Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement v Bradley 11:13 - Nov 24 with 3129 viewswhoflungdung

Not really that much between them

Actually ,it might be Bradley wasn't as bad or inept

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Clement v Bradley on 12:09 - Nov 24 with 2024 viewslonglostjack

Now you're being silly.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Clement v Bradley on 12:45 - Nov 24 with 1976 viewsjack247

They are/were both so far out of their depth that comparisons are futile. Neither are good enough.

With Clements selections, you can at least normally see a logic to it, even if it is a very negative, defeatist logic. Bob just didn’t know what he was doing.

If I had to pick between the two, I’d pick Clement every time, even if you take last seasons great escape out of it. He will get us relegated though, as Bob would have done.
Clement v Bradley on 13:19 - Nov 24 with 1926 viewsBloodyhills

Sorry, but Bradley was useless.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Clement v Bradley on 13:25 - Nov 24 with 1908 viewsJango

Clement had 2 transfer windows to get it right and yet he still has no clue what his best team is.
Clement v Bradley on 14:04 - Nov 24 with 1839 viewsjackjackjackjack

Clement v Bradley on 13:25 - Nov 24 by Jango

Clement had 2 transfer windows to get it right and yet he still has no clue what his best team is.

I bet he thinks his best team involves Cork, Siggy and Llorente.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Clement v Bradley on 15:04 - Nov 24 with 1740 viewsicecoldjack

Nonsense OP .

The difference is night and day. Bradley was on the same level as Cullis , clement showed he could do a decent job with a certain type of squad, take away the goals and set piece of Llorente and Siggy and no correct replacement and most would struggle .

Clement proved himself a decent coach last season, but as we all know it's also about having decent players that can make a difference when it matters .

He is struggling to get a tune out of the current squad but the squad has been weak in key areas for years, only luck and a couple of fluke signings has kept us up until now.
Clement v Bradley on 15:11 - Nov 24 with 1725 viewsTheKirkyLife

Bradley went down in history as one of Swansea's worst managers ever. Just by saving us last season Clement is better than that.
Clement v Bradley on 15:15 - Nov 24 with 1713 viewsTheResurrection

It's a good debate and one you can't just dismiss with the obvious answer.

Clement has done a whole lot worse than Bradley this season and like it says up there has had the benefit of 2 windows. Also when Bradley was brought in he was tasked with getting us to play more exciting football. You could argue Bradley may have won a lot more points by using the same negative tactics Clement does.

Either way I'd rather neither of them.

We need to move on.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Clement v Bradley on 15:39 - Nov 24 with 1677 viewsswancity

Clement v Bradley on 15:04 - Nov 24 by icecoldjack

Nonsense OP .

The difference is night and day. Bradley was on the same level as Cullis , clement showed he could do a decent job with a certain type of squad, take away the goals and set piece of Llorente and Siggy and no correct replacement and most would struggle .

Clement proved himself a decent coach last season, but as we all know it's also about having decent players that can make a difference when it matters .

He is struggling to get a tune out of the current squad but the squad has been weak in key areas for years, only luck and a couple of fluke signings has kept us up until now.

'Bradley was on the same level as Cullis'

Is that a joke? He really wasn't. Bradley had a decent CV. Not good enough to be offered a job at a Premier League Club but certainly a million miles ahead of Cullis. Their only similarity is that they were both offered a Manager job by Swansea City, both being out of their (relative) depth.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Clement v Bradley on 15:41 - Nov 24 with 1676 viewsicecoldjack

Clement v Bradley on 15:15 - Nov 24 by TheResurrection

Clement has done a whole lot worse than Bradley this season and like it says up there has had the benefit of 2 windows. Also when Bradley was brought in he was tasked with getting us to play more exciting football. You could argue Bradley may have won a lot more points by using the same negative tactics Clement does.

We need to move on.

In fairness It's hard to move on when one of them is still the manager !
Clement v Bradley on 15:44 - Nov 24 with 1666 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bradley is incapable of getting 29 points in half a Premier League season.

Sadly, Clement appears no longer capable of it either.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Clement v Bradley on 15:48 - Nov 24 with 1656 viewspencoedjack

Clement v Bradley on 15:44 - Nov 24 by Joe_bradshaw

Bradley is incapable of getting 29 points in half a Premier League season.

Sadly, Clement appears no longer capable of it either.

Pep would have difficulty in getting 29 points with this squad

Add Gylfi & Llorente & he'd manage it fine.
Clement v Bradley on 15:56 - Nov 24 with 1634 viewsKGriz16

Clement v Bradley on 15:15 - Nov 24 by TheResurrection

We need to move on.

