Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) 16:22 - Nov 20 with 6574 viewsSwansea_Sam

Swansea’s Paul Clement remains safe in his job at the Liberty Stadium for now, with owners Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien keen to give their manager time to stem the flow of defeats.

Sky Sports understands the owners believe Clement is still the man to sort out their current problems and his future won’t depend on the crucial visit of Bournemouth to the Liberty Stadium on Saturday.

Clement is approaching a year in charge in South Wales. Both Levien and Kaplan are well aware of the way he turned the club’s fortunes around, including a run of 4 wins in 5, which secured their Premier League survival last term.

----
Is this the kiss of death?
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 16:29 - Nov 20 with 4716 viewsShonky

Clement going nowhere by Darran 20 Nov 2017 15:29
According to Sky sources.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/932628255441596416

Its just a ride...

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 17:05 - Nov 20 with 4651 viewsdobjack2

If we get a pasting off Bournemouth things could change very quickly
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 06:08 - Nov 21 with 4426 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 17:05 - Nov 20 by dobjack2

If we get a pasting off Bournemouth things could change very quickly

The way he's going I think he's given up and is waiting for the axe to fall to put him out of his misery so he could return to the nice safe semi anonymity of a second in command. With a giant payoff for failing in his back pocket, obviously.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 06:55 - Nov 21 with 4379 viewsSTID2017

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 06:08 - Nov 21 by Brynmill_Jack

The way he's going I think he's given up and is waiting for the axe to fall to put him out of his misery so he could return to the nice safe semi anonymity of a second in command. With a giant payoff for failing in his back pocket, obviously.

To my mind the whole football contract thing is wrong.
Contracts should exist to ensure agreements are kept , sure, but why should theirs (football managers) differ from ours ?
Our Contract of Employment for virtually any job says (roughly) "You do a job to an expected standard, we'll give the pay and conditions as agreed" They all have a host of caveats about expected level of achievements and behaviour and it's a given that if we fail to achieve those we can be sacked without having a large payoff.
To give someone (anyone including CEO's of large organisations) positions that say (again roughly) "Perform well , we'll reward you well. Perform badly, we'll still reward you well" is just crazy and sickening.
Sorry but this side of football (and employment contracts in general) needs changing

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 07:25 - Nov 21 with 4346 viewsjack247

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 06:55 - Nov 21 by STID2017

Contracts should exist to ensure agreements are kept , sure, but why should theirs (football managers) differ from ours ?
Our Contract of Employment for virtually any job says (roughly) "You do a job to an expected standard, we'll give the pay and conditions as agreed" They all have a host of caveats about expected level of achievements and behaviour and it's a given that if we fail to achieve those we can be sacked without having a large payoff.
To give someone (anyone including CEO's of large organisations) positions that say (again roughly) "Perform well , we'll reward you well. Perform badly, we'll still reward you well" is just crazy and sickening.
Sorry but this side of football (and employment contracts in general) needs changing

It’s because you are (presumably) on a permanent contract whilst footballers, managers etc are essentially contractors. It protects us as well. We got £40 odd million for Siggy, if he was employed in the same way you and I are, he could have just given a months notice.

As for Clement in particular, he was a very successful assistant manager who had failed in his only attempt at managing. As much trouble as we were in last Christmas, he would have been desperate to take a PL job. I’ve no idea what his contract states, but I’d be surprised if we’d been foolish enough pay him a (comparatively) massive wage, or load it with big clauses.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 07:49 - Nov 21 with 4325 viewsSTID2017

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 07:25 - Nov 21 by jack247

It’s because you are (presumably) on a permanent contract whilst footballers, managers etc are essentially contractors. It protects us as well. We got £40 odd million for Siggy, if he was employed in the same way you and I are, he could have just given a months notice.

As for Clement in particular, he was a very successful assistant manager who had failed in his only attempt at managing. As much trouble as we were in last Christmas, he would have been desperate to take a PL job. I’ve no idea what his contract states, but I’d be surprised if we’d been foolish enough pay him a (comparatively) massive wage, or load it with big clauses.

