Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flawless issues 20:13 - Nov 25 with 31762 viewsmagicdaps10

Seems that the EPL are hitting them game time and the service is not working.

Seems like people are obtaining VPN themselves and this sorts the issue.

What do you people recommend for a free VPN for kodi on a firestick?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Flawless issues on 08:48 - Nov 27 with 1903 viewsSTID2017

Flawless issues on 08:44 - Nov 27 by pikeypaul

VPN does not bypass the block.

It’s the server that’s blocked not the ip address.

Its down to which service provider you use.

If that is the case, as the majority of us use BT, Virgin and Sky, who all have a massive vested interest in throttling access to sport outside of their sources, then most of us will have problems

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Flawless issues on 09:13 - Nov 27 with 1883 viewsElward

For people not on Facebook and unaware of what is actually going on with Flawless let me help explain.

It is only EPL blocks within the UK. That is why all other games, champions league, la liga etc. will be fine. Also people who live outside of the UK will be fine to watch EPL games as it is only a block within the UK (hence why a VPN by passes your IP address)

With the blocks, Flawless have stated that the blocks only happened at the start of the match and start of the 2nd half, so that is why they were ready and quick to get around it, however on Saturday they encountered a problem where as soon as the blocks were removed, they got put back up again so that's why there was an issue. They have made a statement that they may know a way around it now in preparation for next weekend, and also currently awaiting new servers to also help.

With regards a VPN, DO NOT get a free one as they are known to leak IP's and sell to 3rd parties. Some decent VPN's services are as little as £2-£3 a month so don't be cheap. IPVanish have a deal on at the moment for $69 (£53) for a 2 year subscription working out at £2.21 a month for example.

Also do a bit of research with regards VPN's, some are better then others, and some come down to personal preference. Some you may find have next to no difference in speed drop when activated, but that is usually because they are in fact not very good. Some you may notice a 50% drop in speed, but that is not because it is no good, quite the opposite, it is mainly due to the amount of privacy that comes with it. No logs etc.
Flawless issues on 09:32 - Nov 27 with 1860 viewsTheResurrection

Flawless issues on 09:13 - Nov 27 by Elward

For people not on Facebook and unaware of what is actually going on with Flawless let me help explain.

It is only EPL blocks within the UK. That is why all other games, champions league, la liga etc. will be fine. Also people who live outside of the UK will be fine to watch EPL games as it is only a block within the UK (hence why a VPN by passes your IP address)

With the blocks, Flawless have stated that the blocks only happened at the start of the match and start of the 2nd half, so that is why they were ready and quick to get around it, however on Saturday they encountered a problem where as soon as the blocks were removed, they got put back up again so that's why there was an issue. They have made a statement that they may know a way around it now in preparation for next weekend, and also currently awaiting new servers to also help.

With regards a VPN, DO NOT get a free one as they are known to leak IP's and sell to 3rd parties. Some decent VPN's services are as little as £2-£3 a month so don't be cheap. IPVanish have a deal on at the moment for $69 (£53) for a 2 year subscription working out at £2.21 a month for example.

Also do a bit of research with regards VPN's, some are better then others, and some come down to personal preference. Some you may find have next to no difference in speed drop when activated, but that is usually because they are in fact not very good. Some you may notice a 50% drop in speed, but that is not because it is no good, quite the opposite, it is mainly due to the amount of privacy that comes with it. No logs etc.

I've got IP Vanish and can't say it's helped whatsoever. I have even tried knocking it off to make things better.

I'm no techie on the matter but all I'm saying don't go thinking a VPN is some kind of magical wand, because it isn't. Also, Flawless themselves have said you don't need one with their set up.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Flawless issues on 09:35 - Nov 27 with 1851 viewsmagicdaps10

Flawless issues on 09:13 - Nov 27 by Elward

They state that it has nothing to do with the VPN?

So its no point me getting one then?

Flawless issues on 09:42 - Nov 27 with 1843 viewsUxbridge

Problem is that it's a two-pronged attack - the ISP's are blocking access to these providers but also they're attacking the actual Flawless servers themselves. That's why VPN's won't solve the whole issue, only one part.

If you go down the streaming route then VPN's are absolutely critical anyway, but it's not going to solve this sort of problem. Sadly this is what happens when a particular provider gets too popular or is on the radar of those doing the targeting. It's unlikely they'll find a proper way around this, once they're on the hit list.

Best way is always to try and find some way of watching the games using some sort of official account. Plenty of countries stream all the games, I know NBC in the States do which was great for me when I was over there, and a VPN can really help you with that sort of thing. Again, not without its flaws, but it's the most secure solution. Either that or you move onto the next provider until they get caught up with, and repeat.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Flawless issues on 10:13 - Nov 27 with 1808 viewsTheResurrection

Flawless issues on 09:42 - Nov 27 by Uxbridge

Problem is that it's a two-pronged attack - the ISP's are blocking access to these providers but also they're attacking the actual Flawless servers themselves. That's why VPN's won't solve the whole issue, only one part.

