Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was passiert in Deutschland? 10:12 - Nov 20 with 2167 viewsLohengrin

A full two months after the German elections and the FDP pull out of coalition talks. The world's fourth largest economy has no properly functioning governance. What a mess.

I wonder what effect political instability at the heart of Europe will have on the Brexit negotiations?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 13:29 - Nov 20 with 2099 viewswestwalesed

The FDP are pro business and extremely liberal on the economy. They will want a good Brexit deal for the UK and the EU.

FIngers crossed they can apply some leverage on Merkel!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 18:52 - Nov 20 with 2034 viewssP7qupUf

I'm off to the Hamburg Beer Festival after the Bournemouth game. Might need a few beers after it!1 Haven't been to Germany for a while, it will be interesting to sense the mood there.
Was passiert in Deutschland? on 19:01 - Nov 20 with 2031 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 18:52 - Nov 20 by sP7qupUf

I'm off to the Hamburg Beer Festival after the Bournemouth game. Might need a few beers after it!1 Haven't been to Germany for a while, it will be interesting to sense the mood there.

The mood at the festival will be ebullient, fella', and the only thing you'll be sensing is a monstrous hangover in the making.

Hamburg's a great city. Enjoyo...

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 19:16 - Nov 20 with 2020 viewslonglostjack

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 13:29 - Nov 20 by westwalesed

The FDP are pro business and extremely liberal on the economy. They will want a good Brexit deal for the UK and the EU.

FIngers crossed they can apply some leverage on Merkel!

I wouldn't bank on it. They benefited from a fair bit of tactical voting from traditionally CDU voters. Given that they pulled the plug on the talks that may not be the case next time. The FDP is also a bit of a one man show and Lindner hasn't made himself popular with a large section of his party by his stance on the refugee question.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 19:21 - Nov 20 with 2015 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 19:16 - Nov 20 by longlostjack

I wouldn't bank on it. They benefited from a fair bit of tactical voting from traditionally CDU voters. Given that they pulled the plug on the talks that may not be the case next time. The FDP is also a bit of a one man show and Lindner hasn't made himself popular with a large section of his party by his stance on the refugee question.

Didn't Lindner 'do a Trump'and make noises about having Merkel prosecuted? Well, hauled before the constitutional court in Karlsruhe at any rate?

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 19:28 - Nov 20 with 2000 viewslonglostjack

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 19:21 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

Didn't Lindner 'do a Trump'and make noises about having Merkel prosecuted? Well, hauled before the constitutional court in Karlsruhe at any rate?

I think that was Alice Weidel from the Afd.

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 19:36 - Nov 20 with 1989 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 19:28 - Nov 20 by longlostjack

I think that was Alice Weidel from the Afd.

More than likely, although I'm tolerably sure Lindner was hopping on the bandwagon as well? What must be of concern to Merkel are the calls from the Christian Social Union, the Bavarian affiliate of her own Christian Democrats, for her prosecution.

Her time is just about up, I should think.

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 20:06 - Nov 20 with 1971 viewsHighjack

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 19:36 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

More than likely, although I'm tolerably sure Lindner was hopping on the bandwagon as well? What must be of concern to Merkel are the calls from the Christian Social Union, the Bavarian affiliate of her own Christian Democrats, for her prosecution.

2005 she became chancellor so under the 12 year rule she is illegitimate. The bastard.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 20:09 - Nov 20 with 1969 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 20:06 - Nov 20 by Highjack

2005 she became chancellor so under the 12 year rule she is illegitimate. The bastard.

Das habe ich gehort!

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 20:21 - Nov 20 with 1954 viewsHighjack

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 20:09 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

Das habe ich gehort!

Ich kann deutch nicht sprechen, aber sie ist eine hasslich tw@tten.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 20:53 - Nov 20 with 1935 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 20:21 - Nov 20 by Highjack

Ich kann deutch nicht sprechen, aber sie ist eine hasslich tw@tten.

In meinen jungeren tagen nannten sie mich den Roten Engel, wissen sie. das leben war nicht immer dieser scheiss!

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 08:04 - Nov 21 with 1868 viewslonglostjack

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 19:36 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

That sounds much more dramatic than the reality! The CSU threatened to claim in the constitutional court in 2016 that the lack of an upper limit on the number of refugees entering the country was unconstitutional. This was more of a political threat from the Bavarians and the outcome, had it gone to court, would have been far from clear. The CSU dropped the idea in 2016. There are still differences regarding the introduction of an upper limit but within the CDU and CSU calls for a change in the old order are starting to take centre stage. Merkel and Seehoffer's days are limited. For the younger party members the question of pensions and generational inequality is probably as important as that of immigration.