I know all what you say makes sense and fully understand the nuances of the difference between a generic "Contract of Employment" which, with tweaks, applies to most of the general working population, and individual negotiated contracts which are thrashed out to protect both parties.
Also, nobody was a bigger supporter than me since his appointment, was really appreciative of the job he did in keeping us up and I was happy to see him continue through the summer.
However, for a whole mixture of reasons (some of which are outside his control, whilst others are within his control) the wheels have come off the PC bus.
I wish him nothing but the best for the future, but his time at Swansea is done. He looks like a terrified rabbit caught in the headlights every time we see him lately.
If the only thing stopping him leaving / being sacked is the money then it is very frustrating (before you say it - I would be hard pressed to just walk away from a massive payday as well, which is clearly why he is hanging in there now)

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 08:00 - Nov 21 with 4300 viewsjack247

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 07:49 - Nov 21 by STID2017

I know all what you say makes sense and fully understand the nuances of the difference between a generic "Contract of Employment" which, with tweaks, applies to most of the general working population, and individual negotiated contracts which are thrashed out to protect both parties.
Also, nobody was a bigger supporter than me since his appointment, was really appreciative of the job he did in keeping us up and I was happy to see him continue through the summer.
However, for a whole mixture of reasons (some of which are outside his control, whilst others are within his control) the wheels have come off the PC bus.
I wish him nothing but the best for the future, but his time at Swansea is done. He looks like a terrified rabbit caught in the headlights every time we see him lately.
If the only thing stopping him leaving / being sacked is the money then it is very frustrating (before you say it - I would be hard pressed to just walk away from a massive payday as well, which is clearly why he is hanging in there now)

The money ‘shouldn’t’ be a problem. He is a beaten man and he isn’t going to walk.

Unless we are accepting relegation, which no club should do in November, it’s going to happen. The sooner the better for everyone, especially us.

I agree with your point about last season. What he did was remarkable. He hasn’t been able to cut it without Siggy and Llorente though, a decent manager would have been able to IMO
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 09:39 - Nov 21 with 4159 views34dfgdf54

Jim White made a good point on Twitter for a change.

Everton struggling to replace Koeman, even with the cash they have, and West Brom's shortlist is uninspiring to say the least. Not much out there.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 10:38 - Nov 21 with 4065 viewsdeanscfc

Great..more time to watch Fabianski boot the ball up the field, lose it and us defend yet again.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 11:13 - Nov 21 with 4002 viewsPegojack

I see little point in getting involved in the manager merry-go-round again.

It doesn't matter who's in charge, we have a sub standard squad of players and we're going down.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 11:48 - Nov 21 with 3949 viewsandypitt56

Think I would rather see the club relegated than sack clement and appoint someone like pulis, at least there is a chance to rebuild the swansea way in the championship. Appointing pulis will mean is completely dead.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 13:02 - Nov 21 with 3880 viewsJackFish

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 11:48 - Nov 21 by andypitt56

Think I would rather see the club relegated than sack clement and appoint someone like pulis, at least there is a chance to rebuild the swansea way in the championship. Appointing pulis will mean is completely dead.

Clement doesn't seem to have any interest in the "Swansea way" either though. He's a very defensive, risk-averse manager and playing the ball out of the back under pressure like we used to do under Martinez or Rodgers is like the complete opposite to that.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 13:10 - Nov 21 with 3857 viewsjack247

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 11:48 - Nov 21 by andypitt56

We’re going to have to sack him if we want to get back to that style, regardless what division we are in.

I don’t much like Pulis’ style of football, but I prefer it to Clements.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 13:12 - Nov 21 with 3842 viewswhoflungdung

Clement s style ? What s that ?

Passing slowly sideways,backwards ,hanging on and hoping .

Then we fook up

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 13:51 - Nov 21 with 3785 viewsSPboy

I am not suggesting that Clement be cut too much slack, much of the criticism that he is getting is deserved. Poor team selection, poor substitutions, poor tactics, yes he is guilty as charged.

However, you have to ask what is the difference now to the manager who got us 29 points from 19 games last season? We all know the answer to that.