If you go down the streaming route then VPN's are absolutely critical anyway, but it's not going to solve this sort of problem. Sadly this is what happens when a particular provider gets too popular or is on the radar of those doing the targeting. It's unlikely they'll find a proper way around this, once they're on the hit list.

Best way is always to try and find some way of watching the games using some sort of official account. Plenty of countries stream all the games, I know NBC in the States do which was great for me when I was over there, and a VPN can really help you with that sort of thing. Again, not without its flaws, but it's the most secure solution. Either that or you move onto the next provider until they get caught up with, and repeat.

So this sounds interesting.

VPN and then register and pay to use NBC. I take it they have an online platform?

Got a link?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Flawless issues on 10:28 - Nov 27 with 1791 viewsTheResurrection

Flawless issues on 09:42 - Nov 27 by Uxbridge

$40 from now until the end of the season.

£30 this is a good shout, Ux.

You said not perfect, but what problems would you envisage in doing it this way?

Flawless issues on 10:49 - Nov 27 with 1777 viewsElward

Flawless issues on 09:32 - Nov 27 by TheResurrection

I've got IP Vanish and can't say it's helped whatsoever. I have even tried knocking it off to make things better.

I'm no techie on the matter but all I'm saying don't go thinking a VPN is some kind of magical wand, because it isn't. Also, Flawless themselves have said you don't need one with their set up.

Have you asked Flawless to activate it on your account?
Login to get fewer ads

Flawless issues on 11:27 - Nov 27 with 1746 viewsmagicdaps10

Yeah looks like you have too ask Flawless to enable your VPN.

Bit of a mixed bag, some saying that all is ok after this and others saying it does nothing.....................i know what category i would fall in!!!

Flawless issues on 14:30 - Nov 27 with 1695 viewsTheResurrection

Flawless issues on 10:49 - Nov 27 by Elward

Yeah, I did.

I was all excited to use the VPN and it made zero difference, in fact I've had to knock it off to get it better performing.

Same with Netflix, I can see all the American content with the VPN but they've put their own block on it so that doesn't work either.

Ux, what issues can you see for the NBC option?

Flawless issues on 14:51 - Nov 27 with 1681 viewsUxbridge

Flawless issues on 14:30 - Nov 27 by TheResurrection

Yeah, I did.

I was all excited to use the VPN and it made zero difference, in fact I've had to knock it off to get it better performing.

Same with Netflix, I can see all the American content with the VPN but they've put their own block on it so that doesn't work either.

Ux, what issues can you see for the NBC option?

I haven't looked into it for a while, so I'm not sure NBC are showing all games live on the online platform. I seem to recall they split into two different places.

However, assuming it is, the issue is geoblocking. VPN should get around that, but they're actively looking for people who are doing that. You're seeing the same issue with Netflix - they don't just look at your IP address, they'll look at other indicators on your device (harder to spoof on Android than a PC for example). They're getting smarter.

I need to do some proper research basically. Or I need to speak to Stevethejack, he's the oracle on such things.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Flawless issues on 16:31 - Nov 27 with 1638 viewsTheResurrection

Flawless issues on 14:51 - Nov 27 by Uxbridge

I haven't looked into it for a while, so I'm not sure NBC are showing all games live on the online platform. I seem to recall they split into two different places.

However, assuming it is, the issue is geoblocking. VPN should get around that, but they're actively looking for people who are doing that. You're seeing the same issue with Netflix - they don't just look at your IP address, they'll look at other indicators on your device (harder to spoof on Android than a PC for example). They're getting smarter.

I need to do some proper research basically. Or I need to speak to Stevethejack, he's the oracle on such things.

I looked into it earlier and downloaded 2 apps. NBC Sports APK and then it asked me to download another one, NBC Sports Gold I think it was. The Premier League pass was from today until May 21st ( or thereabouts) and for $39.99, so then you'd have to subscribe and get log in details etc.

I'd happily pay that and more every season, it's also a lot more legit as at least i'd be contributing in some tiny way to the Swans main income stream, but there's no point if it won't work. Netflix didn't with my VPN, you're right.

Steve, are you out there?

Flawless issues on 16:54 - Nov 27 with 1619 viewsTheResurrection

So reading into that a bit more there does indeed seem to be some splintering off between their main network and the Sports Gold version.

I'm not sure if the marquee games will remain on the main one and the rest, or just some, will be streamed on the Sports Gold version.

