Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) 16:22 - Nov 20 with 6577 viewsSwansea_Sam

Swansea’s Paul Clement remains safe in his job at the Liberty Stadium for now, with owners Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien keen to give their manager time to stem the flow of defeats.

Sky Sports understands the owners believe Clement is still the man to sort out their current problems and his future won’t depend on the crucial visit of Bournemouth to the Liberty Stadium on Saturday.

Clement is approaching a year in charge in South Wales. Both Levien and Kaplan are well aware of the way he turned the club’s fortunes around, including a run of 4 wins in 5, which secured their Premier League survival last term.

----
Is this the kiss of death?
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 19:28 - Nov 21 with 1805 viewshammy

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 14:34 - Nov 21 by KGriz16

Good managers adapt and change. Clement isn't capable of doing that. We still play football like we have Llorente up front. PC doesn't change tactic/formation/players all because of his insist arrogance that his way will work. Surely now he's been beating the same drum over and over and it's time for him to change tactic/style or we change manager. Football is football and good nature doesn't last long anymore, it's a fickle results business. Time is up. Bournemouth we lose and that's it, if I don't see even a slight change of tactic or personal on Saturday I'm going to be angry before we even kick off. That's how bad it's got for me.

We were in much the same place last season, playing poorly defensively and blunt in attack, even with Llorente and Siggy in the team. This was primarily under BB, but also from mid March to late April, we lost 5 out of 6 and looked like we were doomed (again). Then we beat Stoke 2-0 at home; the difference being he brought Leon back in to get the ball moving quickly between defence and attack. We didn't lose for the remainder of last season.

Not saying we bring Leon back fully, although he could have a part to play, but surely he's got to get Mesa up and running in this position to give us any chance. Why the hell is PC not seeing this ?

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 19:34 - Nov 21 with 1791 viewsRevJames

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 17:04 - Nov 21 by Flashberryjack

You could argue the old Churchill saying "Give us the tools and we'll do the job"

HJ has sold Clements' best tools and replaced them with a rusty hammer, a bent screwdriver and a blunt saw.

If this wasn't football, based on our last 3 years, do you think the people in charge (aside from Clement) would have lasted this long in the real business world?

Just how inept do we have to become for changes to be made?
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 19:39 - Nov 21 with 1772 viewsdickythorpe

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 19:34 - Nov 21 by RevJames

If this wasn't football, based on our last 3 years, do you think the people in charge (aside from Clement) would have lasted this long in the real business world?

Just how inept do we have to become for changes to be made?

The last 4 weeks would suggest hearts aren't in it. Cowards.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 19:54 - Nov 21 with 1759 viewsswans11

I don't believe anything that any owner says. few weeks ago before west ham played on sky we will only change manager if things get desperate. fast forward a few weeks and guess what they sacked manager and not that much had changed. that was what actually came direct from them not through a source so I'd expect a sacking soon if keep losing
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 08:16 - Nov 22 with 1681 viewsKGriz16

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 19:28 - Nov 21 by hammy

We were in much the same place last season, playing poorly defensively and blunt in attack, even with Llorente and Siggy in the team. This was primarily under BB, but also from mid March to late April, we lost 5 out of 6 and looked like we were doomed (again). Then we beat Stoke 2-0 at home; the difference being he brought Leon back in to get the ball moving quickly between defence and attack. We didn't lose for the remainder of last season.

Not saying we bring Leon back fully, although he could have a part to play, but surely he's got to get Mesa up and running in this position to give us any chance. Why the hell is PC not seeing this ?

Something needs to change hammy. He can't keep playing the same midfield three and hoping for the same results. He needs Mesa (however sh*t) or Leon back in there. Those three jokers he keeps rotating at the moment need to be dropped. At the base of those midfield three he needs someone who can recycle the ball and get the team going. He doesn't need a lazy Leroy Fer.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 13:48 - Nov 22 with 1593 viewsSPboy

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 14:25 - Nov 21 by jack247

We aren’t aiming for top 4, we are aiming for top 17. The squad we have got is more than capable of that. Player for player, we are probably better than Burnley. They have a better manager and play as a team. We don’t even know our best eleven.

Bob was obviously a failure and Clement is heading the same way rapidly. The biggest problem with Guidolin was that we sacked him.

It’s all about opinions, it sounds like you think man for man we are better than Burnley. I don’t think so. They have a better defence and better attacking midfielders.

