Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The club could be worth nothing within a few months. 16:35 - Nov 20 with 4745 viewsJack59

I would be interested in fans views taking in the following reasonable scenario.

We are adrift of safety by six points or more at the end of January with little hope of improvement.

Since it would require a certain amount of culling for parachute payments to cover wages, could we effectively be just 9 or 10 weeks from the club being worth nothing?
and could that outcome be a positive or negative thing for real fans in the long term.
The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 16:45 - Nov 20 with 4705 viewsSmellyplumz

Sink through the leagues until the scum furk off and then start again. Only way I can see it.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 16:45 - Nov 20 with 4704 viewsOldjack

if that scenario plays out you can be sure the Yanks will be getting ready to move out, taking all. as for the future, no one knows

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 21:49 - Nov 20 with 4487 viewsspiderboy

And on that note I,m ferking off to bed,!
Thankyou for the happy Monday fellas!
The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 21:50 - Nov 20 with 4478 viewsQJumpingJack

I am not convinced we will get to 20 points this season.
The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 21:53 - Nov 20 with 4463 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I think if we go down, the parachute payments will be a target for our hedge fund friends, we'll be giving players away as quickly as we can to get the wages off our books.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 21:54]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 22:20 - Nov 20 with 4370 viewsjackportis

Start again to achieve what.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 23:33 - Nov 20 with 4235 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Better get £5M for 5% pretty sharpish if that’s the case.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 01:11 - Nov 21 with 4167 viewsLeonWasGod

Nah. Wolves and Birmingham were bought in the last year for somewhere around £40-50m. So the Americans may get up to half their money back, if we go down and if they sell up.

And if we go down we'll be one of the richest clubs in the Championship. Whilst that doesn't guarantee success on the pitch, it should certainly help. It might mean they hang on to try and see if we can bounce back sharpish like Burnley.
Login to get fewer ads

The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 05:32 - Nov 21 with 4093 viewsthereisnospoon

The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 01:11 - Nov 21 by LeonWasGod

Nah. Wolves and Birmingham were bought in the last year for somewhere around £40-50m. So the Americans may get up to half their money back, if we go down and if they sell up.

And if we go down we'll be one of the richest clubs in the Championship. Whilst that doesn't guarantee success on the pitch, it should certainly help. It might mean they hang on to try and see if we can bounce back sharpish like Burnley.

Not true. Fosun paid just 30m for Wolves:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2017/03

And thing is, both Birmingham and Wolves own their own stadium, both of which are 30k+ all seaters, as well as their training grounds. Swans, on the other hand...

Championship clubs cost fvck all. Especially a club that not only doesn't own their own stadium but has tons, and I mean tons of dead wood on long and costly contracts will not at all be attractive to buyers. The Yanks would be EXTREMELY fortunate if they could get half their money back.

Back in 2013 Roland Duchâtelet paid just 14m for Charlton according to The Guardian, and this was a London club mind you that owned its own stadium, and one that was top 9 in Championship. I can't see us going for much more than that given the shape we're in. What investor in their right mind what want to take on a club with a garbage playing squad full of aging and crap players accompanied by a joke of a scouting and recruitment team? No wise man would touch us with a ten foot pole. If we go down it's going to take a hell of a lot of money to get us back up. As it stands, the team we have now would struggle in the Championship.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 5:39]
The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 05:43 - Nov 21 with 4084 viewsConcerned_Parent

The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 05:32 - Nov 21 by thereisnospoon

Not true. Fosun paid just 30m for Wolves:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2017/03

And thing is, both Birmingham and Wolves own their own stadium, both of which are 30k+ all seaters, as well as their training grounds. Swans, on the other hand...

Championship clubs cost fvck all. Especially a club that not only doesn't own their own stadium but has tons, and I mean tons of dead wood on long and costly contracts will not at all be attractive to buyers. The Yanks would be EXTREMELY fortunate if they could get half their money back.

Back in 2013 Roland Duchâtelet paid just 14m for Charlton according to The Guardian, and this was a London club mind you that owned its own stadium, and one that was top 9 in Championship. I can't see us going for much more than that given the shape we're in. What investor in their right mind what want to take on a club with a garbage playing squad full of aging and crap players accompanied by a joke of a scouting and recruitment team? No wise man would touch us with a ten foot pole. If we go down it's going to take a hell of a lot of money to get us back up. As it stands, the team we have now would struggle in the Championship.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 5:39]

agreed. the team we have now won't even cut it in the championship. in all likelihood if we go down we'll be where sunderland are right now, at or near the bottom of the table.

if we go down, you'd have to be an imbecile to buy us. imagine being an owner and having to pay players like routledge and dyer until 2020 thanks to the contracts they're on. no one would subject themselves to throwing away money like that
The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 07:06 - Nov 21 with 4021 viewsawayjack

The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 22:20 - Nov 20 by jackportis

Start again to achieve what.

Achieve true fan ownership. I'd happily sit in lower leagues if it meant the greedy ones are nowhere near our club owned.
The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 09:50 - Nov 21 with 3868 viewsjohnlangy

The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 05:43 - Nov 21 by Concerned_Parent

agreed. the team we have now won't even cut it in the championship. in all likelihood if we go down we'll be where sunderland are right now, at or near the bottom of the table.

if we go down, you'd have to be an imbecile to buy us. imagine being an owner and having to pay players like routledge and dyer until 2020 thanks to the contracts they're on. no one would subject themselves to throwing away money like that

It used to be the case, hopefully still now, that the players had a 50% reduction in wages clause in their contract if we were relegated.

As regards the teams referred to (Wolves etc) it would be interesting to know what debts came with the sale. Simply owning their own stadium is not the whole picture.
The club could be worth nothing within a few months. on 10:03 - Nov 21 with 3839 viewswestside

Maybe Mike Ashley will buy us after flogging newcastle
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024