Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VdH 20:56 - Nov 25 with 4005 viewsmarchamjack

Surely deserves his own thread today in fairness.

Reminded Alfie what just being a defender is. Nothing fancy, just old fashioned defending.

Best game I've seen from him 👏

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

VdH on 20:58 - Nov 25 with 3984 viewsDr_Winston

I've never understood the vitriol aimed in his direction.

Is he the best defender in the PL? No, not even close.

Is he a more than capable option as and when we want him? Yes, absolutely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

VdH on 21:00 - Nov 25 with 3977 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What about the game when he completely had Troy Deeney in his pocket?
VdH on 21:03 - Nov 25 with 3957 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yes, nearly always puts in a good performance.
Again this is one of the many players that have been written off on here only for them eventually to come good.
Naughton, Carrol and Clucas have come in for pelters as well. I would not be surprised to see a similar thread in relation to them in future.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

VdH on 21:18 - Nov 25 with 3911 viewsTheKirkyLife

I remember that tackle at Palace - I knew then there was still a good defender in there. Followed it up well with this performance. Very encouraging.
VdH on 21:20 - Nov 25 with 3887 viewsFireboy2

VdH on 21:00 - Nov 25 by A_Fans_Dad

What about the game when he completely had Troy Deeney in his pocket?

Aye i remember that game

Bumbling Bobs first home game

Shouldve won

Things didn't go very well after that
VdH on 21:23 - Nov 25 with 3873 viewsicecoldjack

VDH had a great game, did the basics well and didn't fook about like Mawson pretending to be Hollywood when on the ball.

He stepped in and kept it simple, couldn't ask for any more, is a good attacking option from corners too, one day we'll be able to take them, looks like Ki is the best option so make him practice them everyday from now on ,

VDH played his part and did well very happy for him, think he may play in midweek too
VdH on 21:25 - Nov 25 with 3851 viewsNeathJack

No nonsense, good old fashioned defender.

I approve.
VdH on 21:26 - Nov 25 with 3844 viewskarnataka

VdH on 21:18 - Nov 25 by TheKirkyLife

I remember that tackle at Palace - I knew then there was still a good defender in there. Followed it up well with this performance. Very encouraging.

Yup, we were talking today about his goal saving tackle on Yohan Cabaye in the win at Palace, brilliant. VdH had some dodgy games last season under Brad Bobbley (but who didn't?) but has been a very decent stand in when he's played this season and deserves more slack than he's given IMO. Was solid enough today.
Login to get fewer ads

N/A. on 01:08 - Nov 26 with 3601 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 5:13]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

VdH on 01:20 - Nov 26 with 3589 viewsLeonWasGod

He doesn't need to remind Alfie of anything - Alfie is a superb defender. Slowly becoming one of our best assets.

VDH did well today though.
VdH on 08:32 - Nov 26 with 3386 viewsyescomeon

Looks a real good signing. Can't imagine we payed much for him and to just come into the side and put in a performance like that is very impressive.

Upthecity!

VdH on 09:18 - Nov 26 with 3294 viewsJango

VdH on 01:20 - Nov 26 by LeonWasGod

He doesn't need to remind Alfie of anything - Alfie is a superb defender. Slowly becoming one of our best assets.

VDH did well today though.

Superb defenders don’t make as many mistakes as Mawson does. He’s got all the attributes but has always got a big mistake in him.
VdH on 10:07 - Nov 26 with 3234 viewsPegojack

VDH did well yesterday, as has already been said it was a no nonsense performance, just did the basics well.

I have to admit I had my heart in my mouth every time a ball was played to him in our final third, though, because I don't think he has huge confidence on the ball. He looks nervy in possession and always plays the safe ball sideways or back.

I suppose that is understandable given his lack of game time and his natural desire not to balls it up and cost us the game.
VdH on 11:05 - Nov 26 with 3181 viewsicecoldjack

VdH on 10:07 - Nov 26 by Pegojack

VDH did well yesterday, as has already been said it was a no nonsense performance, just did the basics well.

I have to admit I had my heart in my mouth every time a ball was played to him in our final third, though, because I don't think he has huge confidence on the ball. He looks nervy in possession and always plays the safe ball sideways or back.

I suppose that is understandable given his lack of game time and his natural desire not to balls it up and cost us the game.

Agree. And thats all he needs to do, just take the safe option and be no nonsense when needed, i like him as an out and out defender, goes through strikers which always slows em down over 90 mins .
VdH on 11:14 - Nov 26 with 3163 viewscurleigh

VdH on 20:58 - Nov 25 by Dr_Winston

I've never understood the vitriol aimed in his direction.

Is he the best defender in the PL? No, not even close.

Is he a more than capable option as and when we want him? Yes, absolutely.

Absolutely agree with this, should be starting more regularly
VdH on 11:25 - Nov 26 with 3142 viewswhiterock

Naughton had a solid game too but rarely gets any praise, one pass went astray yesterday and the crowd immediately turned on him yet others get away with this regular, agree that Mickey the clog was superb and what a captains performance from Bony.

Thoughts are with Fede Fernandez
VdH on 11:48 - Nov 26 with 3107 viewsjasper_T

I was critical of the signing but he's never really let us down (I think he had some bad games during the Bradley shambles but who didn't), will be great for us in the Championship.
VdH on 12:01 - Nov 26 with 3086 viewsJoe_bradshaw

VdH benefits hugely with his no nonsense style by having Bony up front. It makes his clearances more effective because the ball isn’t coming straight back at us.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024