We don’t have a balance in midfield, we have no pace & our defence is so poor the only time we look like we aren’t going to concede is when we play 5 at the back. Our set pieces are poor and our aerial threat is non existent. None of our players are capable of shooting from 20 yards. Most of these shortfalls are not down to Clement. Most of these issues are down to incompetent recruitment and bargain basement shopping. Our team
Is full of players only comfortable passing the ball around in our own half.

When I look at most sides likely to be battling relegation there may be only 3 players in our team that I could see comfortably holding down a starting place in any of the other relegation candidates & 1 of those is Fabianski
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 13:50 - Nov 22 with 1591 viewsRevJames

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 13:48 - Nov 22 by SPboy

It’s all about opinions, it sounds like you think man for man we are better than Burnley. I don’t think so. They have a better defence and better attacking midfielders.

We don’t have a balance in midfield, we have no pace & our defence is so poor the only time we look like we aren’t going to concede is when we play 5 at the back. Our set pieces are poor and our aerial threat is non existent. None of our players are capable of shooting from 20 yards. Most of these shortfalls are not down to Clement. Most of these issues are down to incompetent recruitment and bargain basement shopping. Our team

When I look at most sides likely to be battling relegation there may be only 3 players in our team that I could see comfortably holding down a starting place in any of the other relegation candidates & 1 of those is Fabianski

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 18:58 - Nov 22 with 1528 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Absolutely. No fight, no spirit, no hope. Clement OUT!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 21:22 - Nov 22 with 1472 viewsjack247

Agree with most of that, the point where we disagree is I think most of it is down to Clement.

Pace, aerial threat - not his fault (though he, quite rightly in my opinion, didn’t want Montero or Barrow).

Balance in midfield - he leaves fučking Mesa out every week.
Set pieces - he is a world renowned coach. You would think this is something he would have a bit of a look at in training.
The reason the defence looks poor is because the balance in midfield is wrong. They looked fine with Leon in front of them back end of last season.

How many Brighton players would get in our team?
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 09:02 - Nov 23 with 1408 viewssquarebear

I don’t think Clement knew his best eleven at Derby, and that was during a 19 game unbeaten run.

Maybe he’s simply a tinkerer.

Another criticism levelled at him at Derby was his inclination to pay big bucks for players who used the same agent as him.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 12:24 - Nov 23 with 1342 viewsSPboy

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 21:22 - Nov 22 by jack247

Agree with most of that, the point where we disagree is I think most of it is down to Clement.

Pace, aerial threat - not his fault (though he, quite rightly in my opinion, didn’t want Montero or Barrow).

Balance in midfield - he leaves fučking Mesa out every week.
Set pieces - he is a world renowned coach. You would think this is something he would have a bit of a look at in training.
The reason the defence looks poor is because the balance in midfield is wrong. They looked fine with Leon in front of them back end of last season.

How many Brighton players would get in our team?

Good challenge, Brighton are one of the poorest sides to visit us this season. I’d take their back 4 (particularly like Lewis Dunk & Duffy partnership), Knockaert, Gross & Menas. Glenn Murray gets goals wherever he goes

Our defence only looked ok last season in the last 5 games against teams with nothing to play for.

Naughton has been found out this season. Fernandez always got a big mistake in him. Mawson switches off & gets pulled out of position too easily, Olsson is steady but not reproducing what he did for us last season
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 13:06 - Nov 23 with 1328 viewsjack247

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 12:24 - Nov 23 by SPboy

Good challenge, Brighton are one of the poorest sides to visit us this season. I’d take their back 4 (particularly like Lewis Dunk & Duffy partnership), Knockaert, Gross & Menas. Glenn Murray gets goals wherever he goes

Our defence only looked ok last season in the last 5 games against teams with nothing to play for.

Naughton has been found out this season. Fernandez always got a big mistake in him. Mawson switches off & gets pulled out of position too easily, Olsson is steady but not reproducing what he did for us last season

The ‘on the beach’ argument gets trotted out all the time, it’s a bit of a fallacy. From memory, Hull played Palace, other than that, our relegation rivals were also mainly playing teams whose seasons were effectively over. All of those games bar Sunderland were competitive, no one rolled over for us.

Our back four is fine, but as you say about Fernandez, they all have a mistake in them. Put Leon in front of them (was hoping and expecting Mesa to take over) and they all look better because they have an easy ball on most of the time, or opposition players follow him, giving them a bit more time. Naughton and Mawson in particular look much better with Leon in the side.

With any combination of Carroll, Clucas, Fer and Ki in front of them you haven’t really got anyone to break up opposition attacks or relieve the pressure when they are in possession. Carroll could possibly be moulded into that role. The others look better further up the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024