’s taken longer than we hoped- but the chickens are coming home to roost. You can’t polish turds- which is what our current squad are in comparison to the Laudrup days. Feck I’m angry.

You cannot polish turds.... you can roll them in glitter tho
Tony Pullis sacked on 13:09 - Nov 20 with 3496 viewswhoflungdung

It's not a case of buying cheap because we haven't and that s the point

We ve spent big money on players d never start them . That is something to ponder .

We ve made good profit then utterly thrown it away

It's why we are where are

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Tony Pullis sacked on 13:29 - Nov 20 with 3458 viewsOldjack

Tony Pullis sacked on 11:57 - Nov 20 by Swansea93

The football we played that day was a joy to watch.

how the hell we didn't win that game ,'twas a joy to watch though

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Tony Pullis sacked on 14:07 - Nov 20 with 3396 viewstomdickharry

Pullis is not and lets repeat is not a "yes" man so the chances of him coming to Swansea even if there were a managerial vacancy are nil.
Tony Pullis sacked on 14:14 - Nov 20 with 3388 viewsattila_the_hun

Pulis should have the Wales job before dirt bag Giggs

If we do sack PC then throw some money at the Celtic manager

"I'm Free"

Tony Pullis sacked on 14:24 - Nov 20 with 3371 viewsGlyn1

I'd prefer us to get relegated.

Seriously, I mean that.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Tony Pullis sacked on 14:35 - Nov 20 with 3351 viewsjack247

Tony Pullis sacked on 14:24 - Nov 20 by Glyn1

I'd prefer us to get relegated.

Seriously, I mean that.

What do you think relegation would achieve?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024