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 10:02 - Nov 21 with 1832 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 08:04 - Nov 21 by longlostjack

That sounds much more dramatic than the reality! The CSU threatened to claim in the constitutional court in 2016 that the lack of an upper limit on the number of refugees entering the country was unconstitutional. This was more of a political threat from the Bavarians and the outcome, had it gone to court, would have been far from clear. The CSU dropped the idea in 2016. There are still differences regarding the introduction of an upper limit but within the CDU and CSU calls for a change in the old order are starting to take centre stage. Merkel and Seehoffer's days are limited. For the younger party members the question of pensions and generational inequality is probably as important as that of immigration.

Gesture politics? Well, yes. A sop to try and placate CSU members railing over Merkel's migrant policy. I still think Merkel herself regarded it as a dagger in the back, though.

I'm interested in how you arrived at your view on the variance in generational priorities outlined at the end of your post there?

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 11:53 - Nov 21 with 1791 viewslonglostjack

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 10:02 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

Gesture politics? Well, yes. A sop to try and placate CSU members railing over Merkel's migrant policy. I still think Merkel herself regarded it as a dagger in the back, though.

I'm interested in how you arrived at your view on the variance in generational priorities outlined at the end of your post there?

The Junge Union held a conference in Dresden before the coalition talks began for example.

"In addition to a stricter immigration policy, the Union's younger generation is preparing a whole catalog of demands for a Union led Jamaican administration. It must pursue a generation-friendly policy. These included stable finances and a pension reform that would include the younger generation. There must be no further pension gifts at the expense of the younger generation."

The gifts referred to are a clear dig at Seehofer's "Mutter Rente" proposals and those of the SPD of course.

Here's the link

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/junge-union-erhebt-forderungen-an-ange
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 11:57]

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 12:18 - Nov 21 with 1777 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 11:53 - Nov 21 by longlostjack

The Junge Union held a conference in Dresden before the coalition talks began for example.

"In addition to a stricter immigration policy, the Union's younger generation is preparing a whole catalog of demands for a Union led Jamaican administration. It must pursue a generation-friendly policy. These included stable finances and a pension reform that would include the younger generation. There must be no further pension gifts at the expense of the younger generation."

The gifts referred to are a clear dig at Seehofer's "Mutter Rente" proposals and those of the SPD of course.

Here's the link

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/junge-union-erhebt-forderungen-an-ange
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 11:57]

Thanks.

Mutterrente? Time off to raise children is work, essential work at that, it should be recognised as such. I agree with the youngsters, an arbitrary cut off date is a nonsense. The application must be universal.

I'm chuckling here as well, mate. There are probably people sat reading this who are none too familiar with German politics thinking "what the Hell Jamaica has to do with anything!"

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 13:02 - Nov 21 with 1765 viewslonglostjack

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 12:18 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

Thanks.

Mutterrente? Time off to raise children is work, essential work at that, it should be recognised as such. I agree with the youngsters, an arbitrary cut off date is a nonsense. The application must be universal.

I'm chuckling here as well, mate. There are probably people sat reading this who are none too familiar with German politics thinking "what the Hell Jamaica has to do with anything!"

Bavaria as part of a Jamaica coalition ? Was never going to happen !

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 14:00 - Nov 21 with 1745 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 13:02 - Nov 21 by longlostjack

Bavaria as part of a Jamaica coalition ? Was never going to happen !

Usain Bolt didn't get the memo!

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 14:00 - Nov 21 with 1744 viewsHighjack

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 20:53 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

In meinen jungeren tagen nannten sie mich den Roten Engel, wissen sie. das leben war nicht immer dieser scheiss!

Sie braucht nur drei Blätter Toilettenpapier. Eins nach oben, eins nach unten und eins zum Polieren.

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 14:09 - Nov 21 with 1742 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 14:00 - Nov 21 by Highjack

Sie braucht nur drei Blätter Toilettenpapier. Eins nach oben, eins nach unten und eins zum Polieren.

Ich wurde es lieber nicht wissen!

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 14:13 - Nov 21 with 1737 viewswhoflungdung

Impressive stuff

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 14:15 - Nov 21 with 1735 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 14:13 - Nov 21 by whoflungdung

Impressive stuff

We're not going gentle into the Brexit night, Perch!

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 14:18 - Nov 21 with 1733 viewswhoflungdung

Frankly,I'm passed caring

This site is enough to destroy anyone

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 15:05 - Nov 21 with 1721 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 14:18 - Nov 21 by whoflungdung

What's the matter, buddy? Rainy day blues?

Let Lonnie lighten your load.

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 15:31 - Nov 21 with 1712 viewsHighjack

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 14:18 - Nov 21 by whoflungdung

Es wird dich glücklich machen, in eine Toilette zu gehen und nach Männern zu suchen.

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 15:35 - Nov 21 with 1710 viewsLohengrin

Was passiert in Deutschland? on 15:31 - Nov 21 by Highjack

Es wird dich glücklich machen, in eine Toilette zu gehen und nach Männern zu suchen.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024