Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chairman stands down 11:02 - Nov 22 with 21899 viewsbiggar

Just had email saying new chairman has stood down.
New chairman stands down on 11:02 - Nov 22 with 8462 viewsLandore_Jack

The Swansea City Supporters’ Trust announces, with great regret, that Will Morris has stepped down from his role as Chairman of the Trust and as a member of the Trust Board.

Will had only recently, and reluctantly, taken on the Chairman role and was keen to make an early effort to engage with fans on internet forums and social media. This however was met with unwarranted, unjustified and potentially libelous comments directed at him. He advised the Trust Board that whilst he was prepared to accept and indeed expected a certain level of criticism as part and parcel of the role, he felt that the nature and extent of totally unwarranted personal abuse was completely unacceptable. He was quite simply not prepared to put up with it himself, nor subject his family to this. He added that neither would he expect others doing their best in a voluntary role to have to do so.

We would hope all Swans fans will recognise that whilst some may disagree with the views and/or actions of the Trust and its individual Board Members, and we have no issue with fans expressing their disagreement, there is neither excuse nor justification for initiating a personal attack on an individual’s character, particularly with comments which are completely unfounded. Traditionally the Supporters’ Trust has not been inundated with applications from individuals who are prepared to give up their own time to join the Trust Board. This sort of personal attack does nothing to encourage fans to come forward and we sincerely hope this will not be repeated.

The Trust Board wishes to place on record its thanks to Will for the huge amount of time and effort he has devoted to the Trust during his time on the Trust Board. We are sorry that he has decided to leave the Board at this time, and his significant contribution will be missed.

A further announcement regarding the Chairman’s position will be made following the next Trust Board Meeting at the beginning of December.

#backtojack

New chairman stands down on 11:05 - Nov 22 with 8432 viewswhoflungdung

Yep, so as we drift southwards ,fans are not to upset the Chairman nor ask any awkward question of an organisation there to represent the fans on whom much shyte is being dropped

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

New chairman stands down on 11:08 - Nov 22 with 8387 viewsfbreath

They all want pats on the back.

Wasn't it stated that he maybe shouldn't have been in this position anyway.

Nasty fans

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

New chairman stands down on 11:10 - Nov 22 with 8369 viewsSoberBaker

"Will had only recently, and reluctantly, taken on the Chairman role and was keen to make an early effort to engage with fans on internet forums and social media. This however was met with unwarranted, unjustified and potentially libelous comments directed at him. He advised the Trust Board that whilst he was prepared to accept and indeed expected a certain level of criticism as part and parcel of the role, he felt that the nature and extent of totally unwarranted personal abuse was completely unacceptable. He was quite simply not prepared to put up with it himself, nor subject his family to this. He added that neither would he expect others doing their best in a voluntary role to have to do so. "

Bullshit. Your time was up.

Take some responsibility you tit!

AMOW

New chairman stands down on 11:17 - Nov 22 with 8278 viewsDarran

I’m sorry but I still don’t get why so many seem intent on destroying the Trust but aren’t interested in destroying the people that sold the club to the Yanks.

Very strange to me and yes the Trust Have fuçked up and broken their own rules and if Will wasn’t eligible to be Trust Chairman because of those broken rules it’s tough shit.

Still don’t get it though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New chairman stands down on 11:18 - Nov 22 with 8285 viewsWarwickHunt

"potentially libelous" (note American spelling).

So not really "libelous" then.
New chairman stands down on 11:19 - Nov 22 with 8272 viewsJacket

Trust needs to sell off shares now while they're still worth something and put the money in some bank account somewhere ready for when the proverbial hits the fan. It is the only way.

They're wasting their time, they have no influence, cut your losses, stash it somewhere and then we'll have a club when the yanks sod off having burnt their fingers and taken the club up shit's creek.
New chairman stands down on 11:25 - Nov 22 with 8213 viewsLandore_Jack

The right decision in my opinion. Why not let Trust members elect a Chairman rather than the Trust board members?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 11:27]

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

New chairman stands down on 11:25 - Nov 22 with 8209 viewsLoyal

Running away quicker than a gobby cardiff fan.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

New chairman stands down on 11:28 - Nov 22 with 8166 views1983

reluctantly, taken on the Chairman role

Boom! No more further questions!

