Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! 15:12 - Nov 21 with 12079 viewsCopperJack

Feedback here. Do it

http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/888/page/94070

This is risking the health of south west Wales to make Cardiff even wealthier. Make a stand. Fill it out. One day, it may be you or your loved ones who need this centre and have to travel to Cardiff who have 2 within the space of 30 minutes.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 20:17 - Nov 25 with 4403 viewsRancid

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 16:06 - Nov 21 by Darran

I remember when the burns and plastics was in Chepstow.
Three çuntshovelling months I was in there. 😩

St.Lawrence.I remember it all too well.My brother spent a year there and they saved his life.
Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 09:26 - Nov 26 with 4359 viewsjohnlangy

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 12:51 - Nov 23 by JoshTheJack

Anyone who looks at that map and Doesn't think it should got to Swansea or further west you would really have to question thier motives.It certainly isn't for the good of the people if it goes to Cardiff.
I'm pretty sure i read a couple of months ago Swansea has one of the med Schools in the UK.It would be a shame to lose those brilliant minds.

No need to question their motives at all. They are corrupt.
Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 09:48 - Nov 26 with 4351 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 21:55 - Nov 23 by jack_lord

management - the real nhs killer

So lack of funding and a diminished Social Care system has nothing to do with it? I think these are far more relevant.
I take your point though and maybe Hunt should be looking at savings in that area as well. Instead he is far more concerned about making NHS workers pay for the cock ups of the bankers.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 09:50 - Nov 26 with 4351 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 13:03 - Nov 23 by Banosswan

Nope, NPT has a minor injury unit that now shuts at 10pm.

I sit corrected. Another scandal.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 10:00 - Nov 26 with 4347 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 09:26 - Nov 26 by johnlangy

No need to question their motives at all. They are corrupt.

I think the motives of Carwyn and his cronies are quite clear. The ambition is to create a Cardiff City State.
It is bad enough they want to centralise all Public , Private and Third Sector jobs in an area that can never benefit the whole of Wales because of its geographical position and a complete lack of transport infacstructure outside of the SE.
The fact now however is it seems we are being prepared for lives of the population to be put at risk to achieve these aims. It says it all about the motives of Welsh Labour.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 10:32 - Nov 26 with 4332 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 20:04 - Nov 25 by CopperJack

How many people signed it?

It's worrying how little regard Welsh Labour has for people outside Cardiff. Very Tory-esque.

Just done it CJ. What a dogs dinner of an online system! Very difficult to find and even more difficult to fill in using an iPad.
I have to say it seems they are chucking documents at us right left and centre in the hope punters will say 'eff it' and not bother.
It is quite ridiculous as the one and only driver should be to cover the whole of Wales within the 'Golden Hour'. If it involves some English Units covering the Eastern Counties then so be it.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 09:20 - Nov 28 with 4281 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 10:32 - Nov 26 by Private_Partz

Just done it CJ. What a dogs dinner of an online system! Very difficult to find and even more difficult to fill in using an iPad.
I have to say it seems they are chucking documents at us right left and centre in the hope punters will say 'eff it' and not bother.
It is quite ridiculous as the one and only driver should be to cover the whole of Wales within the 'Golden Hour'. If it involves some English Units covering the Eastern Counties then so be it.

Bump. Fill the form in guys. It's a faff but at least give your views to the Cardiff Centrics. Don't make it easy for them

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 14:36 - Nov 28 with 4237 viewsSPboy

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 09:20 - Nov 28 by Private_Partz

Bump. Fill the form in guys. It's a faff but at least give your views to the Cardiff Centrics. Don't make it easy for them

Done my bit - filled the form in. Apathy is the enemy here ...
Login to get fewer ads

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 15:15 - Nov 28 with 4224 viewsunion_jack

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 10:32 - Nov 26 by Private_Partz

How did you get to fill it in on iPad. Can't see a way myself?

Let me know if you can. Ta

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 17:16 - Nov 28 with 4209 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 15:15 - Nov 28 by union_jack

How did you get to fill it in on iPad. Can't see a way myself?

Let me know if you can. Ta

I am no techie I must say from the outset ;-)
The main problem is you can't see what you are typing. If you enlarge the screen slightly ( two fingers :-)) it allows you to move the text above the qwerty keyboard.
I have a similar problem posting on here when I get a bit long winded. Which is quite often. :-)

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 18:38 - Nov 28 with 4198 viewsunion_jack

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 17:16 - Nov 28 by Private_Partz

I am no techie I must say from the outset ;-)
The main problem is you can't see what you are typing. If you enlarge the screen slightly ( two fingers :-)) it allows you to move the text above the qwerty keyboard.
I have a similar problem posting on here when I get a bit long winded. Which is quite often. :-)

Problem is I can't get the keyboard up. Normally with a form, I'll tap on the text box and the keyboard appears. Not with this form though. There is an option to open in iBooks or something but that doesn't work either.

I'd like to put my views across though.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 20:20 - Nov 28 with 4176 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 18:38 - Nov 28 by union_jack

Problem is I can't get the keyboard up. Normally with a form, I'll tap on the text box and the keyboard appears. Not with this form though. There is an option to open in iBooks or something but that doesn't work either.

I'd like to put my views across though.