Can anyone in America that uses this help here?

Flawless issues on 18:11 - Nov 27 with 1561 viewsJango

I signed up for a VPN with digibit yesterday morning and I had no issues yesterday, my dad didn’t and he couldn’t get anything.
Flawless issues on 18:13 - Nov 27 with 1557 viewsWhiterockin

I'm not a techie so please forgive my ignorance. I have IPVanish if I set it up to use a server from outside the UK will this help?
Flawless issues on 18:24 - Nov 27 with 1541 viewsJack123

Flawless issues on 18:13 - Nov 27 by Whiterockin

I'm not a techie so please forgive my ignorance. I have IPVanish if I set it up to use a server from outside the UK will this help?

From what I have read, France? If not good, play around with different locations.. I don't have a vpn myself, but seriously thinking of getting one..I did miss this weekends footy, couldn't even get a stream on desktop tried, vip, goatd? and another, nothing loaded. Hopefully their workaround will be in place for next weekend.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 18:25]

libera nos a malo

Flawless issues on 18:27 - Nov 27 with 1534 viewsWhiterockin

Flawless issues on 18:24 - Nov 27 by Jack123

From what I have read, France? If not good, play around with different locations.. I don't have a vpn myself, but seriously thinking of getting one..I did miss this weekends footy, couldn't even get a stream on desktop tried, vip, goatd? and another, nothing loaded. Hopefully their workaround will be in place for next weekend.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 18:25]

I was thinking of the USA.
Flawless issues on 18:49 - Nov 27 with 1516 viewspikeypaul

Flawless issues on 18:11 - Nov 27 by Jango

I signed up for a VPN with digibit yesterday morning and I had no issues yesterday, my dad didn’t and he couldn’t get anything.

Do you both use the same internet service provider?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Flawless issues on 20:22 - Nov 27 with 1468 viewsswans11

Flawless issues on 16:54 - Nov 27 by TheResurrection

So reading into that a bit more there does indeed seem to be some splintering off between their main network and the Sports Gold version.

I'm not sure if the marquee games will remain on the main one and the rest, or just some, will be streamed on the Sports Gold version.

Can anyone in America that uses this help here?

to clear it up basically 2 of the 3 o'clock kick offs remain on the nbc live app and the others are on the nbc gold app generally the bigger teams are on the main app and teams like us are mainly on gold but that is not guaranteed sometimes it's the other way around. you won't be able sign up to games on main nbc app as you need have American tv package to get them the gold is purchased as an extra so can buy that. These streams will never be blocked as obviously they are official streams only meant to be watched in USA so a vpn or dns must be used. Also these logins can be shared so the cost could be shared between a couple of you on here. I have watched every away game fine with no problems. May even be able get a login for the nbc app for anyone wants try it but not gold app
Flawless issues on 20:28 - Nov 27 with 1465 viewsElward

If its as easy as that then i may be interested in giving it a shot. Defo something to look into!
Flawless issues on 07:29 - Nov 28 with 1408 viewsSTID2017

Flawless issues on 10:49 - Nov 27 by Elward

According to Flawless Admin they have allowed all VPN's to work automatically and all streams are working.
Signed up for Nord VPN yesterday so I'll try tonight with the EPL games.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Flawless issues on 09:21 - Nov 28 with 1370 viewsJack123

Does anyone if it possible to put digibit vpn on kodi using a laptop? I tried searching google and youtube but the only I seem to get back is to put it on firestick using an apk. Ah right, just taking another look now, and is this correct, if you have it installed on your laptop/pc and it's on, then when you start kodi, it's automatically on for that?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 9:31]

libera nos a malo

Flawless issues on 09:56 - Nov 28 with 1352 viewsmagicdaps10

Flawless issues on 09:21 - Nov 28 by Jack123

Does anyone if it possible to put digibit vpn on kodi using a laptop? I tried searching google and youtube but the only I seem to get back is to put it on firestick using an apk. Ah right, just taking another look now, and is this correct, if you have it installed on your laptop/pc and it's on, then when you start kodi, it's automatically on for that?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 9:31]

If you have it installed, all you have to do is click on it and connect.

You have the options of having the VPN on or not, it should give you the option to connect and if already connected to disconnect.

Flawless issues on 10:04 - Nov 28 with 1347 viewsJack123

Flawless issues on 09:56 - Nov 28 by magicdaps10

If you have it installed, all you have to do is click on it and connect.

You have the options of having the VPN on or not, it should give you the option to connect and if already connected to disconnect.

Nice one..

libera nos a malo

Flawless issues on 10:29 - Nov 28 with 1327 viewsJango

Flawless issues on 18:49 - Nov 27 by pikeypaul

Do you both use the same internet service provider?

Yes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024