He has a team of players not wanted by teams above us or players offloaded as too expensive to be carried in a Championship squad. Bottom line is there is not enough quality whichever way you divide our current squad up. If some people think a new manager could make a silk purse out of our current lot then great. Whoever we get needs a massive injection of quality players. After all we offloaded £70m worth of players and didn’t replace the players we sold. He ain’t gonna walk & who can blame him he has been short changed. In his mind he is capable of turning it around after all he has done it once already. Lose the next 2 & he will be gone. I wonder if the DoF has a new manager in mind - he has comprehensively failed the last 3 times
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 14:04 - Nov 21 with 3756 viewsBalhamSwan

it's really hard to see where me might pick up are next point
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 14:25 - Nov 21 with 3728 viewsjack247

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 13:51 - Nov 21 by SPboy

I am not suggesting that Clement be cut too much slack, much of the criticism that he is getting is deserved. Poor team selection, poor substitutions, poor tactics, yes he is guilty as charged.

However, you have to ask what is the difference now to the manager who got us 29 points from 19 games last season? We all know the answer to that.

He has a team of players not wanted by teams above us or players offloaded as too expensive to be carried in a Championship squad. Bottom line is there is not enough quality whichever way you divide our current squad up. If some people think a new manager could make a silk purse out of our current lot then great. Whoever we get needs a massive injection of quality players. After all we offloaded £70m worth of players and didn’t replace the players we sold. He ain’t gonna walk & who can blame him he has been short changed. In his mind he is capable of turning it around after all he has done it once already. Lose the next 2 & he will be gone. I wonder if the DoF has a new manager in mind - he has comprehensively failed the last 3 times

We aren’t aiming for top 4, we are aiming for top 17. The squad we have got is more than capable of that. Player for player, we are probably better than Burnley. They have a better manager and play as a team. We don’t even know our best eleven.

Bob was obviously a failure and Clement is heading the same way rapidly. The biggest problem with Guidolin was that we sacked him.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 14:34 - Nov 21 with 3711 viewsKGriz16

Good managers adapt and change. Clement isn't capable of doing that. We still play football like we have Llorente up front. PC doesn't change tactic/formation/players all because of his insist arrogance that his way will work. Surely now he's been beating the same drum over and over and it's time for him to change tactic/style or we change manager. Football is football and good nature doesn't last long anymore, it's a fickle results business. Time is up. Bournemouth we lose and that's it, if I don't see even a slight change of tactic or personal on Saturday I'm going to be angry before we even kick off. That's how bad it's got for me.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 14:46 - Nov 21 with 3663 viewsBlasterJack

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 14:04 - Nov 21 by BalhamSwan

it's really hard to see where me might pick up are next point

West Brom home?

We are a bunch of players (I can't even describe us as a 'team' at present) with zero confidence, no discernible game plan and no direction.

Cannot see us getting anything out of Ballmouth, Chelsea (A) or Stoke (A).

If we go behind on Saturday, the place is going to get toxic very quickly.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 16:14 - Nov 21 with 3559 viewsswan65split

Go behind/lose on Saturday , and soon a gap will start to appear between bottom 3 and safety, if we are in that bottom 3 I cant ever see PC achieving anything to get us out of it, he looks drained , and lost, theres no drive in his actions anymore only despair.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 16:28 - Nov 21 with 3521 viewswhoflungdung

Plenty of time to turn it around.

Three wins on the bounce and we re up to Burnley

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 17:04 - Nov 21 with 3476 viewsFlashberryjack

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 06:55 - Nov 21 by STID2017

You could argue the old Churchill saying "Give us the tools and we'll do the job"

HJ has sold Clements' best tools and replaced them with a rusty hammer, a bent screwdriver and a blunt saw.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 17:07 - Nov 21 with 3474 viewsswan65split

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 16:28 - Nov 21 by whoflungdung

win 3 on the bounce!!! weve won 2 in 12 , lucky to have 2 shots on target in a game!

Not very often one of the teams outside the top 5-6 clubs win 3 on a bounce.
Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 18:56 - Nov 21 with 3372 viewsOldjack

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 16:28 - Nov 21 by whoflungdung

there's more chance of Prosser giving you a tug

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swans will give Clement time (Sky Sports) on 19:13 - Nov 21 with 3326 viewswhoflungdung

'Twas a little levity Alan which would have gone over his head .

A Tug? From him .

I d rather a blow job from a mad Mali

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024