New chairman stands down on 11:28 - Nov 22 with 8138 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 11:25 - Nov 22 by Landore_Jack

The right decision in my opinion. Why not let Trust members elect a Chairman rather than the Trust board members?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 11:27]

Someone currently on the Trust Board or just anybody?

New chairman stands down on 11:29 - Nov 22 with 8135 viewsswanseajack4eva

What about the others on the Trust Board who are over 12 years?
New chairman stands down on 11:31 - Nov 22 with 8107 viewsandypitt56

Everything about the club is a complete shambles, the club, the trust, no wonder we are so poor on the pitch when so rotten to the core off it.
New chairman stands down on 11:35 - Nov 22 with 8048 viewsFrank_Lazarus

Won't Morris, more like.
New chairman stands down on 11:40 - Nov 22 with 7993 viewsMoscowJack

How can that statement be released without mentioning the FACT that he HAD to resign as he is over his 12 year maximum tenure?

I can't believe how this can honestly be happening.

At least have some balls and come out with the truth instead of blaming some p!ssed off fans for being so unhappy with what's going on that they felt the need to do some digging!

It's not their fault that they've got so much wrong....but it's our fault for reporting it?

Also, what about the Associate Director role? Does he still have that?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

New chairman stands down on 11:41 - Nov 22 with 7990 viewsLandore_Jack

New chairman stands down on 11:28 - Nov 22 by Darran

Someone currently on the Trust Board or just anybody?

The Trust members should be presented with a list of candidates that are Trust Board members and will be standing for an election to become Chairman. The members should vote for their candidate. Let the members decide rather than the current committee.

#backtojack

New chairman stands down on 11:43 - Nov 22 with 7940 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 11:41 - Nov 22 by Landore_Jack

The Trust members should be presented with a list of candidates that are Trust Board members and will be standing for an election to become Chairman. The members should vote for their candidate. Let the members decide rather than the current committee.

I have no problem with that.

New chairman stands down on 11:47 - Nov 22 with 7929 viewsJoe_bradshaw

No problem with that but I would put money on it that if that had happened last week Will would have been elected by the Trust members.

Notwithstanding the 12 year rule of course.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

New chairman stands down on 11:55 - Nov 22 with 7842 viewsmonmouth

The Trust is basically just the Yankos now. All the statements are more or less written for them by the club. The game is up and the game is over. Unless the new chairman is strongly and publicly against appeasement, building bridges and licking arse, it's just another placeman working for the club board.

When are the other 12 year boys standing down? And before anyone asks, no I'm not standing and no, I no longer give a toss if there's anyone left on the Trust. Let Phil, Andy and Matt G go back and run the whole thing. We don't need anyone or anything else. the Trust is simply about what to do with the shares now, not raffles and statues..
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 11:56]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New chairman stands down on 12:06 - Nov 22 with 7741 viewsJJJack

New chairman stands down on 11:40 - Nov 22 by MoscowJack

How can that statement be released without mentioning the FACT that he HAD to resign as he is over his 12 year maximum tenure?

I can't believe how this can honestly be happening.

At least have some balls and come out with the truth instead of blaming some p!ssed off fans for being so unhappy with what's going on that they felt the need to do some digging!

It's not their fault that they've got so much wrong....but it's our fault for reporting it?

Also, what about the Associate Director role? Does he still have that?

Because this is what the culture of the Trust has become in the last 7 or 8 years. When I see you next Nick I'll tell you a few things which would make your hair curl about the Trust. And if I know these things then I'm certain many others do as I take no real interest.

Anyway it's a side show which conveniently takes our collective minds of the horror show going on, football-wise.
New chairman stands down on 12:10 - Nov 22 with 7705 viewsKGriz16

This is getting more and more embarrassing by the week. What have these people been doing for all this time? Did they expect the good times to last forever? That they couldn't be held accountable for anything? Took role as chairman and couldn't face the music.
New chairman stands down on 12:11 - Nov 22 with 7701 viewspencoedjack

No point just giving a list of candidates need to know what they stand for as well

1st question what’s your view on the ex directors
New chairman stands down on 12:12 - Nov 22 with 7692 viewsSmellyplumz

Rehab is for quitters!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

New chairman stands down on 12:26 - Nov 22 with 7574 viewsSwanzay

1 chairman gone, hopefully another one to go.....
New chairman stands down on 12:27 - Nov 22 with 7554 viewswhoflungdung

Indeed swan zay

Indeed

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024