I'm curious on who your choice of manager would be if PC gets the boot?
Clement v Bradley on 15:57 - Nov 24 with 1631 viewsKGriz16

Clement v Bradley on 15:48 - Nov 24 by pencoedjack

Pep would have difficulty in getting 29 points with this squad

Add Gylfi & Llorente & he'd manage it fine.

There's nothing wrong with the squad. It's the manager, not the players.
Clement v Bradley on 16:13 - Nov 24 with 1602 viewsicecoldjack

Clement v Bradley on 15:39 - Nov 24 by swancity

'Bradley was on the same level as Cullis'

Is that a joke? He really wasn't. Bradley had a decent CV. Not good enough to be offered a job at a Premier League Club but certainly a million miles ahead of Cullis. Their only similarity is that they were both offered a Manager job by Swansea City, both being out of their (relative) depth.

Err.. There was of course an element of tounge in cheek but as you rightly point out, both out of their depth, that's the point, same level see, out of their depth level .

Do you really wish to compare CV's of 2 guys that should never have been anywhere near our club at their respective levels. The point is that neither had the ability to manage us.

Cullis was taking a huge leap from Youth team football at Cradley and Bob was taking a huge leap from the French 2 nd division .

Granted the gap from French L2 to premier league is maybe a touch closer than non league youth to L2 but is it really such a big gap ?

Only one was convicted of fraud but both could easily have been, neither should have been anywhere near our club. both guys were worlds apart from what was needed at the time.
Clement v Bradley on 17:32 - Nov 24 with 1541 viewswhoflungdung

It's called debate Icey

take away last season and you ll get my drift.Maybe ,maybe not

Clement v Bradley on 17:39 - Nov 24 with 1528 viewspencoedjack

Clement v Bradley on 15:57 - Nov 24 by KGriz16

There's nothing wrong with the squad. It's the manager, not the players.

We will agree to disagree that’s what forums are about

A nearly relegated side sell the players who provided nearly all the goals & assists to keep them up replace with players of a lesser quality & bank 30 million quid

It doesn’t normally end well
Clement v Bradley on 17:55 - Nov 24 with 1504 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clement v Bradley on 17:39 - Nov 24 by pencoedjack

A nearly relegated side sell the players who provided nearly all the goals & assists to keep them up replace with players of a lesser quality & bank 30 million quid

And keep a rooky Manager.
Clement v Bradley on 18:35 - Nov 24 with 1459 viewsjackportis

At least Bradley had a plan but didnt get his time to execute. What is Clements plan.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Clement v Bradley on 18:45 - Nov 24 with 1437 viewsicecoldjack

Clement v Bradley on 17:32 - Nov 24 by whoflungdung

It's called debate Icey

take away last season and you ll get my drift.Maybe ,maybe not

Yes, and it's a nonsense debate, thats my comment you don't need to take it to heart , we just agree to disagree.
Clement v Bradley on 18:47 - Nov 24 with 1432 viewsicecoldjack

Clement v Bradley on 17:39 - Nov 24 by pencoedjack

Maybe that comment needs to be made a sticky ?

Sell good players,replace with inferior = relegation .
Clement v Bradley on 19:16 - Nov 24 with 1407 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clement v Bradley on 18:35 - Nov 24 by jackportis

At least Bradley had a plan but didnt get his time to execute. What is Clements plan.

Bradley had a Plan, perhaps you would like to share it with the rest of us.
Unless you mean like Monk, "We must work harder"?
Clement v Bradley on 19:25 - Nov 24 with 1395 viewswhoflungdung

Not taking to heart Icey.

You know me!

Love ya really

Clement v Bradley on 20:00 - Nov 24 with 1363 viewsjackportis

Clement v Bradley on 19:16 - Nov 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Bradley had a Plan, perhaps you would like to share it with the rest of us.
Unless you mean like Monk, "We must work harder"?

Bradley spoke about the fact he was unable to deliver his plan after he was axed.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Clement v Bradley on 20:27 - Nov 24 with 1339 viewsTheResurrection

Clement v Bradley on 15:56 - Nov 24 by KGriz16

I'm curious on who your choice of manager would be if PC gets the boot?

It's a tricky one because we'd have to pay Clement off, or at least budget for it and any new manager under contract would also cost..

You could spend an easy hour or two going through 442's best manager lists, there's loads that sound the business in that list

Liked the sound of Gianni Von Bronkhorst, he won Feyenord their first title in 20 odd years I think, maybe a cup too. Gets his teams playing football....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024