Can anyone else help?
Other than that borrow a lappy or a pc....sorry.
It is all part of the master plan to keep us quiet.
I can hear them now.......'we consulted and few complained about it going to Cardiff as recommended by the 'Independent' panel.....all for the good of Wales.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 18:44 - Nov 29 with 4136 viewsunion_jack

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 20:20 - Nov 28 by Private_Partz

Can anyone else help?
Other than that borrow a lappy or a pc....sorry.
It is all part of the master plan to keep us quiet.
I can hear them now.......'we consulted and few complained about it going to Cardiff as recommended by the 'Independent' panel.....all for the good of Wales.

Think you may be right.

I've got a pc so when I can prise my wife off it as she's working from home, I'll give it a go.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 23:04 - Nov 29 with 4117 viewsClydachjack

Uploaded the form here, it's a pdf file.

https://ufile.io/519bv
Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 18:13 - Dec 5 with 4012 viewsCopperJack

Quick bump.

Anyone yet to fill this in? The louder the opposition, the more likely it'll get rejected. Sadly, as a city, we normally take what we're given (nothing). Apathy is what kills us.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 09:04 - Dec 15 with 3899 viewsCopperJack

This is exactly why we get ignored. Apathy.

Swansea doesn't care. We sit back, get ignored, complain, do nothing, then vote Labour again.

No doubt, when this horrendous decision blights someone's life, everyone will be outraged, yet 99% of people are too lazy to fill out a form. I despair.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 09:13 - Dec 15 with 3896 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 09:04 - Dec 15 by CopperJack

This is exactly why we get ignored. Apathy.

Swansea doesn't care. We sit back, get ignored, complain, do nothing, then vote Labour again.

No doubt, when this horrendous decision blights someone's life, everyone will be outraged, yet 99% of people are too lazy to fill out a form. I despair.

I am with you Copper and sadly this forum reflects the apathy. The Royals thread gets 3 times as many posts.
I have little doubt that again we are going to put lives at risk for all things Cardiff.
Needless to say I have filled in the form. I am convinced the bloody thing has been set up so people take on look and say 'eff it'. The masses of enclosed reports just highlight it. They are all bollo. Any health initiative should have one driver. Saving as many lives as possible. Such thinking does not seem to exist within WAG and their associated panels of 'experts'.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 13:09 - Dec 15 with 3859 viewsunion_jack

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 09:13 - Dec 15 by Private_Partz

I am with you Copper and sadly this forum reflects the apathy. The Royals thread gets 3 times as many posts.
I have little doubt that again we are going to put lives at risk for all things Cardiff.
Needless to say I have filled in the form. I am convinced the bloody thing has been set up so people take on look and say 'eff it'. The masses of enclosed reports just highlight it. They are all bollo. Any health initiative should have one driver. Saving as many lives as possible. Such thinking does not seem to exist within WAG and their associated panels of 'experts'.

For every expert there's another expert!

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 16:38 - Dec 15 with 3826 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 13:09 - Dec 15 by union_jack

For every expert there's another expert!

Indeed but I fail to see how any 'expert' can justify locating a MTC in the SE. An area that is already served by two Units in Bristol.
This will result in triplication in the SE of Wales whilst there will be no cover in the SW westwards of Gower.
You would almost think there are grubby fivers in paper bags being exchanged as the decision will be so rediculous.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 18:51 - Dec 15 with 3810 viewsjohnlangy

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 16:38 - Dec 15 by Private_Partz

Indeed but I fail to see how any 'expert' can justify locating a MTC in the SE. An area that is already served by two Units in Bristol.
This will result in triplication in the SE of Wales whilst there will be no cover in the SW westwards of Gower.
You would almost think there are grubby fivers in paper bags being exchanged as the decision will be so rediculous.

Almost ?

Very christian like of you to use the word.
Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 20:08 - Dec 15 with 3794 viewsunion_jack

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 16:38 - Dec 15 by Private_Partz

I agree.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 20:51 - Dec 15 with 3781 viewsWalkup

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 15:22 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

"...establishing a major trauma centre in Cardiff and a large trauma unit in Swansea."

To the layman, Cooper, what's the difference?

This phrase could be deliberately misleading, written as a sop to the people of Swansea and SWW. "Major" refers to the significance of injury and "Large" refers to the capacity of the department. A MTC has a full consultant lead team covering all disciplines 24/7 with dedicated scanning / diagnostic equipment and resources to only serve A&E. A TC regardless of how large it is will not have a full team available 24/7 and shares resources if at all with the rest of the hospital.
Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 23:38 - Dec 15 with 3760 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 20:51 - Dec 15 by Walkup

This phrase could be deliberately misleading, written as a sop to the people of Swansea and SWW. "Major" refers to the significance of injury and "Large" refers to the capacity of the department. A MTC has a full consultant lead team covering all disciplines 24/7 with dedicated scanning / diagnostic equipment and resources to only serve A&E. A TC regardless of how large it is will not have a full team available 24/7 and shares resources if at all with the rest of the hospital.

This is indeed true.
It would be a very expensive option to try and keep all the expertise in Cardiff whilst kidding those West of Gower that they are covered within the Golden Hour by Swansea
It would be a complete kick in the whatsits for the rest of Wales if we had a Major Trauma Unit in Cardiff and a Not So Major Trauma Unit in Swansea. The massive overkill would still exist in the SE.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 23:25 - Dec 16 with 3709 viewsCopperJack

Well said, PP. In a nutshell.

They're putting the wealth of Cardiff above the health of south west Wales.

Stop Cardiff from getting the MTC over Morriston! on 10:04 - Dec 17 with 3682 viewsBanosswan

A small point, but the units in Bristol are one for adults, one for children. So technically Cardiff are covered by one.

Obviously should still go further west and the irony would be that Cardiff would be covered by two units then.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024